Michigan State University c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping you guys hear real soon too. I need roommate(s)! XD

ETA: I have a pitbull who is not good with large dogs and a FIV+ cat. So we have a lot of requirements :oops: (i.e. no other cats unless also FIV+ positive, and no dogs greater than 40 pounds sadly)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I also had a heart attack but appreciated the quick update! Prayers going up for all of us

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping you guys hear real soon too. I need roommate(s)! XD

ETA: I have a pitbull who is not good with large dogs and a FIV+ cat. So we have a lot of requirements :oops: (i.e. no other cats unless also FIV+ positive, and no dogs greater than 40 pounds sadly)
Our cats will just have to be twins from afar!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Our cats will just have to be twins from afar!

My avatar is actually my late kitty, Sami. She's been gone a few years. This is Pizza, my aids kitty:

IMG_20200227_011138.jpgMVIMG_20200227_011427.jpg

• Love
Did Michigan mention to any IS people when they would be releasing financial information?

Did Michigan mention to any IS people when they would be releasing financial information?

No. They haven't even acknowledged intent to enroll forms, nor sent out hard copies of acceptance letters (the latter of which were promised 10 days after receipt of acceptance email).

• Wow
Shocked and offended that I didn’t receive an email today. :lol:jk...but seriously

• Haha
good luck everyone. I also just got the updated email!! def a tease lol... paws crossed!!

Tomorrow...??!!

Lol I remember on the MMI debrief session they said they will try to send out decisions first week of March but if they can’t then they will send an email letting us know otherwise. So because we got the email Monday probably means we will find out next week. Good luck to us all!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Lol I remember on the MMI debrief session they said they will try to send out decisions first week of March but if they can’t then they will send an email letting us know otherwise. So because we got the email Monday probably means we will find out next week. Good luck to us all!

Not sure if the office will be open, but next week is our spring break

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope they let us know tomorrow, I don’t want to wait another week. I’m anxious to find out!

Reactions: 3 users
Alright, today has got to be the day if next week is spring break!

Really hoping thats the case but honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we do end up waiting another week :( this is just painful!

• Sad

It's spring break for the students, but the faculty/staff/employees still have to work! So maybe it might be next week

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
It's spring break for the students, but the faculty/staff/employees still have to work! So maybe it might be next week
An update would be nice :oops:

Finally got the email about the post interview feedback survey.
Thought it was a decision letter at first and nearly fell off my chair at work :hungover:

Thought it was a decision letter at first and nearly fell off my chair at work :hungover:

Me too haha I hope you get in!!

• Love
Same! Second heart attack of the week:laugh:

• Haha
Fingers crossed!! Hope you get in too :)

I am going to decline it 100% even if I get in solely because of the cost.
But another acceptance won't be bad!

I am going to decline it 100% even if I get in solely because of the cost.
But another acceptance won't be bad!
True! Congrats on your in state :)

I didn’t get anything :eek:

• Sad
Does anyone know for sure that staff are working this week given that its spring break? I feel like I don’t want to spend the rest of the week obsessively checking my email if theres no possibility at all to hear this week lol

• Haha
Does anyone know for sure that staff are working this week given that its spring break? I feel like I don’t want to spend the rest of the week obsessively checking my email if theres no possibility at all to hear this week lol

Here is what I found: https://reg.msu.edu/Read/AcadPrograms/2018-19/01cald1920.pdf
The academic calendar says that apparently spring break was last week? I don't know if the spring break schedule is different for specific colleges, but I also found the law school one and their spring break was also last week.
I know that staff/employees/faculty do not get spring break off because I also work at a university (not specifically MSU), and we do not get spring break off. Only the students do.

And here is the HR employee holiday schedule. No spring break off.

Here is what I found: https://reg.msu.edu/Read/AcadPrograms/2018-19/01cald1920.pdf
The academic calendar says that apparently spring break was last week? I don't know if the spring break schedule is different for specific colleges, but I also found the law school one and their spring break was also last week.
I know that staff/employees/faculty do not get spring break off because I also work at a university (not specifically MSU), and we do not get spring break off. Only the students do.
From a current first year: our spring break is this week. The university spring break (undergrads) was last week. Rest assured, admissions is still up and running :) the only ones with the week off are first and second year vet students.

