NSU-COM class of 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, ok, great, thanks heroes31, I must have missed it when I read that page. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know by when the financial aid award should be posted? I still haven't gotten mine and when I check online it says that all documentation has been received but some have not been reviewed yet. It has been like that since mid-March. I called them and they told me pretty much to wait some more. :confused:

Does anyone know by when the financial aid award should be posted? I still haven't gotten mine and when I check online it says that all documentation has been received but some have not been reviewed yet. It has been like that since mid-March. I called them and they told me pretty much to wait some more. :confused:

It should be posted already. When did you call? I called 2 weeks ago because mine wasn't posted either and the person who answered said that the college of medicine had priority when it came to financial aid so we should have it already. After calling I had my aid posted a few hours later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called them and they told me that they had all of the information and that it should have been posted already. The lady told me she was going to send an email to the person who is in charge of reviewing the documents and they are going to call me back once everything was verified. Hopefully everything will be set soon since Im going to be out of the country for most of July. :xf:

Congratulations and get ready to memorize and regurgitate the most insane amount of information you have ever beheld. God, I am SO happy to be done with preclinical work.

Residency info just went through for me yesterday. I am officially an in-state student!

Hey all,
I just made my decision to attend NSU in the fall. I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting you guys come August.

Last edited:
Hey all,
I just made my decision to attend NSU in the fall. I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting you guys come August.

Anyone still looking for a roommate/roommates? I'd prefer to live in an apt. off campus to save on dough.
26 y/o male, non-smoker, cleanly, no pets, looking for something relatively affordable and close to campus.
PM me if interested. I'm also on FB.

Join the FB group, there's a bunch of people looking for roommates and/or offering housing. Good to see some more of us (relatively) old fogies to offset these youngins.

im looking to sign my lease, and I already have my financial aid award, but is it true that they don't release the funds until August?

How can I use the funds to commit to my lease before then?

im looking to sign my lease, and I already have my financial aid award, but is it true that they don't release the funds until August?

How can I use the funds to commit to my lease before then?
You need to come up with cash from somewhere else to actually sign the lease and make the security deposit. But if you are asking for something to show your landlord that states you will be getting X amount in loans then you can just print out the M1 budget and show them that you get up to $22000 for housing per year.

I was just emailed that we can move into Rolling Hills on 7/30 or 7/31. Previously, the school was saying that 8/1 was the earliest that we could move in. See ya soon.

oh this is fantastic news!!! :) I thought i have to stay at a hotel for a night lol

Members don't see this ad :)
1.Anyone have a link or info on how NSU did with their residency match in 2010 or 2011? I have been scouring the web to find this info but have not found it yet. Please let me know where this info can be found...

2.Also, does anyone recall the size of our incoming class?

3. Finally, has anyone been able to actually reach anyone in admin in the school? I have been trying to reach ppl in admissions and fin aid and have not had the best success in talking to a human being vs a recording which concerns me a bit :-/

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
1.Anyone have a link or info on how NSU did with their residency match in 2010 or 2011? I have been scouring the web to find this info but have not found it yet. Please let me know where this info can be found...

3. Finally, has anyone been able to actually reach anyone in admin in the school? I have been trying to reach ppl in admissions and fin aid and have not had the best success in talking to a human being vs a recording which concerns me a bit :-/

Thanks in advance

1. Just go to the NSUCOM website click alumni affairs on the left column and you will find recent grad placement.
2. I believe its usually around 230.
3.I haven't tried. Sorry

i've done almost all of my work over the phone/after talking to people, only used e-mail a couple of times

financial aid is definitely the hardest ones to get a hold of, plan on being on hold 10-20 minutes if you're trying to call them

admissions you can typically get through to quickly, but getting routed to the person you need can take time

either way, it is possible to reach who you need over the phone, just takes time/repeated attempts

question of my own - can anyone else confirm the move in date for rolling hills? whenever i talked to the housing people they said rooms would be announced july 2nd, and move in was like august 1st. the sooner we could move in would be better obviously, but i haven't heard anything from residential life since i submitted my room application

also, insurance, we're auto-enrolled for that correct? don't really need to do anything extra for it?

