2023-2024 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1 II -> 1 A GUYS I DID IT! I got the A!!!! Wishing you all best of luck <3 it’s our time waitlisters!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent a LOI to the dean of admissions at a school I'm WL at because I happened to interview with him, and to my surprise, he responded with a really nice and encouraging message. Do I reply again to his message or is that too much? I don't want to be annoying/read too much into this but I'm also really excited by the responsiveness

Reactions: 1 users
I sent a LOI to the dean of admissions at a school I'm WL at because I happened to interview with him, and to my surprise, he responded with a really nice and encouraging message. Do I reply again to his message or is that too much? I don't want to be annoying/read too much into this but I'm also really excited by the responsiveness
You should respond if there is something more you think you should say!

Reactions: 3 users
a bunch of people from my WL school got in, is WL movement over? if it isn't when does it slow down by?

Reactions: 1 user
a bunch of people from my WL school got in, is WL movement over? if it isn't when does it slow down by?
Depends on the school. I would say the 1st week after May usually has the most movement at most schools. This typically slows down a lot in June and late May. Some schools like UVA apparently don't have any movement for a while, though.

Reactions: 4 users
Several peeps got off the WL at Belmont today but not me 😵

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Dude it just started lol. Some schools can have movement up to late-May or early-June.

Off the waitlist yesterday! Surreal moment. Still holding out for my top in state choice but no matter what I’ll still be a Dr. thank you guys for the support

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users
Currently beyond anxious being on the waitlist at NJMS and Jefferson, and waiting on a decision post-interview from Drexel. I have no MD As right now so manifesting good news soon for myself and for everyone else in this thread!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Off the waitlist yesterday! Surreal moment. Still holding out for my top in state choice but no matter what I’ll still be a Dr. thank you guys for the support
Gz big man

Reactions: 2 users
Dude it just started lol. Some schools can have movement up to late-May or early-June.
i know :(

i'm losing so much hope tho, so many people got in yesterday for my school and it's my only waitlist, i'm gonna be so sad if Ik have to retake my MCAT and reapply :(

i hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel for me

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
i know :(

i'm losing so much hope tho, so many people got in yesterday for my school and it's my only waitlist, i'm gonna be so sad if Ik have to retake my MCAT and reapply :(

i hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel for me
Keep your hopes up! There’s still plenty of time. Only 1 day of WL movement has passed don’t freak out yet

Reactions: 6 users
Many congratulations 🎊. Pls pray for me too. Keep us in ur dua

• Care
Many congratulations 🎊. Pls pray for me too. Keep us in ur dua
I got you. Making duaa for everyone on here don't worry. Also for everyone reading this, keep making duaa, pray tahajjud, and do istagfar. I was making duaa for a lot of things and Alhamdulillah everything is being answered so fast.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
3 WL from 3 interviews, hoping for some good news in the next few weeks. good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Ima join the WL gang....Carle been throwing shade at me

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

i’m curious - how many people have started to reapply (write essays, get new letters of rec), at what point this month should i start to do so as well?

Update for those reapplying-I did open AMCAS yesterday and everything from my old application transferred. This will save a ton of time. Has anyone opened TMDSAS? What transfers for that one?

Update for those reapplying-I did open AMCAS yesterday and everything from my old application transferred. This will save a ton of time. Has anyone opened TMDSAS? What transfers for that one?
(These comments are for the TMDSAS application)
All but the major essays. You do need to scroll thru each page and proofread it and save it. Be sure your phone/email are correct.
Add new activities.
Write your brief reapplication essay.
Writers will need to upload letters again
If you haven’t taken MCAT again since last one you don’t need to “re-release “ the old score.

Last edited:
All but the major essays. You do need to scroll thru each page and proofread it and save it. Be sure your phone/email are correct.
Add new activities.
Write your brief reapplication essay.
Writers will need to upload letters
If you haven’t taken MCAT again since last one you don’t need to “re-release “ the old score.
what is re-releasing? i thought the score automatically updates once you get a new score?

what is re-releasing? i thought the score automatically updates once you get a new score?
Not for TMDSAS. You need to give MCAT permission to release your score to TMDSAS.
For AMCAS, since the parent corporation also runs MCAT, no release permission is needed.

I sent a LOI pre WL to my only MD II, now that I'm on the WL and movement has started should I send another reiterating my interest or would that be too annoying for them?

