LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone help me out… I got pulled off the waitlist. I was taking o chem 2 this spring but had withdrawn due to many different circumstances. Would it be possible to take an online class now and have it count? Or do you think I can differ until spring? Any help is much appreciated. I want to be happy and excited but rather am feeling that an opportunity presented itself to me and is going to pass me up. :(
Hi there, I'm not sure if you have already contacted admissions, but one option might be to take Organic Chem 2 through UCSD Extension. Registration through Extension is very straight forward. There's a section that starts 4/29, which I believe is technically still considered Spring 2024 for UCSD. Here's a link to the course: Organic Chemistry II. I think LMU would still have to approve it because it looks like there is no lab component and it ends in July.

I'm sorry for the situation you're in. I hope there's a way for you to make it work out!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, I'm not sure if you have already contacted admissions, but one option might be to take Organic Chem 2 through UCSD Extension. Registration through Extension is very straight forward. There's a section that starts 4/29, which I believe is technically still considered Spring 2024 for UCSD. Here's a link to the course: Organic Chemistry II. I think LMU would still have to approve it because it looks like there is no lab component and it ends in July.

I'm sorry for the situation you're in. I hope there's a way for you to make it work out!
Pretty sure LMU requires lab for both Ochem1 and 2 according to their website it’s at least 6 credits lecture lab

I pray we all end up classmates laughing about this crazy experience!

Reactions: 5 users
Just so you waitlist people know i was notified 4/18 and have until 4/30 to accept my spot! so they are also giving people a bit of time to inform them. So maybe more decisions 4/30. really crossing my fingers for you guys

Reactions: 8 users
So happy for everyone who was accepted so far! Everyone has been nothing but kind on here. I can't wait to see you all as doctors one day!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Morning y'all! I have just sent an email to LMU to let them know that I will be rescinding my Spring of 2025 deferral. If anyone is still holding out for one I hope you get it.

Has anyone else heard from LMU? I'm getting a bit bummed that I haven't heard back.

i haven't heard anything either since the waitlist went out, but there is still quite a bit of time for things to change :)

i know this wave of acceptances had until april 30 to decide! i’d think they’re doing another wave after that!

Most likely declining my spot after receiving another acceptance

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I have officially declined my seat! Someone will get good news soon :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I got an acceptance today at 9am CST, I have until 5/1 to make a decision but I will be declining as I’ve been accepted elsewhere. Good luck y’all!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I got my acceptance today at 7:45am CST!!!!! I am so beyond excited. Does anyone know if living in KY or VA would cause an issue? Assuming we didn’t want to live on-campus. I don’t see a lot of places to live in Harrogate.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
I got my acceptance today at 7:45am CST!!!!! I am so beyond excited. Does anyone know if living in KY or VA would cause an issue? Assuming we didn’t want to live on-campus. I don’t see a lot of places to live in Harroga
I don’t see why not if you are willing to drive. There are plenty of graduate housing options provided by lmu though so check those out!

I got my acceptance today at 7:45am CST!!!!! I am so beyond excited. Does anyone know if living in KY or VA would cause an issue? Assuming we didn’t want to live on-campus. I don’t see a lot of places to live in Harrogate.

Congratulations Rachel! I know you’ve been through it in this thread, I think it’s fine to live in the surrounding counties in Va/Ky.

That's awesome, congratulations!!!! When I was researching places to live I definitely saw students mention living in VA and KY (specifically Ewing and Middlesboro for the most part) :)

This is probably a stupid question but I’m going stir crazy. I want to email them so badly but I’m scared it would look bad like I’m impatient. Do do you think it would help, or harm, or not make a difference? If so what should I say? Can I have a file review, etc?

Reactions: 2 users
This is probably a stupid question but I’m going stir crazy. I want to email them so badly but I’m scared it would look bad like I’m impatient. Do do you think it would help, or harm, or not make a difference? If so what should I say? Can I have a file review, etc?

I think we all are! I don’t think that emailing will come off as impatient as long as you’re careful about your wording. I also don’t think it will help, but it might ease your mind knowing that they will glance over your file! I’d try to convey how grateful you are to make it this far in the process & appreciate the admissions team for their work if you decide to email. Fingers crossed that we’ll hear more soon!

I emailed about waitlist movement on Monday and they responded with the same message that was sent out when we were all waitlisted!

Reactions: 3 users

I live in Middlesboro, KY (right through the tunnel) and I prefer it since I’m closer to the grocery stores. There are plenty of students that live either in Middlesboro, KY, Ewing, VA (closer to the farm), or Harrogate, TN (closer to main campus). There are even some students who live in Tazwell, TN or closer to Knoxville. So it’s your preference and what is available to you. I know some students who love living at the off-campus graduate housing as well.

ME TOO!!!!! Sadly, I have to decline though I recently found out I have to have surgery in July, and I have a bit of recovery time following. I wish I could go to the spring semester instead :( I am beyond thankful and beyond words.

• Care
ME TOO!!!!! Sadly, I have to decline though I recently found out I have to have surgery in July, and I have a bit of recovery time following. I wish I could go to the spring semester instead :( I am beyond thankful and beyond words.
Email them! They are extremely helpful with deferring