Michigan State c/o 2022 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
your post alert made me think for sure it would be an "i got an interview" post. so fricking anxious. Is this how the next week will be??
Yes, yes it will be.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Who else got the email from MSU today regarding timeline? I saw the sender and it sent my anxiety through the roof. Thanks for the tease MSU!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who else got the email from MSU today regarding timeline? I saw the sender and it sent my anxiety through the roof. Thanks for the tease MSU!
Same thing happened to me. Only the words Interview Notification registered so I freaked. Then I read it. :/

Last edited:
They sure know how to get your blood pumping with such diction! haha

Similar to everyone else, my heart fell out when I saw that email. Hang in there.. we're close! Quick question...Does Michigan State wait till the end of interview dates to notify those who interviewed of their status? Ugh MSU is my number one school!

Similar to everyone else, my heart fell out when I saw that email. Hang in there.. we're close! Quick question...Does Michigan State wait till the end of interview dates to notify those who interviewed of their status? Ugh MSU is my number one school!

Are you asking whether they wait until the end of interviews to tell you whether you were accepted? It depends.

How it has worked for at least the past couple years is that they will notify some people of their acceptance pretty soon after the interview date. If you don't hear anything back right away, it doesn't mean you won't be accepted. But everyone else will wait to hear back until they've finished interview IS/OOS applicants (depending on which you are). The latest dates have typically been just OOS applicants, so the IS applicants can expect to hear back sooner.

Just keep in mind that all of this assumes they haven't changed their process. They will probably clarify when you should expect to hear back on the interview dates.

Similar question on notifications... if we don’t get invited to interview, do they send a “regrets” email?

Similar question on notifications... if we don’t get invited to interview, do they send a “regrets” email?

I wouldnt know what exactly they send or when they send it but they do send something if you're not being invited to interview. It won't just be silence. So basically if you haven't heard anything, it's not over yet.

Reactions: 1 user
if you're completely out of the running from the get-go after they look at your app, they'll send you an email before invites go out saying you're no longer being considered for an interview

Members don't see this ad :)
No news is good news.... while we wait, dumb question: Do Interview invites come at any time of the day or on weekends? Or are they only sent during business hours?
(Asking for a friend whose name is Email as they’d like to take the weekend off from retrieving duties)

No news is good news.... while we wait, dumb question: Do Interview invites come at any time of the day or on weekends? Or are they only sent during business hours?
(Asking for a friend whose name is Email as they’d like to take the weekend off from retrieving duties)
Lol. Was wondering if it was realistic to think it might come before Monday :)

We also had a scholarship portal thing that was supposed to open this week that totally failed. That probably threw a wrench in the plans to send out anything because there's alot of us angry, poor students banging on their doors.

Reactions: 2 users
We also had a scholarship portal thing that was supposed to open this week that totally failed. That probably threw a wrench in the plans to send out anything because there's alot of us angry, poor students banging on their doors.
Teep stop going to people's houses and banging on the door, requesting to be let in

??? Please explain this portal?
Ski got it right. They're attempting to make applying for scholarships easier. I'm not sure if it's school wide or just the CVM using it though. It should be fixed by the time the next class matriculates :/

Got an interview invite for Early-Mid December! IS! Good luck all

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
I just got an invitation to interview too!!! So excited. Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Just received an email from MSU college of vet med, but it was the admissions newsletter! Ugh my heart dropped. Congrats to any IS folks that received an interview!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an email from MSU college of vet med, but it was the admissions newsletter! Ugh my heart dropped. Congrats to any IS folks that received an interview!!
Haha right?! Same here!

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

It go to me too

Same here. This wait is killing me :bang:

Just checked my email and received an interview invitation for early December! :cat:

Just got an interview invite, OOS

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Hey folks, so the admissions people wanted me to let y'all know that the first wave of OOS interview invites are out. They will be releasing them in waves, so don't panic if you didn't get one today!

My personal story:
I got a call to fill in for an interview slot on December, before I'd ever got any notification from the school (I was applying from OOS). I couldn't make that back because of a conflict with another schools interview. They told me to not worry my normal invite would be coming eventually. I think I got an email in January for either a late January or early February interview, and got my acceptance in March.

Same here! OOS invite to MSU