This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emlady09

c/o 20..eventually
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd start this...who else is looking to apply here?!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me! 2nd time applying to LMU, 3rd time applying to vet schools. Made LMU's interview waitlist last cycle and hoping to do better this time around!

Reactions: 4 users
Applying to LMU this cycle also!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LMU is my top school! 1st time applicant here. Trying not to get my hopes up my first round but I'm really hoping for a positive outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
This is my third time applying and will be my second with LMU. Last year I interviewed and then waitlisted. I loved their process for interviews and the school was amazing!

Reactions: 1 users
This is my third time applying and will be my second with LMU. Last year I interviewed and then waitlisted. I loved their process for interviews and the school was amazing!
Do you mind sharing your stats from when you applied last cycle? LMU is one of my top choices aside from my in-state (Florida) but not feeling too confident about getting into my IS.

Hmmm, it's one of the ones I was considering. Does anyone know anything about their equine program? I'm OOS everywhere, so I'm pretty varied on where I'm applying to

Hmmm, it's one of the ones I was considering. Does anyone know anything about their equine program? I'm OOS everywhere, so I'm pretty varied on where I'm applying to
LMU doesn’t have a hospital so you take all of your clinical rotations elsewhere, so it’ll be what you make of it for what equine rotations you do and how much you learn on them. Couldn’t tell you about any equine classes they have Pre-clinical because I’m not a student.

I am too! This is my first time applying to vet school and I'm so nervous/feel behind!!

Hello, 3rd year at lmu here (yikes!). We have around 25 horses currently at the DVTC. Animal handling and labs start the first semester so you will be handling a horse your first semester of your first year. We also have a student AAEP chapter (American Asso. of Equine Prac.). In years past we have gone to Old Friends in Lexington, KY to vaccinate their retired thoroughbreds, the KY 3 Day Event, and the club has held movie nights, and wet labs. This year we got to help with a castration clinic over towards Nashville were everyone got to help castrate some stallions and pull some wolf teeth. If you feel that you still need more horse time, on the weekends, we help feed and treat horses on the farm. It could be as simple as feeding them to applying bandages. Another cool horse related thing is the therio club. This year they went to Ashford stud where American Pharoah is and got to meet him. Something that I feel is really cool that stands LMU out is our partnership with Gluck Lab at the University of KY. For the past couple of years, LMUCVM has sent students up to Gluck to help with research. For those of you who don't know, Gluck is a huge equine research lab located in Lexington, KY. It is probably the most known equine lab in the equine world. I am greatful that I am one of the students at Gluck this summer and I love it. Here is a link about Gluck if you would like to know more: Gluck Equine Research Center
While we don't have an actual hospital, we do have the ability to set up our own equine rotations. Some people have gone to Hagyard, and Rood and Riddle as well as a few other local places. This is a great opportunity though because if you want something specific such as equine vet related experiance in Montana or some other crazy place, you probably can go to those places. Also some Vet schools around the country accept LMU students for a rotation so if you wanted to go a school for a specific equine rotation, they will work with you on that. While we don't have an equine hospital, I feel like it works out. You can do a rotation at a place like R&R and see what a big equine hospital is like and then do a rotation with an equine vet that works out of their truck to see an ambulatory practice is like. Also it's like a mini job interview. If you go to these places and make a good impression, and they have an opening for a new grad, you are probably more likely to be hired compared to someone who has never seen the place that just submitted an application for a job. Just some food for though.

