LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all I wanted to pop on here and say I emailed to withdraw my app from the waitlist (I just haven’t heard back yet)!
Did you end up choosing a different school? I was waiting to see where you ended up!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw something on APVMA Facebook where someone said they were told it was a randomized waitlist but idk how true that is
i think it is likely that they have applicants who are ranked and they submit to the dean for consideration. perhaps it is random in that they do not know who the dean will choose. like other schools they probably send a certain amount of acceptances per seat decline, so one person turns down seat, however many are offered a spot. that number of offers that are extended might change closer to actual start of classes, though.

Did you end up choosing a different school? I was waiting to see where you ended up!
I haven’t chosen yet 😳🥴 I’m currently leaning towards UMN or KSU, but I’m going to visit to see. UMN would be huge for me because it’s actually a lot closer to some family I have in Canada and my grandma who I would like to see more since she is only getting older. Plus it kind of has everything I want….but idk still undecided at the moment 🙃

Reactions: 8 users
I haven’t chosen yet 😳🥴 I’m currently leaning towards UMN or KSU, but I’m going to visit to see. UMN would be huge for me because it’s actually a lot closer to some family I have in Canada and my grandma who I would like to see more since she is only getting older. Plus it kind of has everything I want….but idk still undecided at the moment 🙃
Thats amazing though! I know it must be a difficult choice but congratulations!

• Care
I know it has only been about 2 weeks since the waitlist email got sent out but does anyone know if it has actually moved at all?

I know it has only been about 2 weeks since the waitlist email got sent out but does anyone know if it has actually moved at all?
I believe they said that movement would start to happen around the deadline, mid April. :)

Okay I’m still hearing mixed things about whether or not the waitlist is ranked or a lottery. The waitlist email clearly implied it was ranked and we just aren’t going to be told where it is. Has anyone heard anything in regard to ranked vs lottery??

Okay I’m still hearing mixed things about whether or not the waitlist is ranked or a lottery. The waitlist email clearly implied it was ranked and we just aren’t going to be told where it is. Has anyone heard anything in regard to ranked vs lottery??
everything i have heard from this school does not imply that it is a lottery. They do not share the ranking. It is likely that they have those on the waitlist ranked and will extend offers based on that rank, but they will not disclose what the ranking is. I do not see the merit of having a randomized waitlist, to me it doesn't make sense.

Other than a post on a facebook group, what information has been shared that would indicate the waitlist would be random?

everything i have heard from this school does not imply that it is a lottery. They do not share the ranking. It is likely that they have those on the waitlist ranked and will extend offers based on that rank, but they will not disclose what the ranking is. I do not see the merit of having a randomized waitlist, to me it doesn't make sense.

Other than a post on a facebook group, what information has been shared that would indicate the waitlist would be random?
A friend of mine was told last year it was a random lottery so it could have changed this time around

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine was told last year it was a random lottery so it could have changed this time around
was told by the school? I would think that it would be in the school's best interest to offer candidates a seat based on how they fit into what their qualifications are for that class, even if it isn't ranked in a "traditional" way like GPA, they probably have a metric they're trying to adhere to... I have taken any element of "we don't know who will be offered a spot" communication from them to be more that the dean makes the final decision. I think we would all likely agree that they are consistently a bit mysterious about this process and we wished we had a better idea of where we stand. Hopefully, the list will move considerably after the deadline and the uncertainty will end.

Does anyone know if lmu typically gives aid? I’m assuming since they’re a newer school they don’t have much aid to offer

It’s a accredited college, you can take out enough for your tuition plus to estimated cost of living for each semester. That goes for all accredited schools, age doesn’t matter
I’m not sure what that has to do with my question, I’m asking if the school gives out grants to students, like in financial need, like other schools do. I’m guessing since everyone’s confused that this school doesn’t give any financial help

Last edited:
was told by the school? I would think that it would be in the school's best interest to offer candidates a seat based on how they fit into what their qualifications are for that class, even if it isn't ranked in a "traditional" way like GPA, they probably have a metric they're trying to adhere to... I have taken any element of "we don't know who will be offered a spot" communication from them to be more that the dean makes the final decision. I think we would all likely agree that they are consistently a bit mysterious about this process and we wished we had a better idea of where we stand. Hopefully, the list will move considerably after the deadline and the uncertainty will end.

I don’t think it’s a lottery, they do a match type system so if someone declines a seat they will try to match the student left with another “match”. The matching seems complicated, but it’s based on age, GPA, interests like equine vs SAM. I know I was told that I should’ve “matched” with the other 50yr old during my MS, but since he was a he I didn’t match. That was 5 years ago though. I have not declined my seat because I already have classes done there, but I did get into LSU. Do not give up everyone!!! I’ve been at this for like 10 years!! I graduated with a 3.8 from LMU and they put me on the waitlist.

