Med School Student Elizabeth Raine 'Auctioning' Her Virginity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
steeve.jpg

Hope I'm not too late for the aesthetics, but Steve Reeves was as close to perfect as you can get

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This thread has gone downhill.

Reactions: 4 users
View attachment 179879

Hope I'm not too late for the aesthetics, but I think Steve Reeves was as close to perfect as you can get

Idk man. That's a lot of high and low mass torquing the crap out of a small waste. I'd bet a cup of coffee he had back problems. That's the problem with body builders. All they think about is a perverse aesthetic--to a homo-erotic and unhealthy extent.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I weighed 210 lbs (I weigh 230 now, with significantly more fat). I went to parallel on all my squats and to the sternum on all my benches. My friend and mentor at the time (before I went to medical school) was a competitive powerlifter, and he wouldn't have let me cheat anyways.

That's good to hear, actually. I assumed you were a small guy based on your posts. Those numbers make a lot more sense at your weight, and they're solid, IMO. You should get back into lifting if your back allows it. I get really happy when I see people lifting with good form, so good on ya.

Reactions: 1 user
Well think about it from my perspective. 18-year-old me is a kid who has always been a loner and an outcast, who never went to a party or a date or whatever. Then I watch Jersey Shore, and I see these buff, good-looking dudes drinking hard, having a great time, "getting it in," and in the words of Pauly D, "making the ladies *** in their pants." And I think how wonderful it would be to live that kind of life.

So I guess, why would I go to the gym anymore? Jersey Shore had been my motivation to work out, and now the show is gone, both from MTV and from my life. I need to find another source of motivation should I wish to start exercising again.
I have not seen even one episode or clip of Jersey Shore, so I really actually meant "what are you talking about?". Situation is the name of a person that you now consider jejune?

I also keep hearing about some show whose name escapes me, something with a little fat girl beauty queen.

How much did you weigh when you put up those numbers? I'm not sure I believe you if you only consider yourself an average gym goer and consider those numbers "not very good." I've seen kids claim they can bench three plates while doing half-a**ed reps, putting 405 on the bar and doing an eighth of a squat (while yelling and grabbing everyone's attention), etc. You don't have to have powerlifting form, but it can get pretty obnoxious in an undergrad gym. I find it mildly infuriating when I see people claim certain numbers but have no idea how to do a full rep.

The numbers seem fine to me. At my undergrad, the "average gym goer" was a pretty big guy. If he weighed 200 lbs, really impressive lifts would be like, 300+ bench, 400+ squat, 500+ deads. His lifts are pretty in line with regular but not intense gym use over a couple years or more.

The numbers seem fine to me. At my undergrad, the "average gym goer" was a pretty big guy. If he weighed 200 lbs, really impressive lifts would be like, 300+ bench, 400+ squat, 500+ deads. His lifts are pretty in line with regular but not intense gym use over a couple years or more.

Right, but I was imagining @Arkangeloid to be around 150-170 lbs. and putting up those numbers, which would put him pretty high up there--not collegiate/elite level but definitely good according to this. Him actually being 210 lbs. is more realistic for an average gym goer. For my weight (lighter than Ark), I'm somewhere in advanced for bench/squat/deads and near elite for press, but I guess this is the internet so anyone can claim anything.

Well think about it from my perspective. 18-year-old me is a kid who has always been a loner and an outcast, who never went to a party or a date or whatever. Then I watch Jersey Shore, and I see these buff, good-looking dudes drinking hard, having a great time, "getting it in," and in the words of Pauly D, "making the ladies *** in their pants." And I think how wonderful it would be to live that kind of life.

That's actually the reason I started regularly going to the gym. Because the Jersey Shore dudes inspired me, and I thought that maybe if I looked better, I could have that kind of life too. And to my astonishment, I kept at it. In undergrad I regularly exercised and worked out, and got to the point where my totals were 250 bench/340 squat/385 DL (not very good of course, but to a kid who had spent his life being a couch potato, it meant the world).

