Med School Student Elizabeth Raine 'Auctioning' Her Virginity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare Arnold in his prime to someone like Jay Cutler (the bodybuilder) to see what balanced physique looks like compared to someone who's just a hulk.

Members don't see this ad.

Compare Arnold in his prime to someone like Jay Cutler (the bodybuilder) to see what balanced physique looks like compared to someone who's just a hulk.
Ugh…thanks. Those pictures of the orange tinted oily Jay Cutler will give me nightmares.

And to think I was happy thinking you meant the football player who's married to the new Anti-Vax Queen idiot, Kristin Cavallari.

Reactions: 1 users

If we're talking old school bodybuilders and a "balanced physique", look no further than Frank Zane.

Members don't see this ad :)
Broga-595x250.jpeg

This is balanced male physique as demonstrated by function. You can't do versions of side crow unless your core strength is matched by flexibility and balance itself.

I realize the male ideal has shifted towards more flashy muscularity. But fitness, ability, and functional strength is far superior for... Seriously freaky sex.

bruce-lee-bruce-lee-32791998-1200-791.jpg

Or this guy if your looking to deal out death, destruction in a 135 lb whoop ass speed machine.

Last edited:
Seriously though, who on earth has the time and energy to look like that (especially in terms of diet). Let alone do it while medical school ravages your sanity (to say nothing of residency).

Yes this.

I suppose. If you favor frozen, unathletic, look at me as I pose physique.

I think mma fighters most often field what are the most functional options in male physique. And there is no better measure of balance that what both avoids and knocks the f@ck out.

Broga-595x250.jpeg

This is balanced male physique as demonstrated by function. You can't do versions of side crow unless your core strength is matched by flexibility and balance itself.

I realize the male ideal has shifted towards more flashy muscularity. But fitness, ability, and functional strength is far superior for... Seriously freaky sex.

Physique and strength are 2 totally different things. This dude has some upper core strength but he has no physique. Good physique is the picture NT posted of Blake Griffn. I know guys that have the above physique without working out (lucky basturds).

I suppose. If you favor frozen, unathletic, look at me as I pose physique.

The topic of bodybuilders with balanced physiques was brought up. I provided one of the better examples within that universe.

Seriously though, who on earth has the time and energy to look like that (especially in terms of diet). Let alone do it while medical school ravages your sanity (to say nothing of residency).

People that have a drive to look and feel good? I find that just 3-4 times a week, even if it's 45 minutes, to get a good lifting session in will do wonders. I take out all my frustration at the gym and when I come back I have even more energy to hit the books.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's BG? Anyway, yeah...okay. He's a little more muscular than the abercrombie boys in that photo. I concede this guy still qualifies in the catagory of ideal male bodies.

It may be a personal taste issue, but I don't like a very pronounced trapezius at the shoulders.

My tastes are classical - like those Greek statues of naked men.

male-torso-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Well look. The dude in the green shorts is a beautiful man. I'm not hatin. But the question posed by the dame anastomoses was what is our understanding of balanced male physique? Personally I would rather be supremely functional and happen to look pretty good than look really good and be semi-functional and in fact impaired both in health and ability by excess non-functional muscle mass.

I don't see functional strength as separate from physique. It just looks different than a useless model of physique.

Well look. The dude in the green shorts is a beautiful man. I'm not hatin. But the question posed by the dame anastomoses was what is our understanding of balanced male physique? Personally I would rather be supremely functional and happen to look pretty good than look really good and be semi-functional and in fact impaired both in health and ability by excess non-functional muscle mass.

Which is why I choose to be supremely functional and look really good doing it.

Reactions: 1 user

I don't see functional strength as separate from physique. It just looks different than a useless model of physique.

I get your point, but I mean, have you seen this dude play in the NBA? Nonfunctional muscle mass? I lolled

I put up a pro athlete as an example?

Which is why I choose to be supremely functional and look really good doing it.
I think functional can be pretty subjective since we all have different activities were engaged in. I mean, just look at the function Blake Griffin has beasting it up in the NBA. David Beckham beasts (if you can call it that) it up on the soccer field. I think we can all agree Griffin has a much better physique than Beckham. I was specific in saying proportional muscles, those finch models and Beckham in this case lack those.

Oh. I was thinking of the Zane reference. The only person I looked up. I don't watch basketball. I thought the dude was a model that you were indicating had balanced upper and lower body strength.

