Michigan State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you want a smart watch for other purposes as well, then go for it! But I know classmates who got a cheap Walmart watch with clock hands since you really only need a second hand! ^^
My reasoning for the Apple Watch was just compatiblity with everything else I’d have (phone, Mac, iPad)

Members don't see this ad.

My reasoning for the Apple Watch was just compatiblity with everything else I’d have (phone, Mac, iPad)
I definitely have classmates whose Apple watch face broke because of an animal or stall/cage. One person's broke less than a month after she had gotten the glass repaired. I recommend something that you could disinfect. I got a Speidel nurses watch with a silicone band that cleans amazingly

Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students provide some insight on what the virtual or remote learning situation is looking like? Did COVID cause lectures to be recorded? I'll have a little bit of a commute and I wanted to get the most out of it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students provide some insight on what the virtual or remote learning situation is looking like? Did COVID cause lectures to be recorded? I'll have a little bit of a commute and I wanted to get the most out of it. Thanks!

Lectures are always recorded regardless of COVID (barring technical difficulties). We are fully in person at this time but that can and has changed in the past.

As stated above, we’re currently fully in person. Back in January, when everyone came back from winter break, we spent about a month and a half being half-virtual/half-in person. All lectures we virtual with labs in person. I’m a bit of a commuter as well. While it was nice only needing to roll over in bed for 8am lectures versus having to get up at 6:30am for those 8ams, the labs sometimes didn’t feel worth it to commute to, but were of course mandatory.

They’re planning in person I’m sure, but only time will really tell.

As stated above, we’re currently fully in person. Back in January, when everyone came back from winter break, we spent about a month and a half being half-virtual/half-in person. All lectures we virtual with labs in person. I’m a bit of a commuter as well. While it was nice only needing to roll over in bed for 8am lectures versus having to get up at 6:30am for those 8ams, the labs sometimes didn’t feel worth it to commute to, but were of course mandatory.

They’re planning in person I’m sure, but only time will really tell.
Thank you for the response. Speaking of commuting, is there any chance of arranging a class schedule to have any week days off or should I just expect a Monday-Friday routine?

Thank you for the response. Speaking of commuting, is there any chance of arranging a class schedule to have any week days off or should I just expect a Monday-Friday routine?
No, you should expect M-F there are not classes to pick in anyway. Everyone attends the same lecture class at the same time except for possibly being split for labs

Reactions: 1 user
Any current students on here (or those who have already been looking) have recommendations on apartments for studios or 1 bedroom options?

Looking for current students advice… I’m apartment perusing - what do you all recommend, living really close or on the outskirts? What are some of the places you all have lived? Would like to consider all options, will likely be living by myself..

Just declined my OOS seat -- I know it'll go to an awesome applicant, hopefully one of you guys here! : ) good luck everyone, cant wait to be colleagues with you someday!

Reactions: 1 users
Looking for current students advice… I’m apartment perusing - what do you all recommend, living really close or on the outskirts? What are some of the places you all have lived? Would like to consider all options, will likely be living by myself..

Strongly DO NOT recommend any housing from DTN Management.

I live on the outskirts of East Lansing and my place is bikeable to school. Being super close isn't necessary and can be considerably more expensive. Nice places to live outside of EL are eastern Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, and some others if you are interested in living even further out. As long as you are within 30 minutes of school at the time of clinics, you are all good. It's all pretty reasonably priced as well.

Strongly DO NOT recommend any housing from DTN Management.

I live on the outskirts of East Lansing and my place is bikeable to school. Being super close isn't necessary and can be considerably more expensive. Nice places to live outside of EL are eastern Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, and some others if you are interested in living even further out. As long as you are within 30 minutes of school at the time of clinics, you are all good. It's all pretty reasonably priced as well.
Any specific places you highly recommend?

Got an email today saying I moved from 107 to 95 on the OOS waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just declined my OOS waitlist spot! I hope there is a lot of movement for you all!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m declining my #18 OOS waitlist spot!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Has anyone been able to access the cashnet link to pay the deposit? I tried to access it yesterday and there was an error. I tried both the links sent in the old and most recent email

Hi! Has anyone been able to access the cashnet link to pay the deposit? I tried to access it yesterday and there was an error. I tried both the links sent in the old and most recent email
The email link didn’t work for me so I Google admitted students Michigan state vet and it sent me to a website with the same contents of the email but with a working link lol

I declined my IS seat. I know it’ll go to someone well deserving!

Hi! So I committed to michigan!!!! I was wondering if anyone knows if the white coat ceremony will be done the first year or third year when clinics start

Hi! So I committed to michigan!!!! I was wondering if anyone knows if the white coat ceremony will be done the first year or third year when clinics start
It’s done your third year right before clinics start!

Oh really? I know some schools do it the first semester. Too much confusion
Yeah, every school is obviously a little different. MSU does it right before clinics as like a little ‘transition’ celebration from moving on from classroom learning to clinic learning! Each class gets a 5/8s party as wel to celebrate that transition to (the 5/8s representing 5 classroom semesters, 3 clinic semesters or something like that).

Anyone know if they have started pulling from the waitlist yet? (IS or OOS)

Hey! Is anyone having difficulty with the certiphi background check? It keeps saying that I’m not in their system?

Hey! Is anyone having difficulty with the certiphi background check? It keeps saying that I’m not in their system?
I had that issue and when I called they instructed me to use my full zip code. 5 numbers followed by the dash and then 4 numbers. If you don't know the last 4 numbers you can use the usps zip code tool. ZIP Code™ Lookup | USPS

Has anyone gotten any updates on the oos list. I know it’s only Monday but just wanted to see if anyones heard anything?

Has anyone gotten any updates on the oos list. I know it’s only Monday but just wanted to see if anyones heard anything?
No, still waiting. I also emailed them this morning and haven't heard back. Last time they responded with in 3 hours.

I just got pulled from the waitlist and was #21 as of March 16th! So it looks like the list moved quite a bit after April 15th

Reactions: 5 users
No, still waiting. I also emailed them this morning and haven't heard back. Last time they responded with in 3 hours.
Are you accepting your position? If you don’t mind me asking!
I got an email. I’m not sure if I’m accepting yet, I just put my money down last week at SGU so now I have some decisions to make! Lol

I got an email. I’m not sure if I’m accepting yet, I just put my money down last week at SGU so now I have some decisions to make! Lol
Understood! Congratulations and good luck regardless of where you are going!! ☺️

Update got an email and they moved about 100 spots so hope is not lost for those of us on the waitlist! No getting my hopes up but also not counting it out yet!

Hey ya’ll! I moved up to 41 on the waitlist, was initially 107!

Awkwardly sitting at 1 on the waitlist and don’t know if I should be thankful or even more stressed 😅

• Care
  • Haha
Awkwardly sitting at 1 on the waitlist and don’t know if I should be thankful or even more stressed

Congrats!! That’s so exciting. I’ve moved up to 5th & I’m feeling the same way???

Does anyone have an idea on how the in state waitlist is moving?

Got an email that I’ve moved from #27 OOS to #4. The wait until May 16 is going to be so hard. A little disappointed it didn’t move much for people towards the front of the waitlist, but best of luck to everyone also still waiting! Congrats if you’ve gotten off the list!