That was when I injured my back while squatting (oops, DLing), and I had to go through a year worth of physical therapy before I was healed. After that, I kind of lost my motivation to do anything gym-related (and can't really squat or DL anymore), and slowly lost muscle. Med school only made me lazier in terms of going to the gym.

By this time I had turned 21, and had actually been to some nightclubs, so I knew what happened in those places. And it didn't quite live up to the hype. At least not for me.

So I guess, why would I go to the gym anymore? Jersey Shore had been my motivation to work out, and now the show is gone, both from MTV and from my life. I need to find another source of motivation should I wish to start exercising again.
I found this picture, and it made me think of you.
i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing1.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Totally thought she was talking about Snooki. Was confused why she was referred to as a beauty queen.
Ah but Snooki has slimmed down and is no longer fat. Honey Boo Boo gets fatter every time I see her. I remember when the pregnant older sister was the slimmest one on the whole show.

Members don't see this ad :)
And this was the point where I became more and more convinced (and/or hopeful) that you're an exceptionally clever troll.

If a troll is called out and explicitly denies it, he can no longer be considered clever.

Well look. The dude in the green shorts is a beautiful man. I'm not hatin. But the question posed by the dame anastomoses was what is our understanding of balanced male physique? Personally I would rather be supremely functional and happen to look pretty good than look really good and be semi-functional and in fact impaired both in health and ability by excess non-functional muscle mass.

I don't see functional strength as separate from physique. It just looks different than a useless model of physique.

Some athletes, notably in gymnastics, have a very buff physique (more so than the guy in green) and do not necessarily trade muscular mass for efficiency; body composition is so important that every gram of muscle must be used.

e.g.
yuri-van-gelder.jpg
or
jake-dalton.jpg

That's actually the reason I started regularly going to the gym. Because the Jersey Shore dudes inspired me, and I thought that maybe if I looked better, I could have that kind of life too. And to my astonishment, I kept at it. In undergrad I regularly exercised and worked out, and got to the point where my totals were 250 bench/340 squat/385 DL (not very good of course, but to a kid who had spent his life being a couch potato, it meant the world).

That was when I injured my back while squatting (oops, DLing), and I had to go through a year worth of physical therapy before I was healed. After that, I kind of lost my motivation to do anything gym-related (and can't really squat or DL anymore), and slowly lost muscle. Med school only made me lazier in terms of going to the gym.

By this time I had turned 21, and had actually been to some nightclubs, so I knew what happened in those places. And it didn't quite live up to the hype. At least not for me.

You've over played your hand.
Get a new S/N and start over, but smaller and take longer this time.
Good stuff, though.

Reactions: 1 users
Ah but Snooki has slimmed down and is no longer fat. Honey Boo Boo gets fatter every time I see her. I remember when the pregnant older sister was the slimmest one on the whole show.

I guess somebody had to pick up the Trim Spa torch after Anna Nicole Smith.

Never seen Honey Boo Boo, and I'm just fine with that.

Right, but I was imagining @Arkangeloid to be around 150-170 lbs. and putting up those numbers, which would put him pretty high up there--not collegiate/elite level but definitely good according to this. Him actually being 210 lbs. is more realistic for an average gym goer. For my weight (lighter than Ark), I'm somewhere in advanced for bench/squat/deads and near elite for press, but I guess this is the internet so anyone can claim anything.

Then I'll bring the convo back to no estat territory :p My bench is a little above intermediate. I'm just restarting front squats after a back injury a couple years back and am at a solid more or less "untrained" despite doing pistols, leg press, etc. No deads ever again, maybe rack pulls down the line if I'm feeling brave. But I've gained a lean 30 pounds over the past 8 months, so poverty lifts aside, still happy :D

Edit: tangent. and lol @ cr7 not having a body that would be amenable to MMA. Ronaldo is stacked as chit

ronaldo20091207ripped_412x232.jpg

Some athletes, notably in gymnastics, have a very buff physique (more so than the guy in green) and do not necessarily trade muscular mass for efficiency; body composition is so important that every gram of muscle must be used.

e.g.
yuri-van-gelder.jpg
or
jake-dalton.jpg

Yeah gymnastics is amazing for producing power athletes. I hear you. But I wonder if training for particular events makes their power highly specialized. I've also hear it's pretty rough on the shoulders and can cause chronic problems.