Hello, 3rd year at lmu here (yikes!). We have around 25 horses currently at the DVTC. Animal handling and labs start the first semester so you will be handling a horse your first semester of your first year. We also have a student AAEP chapter (American Asso. of Equine Prac.). In years past we have gone to Old Friends in Lexington, KY to vaccinate their retired thoroughbreds, the KY 3 Day Event, and the club has held movie nights, and wet labs. This year we got to help with a castration clinic over towards Nashville were everyone got to help castrate some stallions and pull some wolf teeth. If you feel that you still need more horse time, on the weekends, we help feed and treat horses on the farm. It could be as simple as feeding them to applying bandages. Another cool horse related thing is the therio club. This year they went to Ashford stud where American Pharoah is and got to meet him. Something that I feel is really cool that stands LMU out is our partnership with Gluck Lab at the University of KY. For the past couple of years, LMUCVM has sent students up to Gluck to help with research. For those of you who don't know, Gluck is a huge equine research lab located in Lexington, KY. It is probably the most known equine lab in the equine world. I am greatful that I am one of the students at Gluck this summer and I love it. Here is a link about Gluck if you would like to know more: Gluck Equine Research Center
While we don't have an actual hospital, we do have the ability to set up our own equine rotations. Some people have gone to Hagyard, and Rood and Riddle as well as a few other local places. This is a great opportunity though because if you want something specific such as equine vet related experiance in Montana or some other crazy place, you probably can go to those places. Also some Vet schools around the country accept LMU students for a rotation so if you wanted to go a school for a specific equine rotation, they will work with you on that. While we don't have an equine hospital, I feel like it works out. You can do a rotation at a place like R&R and see what a big equine hospital is like and then do a rotation with an equine vet that works out of their truck to see an ambulatory practice is like. Also it's like a mini job interview. If you go to these places and make a good impression, and they have an opening for a new grad, you are probably more likely to be hired compared to someone who has never seen the place that just submitted an application for a job. Just some food for though.

Thank you so much! This is really helpful as I try to narrow down my chosen schools to apply to and as I figure out what I’m looking for in a school

Members don't see this ad :)
LMU is one of my top choices this cycle, I finally finished everything but the essays and I'm working on those and the supplementals. God help me I feel like I am behind. I know I have two months but wow.

I am too! This is my first time applying to vet school and I'm so nervous/feel behind!!
I feel behind too and this is my second go. I told myself I'd get everything outlined and set a due date for the middle of July for myself so that by mid august I can have them looked over and make any changes I need. I'm also taking courses this summer but they've been so spaced out that I really needed a deadline to light a fire under my bum.

Hey I’m applying at LMU as a first time applicant. I’m a RVT with a mediocre gpa. Is there a supplemental app? Super nervous about applying in general. Anyone attending willing to answer some questions for me? I have a 9 year old that I would have to put into school.

Hey I’m applying at LMU as a first time applicant. I’m a RVT with a mediocre gpa. Is there a supplemental app? Super nervous about applying in general. Anyone attending willing to answer some questions for me? I have a 9 year old that I would have to put into school.

I'm just an applicant and dont have a child, so I may not be able to answer those questions, but I can answer that they do have a supplemental application. Here is the link and what they put on their website.

Application Process - Lincoln Memorial University

"LMU-CVM Supplemental Application">LMU-CVM Supplemental Application
All applicants must complete the LMU-CVM supplemental application. The deadline to submit the supplemental application is September 17, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.
Under Enrollment Information, you will select “Doctor of Veterinary Medicine” for both the Academic Program and Academic Level.

Application Deadline: All application materials must be submitted by September 17, 2017 at 11:59pm EST. Late application materials will not be accepted."

Where do most vet school students live?? Ive been looking around online and don't see many options..

Figured a thread has not started yet for this year! I received an invitation to interview for September 24th! Wondering who else is gonna be there.

I will be there! I've heard that their interview process is a little more laid back than other schools - I was shocked to see the date so early in the cycle but excited!

I will be there! I've heard that their interview process is a little more laid back than other schools - I was shocked to see the date so early in the cycle but excited!
Same! I’m excited/nervous lol

Congrats you guys!! I just submitted my app so no word yet for me. You'll have to let us know how it goes!! LMU is gorgeous!!

Figured a thread has not started yet for this year! I received an invitation to interview for September 24th! Wondering who else is gonna be there.

When did y'all submit your applications and then hear back? I had the mindset that I wouldn't hear anything for months but things seem to be rolling pretty quickly this year!

