Michigan State University c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted instate!!! Was number 9 on the waitlist... surprised to hear this early!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! Freaking out. Anyone know if the facebook page is up yet?

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS accepted! Will be declining to attend my IS in Oregon, good luck to everyone on the waitlist! I applied last year and was rejected from Michigan before interviews and waitlisted at 2 other schools, so don’t give up even if this doesn’t end up being your year! You will end up where you’re meant to be :)

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats everyone! Hmu if you need a roommate. I have a dog that isn’t good around other dogs but he’s fine with cats :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else not heard anything? I emailed on Tuesday and have not heard back from MSU.

edit: I also never received an email regarding an interview... Were those already sent out? I'm just confused why I haven't heard anything from them. I already confirmed my acceptance into WSU, but still would just like to know.

Last edited:
Has anyone else not heard anything? I emailed on Tuesday and have not heard back from MSU.

edit: I also never received an email regarding an interview... Were those already sent out? I'm just confused why I haven't heard anything from them. I already confirmed my acceptance into WSU, but still would just like to know.
I know sometimes sometimes emails from vet schools got accidentally sent to my spam/junk folders. Have you found anything there?

OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! Freaking out. Anyone know if the facebook page is up yet?
Ahhhh congratulations!!! Chances are if you can't find the Facebook page now, it doesn't exist yet. Unlike other schools, MSU admin does not create a Facebook page for the class. One of you will have to make it and spread the word :) Last year one of our classmates made one and posted about it on the APVMA Facebook group and SDN, which reached a large percentage of our class even before orientation.

Reactions: 1 user
Ahhhh congratulations!!! Chances are if you can't find the Facebook page now, it doesn't exist yet. Unlike other schools, MSU admin does not create a Facebook page for the class. One of you will have to make it and spread the word :) Last year one of our classmates made one and posted about it on the APVMA Facebook group and SDN, which reached a large percentage of our class even before orientation.
Oh good to know! I decided to create a facebook page. Michigan State University CVM c/o 2024. Those accepted and will be attending join and I will add you!

Oh good to know! I decided to create a facebook page. Michigan State University CVM c/o 2024. Those accepted and will be attending join and I will add you!
I can’t find the group anywhere! Is it set to private?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I know sometimes sometimes emails from vet schools got accidentally sent to my spam/junk folders. Have you found anything there?
I had nothing in my spam or junk folder, and still haven't heard back. Just curious as to why that is.

I see there’s been some movement on the IS waitlist, last I saw was #9 was pulled off. Anyone know of any movement after #9?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m 13 on the IS waitlist and haven’t heard anything. But this gave me major hope, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed!
Same! Hoping it moves more after the 15th deadline! Did you email and ask for an update on your waitlist number?

Same! Hoping it moves more after the 15th deadline! Did you email and ask for an update on your waitlist number?
I just sent them an email, but I’m not expecting a response right a way due to everything going on! Last time I asked for an update they said there was no movement, but some of my friends in front of my position had denied their waitlist spots, so I’m not sure what to expect with their response!

Reactions: 1 users
I just sent them an email, but I’m not expecting a response right a way due to everything going on! Last time I asked for an update they said there was no movement, but some of my friends in front of my position had denied their waitlist spots, so I’m not sure what to expect with their response!
They told me the same thing. Do you know what number they were?

Today I learned that out of state tuition has been reduced for the class of 2024. In the out of state acceptance letter:

"The College is pleased to offer a tuition reduction of more than $9,000 for out-of-state students belonging to the Class of 2024. Tuition has been reduced from approximately $56,000 to approximately $47,000 for years 1 and 2. Clinical years 3 and 4 will experience a similar percentage reduction."

FYI in case any OOS waitlisters were unaware. Very big deal if you ask me!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Officially removed myself from the waitlist today :)

Today I learned that out of state tuition has been reduced for the class of 2024. In the out of state acceptance letter:

"The College is pleased to offer a tuition reduction of more than $9,000 for out-of-state students belonging to the Class of 2024. Tuition has been reduced from approximately $56,000 to approximately $47,000 for years 1 and 2. Clinical years 3 and 4 will experience a similar percentage reduction."

They included this in the waitlist email as well! I was happy to hear it (and it makes me even more anxious for the waitlist to start moving)!

There has been a bit of a riot on the 2022 Facebook page for OOS students...