Please no more honey boo boo. I am disgust

Then I'll bring the convo back to no estat territory :p My bench is a little above intermediate. I'm just restarting front squats after a back injury a couple years back and am at a solid more or less "untrained" despite doing pistols, leg press, etc. No deads ever again, maybe rack pulls down the line if I'm feeling brave. But I've gained a lean 30 pounds over the past 8 months, so poverty lifts aside, still happy :D

Nice man! Glad you came back from it. I'm thinking of starting a lifting routine but have always been wary after multiple and extensive back surgeries. I used to lift goofball style once upon a time. I would love to build solid protective mass but am sort of skiddish with lifting now.

What do you guys think about kettle bell training?

Nice man! Glad you came back from it. I'm thinking of starting a lifting routine but have always been wary after multiple and extensive back surgeries. I used to lift goofball style once upon a time. I would love to build solid protective mass but am sort of skiddish with lifting now.

Thanks! You're in a different place than I was (never got surgery and just kind of lived through it due to being busy with just starting MS1), but I just took it really slow and cautiously (e.g. no deads or squats). Tried to build up a core again over time. Back has been feeling a lot better with some erector strength and at least existent glutes. Really need to work on ham mobility though. Hoping I can keep it up third year - it really feels sooooo much better to have it. Definitely encourage going for it with a doctor's blessing

Edit: Can't comment on kettlebells. Have messed around with them a little here and there over the years, but never anything serious

Kettle bell training doesn't really fit in with the strength or the aesthetics crowd. Personally, I think it's awesome if you do it correctly, as it can work a lot of muscle groups traditional training neglects.

You have back problems too? My spine is currently the bane of my existence.

Mainly used for crossfit. It's such a craze these days and I can't stand it. It's like fake powerlifting and endurance training combined.

I found this picture, and it made me think of you.
i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing1.jpg

FYI this stillframe is from series 1 of The Inbetweeners. It's on Netflix...

..still watching too much TV before med school.

If a troll is called out and explicitly denies it, he can no longer be considered clever.

You've over played your hand.
Get a new S/N and start over, but smaller and take longer this time.
Good stuff, though.

Apparently my life is so deranged that multiple people think I'm trolling when I've told nothing but the truth. Man, I feel just great about this.

I know what you mean. I hurt my back while going too heavy on deads 1.5 years ago and am barely starting to rep two plates again. Playing it safe for now, but I've been doing light power/squat cleans and they're wonderful. I haven't leg pressed in years since I discovered squats, even with the back injury.

Lean 30 lbs./8 months = 3.75 lbs per month = almost 1 lb. per week = +465 calories above maintenance per day. That's a lot of food for a lean 30-pound gain. I would argue that it's impossible (naturally) to gain that much weight without putting on a significant amount of fat in that amount of time.

Idk man. That's a lot of high and low mass torquing the crap out of a small waste. I'd bet a cup of coffee he had back problems. That's the problem with body builders. All they think about is a perverse aesthetic--to a homo-erotic and unhealthy extent.

Eh. To be honest @Nasrudin , I don't think you have any idea what you're talking when it comes to bodybuilding or powerlifting. "Functional muscle" is a term perpetuated by people (mainly "crossfitters") who try to make themselves feel better because instead of being strong at certain lifts, they strive to be average (at best) with all the "functional" crap they push onto the general public who don't know any better. I guarantee you there's no such thing as "non-functional muscle." Even bodybuilders put up insane numbers, and quite a few of them are "functional" in terms of mobility and flexibility, if not the vast majority of them, especially at the pro level. Phil Heath was a former division I college basketball player, and Steve Cook was an All-State running back and played at the college level. Many more examples. This whole "functional muscle" crap is pretty annoying and is pretty much only used by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Apparently my life is so deranged that multiple people think I'm trolling when I've told nothing but the truth. Man, I feel just great about this.

Not calling you a troll. I've come to accept that you're not. You're a little deluded and a little too open while sharing, but you're not a troll.

