Midwestern C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rozzieray

Class of 202maybe sometime before 2030?
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally decided to start this one too!
Anyone applying/ reapplying here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Finally decided to start this one too!
Anyone applying/ reapplying here?
Hi! Im currently on their alternate list but will definitely reapply if I don't get in.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm also on the alternate list! But getting my application together to reapply!

Members don't see this ad :)
Appplying here first time this round :)

Hi! Im currently on their alternate list but will definitely reapply if I don't get in.

I'm also on the alternate list! But getting my application together to reapply!

Still holding out hope for you two!

@Rozzieray @greeneyegal92 I will be attending MWU this fall. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or PM me! If I don't know the answer I'll find someone on here who does! :)

Reactions: 4 users
I am reapplying this cycle, retaking the GRE and working on my personal statement questions. I was placed on the alternate list for midwestern this past cycle.

I'm finishing up a couple of my pre-reqs. And planning on submitting my app end of Aug. Is that too late in the game? I know it says application deadline is Sept, 19th, but if they already have alternates do i even have a chance?

Hi guys! I'll be starting my second year at Midwestern this fall. If you have any questions, feel free to message me! Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I am reapplying this cycle! Put on the waitlist last cycle :)

I'm finishing up a couple of my pre-reqs. And planning on submitting my app end of Aug. Is that too late in the game? I know it says application deadline is Sept, 19th, but if they already have alternates do i even have a chance?

As long as you submit before the deadline you'll have equal chance as people who submit before. I submitted mine September 5th and interviewed in January. I was alternate listed and then offered a spot in May, which I declined because I already had accepted my spot elsewhere.
The alternates are from this past cycle to start classes in a couple weeks. You can be accepted off the alternate list into the first week of classes, so that won't influence your chances at all :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything? By this time last year letters were sent out :0

Does anyone know if you have to apply to midwestern separately as well?

Has anyone heard anything? By this time last year letters were sent out :0
I think they may still be confirming all of the students they have for c/o 2021. I know we've had some late additions.
Does anyone know if you have to apply to midwestern separately as well?
You can apply to MWU through VMCAS! They also allow you to submit your application until March if you apply after the September deadline, but if you are submitting a VMCAS application I'd suggest going ahead and applying with your other schools of choice. :)

I think they may still be confirming all of the students they have for c/o 2021. I know we've had some late additions.

You can apply to MWU through VMCAS! They also allow you to submit your application until March if you apply after the September deadline, but if you are submitting a VMCAS application I'd suggest going ahead and applying with your other schools of choice. :)

Sorry, my question wasn't clear, My VMCAS is submitted and in the verification process, I was just wondering f Midwestern had a supplemental app or fee of any kind.

Sorry, my question wasn't clear, My VMCAS is submitted and in the verification process, I was just wondering f Midwestern had a supplemental app or fee of any kind.
Haha sorry! They didn't require a supplemental or fee last year and I don't believe they do this year either :)

Just got an email saying I was put on the wait list for an interview... haha But interviews start in October, per the email.

I'm applying to Midwestern this year too. Would any of you be willing to share your GPA/vet hours? You can see admissions stats online but it's always helpful to hear individual stories!

Sent in all my VMCAS and GRE score weeks ago, but my MWU online portal still states that I'm missing my GRE score.. anyone have this issue?

Sent in all my VMCAS and GRE score weeks ago, but my MWU online portal still states that I'm missing my GRE score.. anyone have this issue?

I had to email admissions about mine. They immediately corrected it.

I'd definitely email them if it's been a couple of weeks. They are usually pretty quick when they receive the info to input it into your portal.

Once they have all your materials VMCAS, GRE, etc will they send you a confirmation email that everything is received before they start reviewing over the app?

Once they have all your materials VMCAS, GRE, etc will they send you a confirmation email that everything is received before they start reviewing over the app?
It has been about a week since they have had everything I am Just wondering when I should expect to hear from them again.

Yes. They usually send it within a week of receiving your full application but it could be longer right now. Orientation for my class was this week. :)

It has been about a week since they have had everything I am Just wondering when I should expect to hear from them again.
Applying to vet school is a lot of hurry up and wait lol. Once they've received all of the required info they will send you an email to set up a portal on the MWU website so you can keep track of your application and any additional information they need from you. Last year they received my info on 8/26 and I set up my portal. I didn't hear from them again until 9/15. Don't be discouraged if it takes a few weeks. If you are waitlisted for an interview they will send you an email and if they want to interview you sometimes they email you and sometimes it'll just pop up in your portal under the interview tab so make sure you check it regularly (just not compulsively :laugh:).

