NHSC 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If one of the already notified finalists could please answer this for me, I would be incredibly grateful. So I had a 4.0 finishing undergrad, and I meet both the second and third priorities (I am from a rural area and disadvantaged background). I’m not entirely sure what the first priority means, as I wouldn’t think many people would not request funding for all their years of school the first time around. So could you guys let me know what your applications were like? Thanks in advance! @kosmonauvt @Vols2020 @constantlyconfused

Members don't see this ad.

If one of the already notified finalists could please answer this for me, I would be incredibly grateful. So I had a 4.0 finishing undergrad, and I meet both the second and third priorities (I am from a rural area and disadvantaged background). I’m not entirely sure what the first priority means, as I wouldn’t think many people would not request funding for all their years of school the first time around. So could you guys let me know what your applications were like? Thanks in advance! @kosmonauvt @Vols2020 @constantlyconfused
I'm currently a second year medical student. I only requested 3 years vs 4 years because I had a little bit of my GI bill left and wanted to make sure primary care was for me. Disadvantaged background, rural, and my essay was about volunteering regularly as a student doctor at the free clinic my school has.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually only got the credit check, no other update to my application :/. Similar stats (3.9 undergrad GPA. disadvantaged background) but I'm a first-year PA student. From looking back on other years, second rounds seem to be somewhat random (sometimes ~1 week after the first round was sent, sometimes several weeks, sometimes right before the Sept 30th deadline) which sucks because this anticipation is killing me ._.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my finalist letter on Aug 14th and the following day the credit check (saw on experian)…I am a 1st year dental student (disadvantaged student and 3.98 GPA)

Can more people state their stats if they’re a finalist?

Well, found someone from the PA forum who did get a finalist notification on 8/20, meaning those other batches did start. Based on previous years, seems like a shut case if I'm being honest, won't get my hopes up any longer for a finalist spot. Best of luck everyone o7

Reactions: 1 users
Well, found someone from the PA forum who did get a finalist notification on 8/20, meaning those other batches did start. Based on previous years, seems like a shut case if I'm being honest, won't get my hopes up any longer for a finalist spot. Best of luck everyone o7
That's unfortunate for those who received a hard inquiry... My credit score dropped haha. I know it'll go back up over time, but you'd think they would be interested in us if they did a credit score check :(

Are they still sending out finalist awards? Or should those of us who didn't hear back assume we aren't getting it at this point?

Did anyone get an update on the portal like this ? Does this mean I won’t be awarded even though I was a finalist and accepted it ?

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpeg
    IMG_0413.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 105
Did anyone get an update on the portal like this ? Does this mean I won’t be awarded even though I was a finalist and accepted it ?
A few people have gotten this. Its a glitch, the gold bar is your actual status.

Has anyone that received an email letting them know they were finalist, received their countersignature?
I am still waiting on a countersignature and was wondering if anyone has received it already.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back? I have not heard anything but called two weeks ago and they said my application is still under consideration. However I am losing hope.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back? I have not heard anything but called two weeks ago and they said my application is still under consideration. However I am losing hope.
I think that this year it's taking more time then last year to let people know. I received an email that I am a finalist back in August but I am still waiting for the countersignature.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were rewarded do you mind saying your stats and how many years you requested funding for.

That's a good sign that they said your application is still under consideration! I believe the latest you can hear back from them is Sept. 30th, so it is possible that you might hear from them on the 30th! Also, it is likely that not everyone who was selected as a finalist accepted the offer, so you might still have a chance :)

Update for finalists: My application portal now says "Congrats on being awarded. Please log in as a participant."

So far I have only seen dental and PA students receive the scholarship, any medical students (MD or DO) that have been notified?

My friend at my school got it and we are at a DO school. I was not selected which may not be a bad thing since I know I want to do a subspecialty as of right now.
So far I have only seen dental and PA students receive the scholarship, any medical students (MD or DO) that have been notified?

Hello! I logged into my applicant portal and it said "Congratulations on being awarded, please log in as a participant." What is my next step? I didn't receive any instructions. If anyone can provide some direction, please. Thanks!

Hello! I logged into my applicant portal and it said "Congratulations on being awarded, please log in as a participant." What is my next step? I didn't receive any instructions. If anyone can provide some direction, please. Thanks!

I logged into the BHW participant portal! On the main page of the portal, it will have a category that says “A Participant” and you’ll click the one for that. Use the same login as the scholarship portal

Hi all! Congrats to those who got the NHSC scholarship!

I was wondering if anyone who was successful might be willing to PM me and share what they wrote, please? In the past, I've benefited a lot from getting to see examples and pick up on themes/structure. I learned that multiple people could have a great story, but sometimes there's a "right way" to style things that fits a certain type of organization. (I will absolutely be doing my own work, but examples really help!)

Thanks very much! Have a great year!! 🤗