LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a waitlist email but I already accepted a seat elsewhere so I will be removing my name. I hope this clears a spot for one of you! Best of luck!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just got an email saying I’m waitlisted. Kinda makes me even more stressed than what I was and I really don’t like the idea of not knowing where I’m at on the waitlist given that it is unranked.

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted. I don't understand how their waitlist can be unranked. Does that mean they choose people randomly?

Does anyone know how many end up on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
So does this mean there class is full and now we just wait for seat to open up hopefully?

I just emailed them and I told them I wanted to know if I was waitlisted, rejected, or accepted and they sent me back an email saying I was waitlisted.

Got the email that I was waitlisted. I just pulled myself off as I’ve accepted a seat at another school. I’m not sure how an unranked waitlist works but I genuinely hope this helps!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Okay waitlisted friends, I just sent Holly a rather lengthy email with a few questions about the waitlist. I'll let you know responses when I get a message back!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay waitlisted friends, I just sent Holly a rather lengthy email with a few questions about the waitlist. I'll let you know responses when I get a message back!
Thank you!

I just called her and she said they do not disclose how many are on the waitlist and the decision for who gets pulled off goes infront of the committee again and they decide who they will pull off. That’s all I could gather. Hopefully your email will disclose more!!

Why are they putting extra work into this. I feel like they should have it ranked on their end and just not tell us.

Reactions: 1 user
I am OOS and got a waitlist email at 9:30 and an acceptance email at 10:30 but will be declining my seat for my IS. Hopefully someone else gets some good news today!

• Care
IMG_1139.jpeg

This came in at 9:50am. I interview the second week of November, and was given a seat in the spring cohort. Crossing my fingers that I come off the waitlist!

I am OOS and got a waitlist email at 9:30 and an acceptance email at 10:30 but will be declining my seat for my IS. Hopefully someone else gets some good news today!
Same here. Waitlisted at 9:50. Offered acceptance at 10:30. Also declining for IS. Check your emails everyone :)

• Care
For those of you wondering about the waitlist, yes it is unranked. I don't know if this is for sure how LMU does it but I know with other schools that have unranked waitlist they usually try to make the class well-rounded. So if they have someone who was inclined to be a food animal veterinarian that declines they go back through the waitlist and pick someone with similar interest. Like I said, I don't know if this is how LMU does things but it's how other schools do it. The waitlist moves quite a bit so don't loose hope!

As southerndogtor said, the waitlist moves A LOT up until the first week of classes. We had a student starting the masters program with me last semester and was taken off the waitlist and started with co 2026. I know it’s stressful to be waitlisted or denied, but stay positive and keeping pushing. If you have been denied, consider meeting with admissions regarding your application and see where you can improve. If it’s regarding your GPA, I highly recommend doing the 1 year Vet Biomedical Science Master Program at LMU. You take Vet Anatomy and Parasitology with the first year vet students which is a plus. If you get a 3.0 or higher that semester, you are guaranteed an interview for the vet school. If you get a B or higher in both Anatomy and Parasitology, you won’t have to retake the class when you matriculate into the vet school. Something to consider and get your foot in the door, not only at LMU but at all other schools. I was denied 2 cycles in a row and after just 1 semester of the MS program, I was a accepted to LMU, alternate at another and an interview with my IS. Highly recommend applying asap if you are interested as the deadline tends to be at the end of June and it requires an interview. Good luck everyone and stay positive! If you have questions about LMU, you can message me.

Screenshot_20230419_114744_Gmail.jpg

Here are the replies I just received from Holly. I asked about if the class was full at this time, how an unranked waitlist works and if she could give me a range on how many typically get off the waitlist each year.

View attachment 369658
This came in at 9:50am. I interview the second week of November, and was given a seat in the spring cohort. Crossing my fingers that I come off the waitlist!
I was waitlisted too after being offered a seat for the Spring cohort. I was accepted elsewhere and will be taking myself off the waitlist! I wish you all the best of luck!

• Care
How do you take yourself off the waitlist? I got accepted elsewhere and would like to take my name off

• Care
So the class is already full??
It sounds like they have out enough offers to cover the seats they have remaining so as people decline and they hear back from them regarding they're offers waitlisters would then hear back as well

For those of you who were accepted to LMU and are going to be off campus, where are you guys living?

For those accepted off the waitlist how long do they give you to give them a decision?

For those accepted off the waitlist how long do they give you to give them a decision?
I think that I saw someone post on Tuesday that they had until May 1st to accept their seat. I'm waitlisted and kind of curious to know the next time they will send out another wave of acceptances. It seems to be Tuesdays?
🙏🏼

I just got accepted off of the waitlist! 🥳

And for those wondering- I got my acceptance today, my offer says I have until 4:30PM EST on May 3, 2023 to reserve my seat. So I suppose everyone gets 2 weeks to decide before they are no longer considered and the offer is given to the next person.

Reactions: 4 users
That’s nice. I almost wish I was accepted off the waitlist instead because I was accepted with less than 2 weeks before the April 17th deadline so I got less time to decide. Also I was just accepted off the Illinois waitlist and got 2 days to decide.

• Wow
That’s nice. I almost wish I was accepted off the waitlist instead because I was accepted with less than 2 weeks before the April 17th deadline so I got less time to decide. Also I was just accepted off the Illinois waitlist and got 2 days to decide.
Omg that’s crazy
What are you going to do?

Omg that’s crazy
What are you going to do?
Ultimately I chose Long Island University (I got accepted in January) over LMU due to being close to family and liking the location a lot more (and some other reasons). And then I chose to not accept the Illinois offer either but that was super hard to decide on. Once again though I just thought I’d be happier at Long Island. But I’m also on a few other waitlists I might choose over LIU if I get in so I thought it would be kinda dumb to put another deposit down for Illinois and then get into UGA which I’d choose over Illinois. I’m EXTREMELY grateful to have these dilemmas obviously but it has definitely been a stressful few weeks!!! I was so naïve originally and thought if I got any acceptances this cycle I’d have at least a month to decide and I’d be able to visit the schools but that has just not happened at all.

• Care
Is anyone else having a hard time planning a visit to the school. I have emailed and called and they won’t get back to me

Is anyone else having a hard time planning a visit to the school. I have emailed and called and they won’t get back to me
Hi! What time did you call? Ciera is the one in charge of scheduling tours I believe so I would recommend emailing her or reaching out during her business hours! Her email is [email protected].

I think I’m just going to visit the school anyway because I need to make a decisions asap
Just FYI the DVTC is a closed campus so you can't visit without setting up a tour. The admissions team is small so if you sent an email to the admissions email they may just be backlogged with request. They also have a virtual tour if you are in a time crunch Virtual Tour

I think I’m just going to visit the school anyway because I need to make a decisions asap

As of right now there is a large amount of accepted students wanting tours right now. Admissions is currently backlogged and will get back to as soon as they can. I’m a student ambassador and we have received a lot of emails recently about accepted students wanting tour. You will have to be patient with them. If you have specific questions about the campus, the area, housing, or curriculum you can message me.