Midwestern C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone who is already at Midwestern give me some advice? Is there a requirement for the type of computer/laptop you need? If not, is there a type anyone would recommend that would be best to handle the classes, labs, work, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone who is already at Midwestern give me some advice? Is there a requirement for the type of computer/laptop you need? If not, is there a type anyone would recommend that would be best to handle the classes, labs, work, etc.?
Hi!
There is no requirement for laptop or computers, most people use either an iPad and iPencil or a Windows Surface with a pen (what I use). Some people bring their laptop computers into class but usually those are bulkier. I would recommend a tablet with a pen to write notes, some people do pen and paper also in my class. I prefer to take notes on my tablet on the power point during the lecture but everyone has their own method to taking notes. In lab you will have a tablet provided by the school during lab class time, but you use your own computer or tablet outside of class. :) hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if anyone still checks in on this thread, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback about the current class of 2022?! I'm currently a student at SGU in the Caribbean but I'm looking to transfer to Midwestern at the start of the first year's third quarter (so in February). I've already emailed admissions and I've yet to hear back, so I was hoping to get some incite if anyone knows of other transfers happening? Typically schools will only consider transfer students if a spot opens up (i.e. someone drops out, takes a leave of absence, etc.). Thanks in advance!
We did recently have one person drop out, so I would imagine there is space

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to crash your page, but I recently accepted my offer of admission for 2023! And now its starting to click in I will actually be moving to Arizona haha (super excited) but I just had questions for other out of state people. Just wondering the time frame of when you looked for an apartment and if you were able to do it without being there in person at all. I just don't think I'll have a chance to fly back to Arizona before the semester starts.. so just kinda curious how anyone else went about that in the past and how soon I should start working on it :) Thank you!

Sorry to crash your page, but I recently accepted my offer of admission for 2023! And now its starting to click in I will actually be moving to Arizona haha (super excited) but I just had questions for other out of state people. Just wondering the time frame of when you looked for an apartment and if you were able to do it without being there in person at all. I just don't think I'll have a chance to fly back to Arizona before the semester starts.. so just kinda curious how anyone else went about that in the past and how soon I should start working on it :) Thank you!
I moved here in July and started looked around April/May. We didn't fly out to look at the homes but ended up lucking out on the area. Anything north of the school is great. It starts to get a little less nice the further south from the school you go. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me, and congratulations on your acceptance!

I moved here in July and started looked around April/May. We didn't fly out to look at the homes but ended up lucking out on the area. Anything north of the school is great. It starts to get a little less nice the further south from the school you go. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me, and congratulations on your acceptance!
Thank you very much! That's very helpful. I might end up PMing you in the future if you don't mind :)

Hi! Any current MWU students willing to chat about COA/ tackling debt after school? I was accepted into the fall 2023 class and just have some questions/ want to understand what I'm getting myself into in terms of debt. I understand that this school is extremely expensive, but unfortunately I don't have many options, and any school I attend will have OOS tuition anyway. Thanks!

Hi! Any current MWU students willing to chat about COA/ tackling debt after school? I was accepted into the fall 2023 class and just have some questions/ want to understand what I'm getting myself into in terms of debt. I understand that this school is extremely expensive, but unfortunately I don't have many options, and any school I attend will have OOS tuition anyway. Thanks!

I would try reaching out to the school itself. They have a lot of programs set up to help students understand, especially during orientation. But unfortunately, as a first year... most of us are aware of the overwhelming debt but pretending it doesn’t exist for now... not a wise strategy, but it’s something a lot of us are doing. Maybe post in the general class of 2020 or 2019 page to see how students from other schools are tackling it or advice they would have!