Need advice! MD/MBA @ Wright State vs. Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetnectar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide whether to pursue an MD/MBA at Vermont or Wright State. Wright State has an established 5-year program. Vermont has no official MD/MBA, but I spoke with administration and they said that they have the idea in the works and would certainly let me do it. If I were to decide to go to Vermont, I would be a "Guinea pig" in the sense that I would be the first one to try a lot of the ideas. I would take the responsibility to make sure everything falls in place. It would take anywhere from 5-6 years to do the MD/MBA at Vermont depending on how long it takes me to fulfill the MBA requirements, of which I think it'd be closer to the 6 year mark.

I like the idea of being able to initiate an MD/MBA in Vermont, and it would perhaps demonstrate leadership skills and my commitment towards achieving my goals. I also like the city of Burlington, Vermont somewhat better than Dayton, Ohio. However, I do not know if it is worth it to go to Vermont and spend an extra year compared to Wright State. Also a note, all the students at Wright State seem to really enjoy their time there.

Any advice you may offer would be much appreciated!

Here's what Wright State says about their MD/MBA program:

The Boonshoft Physician Leadership Development Program offers students management and leadership skills, as well as knowledge of health economics and population-based medicine. It is designed to develop future leaders of the health care system, including CEOs of health care organizations, such as hospitals, hospital systems, government agencies, nonprofit organizations and for-profit health care companies. Students in the program attend monthly physician leadership sessions designed to improve their analytic, business and management skills.
The program is combined over five years, culminating with a dual degree—the M.D. and a Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Health Care Management. Students participate in a monthly special leadership development program through a series of seminars with M.D./M.P.H. students themed around leadership.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.