I’m not sure what that has to do with my question, I’m asking if the school gives out grants to students, like in financial need, like other schools do. I’m guessing since everyone’s confused that this school doesn’t give any financial help

As they said, the school is an accredited institution and you get financial aid and grants through the government. They have scholarships as well. Yes it’s a private school, but that doesn’t mean you don’t get financial aid and assistance through the government to help pay for school. Check out their website for the information as well. You can also contact the financial aid office for more details! They are super helpful and nice!

I don’t think it’s a lottery, they do a match type system so if someone declines a seat they will try to match the student left with another “match”. The matching seems complicated, but it’s based on age, GPA, interests like equine vs SAM. I know I was told that I should’ve “matched” with the other 50yr old during my MS, but since he was a he I didn’t match. That was 5 years ago though. I have not declined my seat because I already have classes done there, but I did get into LSU. Do not give up everyone!!! I’ve been at this for like 10 years!! I graduated with a 3.8 from LMU and they put me on the waitlist.
that is super interesting! i have a follow up question- can i send you a message?

Does anyone else waitlisted have a phone call scheduled with Mikishi Richardson for a file review? I have no idea what to expect!

Does anyone else waitlisted have a phone call scheduled with Mikishi Richardson for a file review? I have no idea what to expect!

How did you get a file reviews? I’ve received no response to emails.

I was told by my vets and an admissions person for UF PA school that emailing for file reviews when you’re waitlisted doesn’t look good at all. “They sent you an email letting you know that you are being considered and on the waitlist and it’s obnoxious and shows a lack of self confidence and self awareness to be reaching out so early asking for a file review when the deadline hasn’t even passed. If given a file review this early I would consider the applicant to be less likely to be accepted off of the waitlist.”

Hi, I wanted to share what I saw on the Facebook APVMA page as I saw the response you got to your question and imagine that made you feel very worried now about your upcoming file review. This was posted last cycle, I believe:

Attachments

• IMG_5385.jpeg
    IMG_5385.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 104
My response had nothing to do with her as a person and in no way was an attack, please read it again, it was more for the people considering emailing or not hearing back. I actually find it quite helpful to get any and ALL points of views, not just the ones that make me feel good about myself, so I can sit down with everything and make a constructive decision. I even put it all in quotations as a sign that that was roughly what I was verbally told and not my thoughts or ideas.

PS: it’s also a public forum. If you don’t agree with what I said move along and add your own stuff, so they can get ALL perspectives like I said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by my vets and an admissions person for UF PA school that emailing for file reviews when you’re waitlisted doesn’t look good at all. “They sent you an email letting you know that you are being considered and on the waitlist and it’s obnoxious and shows a lack of self confidence and self awareness to be reaching out so early asking for a file review when the deadline hasn’t even passed. If given a file review this early I would consider the applicant to be less likely to be accepted off of the waitlist.”

Holly is such a genuinely nice person I seriously doubt she or anyone else would think this way. The culture of LMU vs UF is completely different. UF is so stuck up and full of themselves…ugh. Emailing is definitely welcomed within reason. That being said, do not give up until classes literally start. I know people that were accepted even the first week of classes!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone who has been accepted gotten a fafsa update? Mine just says processed but haven’t gotten an email update from fafsa or LMU

Has anyone who has been accepted gotten a fafsa update? Mine just says processed but haven’t gotten an email update from fafsa or LMU

From what I heard from Financial Aid, they are waiting for all of the information from the government and won’t send updates until mid April. This is for everyone applying for financial aid.

Long as you fill out your fafsa you qualify for aid and grants.

Anyone hear anything at all since the mass waitlist?

Just curious, does anyone know what the deposit fee is to reserve your seat? TIA!

No one has gotten any updates, right ?
Do we know if they start offering seats shortly after the 15th or is there a delay?

Hey all LMU is a private vet school & allows until April 18th for accepted students to make their decisions. So, waitlisted applicants will likely not hear back until after the 18th! 🫶

Reactions: 1 users
I’m slowly losing my mind I think, haha! I just wish they’d tell us where we are on the waitlist. I’m so tired of wondering and wondering what my chances are. Do y’all think this waitlist moves quicker than some of the other schools?

Reactions: 5 users
I’m slowly losing my mind I think, haha! I just wish they’d tell us where we are on the waitlist. I’m so tired of wondering and wondering what my chances are. Do y’all think this waitlist moves quicker than some of the other schools?
It’s typically one of the quicker moving ones from what I’ve seen! It just seems like there’s a ton of us on it this year. Don’t know how that’ll affect things or how it compares to their usual number of waitlisted folks, though.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone that’s been accepted to LMU could confirm what your deadline is for accepting your seat? LMU says AAVMC deadline decision April 18th but AAVMC site says deadline April 15th. I’m on waitlist and just wondering when may see movement.