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Hello incoming MSU Class of 2024! I’m starting an anatomic pathology residency at MSU in July and will potentially have some items for sale, including an entire living room set and dining table. While those items are currently up in the air on availability, I already have some items to sell in a google sheet. If you’re interested, send me a PM and I can send you the link. I’d rather not post it publicly. Some items on the list include a Littmann Classic III stethoscope, kitchen items, and scrubs, just to name a few!

There has been a bit of a riot on the 2022 Facebook page for OOS students...

Yeah...Class of 2023 will probably be freaking out soon about it too. I mean I’m happy for incoming students, but honestly this should be put in place for all of us this coming semester with everything that’s gone on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I received confirmation of receipt of my intent to enroll form, deposit, and veterinary medicine graduate application this afternoon, in case anyone was worried about not receiving updates.

Hey everyone! Wondering if someone could help ease the massive amounts of anxiety and send some positive words of wisdom.. LOL I am sure we are all in the same boat.

As of 3/18, I was ranked #22 on the OOS wait-list. Michigan State is my top choice and I have been obsessing over the FB forum and on here to see if anyone has heard any updates and reviewing trends from years past. It's literately consuming my life, lol.... Not sure what I am necessarily asking for but, does anyone have any positive stories to share about getting accepted off the OOS wait-list or how you are coping during this hurry up and wait period?!?!

This is also my first post, so hopefully I did it correct... super technologically challenge.

Hey everyone! Wondering if someone could help ease the massive amounts of anxiety and send some positive words of wisdom.. LOL I am sure we are all in the same boat.

As of 3/18, I was ranked #22 on the OOS wait-list. Michigan State is my top choice and I have been obsessing over the FB forum and on here to see if anyone has heard any updates and reviewing trends from years past. It's literately consuming my life, lol.... Not sure what I am necessarily asking for but, does anyone have any positive stories to share about getting accepted off the OOS wait-list or how you are coping during this hurry up and wait period?!?!

This is also my first post, so hopefully I did it correct... super technologically challenge.

Before decisions came out, I stalked the MSU c/o 2023 and 2022 SDN forum threads like a crazy person to get an idea as to how much movement the waitlists got over the past couple of years. The gist I got was that up to 60-80 were pulled off in recent years. So, I told myself that if I get waitlisted within the top 30-40, there's a pretty good shot of getting pulled off if I didn't get in initially. I would say that your chances of getting pulled off is really good, but I understand how agonizing the waiting is with the uncertainty. The deadline to commit to the school is in two weeks so I'd say starting after, you'll see your rank position moving up. I know of a few OOS people who are declining and I barely know anyone, so that's a start. You can do this! I hope I'll see you in August :)

I’m waitlisted at #43 as of 3/18. Has anyone heard any updates?

I was accepted to Long Island’s new school and Prince Edward Island but Michigan State is my #1 choice.

I don’t know what to do about waiting until the deadline (I don’t even know what I’d pick between LIU and PEI). I want to go to Michigan but I definitely don’t want to lose my chance at going anywhere.

I was accepted to Long Island’s new school and Prince Edward Island but Michigan State is my #1 choice.

I don’t know what to do about waiting until the deadline (I don’t even know what I’d pick between LIU and PEI). I want to go to Michigan but I definitely don’t want to lose my chance at going anywhere.
I just sent them an email this morning, haven’t received a reply yet!

Pretty sure you pay the deposit at Long Island for your seat and then just forfeit it if you get into MSU.

I sent them an email yesterday and still haven't heard back either

I just got an update from them. I got pulled off the waitlist!!!! I’m so happy!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I was #22 and officially pulled off waitlist at 3pm!!!! OOS acceptance. They are definitely moving on up!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I am SO amazed at the amount of movement each week. Hoping for the best for the rest of us! It's going by so quickly!!!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! I didn’t think I was gunna hear that today!! I was #14 :soexcited:

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Congrats to you guys!!! Did you get emails or a phone call?? Im #26 so waiting anxiously at work lol

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! I didn’t think I was gunna hear that today!! I was #14 :soexcited:

Congratulations!!

Congrats to everyone who got pulled off! Join the Facebook group!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Last edited:
This is a dumb question but as for transcripts: do we only have to send our "in-progress" courses that are now completed? I just ordered for my college to send a transcript to them but I also did some college in high school classes a few years ago and sent those transcripts to VMCAS. Do I have to send that transcript again too?

This is a dumb question but as for transcripts: do we only have to send our "in-progress" courses that are now completed? I just ordered for my college to send a transcript to them but I also did some college in high school classes a few years ago and sent those transcripts to VMCAS. Do I have to send that transcript again too?

Probably just the ones that were in progress but ask to make sure.