This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Everyone waitlisted for an interview at this point is rejected. Actually as of like mid February. They sent emails to some people saying that since they didn’t get the desired outcome with the vet school to apply for the veterinary pharmacy program. People called and were like “what do you mean? I’m waitlisted for an interview?” To which they told those people that they’re not offering interviews anymore and that they were rejected.

I know that’s the case. I realize it’s a rejection but it would have been nice to hear that from the school you know?
I’m just saying that going months and months with no communication is typical of multiple schools, not just LMU.

Members don't see this ad.

I know that’s the case. I realize it’s a rejection but it would have been nice to hear that from the school you know?
I’m just saying that going months and months with no communication is typical of multiple schools, not just LMU.
Yea I know, I was just pointing out how they ended up telling (not telling?) people. Which was really messed up.

Yea I know, I was just pointing out how they ended up telling (not telling?) people. Which was really messed up.

Also the pharmacy e-mail was not even for a vet specific pharm program. It was just their pharmacy school which has a new way you can specialize AFTER GRADUATION with a residency in veterinary pharmacy. And at least the email I got said nothing about not getting a favorable outcome from the vet school. It just looked like an ad to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everything being said as far as acceptances. Since they said they would send them out last week does that mean all who didn’t hear were waitlisted or rejected, or do you guys think that they will send out acceptances again based on those who accept or decline their seats?
They replied to me and said, “At the moment, we are not sending out any more acceptances. Further acceptances will be sent out at the discretion of the admissions committee.”

Reactions: 1 users
Same here. I haven’t heard from MWU in months when they waitlisted me for an interview. That’s the only communication I ever received from them.

They didn’t even waitlist me yet they just said i might get one this month

Reactions: 1 user
They didn’t even waitlist me yet they just said i might get one this month

Sorry, just wanted to clarify. Does this mean that you've spoken to midwestern recently, after hearing nothing since applying, stating that they might accept you?

Sorry, just wanted to clarify. Does this mean that you've spoken to midwestern recently, after hearing nothing since applying, stating that they might accept you?

They sent me an email a few weeks ago stating that i might get an interview in March, but i haven’t heard anything so i would assume by now i have been rejected.

Hopefully they send out the rest of the decisions today... the wait is killing me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in September, and waitlist email just came. First school to interview and last to hear from. Lol

Waitlisted! Interesting that they said you could be pulled off before the April 15th deadline. Also this is my 6th waitlist, so that's fun.

Hey all!!! Current veterinary master's student here. I was lucky enough to be accepted today into LMU CVM today and obviously I am ecstatic about it! But this program was NOT easy in the slightest, and it's still not over yet for myself until graduation in May! But is it worth it? 100%!

To say the least, this program is amazing and I absolutely love it!!! It really teaches you how to become a better student and give you that "second" chance for vet school. The staff is amazing, along with the professors and they genuinely care about you succeeding as a student.
I do want to clarify some things that were mentioned earlier about the program... First, you do NOT need an A in anatomy to get an interview with LMU CVM, just a fall 3.0 GPA. Also, yes the classes are hard but NOT impossible in any way. It is possible to pass and succeed, I promise. Just work your butt off harder than you ever have and never give up within the process. Also, for the club thing, yes as master's students we are not permitted to join any clubs because we are not vet students and are therefore not insured among whatever program is a part of the club. So if something were to happen during a wet lab or anything else, we would not be insured and LMU would be liable. That's just an example. But to be honest, there are ways to stay involved with CVM stuff if you'd really like. My favorite thing about this program is that it allows you to get ahead and take anatomy with the first year vet students! You learn SO much in that class and is super beneficial for your future.

Also, for those of you waitlisted it is not the end of the road!! There are PLENTY of people waitlisted that end up getting off especially after that April 15th deadline so don't lose hope. And for those of you that are waitlisted or rejected, there is always this program to help you out too. And I can vouge that it works. Anyone who has specific questions about the program, please feel free to DM me and I will help ya out :) Congrats to all those accepting a seat with LMU! It truly is an amazing school, inside and out.

Hey all!!! Current veterinary master's student here. I was lucky enough to be accepted today into LMU CVM today and obviously I am ecstatic about it! But this program was NOT easy in the slightest, and it's still not over yet for myself until graduation in May! But is it worth it? 100%!

To say the least, this program is amazing and I absolutely love it!!! It really teaches you how to become a better student and give you that "second" chance for vet school. The staff is amazing, along with the professors and they genuinely care about you succeeding as a student.
I do want to clarify some things that were mentioned earlier about the program... First, you do NOT need an A in anatomy to get an interview with LMU CVM, just a fall 3.0 GPA. Also, yes the classes are hard but NOT impossible in any way. It is possible to pass and succeed, I promise. Just work your butt off harder than you ever have and never give up within the process. Also, for the club thing, yes as master's students we are not permitted to join any clubs because we are not vet students and are therefore not insured among whatever program is a part of the club. So if something were to happen during a wet lab or anything else, we would not be insured and LMU would be liable. That's just an example. But to be honest, there are ways to stay involved with CVM stuff if you'd really like. My favorite thing about this program is that it allows you to get ahead and take anatomy with the first year vet students! You learn SO much in that class and is super beneficial for your future.