We start class on Monday so if anyone has questions I'm free until then. Feel free to send me a PM. :)

I'm applying to Midwestern this year too. Would any of you be willing to share your GPA/vet hours? You can see admissions stats online but it's always helpful to hear individual stories!

I'm applying this year as well!

My overall GPA was 3.41, and I've got 4600 vet hours and 2000 animal (non-vet) hours logged. My app was verified complete on 8/18, and I received the interview invite yesterday for 9/13.

Hey guys, congrats on all the interviews! I'm a current Dental Student at Midwestern with an extra room that is listed on Airbnb. I stayed at airbnb's for all my interviews and tried to stay where current students lived so it gave me a better feel of what it would be like, and I loved it!

If you're a first time airbnb user this is my referral link which gives you $40 off your first stay at any airbnb.
Get $40 off your first adventure!

This is the link to my room
Private Room and Bathroom - Apartments for Rent in Glendale, Arizona, United States

Good luck to you all!

My overall GPA was 3.41, and I've got 4600 vet hours and 2000 animal (non-vet) hours logged. My app was verified complete on 8/18, and I received the interview invite yesterday for 9/13.
If you don't mind me asking what was your GRE score?

@dogtor in training Congrats on getting an interview!! I just received an email that my application is completed. Did you get information to sign into your portal already? Im a bit unfamiliar with how they go through this, even though I stalked all of the old Midwestern threads :laugh:

@dogtor in training Congrats on getting an interview!! I just received an email that my application is completed. Did you get information to sign into your portal already? Im a bit unfamiliar with how they go through this, even though I stalked all of the old Midwestern threads :laugh:

Thank you!! Yep, I received the account creation email for the portal the day I submitted my app--but that email was separate from the one I received confirming my application was sent. So I'd imagine yours will be coming soon as well. Here's the instructions they sent me about the portal log-in, maybe you can try setting it up already:

"You may create your account at Midwestern University - Account Setup which will enable you to track the status and receipt of your required application materials. Creation of your account will require entry of the following information:

• VMCAS ID:
  • Permanent Zip/Postal Code
  • Last Name
Upon receipt of any required items, please allow the Office of Admissions 3-5 business days for processing and updating the status of your documents."

Congrats on your interview!

If you don't mind me asking what was your GRE score?
Don't stress on GRE scores! MWU likes to look at applicants holistically. You can have lower GRE scores and still get in :)

@dogtor in training thank you so much!! I plugged it in and it worked. Maybe I just missed the e-mail? Oh well. Thanks again!

I just want to say that it's the third day of classes for the class of 2021 and we will already be learning physical exams on live dogs.

They really mean it when they say that you are going to get hands on training before anyone else!

From what I can see so far, all the professors really have a passion for what they do. And the dean of the college (all the administrative staff really) is absolutely hilarious and cares.

Several of my classmates got into other, cheaper schools (even in-states) and chose Midwestern (not advisable because crippling debt is real) so if this is your "back-up" school and ends up being the only acceptance you receive don't be sad/upset/etc. because you're going to love it here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm reapplying to MWU this cycle! I was put on the waitlist for an interview last cycle. Getting ready to submit my VMCAS. Good luck to all!

Just interviewed at MWU yesterday! It's a really beautiful campus and has an innovative curriculum. The deans are absolutely wonderful people, and the students are all super friendly, happy, and well-dressed :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just interviewed at MWU yesterday! It's a really beautiful campus and has an innovative curriculum. The deans are absolutely wonderful people, and the students are all super friendly, happy, and well-dressed :)

Maybe I saw you, I stopped by the lunch table to say hi!

How wasn't the interview!? I just received an invite

How wasn't the interview!? I just received an invite

Hey congrats on the invite!! It was definitely worth it for me to make the trip out there. The interview itself was pretty short, and the day overall was great. You'll definitely feel welcomed and valued as a candidate. I can't imagine people are happier anywhere else.

Hello everyone!! I was directed here from the general C/O 2022 hopefuls.
I submitted my VMCAS application on September 3rd, everything was verified on the 12th, and I received an email from Midwestern on the 16th notifying me that they received all of my application materials and that it is marked as complete.
It went on to mention that those marked as complete will be reviewed and that interview invitations are made on a rolling basis. I've read past VMCAS submissions were due in October and interviews were usually done in ~Feb-March. Can any recent/previous applicants help soothe my inner anxiety:nailbiting:? I'm not too sure when to approximately expect contact regarding an interview (I understand it'll be in order of those who submitted it first). After an interview, about how long did it take for you to be contacted in regards to whether or not you were accepted?
In the mean time I got a new job, I recently moved, and I'm working at a referral and emergency clinic as an ER tech! As well as finishing up some of my pre reqs. had my first OChem test this past week!