I know what you mean. I hurt my back while going too heavy on deads 1.5 years ago and am barely starting to rep two plates again. Playing it safe for now, but I've been doing light power/squat cleans and they're wonderful. I haven't leg pressed in years since I discovered squats, even with the back injury.

Lean 30 lbs./8 months = 3.75 lbs per month = almost 1 lb. per week = +465 calories above maintenance per day. That's a lot of food for a lean 30-pound gain. I would argue that it's impossible (naturally) to gain that much weight without putting on a significant amount of fat in that amount of time.

Eh. To be honest @Nasrudin , I don't think you have any idea what you're talking when it comes to bodybuilding or powerlifting. "Functional muscle" is a term perpetuated by people (mainly "crossfitters") who try to make themselves feel better because instead of being strong at certain lifts, they strive to be average (at best) with all the "functional" crap they push onto the general public who don't know any better. I guarantee you there's no such thing as "non-functional muscle." Even bodybuilders put up insane numbers, and quite a few of them are "functional" in terms of mobility and flexibility, if not the vast majority of them, especially at the pro level. Phil Heath was a former division I college basketball player, and Steve Cook was an All-State running back and played at the college level. Many more examples. This whole "functional muscle" crap is pretty annoying and is pretty much only used by people who don't know what they're talking about.

My old steady state was a little under 140 when I was boxing in undergrad. Dropped to an atrophic 135 over the first two years of med school after hurting back and poorly balancing studies / diet. In a public health gap year now, been on a 4 or 5 day split (switched part way through) for the 8 months (from August following step to current) eating between 4 and 5k cal a day (3/4 gallon milk / day, meal replacement shake for breakfast, whatever I want for lunch / dinner / snack, dirty bulk), up to 165.. Body fat did up a little, but not much, from ~10 to ~12. I've never really had significant fat on me regardless of my lifestyle, fighting shape, lifting shape, or couch potato shape.

Edit: and definitely not cycling, lol

Last edited:

Ok well. I leave you to your passions for these men.

But thanks to you other guys.

My old steady state was a little under 140 when I was boxing in undergrad. Dropped to an atrophic 135 over the first two years of med school after hurting back and poorly balancing studies / diet. In a public health gap year now, been on a 4 or 5 day split (switched part way through) for the 8 months (from August following step to current) eating between 4 and 5k cal a day (3/4 gallon milk / day, meal replacement shake for breakfast, whatever I want for lunch / dinner / snack, dirty bulk), up to 165.. Body fat did up a little, but not much, from ~10 to ~12. I've never really had significant fat on me regardless of my lifestyle, fighting shape, lifting shape, or couch potato shape.

What I've found is that people grossly under-/overestimate their body fat percentage, and there's really no way to accurately tell unless you've had hydrostatic weighing or ADP. You're eating a ton, dude. I bulk at 500 above maintenance calories (too much IMO), and my weight fluctuates about 30-40 lbs. every 6 months. I gain a moderate amount of muscle but a ton of fat, so much so that I had to stop bulking early this year because none of my pants fit. I know that everybody is different, but if you're eating 4-5kcals a day and only gaining 1-2% BF, you're either genetically gifted or gaining more fat than you realize. It's impossible to tell from the mirror.

Ok well. I leave you to your passions for these men.

But thanks to you other guys.

I may be a jerk, but it doesn't make your preconceived notions about weightlifting any less wrong. You don't even lift and you're making snarky comments about people who do it for a living. I would encourage you to re-learn what you think you already know. I find it funny that obesity is one of the most modifiable risk factors for disease, but medical schools don't really teach us anything about proper nutrition, dieting, or exercise. We can't teach what we don't know ourselves, but I guess we do anyway. "It's simple. You just have to eat less and exercise more. See you in a year."

What I've found is that people grossly under-/overestimate their body fat percentage, and there's really no way to accurately tell unless you've had hydrostatic weighing or ADP. You're eating a ton, dude. I bulk at 500 above maintenance calories (too much IMO), and my weight fluctuates about 30-40 lbs. every 6 months. I gain a moderate amount of muscle but a ton of fat, so much so that I had to stop bulking early this year because none of my pants fit. I know that everybody is different, but if you're eating 4-5kcals a day and only gaining 1-2% BF, you're either genetically gifted or gaining more fat than you realize. It's impossible to tell from the mirror.