Thanks in advance

Here are the matchlists 2010 and 2011 on their website. They have back to 2006, I think.

Attachments

• intern_sites10.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 100
  • intern_sites11.pdf
    76 KB · Views: 106
question of my own - can anyone else confirm the move in date for rolling hills? whenever i talked to the housing people they said rooms would be announced july 2nd, and move in was like august 1st. the sooner we could move in would be better obviously, but i haven't heard anything from residential life since i submitted my room application

I talked to someone in housing a few months ago and they said July 31 was the first day for move-in (I've heard July 30 recently as well). I called them today to double check I had all my paperwork in, though, and the call went through immediately, so they seem pretty easy to get a hold of for questions.

Hey guys, I've been at NSUCOM for a while, I'll be joining you guys this year as M1s!. I know most of the faculty and administration pretty well, as well as many regarding the curriculum, how classes are and such. so feel free to ask me any questions!
peace
superman

-----
p.s. I've got a great condo I'm living in, fully furnished. I need a room mate. It'll be 10 minutes to the school by bike ride. I long board :)

1. The rent for the roommate will be $500/ m + utilities. They will have their own full bathroom.
2. I have only one restriction, I'm looking for a vegetarian.
3. e-mail me if you want more details!
[email protected]

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered books yet? I'm wondering if I really need to order all these books. My sister goes to LECOM and she says she never used all the OMM books and generally speaking I like to study from lecture notes anyways.

Can any current NSUCOM student give advice in this matter?

Also, when do we need our diagnostic set and stethoscope and stuff by? My parents are coming for white coat and they said they can drive this stuff down with them. Do we need any of this stuff for orientation week?

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered books yet? I'm wondering if I really need to order all these books. My sister goes to LECOM and she says she never used all the OMM books and generally speaking I like to study from lecture notes anyways.

Can any current NSUCOM student give advice in this matter?

Also, when do we need our diagnostic set and stethoscope and stuff by? My parents are coming for white coat and they said they can drive this stuff down with them. Do we need any of this stuff for orientation week?

You don't need to order any books. The notes they provide you in class (along with Internet resources, i.e. Wikipedia) will be sufficient for your classes first year. I ordered a few books that I thought would help me, but I didn't use them for more than a few pages before putting them down. Plus the library has 99% of any books you'll ever need. Oh, also I forgot, this is the first year they are giving us ebooks so you will never need to order any books.

You don't need the diagnostic stuff until about your 4th week of classes (around there).

Hey guys, I've been at NSUCOM for a while, I'll be joining you guys this year as M1s!. I know most of the faculty and administration pretty well, as well as many regarding the curriculum, how classes are and such. so feel free to ask me any questions!
peace
superman

-----
p.s. I've got a great condo I'm living in, fully furnished. I need a room mate. It'll be 10 minutes to the school by bike ride. I long board :)

1. The rent for the roommate will be $500/ m + utilities. They will have their own full bathroom.
2. I have only one restriction, I'm looking for a vegetarian.
3. e-mail me if you want more details!
[B][email protected][/B]

Holy crap. For everyone's information, this person matriculated with me, and I'm a 3rd year now.

Hey guys, first of all congratulations!

I'm an M2 and I own a 2-bedroom/2-bath condo right outside the school that I'm looking to rent for $1200/mo.
The address is 3100 West Rolling Hills Cir Apt 102 Davie, Fl 33328. It's about a half a mile away from school.

Highlights:

• Marble flooring in main living area (bedrooms are tile)
  • Kitchen has granite counter top, stainless steel fridge, convection oven, glass-top stove, dishwasher
  • Washer/dryer combo in unit
  • Small pets allowed
  • Community Pool
  • Twin-size bed included
Please feel free to email me ([email protected]) and I'll be glad to tell you more, and of course send you pictures. On a side note, I can be pretty helpful for info on your first 2 years so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Thanks guys!
-Shaakir