Hope everyone else is doing well :clap: Look forward to seeing everyone's progress!

My GPA is a 3.9, my GRE wasn't the best with 155V, 150Q, and 5.0W; 6,000 hours veterinary experience and 4,000 hours animal experience (most of this is from fostering sick animals, or from 4weeks-4months of age), 780 hours non-related experience (obtained throughout a little over 8 years, some points having two jobs at once; volunteer work).

Last edited:
Hello everyone!! I was directed here from the general C/O 2022 hopefuls.
I submitted my VMCAS application on September 3rd, everything was verified on the 12th, and I received an email from Midwestern on the 16th notifying me that they received all of my application materials and that it is marked as complete.
It went on to mention that those marked as complete will be reviewed and that interview invitations are made on a rolling basis. I've read past VMCAS submissions were due in October and interviews were usually done in ~Feb-March. Can any recent/previous applicants help soothe my inner anxiety:nailbiting:? I'm not too sure when to approximately expect contact regarding an interview (I understand it'll be in order of those who submitted it first). After an interview, about how long did it take for you to be contacted in regards to whether or not you were accepted?
In the mean time I got a new job, I recently moved, and I'm working at a referral and emergency clinic as an ER tech! As well as finishing up some of my pre reqs. had my first OChem test this past week!

Hope everyone else is doing well :clap: Look forward to seeing everyone's progress!

My GPA is a 3.9, my GRE wasn't the best with 155V, 150Q, and 5.0W; 6,000 hours veterinary experience and 4,000 hours animal experience (most of this is from fostering sick animals, or from 4weeks-4months of age), 780 hours non-related experience (obtained throughout a little over 8 years, some points having two jobs at once; volunteer work).
Interviews are done on a rolling basis. You could interview anytime from now to March 1st. (I know...no inner peace from anxiety achieved in that answer lol.) After your application is reviewed, they may offer you an interview (make sure check your MWU portal under the interview tab every so often...I never received an email. They just posted it to the portal, but other applicants last year said they did receive an email). If they place you on the waitlist for an interview they will email you and as they cycle applications they will offer interviews.

After you interview it's usually a week to 3 weeks before you hear back depending on how busy they've been with apps and what time of the year it is. (Again...no inner peace). You could also be placed on the waitlist for acceptance. Don't fret if you get waitlisted in either case. Historically they usually pull from the waitlist after the acceptance deadline passes.

Congrats on your new job and keep up the hard work in ochem! If you take biochem...make sure you pay attention. You'll thank me later :)

Interviews are done on a rolling basis. You could interview anytime from now to March 1st. (I know...no inner peace from anxiety achieved in that answer lol.) After your application is reviewed, they may offer you an interview (make sure check your MWU portal under the interview tab every so often...I never received an email. They just posted it to the portal, but other applicants last year said they did receive an email). If they place you on the waitlist for an interview they will email you and as they cycle applications they will offer interviews.

After you interview it's usually a week to 3 weeks before you hear back depending on how busy they've been with apps and what time of the year it is. (Again...no inner peace). You could also be placed on the waitlist for acceptance. Don't fret if you get waitlisted in either case. Historically they usually pull from the waitlist after the acceptance deadline passes.

Congrats on your new job and keep up the hard work in ochem! If you take biochem...make sure you pay attention. You'll thank me later :)
Thank you so much! I've yet to receive an email in regards to setting up an MWU portal, should I contact them? Or give them another week or so to send it?

Thank you so much! I've yet to receive an email in regards to setting up an MWU portal, should I contact them? Or give them another week or so to send it?

Hey, congrats on getting everything submitted! Someone else was wondering this a while back, too. I think the email comes later for some people, but
here are the instructions they sent me about the portal log-in, maybe you can try setting it up already:

"You may create your account at Midwestern University - Account Setup which will enable you to track the status and receipt of your required application materials. Creation of your account will require entry of the following information:

• VMCAS ID:
  • Permanent Zip/Postal Code
  • Last Name
Upon receipt of any required items, please allow the Office of Admissions 3-5 business days for processing and updating the status of your documents."