This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else having difficulty logging into MyLMU? It keeps saying I have an incorrect user ID or password but I swear I'm putting my information in correctly.
Did you use the login info provided in the acceptance package?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I did but I still can't figure it out.

Hey I’m having the same issue!! I’m probably just going to call to cashiers office to pay the fee, then contact the information services later to see why I can’t log on.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like waitlist notifications have slowed down

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had housing recommendations? I know about the LMU housing Facebook page but I was wondering if anyone could share their opinions on which locations/type of housing they prefer to live in or anything else that might be helpful. This is my first time moving out on my own so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

How many do you guys think they are pulling off a day? It seems to me like it’s just a handful a day.

How many do you guys think they are pulling off a day? It seems to me like it’s just a handful a day.
It seems like just a few at a time. Montana didn't have to look up my name when I called to confirm the e-mail I got was legit, which leads me to believe only a few people were contacted today..... if that makes sense. But it seems like some people are getting called everyday.

Anyone who got accepted within the last week, did you get your acceptance packet yet?? I’m eagerly waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys- does anyone know if LMU provides health insurance for students?

Did your acceptance come? Montana said they were mailed out this past Wednesday. I know we’re accepted but I just want the packet lol

Just got pulled off the waitlist today, I will be accepting!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got pulled off the waitlist today, I will be accepting!

I’m gonna start a new application if i don’t hear anything soon, and i also need to re take the GRE. It’s depressing just thinking about the money I might be having to spend again..

I’m gonna start a new application if i don’t hear anything soon, and i also need to re take the GRE. It’s depressing just thinking about the money I might be having to spend again..
Im not sure how helpful this information is, but I would like to throw it out there that my GRE scores were HORRIBLE! Standardized testing is not my thing and I couldn't force myself to study very much for it. LMU was the only school I applied to that looked at the scores and it was the only school I have been accepted into. I think I had around a 144 quant and 148 verbal and a 4 in the writing section. My GPA's were all average- around 3.5-3.6.. LMU is looking for well rounded applicants, and it seems that they do look past certain things. Good luck!

As a third time applicant I would not focus on taking the GRE because a lot of schools are getting away from that. Retaking courses are your best bet. For example when I applied to Minnesota even though I retook courses they still averaged them because they were taken within 3 years of each other. That rule has now changed and no matter when the class was taken and then retaken they now take the better grade. If you have questions or want to talk more or anything message me and I’ll help you. This process sucks it took me 4 years and 3 tries so I 100% feel your pain!

Just got an email from LMU this morning, pulled off the alternate list, most likely denying.

As a third time applicant I would not focus on taking the GRE because a lot of schools are getting away from that. Retaking courses are your best bet. For example when I applied to Minnesota even though I retook courses they still averaged them because they were taken within 3 years of each other. That rule has now changed and no matter when the class was taken and then retaken they now take the better grade. If you have questions or want to talk more or anything message me and I’ll help you. This process sucks it took me 4 years and 3 tries so I 100% feel your pain!

I appreciate y’all advice not to take the gre cause i really really don’t want to take it again. i have sooooo much experience, i honesty can’t tell you how much experience, and i have pretty good gpa. I can’t afford to retake courses, it costs like $1000 per course and the only one i would really need to retake is orgo 1 and 2. My gre was like bad, i mean real bad. Like barely above the requirement to apply ...
I’m starting to not know what i want to do anymore. I’m in wildlife rehab and i really enjoy it but there is so much more i could do as a vet. It’s difficult.

Don't worry. I got in and now I am depressed by how much money i have to spend getting a better ipad and getting all these supplies lol

Doing an application review tomorrow!!! I’m still waitlisted but she said she could still do one!

Has anyone who’s still on the waitlist received any sort of update email? It looks like last year people were notified when the class had been mostly filled. I’m wondering if the class isn’t mostly filled yet, or if they just aren’t communicating as well as last year.

Has anyone who’s still on the waitlist received any sort of update email? It looks like last year people were notified when the class had been mostly filled. I’m wondering if the class isn’t mostly filled yet, or if they just aren’t communicating as well as last year.

I haven’t received anything yet! Who knows maybe they are just looking for some candidates

Hopefully we get updates soon since graduation just happened!

Does anyone know if they are ever gonna send updates?

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t know but i need to get another job if i don’t get in and I’m just waiting to hear
I hate to say it but, this late into the game, I would honestly treat it as a rejection unless you know that you're very close to the top of the waitlist. I would start looking for a job and working on improving your application if you're wanting to try again for this cycle. If you get pulled off, then great! If not, then at least you didn't waste your time idling around and were able to be productive in honing and strengthening your credentials for next time.

I hate to say it but, this late into the game, I would honestly treat it as a rejection unless you know that you're very close to the top of the waitlist. I would start looking for a job and working on improving your application if you're wanting to try again for this cycle. If you get pulled off, then great! If not, then at least you didn't waste your time idling around and were able to be productive in honing and strengthening your credentials for next time.

You see since i don’t know where I’m at on the waitlist i really can’t say if I’m at the top. I have a job. However i just need to look for a second one to help pay bills, it’s hard to find a job when there is a possibility, albeit small, i could be accepted. I’ve started another application. I just haven’t signed up for the gre yet like i plan too. Im not wasting my time i just wish i had a definite answer being ‘this late in the game’

You see since i don’t know where I’m at on the waitlist i really can’t say if I’m at the top. I have a job. However i just need to look for a second one to help pay bills, it’s hard to find a job when there is a possibility, albeit small, i could be accepted. I’ve started another application. I just haven’t signed up for the gre yet like i plan too. Im not wasting my time i just wish i had a definite answer being ‘this late in the game’
I know how much it sucks, but I personally would look for a job and just don’t mention maybe you’ll be quitting in two months if you get into vet school. If you do get in, great. You can quit the second job and I’m sure they’ll understand. If you don’t get in, you have a job to help pay your bills for the next year and pay for app fees/interview travel costs while going through this cycle.

I know how much it sucks, but I personally would look for a job and just don’t mention maybe you’ll be quitting in two months if you get into vet school. If you do get in, great. You can quit the second job and I’m sure they’ll understand. If you don’t get in, you have a job to help pay your bills for the next year and pay for app fees/interview travel costs while going through this cycle.

Yeah I’ve been applying. I wish my favorite job paid more, been coaxing for more pay. It’s a non profit so it’s difficult!

Does anyone know if they are ever gonna send updates?
So I just called Montana and he told me that they are still pulling people off of the waitlist and that they will not be sending out any updates until they have finished doing that.
I’m in the same boat though. I just left my previous job to get one closer to home. It’s really hard not knowing where we will be in the next two months, but at least we know that there is still a chance. However, I’m still preparing as if I am not going to get in.

I get at this point they are done pulling off the wait list and all who haven’t heard are rejected. But shouldn’t we have heard something by now? I know technically they have till 2 days before classes start, but why wait so long?

I get at this point they are done pulling off the wait list and all who haven’t heard are rejected. But shouldn’t we have heard something by now? I know technically they have till 2 days before classes start, but why wait so long?
I was rejected from them last application cycle, and I don’t remember ever getting like an official rejection email or letter