4 MD II --> 1 R, 2 WL, and 1 upcoming interview. Hoping for some good news soon for everyone here!!

• Care
I sent a LOI pre WL to my only MD II, now that I'm on the WL and movement has started should I send another reiterating my interest or would that be too annoying for them?
Absolutely

Similar situation to coughsyrups. I sent a pre-WL letter of intent to a school that ended up waitlisting me about week or so later. Should I send anything to them?

Seems to me that if you’ve sent an LOIntent they probably wouldn’t appreciate additional letters (I sent an LOIntent at the end of Feb which was a month after I got WL). To me it would sound like “I know I said I intend to go, but I’m sending this letter to say I really really intend to go please accept me…. Pretty please.” At least that’s just my opinion, I could be totally off the mark.

• Love
Seems to me that if you’ve sent an LOIntent they probably wouldn’t appreciate additional letters (I sent an LOIntent at the end of Feb which was a month after I got WL). To me it would sound like “I know I said I intend to go, but I’m sending this letter to say I really really intend to go please accept me…. Pretty please.” At least that’s just my opinion, I could be totally off the mark.
You may be right too. Unless one has another acceptance and sending a LOI to their choice school to reemphasize that this is where we want to come. But only adcom knows what they want.

where is the WL flood… maybe it’s just the schools i’m waiting to hear from but there’s been no movement that i’ve seen (i’m impatient and stressed)

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
where is the WL flood… maybe it’s just the schools i’m waiting to hear from but there’s been no movement that i’ve seen (i’m impatient and stressed)

Getting to the point where I just want my cycle to be over. I envy people who had all their decisions by end of March.

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
Getting to the point where I just want my cycle to be over. I envy people who had all their decisions by end of March.
Manifesting the Duke A for you king

• Care
Waiting literal months for decisions from schools only to be passed up once again the first few days of WL movement is so painful.

Reactions: 14 users
Same. My summer plans are foiled lol. Can’t really quit my job and travel if I have no idea what my next steps are. 😅

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
I was told (as someone who only had 1 II and 1 WL) to be a realist and just focus on next cycle and if I get in, then I get in. But it does no good to work yourself up or put too much thought into an unknown. I started the new app, will probs apply DO when it opens in a few days, and I’m studying for the MCAT. If I get in I’ll be the happiest person in the world but if I don’t I know I’ll be ready next time. Idk if that helps or not, but it’s been working for me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ either way, hoping for an A for us both 🤞🏻

• Care
Reactions: 18 users
I am absolutely getting stressed, I reached out to some of my schools and all they said is there are new updates and that they probably won’t have any for another 3-4 weeks which is literally when apps open up for next cycle

Reactions: 2 users
I am absolutely getting stressed, I reached out to some of my schools and all they said is there are new updates and that they probably won’t have any for another 3-4 weeks which is literally when apps open up for next cycle
Apps are already open. I have started to tackle filling them out and editing my essays in order to ease my nerves.

• Care
Man, nothing makes it easier when it's your 3rd time reapplying after numerous rejections, you increase your MCAT score by 5 points, and still end up on the waitlist. This thread is great. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this process

• Care
Reactions: 20 users
Man, nothing makes it easier when it's your 3rd time reapplying after numerous rejections, you increase your MCAT score by 5 points, and still end up on the waitlist. This thread is great. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this process
Also on my 3rd try. All my premed friends have been in med school for a few years now. I'm sorry for everyone in this boat together but it does help not feeling so alone like you said. Hang in there, I can't offer much other than to say I know what you're going through. Hopefully this is the end of this road for us!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Also on my 3rd try. All my premed friends have been in med school for a few years now. I'm sorry for everyone in this boat together but it does help not feeling so alone like you said. Hang in there, I can't offer much other than to say I know what you're going through. Hopefully this is the end of this road for us!
+1 wishing you both well within this next month!!

• Love
I wish these schools could just give us updates. Like when are they expecting to start having movement and if it’s not for a while, then what exactly is the hold up

Reactions: 15 users
Yea there is truly a lack of transparency, the schools respond really cryptically

Reactions: 8 users
Is there any downside to calling admissions to see when I can expect potential WL movement and what kind of movement this school may see? No one has heard back from this school as far as I know.