Also, for those of you waitlisted it is not the end of the road!! There are PLENTY of people waitlisted that end up getting off especially after that April 15th deadline so don't lose hope. And for those of you that are waitlisted or rejected, there is always this program to help you out too. And I can vouge that it works. Anyone who has specific questions about the program, please feel free to DM me and I will help ya out :) Congrats to all those accepting a seat with LMU! It truly is an amazing school, inside and out.
Seriously? You do know students sitting in class with you with high gpa’s just got waitlisted (or even rejected)? I’m super happy for anyone that got accepted. Seriously, you worked hard and deserve it, but the likelihood of getting through the program and getting accepted is low (there are maybe 15 out of the 40 of us?). That was the point of my previous posts. You have to have an A in anatomy or an A in all your other classes because...math. Don’t forget it’s a money making school. Do not be one of the zealots, be logical and give others sound advice. Again, sooo happy for so many people to day, but my heart is breaking for others. :( For the record, I was waitlisted last year and interviewed NOT IN THE MS PROGRAM...so what was the point in dragging my family to the sticks and coming up with less of a shot this year than last year?

Last edited:
My pre vet advisor went to the AAVMC conference last week and said that LMU issued 3 offers for every one seat to fill the class.

Will be declining my spot! Hopefully someone else gets it!

I told my interviewers I was the next Steve Irwin they immediately started cracking up and I got in. Looks like I’m going to LMU Vet school!!!!!!! Crocky!

Reactions: 3 users
Just officially declined my spot so good luck to those on the list!

I've accepted my spot at LMU and will be giving up my spot at Midwestern and my spot on the Iowa State waitlist. Best of luck to you guys! Accepted students - how are yall going about finding housing?

April 15th is so close!!! I hope some of us waitlisters hear soon :happy:

I dropped off the waitlist. Good luck to everyone this year!

I was accepted off the waitlist and I am thinking of accepting! Good luck to others out there waiting to get an offer!

HI,

I recently got accepted off the waitlist! However, I am concerned with being able to pay off such a high debt load and am considering not going because of the money. Do you think its worth the money?

Have insurance when you come here. LMU clinics will not see you without a 200.00 deposit. “You cannot be seen until you pre-pay 200.00 since you’re a student without insurance”. FYI you can’t get Medicaid here. In Colorado FT students qualify for Medicaid. Look in to those things when you decide where to go. I’m not sure if vet students get insurance? MS students do not.

Update* you can ask for paperwork for a sliding scale of charges and they are really awesome so I posted this upset, but there are no worries on this except the costs of meds.

Last edited:
HI,

I recently got accepted off the waitlist! However, I am concerned with being able to pay off such a high debt load and am considering not going because of the money. Do you think its worth the money?
Nobody but yourself can decide if the debt of going OOS to vet school is worth it. If you don’t think you can handle the debt and don’t think it’s worth it, that’s okay. It’s better to make that determination BEFORE you start school and take out loans. If you do think it’s worth it and there’s nothing else you’d rather do, that’s fine too, you just have to be willing to take on that kind of debt. For me, it was worth it to go OOS (I’m not at LMU though). I tried two cycles and wasn’t successful at my in state. I couldnt see myself doing anything else for the rest of my life, and I did explore other options. Some people refuse to apply to any schools other than their IS because of the debt and wouldn’t go to vet school if they had to go OOS.
If you decide to decline the acceptance and try for your in state next cycle, you just habe to be prepared for the possibility of never getting into another vet school no matter how many times you apply and be okay with that if it happens.
It’s also okay to decline and take a year or two to explore other career options and come back to vetmed if it’s still the only career that you want to be in.
No one else can make the decision for you about what’s worth it or not because they’re not the ones paying back your loans. You are.

Reactions: 1 users
HI,

For me personally, I do not let money/loans get in the way of my dreams. Unfortunately, money is the pillar to which we live on and there's no avoiding it. If you absolutely cannot see yourself doing anything else besides for being a veterinarian, than the answer is simple. If you can see yourself exploring other career options to which would leave you in significantly lower debt, then you have your answer.

I declined my spot sometime late last week, so hopefully that opened one up for someone!

Just got my acceptance off the wait list!! I can’t wait to go to LMU!

To anyone who has gotten pulled off the waitlist: do you mind sharing your stats?

Is anyone else having difficulty logging into MyLMU? It keeps saying I have an incorrect user ID or password but I swear I'm putting my information in correctly.

Last edited: