Midwestern C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you guys got invited for interviews did your portal update or did you just receive an email? I submitted 9/22 so I’m getting anxious!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you guys got invited for interviews did your portal update or did you just receive an email? I submitted 9/22 so I’m getting anxious!

Both happened for me! I got notification that my application was complete on 08/30 and then an interview invite on 09/06, so I'm sure you're getting close! :)

I interviewed early Oct. and my portal updated this morning!!!

I’m assuming you’ve been accepted? Congrats!!

I received an email with regards to the interview invite and then saw that my portal got updated with the interview scheduling dates. But i’ve heard of people not getting emails for interview invites so make sure to check your portal to see if interview scheduling dates are there.

I did not receive an email invite for my interview, so be sure to check your portal :) I did get a confirmation email, though.

Does anyone know what the portal will look like if you were rejected or waitlisted after and interview?

It would look like this:
View attachment 224105
You would actually be able to view what is in the applicant checklist and what is pending to complete the checklist. If you are accepted you will be able to view the same thing...BUT...it will say ACCEPTED checklist. If it still says "no items pending" that means your app is still being processed. :) Sorry if I confused you guys!

Does anyone know what the portal will look like if you were rejected or waitlisted after and interview?

Liquid Phoenix posted what waitlisted looks like on student portal, unsure about rejected though.

Happy Halloween everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted for Fall 2018 as well! Does anyone know about the portal changing from "displaying partial" once transcripts are submitted?

I interviewed last week and they said to give them about 2 weeks for decisions.

I interviewed on October 11th and am still waiting on hearing back.

Congrats! Mind I ask when did you interview? I interviewed last week and haven’t heard back yet
I interviewed last week on the 24th. I called today and they stated I am still in "interviewed status" I know someone who interviewed the 17th and already heard back with an acceptance. So I'm not sure how they determine who they notify.

Same, when did you find out?
I interviewed in 10/18 and was notified on 10/27. I was surprised to hear back so quickly, since they said to expect waiting ~ 3-4 weeks. Apparently they have committees that meet up at unscheduled times after interviews, so everyone will be hearing back at varying times. Hope that helps!

I've been accepted for Fall 2018 as well! Does anyone know about the portal changing from "displaying partial" once transcripts are submitted?
I assume once they've received documents they will update the portal. If you've submitted already, email anyone in the admissions office and they should take care of it quickly. I had an issue resolved in 48 hours:)

Has anyone from the 10/25 interview day heard back yet?

Not yet. The suspense is killing me! I wonder if they are still doing interviews?

Not yet. The suspense is killing me! I wonder if they are still doing interviews?
I called again today I am still in "interviewed" status. They couldn't really tell me when they were meeting again other than it is usually on Monday's.

Then we may have to wait till next Monday :(
I called again today I am still in "interviewed" status. They couldn't really tell me when they were meeting again other than it is usually on Monday's.

Yes, they are still doing interviews lol. They interview prospective students until March :)

Nope o_O I interviewed on the 26th

Then we may have to wait till next Monday :(
To all of you:

All vet med classes (2019, 2020, & 2021) have quarter finals this week through Friday. Our admissions panel consist of mostly professors of many of the courses so I'm sure they've been busy fielding questions before and after final tests.

Don't worry, I promise they have not forgotten about you! It's just been a crazy, busy week for CVM. I'm not sure if they will resume next week or not as all of CVM has a quarter break until the 27th. Just wanted to give you a heads up on the time line so you guys won't stress! Hope this helps you breathe a little :)

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, they are still doing interviews lol. They interview prospective students until March :)

To all of you:

All vet med classes (2019, 2020, & 2021) have quarter finals this week through Friday. Our admissions panel consist of mostly professors of many of the courses so I'm sure they've been busy fielding questions before and after final tests.

Don't worry, I promise they have not forgotten about you! It's just been a crazy, busy week for CVM. I'm not sure if they will resume next week or not as all of CVM has a quarter break until the 27th. Just wanted to give you a heads up on the time line so you guys won't stress! Hope this helps you breathe a little :)

Thanks so much for the update, it def made me feel better. Also, good luck with all of your finals!!!

Thanks so much for the update, it def made me feel better. Also, good luck with all of your finals!!!
Thank you! Luckily we've taken all of the "major" finals and we just have one left tomorrow.

You are very welcome! I know what it's like to wait and not know, so I'm glad I could put your mind at ease even if only for a little while. :)

Forgot to tell everyone, we have a 4th year MWU student doing her externship at my work and I was super impressed with her!!
She's amazingly people oriented and was super helpful! I'm sad she'll be moving on to her next externship site soon.
But they are definitely producing quality soon to be doctor's there!!

Guys... my accepted student checklist just went up. Does this mean what I think it means?!

Reactions: 2 users
Long time lurker but finally decided to join in on the fun... my accepted student checklist just popped up too! Interviewed 11/1!

Reactions: 1 users
wow congrats people!!! I interviewed on 10/25 and still no accepted checklist : /

Mine updated too! Interviewed on the 26th

Mine updated too! I interviewed on 11/2 and have an accepted applicant checklist!

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

I guess if I don’t have an accepted checklist I must be waitlisted/rejected huh? How would I know which one though?

Anyone from the 10/25 interview day hear anything?

It would look like this:
View attachment 224105
You would actually be able to view what is in the applicant checklist and what is pending to complete the checklist. If you are accepted you will be able to view the same thing...BUT...it will say ACCEPTED checklist. If it still says "no items pending" that means your app is still being processed. :) Sorry if I confused you guys!

I guess if I don’t have an accepted checklist I must be waitlisted/rejected huh? How would I know which one though?

Liquid Phoenix posted a screenshot of what the alternate student checklist looks like (waitlisted) on the portal, you still have an applicant checklist (mine became more updated when I was placed on the alternate list) rather than the accepted student checklist.

Also congrats to everyone accepted!!

Interviewed on 10/31, my portal just updated too!!!! Does anyone know how soon we can expect a call or email for official confirmation of acceptance?

Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! My portal also changed this morning :cat: On the accepted checklist, it says i still need to send them all my transcripts from my schools. Don’t they just pull it from vmcas? Or do we have to send them all again individually? Anyone else seeing this too?

Congrats to everyone that was accepted!

Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! My portal also changed this morning :cat: On the accepted checklist, it says i still need to send them all my transcripts from my schools. Don’t they just pull it from vmcas? Or do we have to send them all again individually? Anyone else seeing this too?
They will pull them from VMCAS. If you have other courses pending you will need to submit those when your semester(s) are over.

Interviewed on 10/31, my portal just updated too!!!! Does anyone know how soon we can expect a call or email for official confirmation of acceptance?
I️ interviewed on this date as well and got accepted! Congrats!!

So does the portal change definitely mean we were accepted or will we get a phone call or email?