Hey, So excited to finally be able to post! This is my second year applying, so proud to say-I also will be there!!!, Where did you get information about there interview process? I would love to hear more!!! I submitted my app on 8/21 and heard back about an interview on 8/23. I was literally in shock!!!!

When did y'all submit your applications and then hear back? I had the mindset that I wouldn't hear anything for months but things seem to be rolling pretty quickly this year!

I submitted on last Tuesday and heard back on Friday lol. I was in literal shock

LMU usually is quick to start offering interviews. But just remember, you can still be offered an interview later in the cycle after the application has closed. They interview into February I believe and send out interviews I think like 4 or so weeks in advance. Not everyone is going to hear back immediately, but that doesn’t mean you are not a good candidate or don’t have a shot at getting an interview and accepted.

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted on 8/13 then offered an interview on 8/23!

For those who already got an interview invite does your portal still say "application under review" or is it changed? And did you pay your supplemental fee before you got an invite?

For those who already got an interview invite does your portal still say "application under review" or is it changed? And did you pay your supplemental fee before you got an invite?
Generally you’re not considered as having applied until ALL of your stuff is submitted and paid for. I don’t know of ANY school that is going to offer candidates interviews if they haven’t completed their application and submitted all of their payments. Why would a school waste their time looking at your app if maybe you’re going to change your mind and not pay that supplemental?

Generally you’re not considered as having applied until ALL of your stuff is submitted and paid for. I don’t know of ANY school that is going to offer candidates interviews if they haven’t completed their application and submitted all of their payments. Why would a school waste their time looking at your app if maybe you’re going to change your mind and not pay that supplemental?
I actually was offered an interview before submitting payments- I thought it seemed weird too!

I submitted my app on 9/15 and am anxiously waiting to hear back! LMU is my number 1 choice (also first time app)!

Good luck to the people interviewing tmrw! :) I remember mine like it was yesterday. Just be yourself, they’re there to help you feel comfortable.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I checked my supplemental application yesterday it said "Under Review." Today when I checked in, there is a big symbol of an envelope with a red X on the paper inside the envelope... is this a bad sign or am I just reading into it haha

I don't know about anyone else, but when I checked my supplemental application yesterday it said "Under Review." Today when I checked in, there is a big symbol of an envelope with a red X on the paper inside the envelope... is this a bad sign or am I just reading into it haha
That could just be a glitch ( unloadable picture etc)

Can someone tell me how I can get into the lmu portal?
I just submitted my VMCAS and supplement so my grades aren’t verified yet. Am I still able to access the LMU portal.

Thanks

Can someone tell me how I can get into the lmu portal?
I just submitted my VMCAS and supplement so my grades aren’t verified yet. Am I still able to access the LMU portal.

Thanks

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the VMCAS deadline was September 21st and the LMU supplemental originally had a deadline of September 17th. I'm not sure if they extended it or not.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the VMCAS deadline was September 21st and the LMU supplemental originally had a deadline of September 17th. I'm not sure if they extended it or not.
They had extended it to the 28th ( LMU supplemental)

Sorry to confuse you. I did submit on time but I didn’t know how to see my information on the LMU portal.

Just got an invite to interview!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an invite to interview!!

Do you mind me asking when you submitted your app and was verified? Nosy and impatient over here :nailbiting:

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an invite as well! I submitted around the 23rd of August and was verified on the 25th

Do you mind me asking when you submitted your app and was verified? Nosy and impatient over here :nailbiting:

I submitted 9/11 and was verified 9/12

EDIT:

In addition, my application still says "under review" in the LMU portal so apparently that means nothing.

The two dates they allowed me to choose from were October 26th and November 2nd.

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite!! Woohoo!

I submitted 9/6 and verified 9/11 haven't heard back but I'm not getting my hopes up. I have had a good grad/science/last 45 but my undergrad was filled with hardships so im not the most appealing cumulative wise.

Last edited:
I just got an interview invite as well!!