Reactions: 5 users
From a current first year: our spring break is this week. The university spring break (undergrads) was last week. Rest assured, admissions is still up and running :) the only ones with the week off are first and second year vet students.
Thanks for the info! :) Stay safe and enjoy your spring break!

Thanks for the info! :) Stay safe and enjoy your spring break!
Aw thank you!! If any of you have any questions feel free to ask me here or message me. I know this is a super exciting but stressful time, and you out of state students really get the worst of it with these long waits. I’m sending positive vibes your way!!

Also, for when you guys hear the excellent news and if you want to live with a second year, I have a room open in a townhouse *wink wink*

Two questions:

1. What laptop does the class of 2023 use?
2. Any current students in here live at College Towne Apartments and can speak to their quality and your experience there?

Two questions:

1. What laptop does the class of 2023 use?
2. Any current students in here live at College Towne Apartments and can speak to their quality and your experience there?
Most of our class uses MacBook or SurfacePro laptops. It’s largely up to personal preference. I think we probably have every brand of laptop between all of my classmates and we all do just fine.

I’ve never lived in/heard anything about College Towne, sorry!

Guysss I'm getting so impatient and we still haven't gotten anything and it's Tuesday of the week after we were supposed to know. I'm really hoping we get something tomorrow.
I'm assuming no one has called to find out why it's taking longer than they promised?

Guysss I'm getting so impatient and we still haven't gotten anything and it's Tuesday of the week after we were supposed to know. I'm really hoping we get something tomorrow.
I'm assuming no one has called to find out why it's taking longer than they promised?
I’m too awkward to call but would support anyone doing so :angelic:

• Haha
They were also a week delayed for the in-staters decisions and it seems like historically they give out decisions on Wednesdays, so I am hoping we will find out tomorrow :)

Fingers crossed! The waiting is so tough, but I super appreciate how communicative the college has been about the potential delays.

I just want to take a moment and say that its been such a blessing hearing from my fellow out of state students here! Its hard for family and friends to understand how painful this whole application process is and I come off super impatient (which I proudly admit I am :)). But its nice to know that others are sharing the same sentiment here! Hoping we hear back real soon!

Reactions: 6 users
I just want to take a moment and say that its been such a blessing hearing from my fellow out of state students here! Its hard for family and friends to understand how painful this whole application process is and I come off super impatient (which I proudly admit I am :)). But its nice to know that others are sharing the same sentiment here! Hoping we hear back real soon!
Everyone seems to think that I’ve been rejected because I haven’t heard back yet...I’m thankful to have people who understand here!! And the few prevet and DVM friends in my life who get it.

I am in the same boat as all of you. I just want to know! But I am at least grateful that the school takes the process seriously enough to not rush it.

It’ll seem like nothing in a few years when we’re post-vet school!

So I heard that MSU is switching all their classes to online instruction until sometime in April I believe. They are probably pretty caught up with all this...

So I heard that MSU is switching all their classes to online instruction until sometime in April I believe. They are probably pretty caught up with all this...
I was thinking the same thing

Was coming her to say this. Unfortunately I think you all will likely take a back seat to figuring out how to change all of our classes to online and what to do about labs, quizzes, exams, anatomy, etc

• Sad
I emailed a couple days ago just to see where they are in the process...no reply :oops:

I emailed a couple days ago just to see where they are in the process...no reply :oops:

I am just assuming we will be finding out end of March possibly early April just because they are dealing with the corona virus and making there courses remote so they probably put us on hold.

• Sad
Considering the current pandemonium I imagine administration is facing (my university has also been scrambling), definitely makes sense for them to focus their attention and resources on their current students and ensuring a smooth transition to online classrooms. The waiting is tough for us, of course! But if anything, it only makes me appreciate admin even more that they care and devote so much time and energy into their students. Strong admin/faculty supportive is something I highly value and it looks like MSU is shining in that regard!

Considering the current pandemonium I imagine administration is facing (my university has also been scrambling), definitely makes sense for them to focus their attention and resources on their current students and ensuring a smooth transition to online classrooms. The waiting is tough for us, of course! But if anything, it only makes me appreciate admin even more that they care and devote so much time and energy into their students. Strong admin/faculty supportive is something I highly value and it looks like MSU is shining in that regard!
I completely agree. I just hope they at least send us an email to update us about the delays