If he demonstrates superior function with it, then we agree.

What's BG? Anyway, yeah...okay. He's a little more muscular than the abercrombie boys in that photo. I concede this guy still qualifies in the catagory of ideal male bodies.

It may be a personal taste issue, but I don't like a very pronounced trapezius at the shoulders.

My tastes are classical - like those Greek statues of naked men.

male-torso-lg.jpg

Blake Griffin.

And you like small penises attached to a torso/hips missing extremities and a head?

Clearly the top professional athletes possess the genetics and natural athleticism to be molded superiorly to any athletic function with enough training. I'm sure Mr. Griffin would make a deadly heavy weight fighter if he had chosen it. Soccer is an interesting question kind of like cycling....idk what those sort of unique abilities could translate into otherwise.

Let's face it, this entire range is pretty damn good in terms of value. We're already talking about a very elite spectrum. Plus or minus a little functionality.

Beckham or this Blake are pretty much already batting at a level that it just doesn't matter anymore. At this point what differentiates their desirability or "balance" is other factors.

Blake Griffin.

And you like small penises attached to a torso/hips missing extremities and a head?

The flaccid size is not an indicator of actual...you know, stuff.

Faces are almost more important than bodies for me, so yeah...he could be quadriplegic but I need the head.

Clearly the top professional athletes possess the genetics and natural athleticism to be molded superiorly to any athletic function with enough training. I'm sure Mr. Griffin would make a deadly heavy weight fighter if he had chosen it. Soccer is an interesting question kind of like cycling....idk what those sort of unique abilities could translate into otherwise.

Crip walking, side stepping, and running away from something.

Here's some functionality.

6425a.jpg

Faces are almost more important than bodies for me, so yeah...he could be quadriplegic but I need the head.
That's a good point as well. I tend to think that A & F models have good facial symmetry/nice hair genetics. I honestly believe that this holds more importance to most people than does a body (man or woman). Take Beckham for example, his body looks like any male you'd find in 4th grade (maybe not by today's fatty standards) but women are all about that. Dat face be making puddles where he visits.

Here's some functionality.

Indeed. Going for a full rear mount, has his back. Looks like a choke is eminent. Greek style butt naked. That's....uhhhh....not entirely gay.

That's a good point as well. I tend to think that A & F models have good facial symmetry/nice hair genetics. I honestly believe that this holds more importance to most people than does a body (man or woman). Take Beckham for example, his body looks like any male you'd find in 4th grade (maybe not by today's fatty standards) but women are all about that. Dat face be making puddles where he visits.
This topic actually fascinates me. Do you really think faces are more important to most people? I'm not so sure. I often feel I'm in the minority in my value of great faces. I'm just throwing this out there for further feedback, but my experience suggests that with both genders, they'll take a fantastic body and average face over an exquisite face and average body. What do you think?

I've often observed the opposite for men when it comes to women. The number of "butta faces" that men swoon over because of their bodies is phenomenal.

I personally enjoy looking at the men in my yoga class (most of them anyway) for their flexibility and long lean muscles but on the whole, they are thinner than I generally appreciate. I even admit to giving Bob, who's got to be about 75, the side eye once due to his flexibility.

Wasn't sure who BG was (or why he has a line of white stuff on his chiseled abdomen - or is that just my screen? LOL), but he does have a nice physique.

This topic actually fascinates me. Do you really think faces are more important to most people? I'm not so sure. I often feel I'm in the minority in my value of great faces. I'm just throwing this out there for further feedback, but my experience suggests that with both genders, they'll take a fantastic body and average face over an exquisite face and average body. What do you think?
I agree with you - I'd much rather a great face than body (one can be fixed without surgery, the other generally cannot) but most of society leans toward the reverse. Perhaps its due to the sexualization of our society and it valuing youth, strength, etc. over great beauty. Or perhaps its because having a rockin' bod is more easily obtainable than being classically beautiful/handsome. There are much more of the former than the latter. Living where I do, with its plethora of plastic surgeons, I definitely see a lot of women with fabulous bodies but their faces are not what I would consider pretty or beautiful.

