2023-2024 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this mean that if we accept an offer from the waitlist of one school, we are automatically removed from the waitlists of other schools?
No, you can still be on WL until you commit to a school or pull yourself from the WL

That said it’s uncommon to get more than one WL offer

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I’ll be honest- after months of looking forward to May, I’m actually freaking out now bc what if I don’t hear something this week 😅 sorry for the negativity y'all, it just hit me

Reactions: 20 users
I’ll be honest- after months of looking forward to May, I’m actually freaking out now bc what if I don’t hear something this week 😅 sorry for the negativity y'all, it just hit me
I feel the same. The thoughts are all-consuming. 😭

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No, you can still be on WL until you commit to a school or pull yourself from the WL

That said it’s uncommon to get more than one WL offer
Is it really uncommon to get more than one WL offer? Especially if you are on a ton of WL's?

Reactions: 1 users
Same i've held out a little hope for some WL but realistically idt im gonna get off one and i fear it's gonna suck

Reactions: 2 users
If i get off the cornell waitlist i'll run from my apt in bethesda to nyc

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Don’t get me wrong guys, it’s not time to give up on your WLs because the busy time for WL offers is in May.
Realistically you may get one but not several

Reactions: 6 users
Don’t get me wrong guys, it’s not time to give up on your WLs because the busy time for WL offers is in May.
Realistically you may get one but not several
does getting off the waitlist at one school (amcas updating and you PTE) affect getting off the waitlist at another?

They will just ask you to accept or not accept their offer.
At this point in the cycle you may only have 1-2 weeks or less to decide, so be ready.
But if we accept their offer, does that mean we have to withdraw our other waitlist positions?

But if we accept their offer, does that mean we have to withdraw our other waitlist positions?
Depends on the rules at that school: when do they require you to commit?
Read your WL offer word by word.
If you choose PTE you can stay on WLs
If you choose CTE you have to drop all your WLs and other A’s.

Members don't see this ad :)
This may have been answered before, but I believe if you do plan to enroll you don’t have to but if you commit to enroll you have to

Looks like some schools WL movement is gonna start later bc some schools have extended their PTE deadlines

After 4 MCATs, 3 application cycles, and 2 Masters degrees, I just got my first MD acceptance off the waitlist! Lets get it 🔥 Good luck to everyone else on this thread, from a calloused vet: your time is coming!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 47 users
After 4 MCATs, 3 application cycles, and 2 Masters degrees, I just got my first MD acceptance off the waitlist! Lets get it 🔥 Good luck to everyone else on this thread, from a calloused vet: your time is coming!
Congratulations

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE AFTER 5 WLS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 28 users
Studs
Summer Bounce GIF by SVT

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Ngl y'all. I got too much free time. Wonder if M4 year is like this. Gotta say, "Alone" is a great show

Reactions: 3 users
congrats to everyone who heard back today! Good to see theres movement before the deadline, heres to hoping theres more after!

King (or Queen)

Congrats everyone on the As!!!!!

That had to feel soooo good! HUGE congratulations. YOU DID IT future doctor!!

• Love
After 4 MCATs, 3 application cycles, and 2 Masters degrees, I just got my first MD acceptance off the waitlist! Lets get it Good luck to everyone else on this thread, from a calloused vet: your time is coming!

Congrats !!! Do you guys mind sharing which schools had WL movement today?

That had to feel soooo good! HUGE congratulations. YOU DID IT future doctor!!
Thank you so much! Been a wild ride, but beyond grateful. Was reflecting today about when my undergrad advisor told me to "rethink med school because I had essentially no chance of making it". That guy can kick rocks barefoot, respectfully! I'm gonna be a doctor baby! 🙌

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Thank you so much! Been a wild ride, but beyond grateful. Was reflecting today about when my undergrad advisor told me to "rethink med school because I had essentially no chance of making it". That guy can kick rocks barefoot, respectfully! I'm gonna be a doctor baby! 🙌
In a very similar boat to you, you give me lots of hope!

Crying tears of happiness for you! Congratulations future MD!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I just emailed my school's admission committee to clarify their policies regarding PTE/CTE, but I will probably PTE.
Same
Boat. But doing PTE to be safe. Can’t take a chance with them taking the offer back. And apparently people get off WL since it is PTE and not CTE

Anyone else been having restless nights recently?

Really praying that we all get off the waitlists and all get at least one A!

Reactions: 19 users
it's april 30 for all schools but i think most schools are granting extensions if you ask for one
Does that mean you can hold off on PTE at the school you have an acceptance at. The school that I have an acceptance at their PTE deadline is June and CTE July.

If you have an acceptance but are on multiple waitlists at schools you’d rather attend, do you have to select PTE for the accepted school by April 30th? I was thinking of not PTEing at all, as the school I was accepted at does not require it. Please let me know and thank you!!
Did you get any more info. As I am in the same boat.

after so much waiting it doesn’t feel real that movement could start in just a few days

Reactions: 12 users
Did you get any more info. As I am in the same boat.
Hi!! The school I am accepted to does not have a policy regarding PTE, only that I CTE in July, so I’ve decided not to PTE. I would look at your schools policy of PTE and see if it’s required by today!!

My school told me that they have no guidelines for PTE/CTE, but I still PTEd in case. Then again, it was a TMDSAS school, so they don't really care about CYMS/AMCAS.

My school told me that they have no guidelines for PTE/CTE, but I still PTEd in case. Then again, it was a TMDSAS school, so they don't really care about CYMS/AMCAS.
Idek if TMDSAS applicants can access CYMS unless they started a AMCAS app

FINGERS CROSSED FOR ALL OF US!! Especially those who have not received any outright acceptances, but also for those of us who are WL'd at our top choices and hoping to stay near our support systems!

• Love
Reactions: 32 users