This is fair, and I haven't done the bod pod, but I have pre-post images of myself and calipers; only a slight change in ab definition over that time. Admittedly way less precise, but still meaningful. If much fat has come on, it's been very evenly distributed through my body. Accepting of crediting genetics for that; this is the first time in my life I've been successful with putting on any substantial weight (never previously been above 145 despite similar caloric intake). Also have to keep in mind I'm still pretty much on noob gains right now

Last edited:
I may be a jerk, but it doesn't make your preconceived notions about weightlifting any less wrong. You don't even lift and you're making snarky comments about people who do it for a living. I would encourage you to re-learn what you think you already know. I find it funny that obesity is one of the most modifiable risk factors for disease, but medical schools don't really teach us anything about proper nutrition, dieting, or exercise. We can't teach what we don't know ourselves, but I guess we do anyway. "It's simple. You just have to eat less and exercise more. See you in a year."

You're not a jerk. And I don't take it personally that the training culture that I come from--yoga--is laughable to yours. But it's precisely that I did used to lift in addition to being forced to radically shift how I train that enables me view your culture from an external perspective. My base is core power, flexibility, balance, and strength at maximum stretch. But clearly your culture has pushed the limits of muscular physiology and nutritional science to the extent that I don't think we would know a fraction of what we currently do about these things without the weightlifting performance laboratory.

I think you guys look very impressive. And clearly are extremely powerful. Now that I have a enough core strength to safely build some power I plan to learn some proper weight training technique. So I am open and listening but only to those practioners who fit my common sense, intuitional criteria about health, longevity, and movement. The litany of injuries reported is indicative of the prudence of this alone. Injury stops training.

I look at what an 80 year old yogini can do and see physique. I look at what a dancer can do and see physique. I see swollen, tanned, g-stringed, overly and perversely v-shaped body builder and think it's perfected narcissism.

It's ok that we think each other ridiculous. I'm interested in these debates which is why I posted on the topic.

Reactions: 2 users
1807850.jpg

can I look like that and still have totinos pizza rolls?

Reactions: 2 users
Notice the lack of shaved chest and luscious tan.

I'm white, like really white. Tanning just isn't productive for me and I'm comfortable with that

You're not a jerk. And I don't take it personally that the training culture that I come from--yoga--is laughable to yours. But it's precisely that I did used to lift in addition to being forced to radically shift how I train that enables me view your culture from an external perspective. My base is core power, flexibility, balance, and strength at maximum stretch. But clearly your culture has pushed the limits of muscular physiology and nutritional science to the extent that I don't think we would know a fraction of what we currently do about these things without the weightlifting performance laboratory.

I think you guys look very impressive. And clearly are extremely powerful. Now that I have a enough core strength to safely build some power I plan to learn some proper weight training technique. So I am open and listening but only to those practioners who fit my common sense, intuitional criteria about health, longevity, and movement. The litany of injuries reported is indicative of the prudence of this alone. Injury stops training.

I look at what an 80 year old yogini can do and see physique. I look at what a dancer can do and see physique. I see swollen, tanned, g-stringed, overly and perversely v-shaped body builder and think it's perfected narcissism.

It's ok that we think each other ridiculous. I'm interested in these debates which is why I posted on the topic.
I just started doing yoga. Mainly because my flexibility is shot and I think it will increase my lift numbers. I think it's a great supplement to lifting, and starting from a base of flexibility that yoga training gives you would provide you with nice gains.

I just started doing yoga. Mainly because my flexibility is shot and I think it will increase my lift numbers. I think it's a great supplement to lifting, and starting from a base of flexibility that yoga training gives you would provide you with nice gains.

I know they made all our football and hockey players take yoga to help increase flexibility and prevent injuries

I really enjoyed it.

I know they made all our football and hockey players take yoga to help increase flexibility and prevent injuries

I really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.