I agree with you - I'd much rather a great face than body (one can be fixed without surgery, the other generally cannot) but most of society leans toward the reverse. Perhaps its due to the sexualization of our society and it valuing youth, strength, etc. over great beauty. Or perhaps its because having a rockin' bod is more easily obtainable than being classically beautiful/handsome. There are much more of the former than the latter. Living where I do, with its plethora of plastic surgeons, I definitely see a lot of women with fabulous bodies but their faces are not what I would consider pretty or beautiful.
Did you see that S. Korean plastic surgery thread? They are doing fine work in Seoul.

I personally enjoy looking at the men in my yoga class (most of them anyway) for their flexibility and long lean muscles but on the whole, they are thinner than I generally appreciate. I even admit to giving Bob, who's got to be about 75, the side eye once due to his flexibility.

You just reminded me: First time I tried bikram yoga...there was this really old guy directly in front of me who was wearing very loose shorts with nothing under them and...well, it was a sight to behold.

CR7

tumblr_mck65b5Fdp1rv61glo1_500.jpg

Good for MMA in terms of cardio and leg strength. Not much translatable ability for fisticuffs though.

I've often observed the opposite for men when it comes to women. The number of "butta faces" that men swoon over because of their bodies is phenomenal.

Wasn't sure who BG was (or why he has a line of white stuff on his chiseled abdomen - or is that just my screen? LOL), but he does have a nice physique.

Haha I noticed that after I posted it. I think that's sea foam shooting up as a result of the breaking waves? Maybe. Lol.

All of the guys I've ever came across would prefer to have a nicer face. I tend to think guys wouldn't mind a butterface for just sex, but you have to look them in the eye eventually right?

Also keep in mind that having a lower percentage of fat will generally make your face look better as well (especially for guys), so it's not like body and face are mutually exclusive.

Haha I noticed that after I posted it. I think that's sea foam shooting up as a result of the breaking waves? Maybe. Lol.

Sea foam? Is that what you guys are calling it now? Lol.

Also keep in mind that having a lower percentage of fat will generally make your face look better as well (especially for guys), so it's not like body and face are mutually exclusive.

To a certain point and age. I've had to gain some weight as I got older because my face started to look a little too thin.

You just reminded me: First time I tried bikram yoga...there was this really old guy directly in front of me who was wearing very loose shorts with nothing under them and...well, it was a sight to behold.

Ahhh... don't get me started on men who wear white shorts, short shorts or shorts with no underwear in hot yoga. TMI guys!!

All of the guys I've ever came across would prefer to have a nicer face. I tend to think guys wouldn't mind a butterface for just sex, but you have to look them in the eye eventually right?

I think it comes down to personal preference. Some women may be into the feminine-masculine look on men with exotic features and a chiseled jaw line. Or, they may value the body (fit/athletic build) more so than a perfect face. Even when we have standards, it usually comes down to similarities. Example, you usually see the gym rat going after the woman with the nicer/tighter bod with an average face because people tend to go after similarities. You don't typically see an exceptionally overweight male pulling in solid 8-9ers (unless he's $$$$).

Sea foam? Is that what you guys are calling it now? Lol.

To a certain point and age. I've had to gain some weight as I got older because my face started to look a little too thin.
I was going to say it matters more for men than women. Women can get away with some face fat. Also teeth makes a lot of difference as well.

Good teeth are super important

Ahhh... don't get me started on men who wear white shorts, short shorts or shorts with no underwear in hot yoga. TMI guys!!

Get started, don't get started, up to you. It's just kind of wassup. 105 degrees and high humidity means my nuts are trying to escape and I'm not about to wear anything that traps sweat.

With regards to ectomorphic women and yoga I know exactly what you mean, some get kind of wiry if they don't eat enough. You do enough hatha yoga you can flat lose your chi chi's.

Idk about a missing teeth being a deal breaker. This guy is awesome.

41Q73pkvVLL._SX200_.jpg

What are you talking about?

Well think about it from my perspective. 18-year-old me is a kid who has always been a loner and an outcast, who never went to a party or a date or whatever. Then I watch Jersey Shore, and I see these buff, good-looking dudes drinking hard, having a great time, "getting it in," and in the words of Pauly D, "making the ladies *** in their pants." And I think how wonderful it would be to live that kind of life.

That's actually the reason I started regularly going to the gym. Because the Jersey Shore dudes inspired me, and I thought that maybe if I looked better, I could have that kind of life too. And to my astonishment, I kept at it. In undergrad I regularly exercised and worked out, and got to the point where my totals were 250 bench/340 squat/385 DL (not very good of course, but to a kid who had spent his life being a couch potato, it meant the world).

