MSUCOM vs. DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAC7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far this cycle, I have been accepted to MSUCOM, DMU, and CUSOM. I have also interviewed at MUCOM, and will be interviewing at KCU in October (unless I decide to cancel.)

My favorites so far are MSU and DMU. They seem fairly similar, however, I noticed that MSU's facilities are much older. DMU has simulation labs, among other great resources.

At this point, I'm fairly confident that my decision will come down to either MSU or DMU. I'm hoping to hear what people have to say in regards to the differences in facilities. Is new vs. old a big deal? Can current students chime in?

I know that it is my decision to make, but I'm curious to see what people have to say.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

So far this cycle, I have been accepted to MSUCOM, DMU, and CUSOM. I have also interviewed at MUCOM, and will be interviewing at KCU in October (unless I decide to cancel.)

My favorites so far are MSU and DMU. They seem fairly similar, however, I noticed that MSU's facilities are much older. DMU has simulation labs, among other great resources.

At this point, I'm fairly confident that my decision will come down to either MSU or DMU. I'm hoping to hear what people have to say in regards to the differences in facilities. Is new vs. old a big deal? Can current students chime in?

I know that it is my decision to make, but I'm curious to see what people have to say.

Thanks in advance!

They are two of the oldest DO schools, both are solid choices, I think MSU might have an in state bias.

Reactions: 1 user
I know I'm not a current student, but I've heard KCU and DMU are pretty similar. Maybe you should check KCU out. Based off your avatar, I'm guessing you're from Michigan? Most people will probably tell you to pick your state school because it's cheaper, but I'm actually not quite sure what DMU's tuition is so maybe that won't be a factor.

Imo as long as the school provides you with the resources you need to succeed, it doesn't matter how shiny they are. That's just me though. It's going to come down to where you feel the most comfortable. Maybe go to an open house or a closer look day or something at each school if you can afford to travel.

Anyways, congrats on the acceptances! The problem you have is a wonderful one and one that most pre-meds would kill to have. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go the MSU route, although you can't go wrong with DMU or KCU, but in terms of research and clinical rotations MSU is the better option.

I would go the MSU route, although you can't go wrong with DMU or KCU, but in terms of research and clinical rotations MSU is the better option.

What makes MSU's clinical rotations better?

What makes MSU's clinical rotations better?

They have rotations at major hospitals in the Detroit Metropolitan Area like DMC , Henry Ford and McLaren.

If I go to MSU, I'd prefer to do my rotations in Michigan
MSU has state wide system, that means all your rotations will be in michigan. This is not the case for DMU

If you're from Michigan this isn't even a question.

I really liked DMU. I'm just happy to even have options haha
MSU instate tuition is cheaper than DMU + all the benefits of going to a university-affiliated DO school. Neither of these things are insignificant.

Hey! I am a long time viewer of SDN and I actually joined today to discuss some similar topics. We are in a very similar situation. Will you PM me? I am not sure how to haha