That was when I injured my back while squatting (oops, DLing), and I had to go through a year worth of physical therapy before I was healed. After that, I kind of lost my motivation to do anything gym-related (and can't really squat or DL anymore), and slowly lost muscle. Med school only made me lazier in terms of going to the gym.

By this time I had turned 21, and had actually been to some nightclubs, so I knew what happened in those places. And it didn't quite live up to the hype. At least not for me.

So I guess, why would I go to the gym anymore? Jersey Shore had been my motivation to work out, and now the show is gone, both from MTV and from my life. I need to find another source of motivation should I wish to start exercising again.

Last edited:
Please don't envy jersey shore, that's a sad lifestyle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Get started, don't get started, up to you. It's just kind of wassup. 105 degrees and high humidity means my nuts are trying to escape and I'm not about to wear anything that traps sweat.

Well you and your nuts can stay in the back row then.

Or you could get some of these.

With regards to ectomorphic women and yoga I know exactly what you mean, some get kind of wiry if they don't eat enough. You do enough hatha yoga you can flat lose your chi chi's.

Yep. Last year between Ashtanga, Bikram and rowing it was tough to eat enough.

Idk about a missing teeth being a deal breaker. This guy is awesome.

41Q73pkvVLL._SX200_.jpg
Who's he? Looks like a rugby player.

Well think about it from my perspective. 18-year-old me is a kid who has always been a loner and an outcast, who never went to a party or a date or whatever. Then I watch Jersey Shore, and I see these buff, good-looking dudes drinking hard, having a great time, "getting it in," and in the words of Pauly D, "making the ladies *** in their pants." And I think how wonderful it would be to live that kind of life.

That's actually the reason I started regularly going to the gym. Because the Jersey Shore dudes inspired me, and I thought that maybe if I looked better, I could have that kind of life too. And to my astonishment, I kept at it. In undergrad I regularly exercised and worked out, and got to the point where my totals were 250 bench/340 squat/385 DL (not very good of course, but to a kid who had spent his life being a couch potato, it meant the world).

That was when I injured my back while squatting, and I had to go through a year worth of physical therapy before I was healed. After that, I kind of lost my motivation to do anything gym-related (and can't really squat or DL anymore), and slowly lost muscle. Med school only made me lazier in terms of going to the gym.

By this time I had turned 21, and had actually been to some nightclubs, so I knew what happened in those places. And it didn't quite live up to the hype. At least not for me.

So I guess, why would I go to the gym anymore? Jersey Shore had been my motivation to work out, and now the show is gone, both from MTV and from my life. I need to find another source of motivation should I wish to start exercising again.

And this was the point where I became more and more convinced (and/or hopeful) that you're an exceptionally clever troll.

Reactions: 6 users
And this was the point where I became more and more convinced (and/or hopeful) that you're an exceptionally clever troll.

I swear on my mother's life that what I said was the truth, though I wish it was not.

I would appreciate it if you could provide constructive advice, about this stuff or about med school academics, rather than accuse me of trolling though. Med students like me look up to physicians such as yourself.

How much did you weigh when you put up those numbers? I'm not sure I believe you if you only consider yourself an average gym goer and consider those numbers "not very good." I've seen kids claim they can bench three plates while doing half-a**ed reps, putting 405 on the bar and doing an eighth of a squat (while yelling and grabbing everyone's attention), etc. You don't have to have powerlifting form, but it can get pretty obnoxious in an undergrad gym. I find it mildly infuriating when I see people claim certain numbers but have no idea how to do a full rep.

How much did you weigh when you put up those numbers? I'm not sure I believe you if you only consider yourself an average gym goer and consider those numbers "not very good." I've seen kids claim they can bench three plates while doing half-a**ed reps, putting 405 on the bar and doing an eighth of a squat (while yelling and grabbing everyone's attention), etc. You don't have to have powerlifting form, but it can get pretty obnoxious in an undergrad gym. I find it mildly infuriating when I see people claim certain numbers but have no idea how to do a full rep.

I weighed 210 lbs (I weigh 230 now, with significantly more fat). I went to parallel on all my squats and to the sternum on all my benches. My friend and mentor at the time (before I went to medical school) was a competitive powerlifter, and he wouldn't have let me cheat anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.