This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So out of sdn we've seen less than a handful of people come off the LECOM waitlist...are we close to peak movement?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay guys, I posted this on the Brandenton thread as well, but I'm a bit confused. I noticed today that my portal had been updated to "A decision has been made..." for the Bradenton campus (it was previously the "we have received your supplemental application and we'll let you know when you are under review).

Needless to say, it hasn't changed at all throughout the cycle and I did NOT interview at Bradenton. So, do I just assume this portal update is a mistake? I am on the waitlist for Eerie/Seton Hill, but I know they are run separately.

Thoughts? ideas? Anyone have the same thing happen?

Okay guys, I posted this on the Brandenton thread as well, but I'm a bit confused. I noticed today that my portal had been updated to "A decision has been made..." for the Bradenton campus (it was previously the "we have received your supplemental application and we'll let you know when you are under review).

Needless to say, it hasn't changed at all throughout the cycle and I did NOT interview at Bradenton. So, do I just assume this portal update is a mistake? I am on the waitlist for Eerie/Seton Hill, but I know they are run separately.

Maybe they are letting people know who did not interview about a possible rejection. I thought they did silent rejections but maybe they decided to change it with this cycle. It would be a good idea to call. I know Bradenton usually does gives decisions over the phone

You will most likely get a rejection letter- this happened to someone I know....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Is there anyone who received a continued interest or top alternate email who has NOT been accepted yet ? Just wondering if they are through with that list and may be sending another email soon . TIA

Is there anyone who received a continued interest or top alternate email who has NOT been accepted yet ? Just wondering if they are through with that list and may be sending another email soon . TIA

I haven't been accepted yet :/

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you receive the continued interest email?

The roommate forum isn't very active so I still don't think much movement has occurred, even on SDN it's been less than a handful of people

I received the "top alternate" email, but I haven't heard from them yet.

I received the "top alternate" email, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Are there two emails being sent out? One being "continued interest" and the other being "top alternate"? Also, I haven't gotten either, but I did send a LOI about two months ago with email and phone confirmation that it was received. So not sure what I'm doing at this point.

I received one of those emails on the 6th. But nothing since...

I received one of those emails on the 6th. But nothing since...
Darn I did not receive the email and was hoping they had already offered to all those people already and would be moving on to the others on the list but I guess not . :(

Are there two emails being sent out? One being "continued interest" and the other being "top alternate"? Also, I haven't gotten either, but I did send a LOI about two months ago with email and phone confirmation that it was received. So not sure what I'm doing at this point.

Top of waitlist = Erie
Continued Interest and Intent = Seton Hill

Seem believable, but is this actually accurate?

Yes. I'm waitlisted at Seton Hill and I got the continued interest and commitment email while other people waitlisted at Erie got the Top of the Waitlist email

Anybody receive that email for bradenton?

I'm not sure what Seton Hill is sending out. I received my email from Erie.

I'm not sure what Seton Hill is sending out. I received my email from Erie.

Seton Hill sends out an email asking for a confirmation of continued interest as well as if you would attend Seton Hill in the fall if given a seat. That's the email I got.

The people at Erie seem to be getting an email asking if they would like to be moved to the top of the waitlist if they are still interest in attending LECOM

Seton Hill sends out an email asking for a confirmation of continued interest as well as if you would attend Seton Hill in the fall if given a seat. That's the email I got.

The people at Erie seem to be getting an email asking if they would like to be moved to the top of the waitlist if they are still interest in attending LECOM

Actually, I disagree. My first choice was Erie but my second was seton hill (both top choice were PBL) but my email was a "continued interest" email. However, it never specified a specific campus. Erie and Seton Hill are all on one waitlist to my knowledge.

Actually, I disagree. My first choice was Erie but my second was seton hill (both top choice were PBL) but my email was a "continued interest" email. However, it never specified a specific campus. Erie and Seton Hill are all on one waitlist to my knowledge.

Yes I do know that it's one waitlist. I'm not too sure then how they do the emails. Maybe they split it up by rank then? Top of the waitlist for the more competitive candidates? And then Continued Interest emails for the less competitive candidates that they still consider fits their criteria?

Yes I do know that it's one waitlist. I'm not too sure then how they do the emails. Maybe they split it up by rank then? Top of the waitlist for the more competitive candidates? And then Continued Interest emails for the less competitive candidates that they still consider fits their criteria?

i don't believe

I got a top alternate email from Erie and have not been accepted. Starting to worry a little bit now :/

I didn't check with them. Only info I heard what was what posted here about how they are still looking at people who interviewed more recently and haven't looked at the waitlist.
Is it true that sometimes colleges interview someone when it is close to the class start date/orientation (a day or 2 before)? if so, I wonder why they cannot pick someone from WL provided the WL is not done completely..

Is it true that sometimes colleges interview someone when it is close to the class start date/orientation (a day or 2 before)? if so, I wonder why they cannot pick someone from WL provided the WL is not done completely..
I think if it's closer to the start date they would probably pick someone off the waitlist. But I know there were interviews in May and someone mentioned that they were still looking at those May candidates. But I know people who interviewed in April who got off the waitlist already. Tbh I am not even sure how they are picking people off. I just know when I interviewed they told me there weren't any spots really available at the moment.

I think if it's closer to the start date they would probably pick someone off the waitlist. But I know there were interviews in May and someone mentioned that they were still looking at those May candidates. But I know people who interviewed in April who got off the waitlist already. Tbh I am not even sure how they are picking people off. I just know when I interviewed they told me there weren't any spots really available at the moment.

Yeah not really sure how they picking either. I interviewed back in January and got on the waitlist mid march....still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they told me that they were still waiting for students to accept their admission offers.

Yeah not really sure how they picking either. I interviewed back in January and got on the waitlist mid march....still waiting

I interviewed in Feb and received my waitlist letter in March (it took about a month to hear back). I think the school is running a little behind? Idk

I interviewed in Feb and received my waitlist letter in March (it took about a month to hear back). I think the school is running a little behind? Idk

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Have you heard back anything since the waitlist email? Top of alternate list of continued interest email?

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Have you heard back anything since the waitlist email? Top of alternate list of continued interest email?

I got the top alternate email.

I'm convinced they are still reviewing the interviews from May...decent movement should start soon?

Anyone on the waitlist willing to share their stats? I just was curious to see where I stand since I'm probably going to reapply soon. I have not gotten a "top of the waitlist" or "continued interest" email. So here are stats in case you're interested...

Most recent MCAT: 497 (taken three other times, increased score with each time)
Cumulative GPA: 3.80, Science GPA: 3.71
Research experience, lots of volunteering, healthcare experience, decent/good LORs
Interviewed March 16th at Seton Hill

Anyone on the waitlist willing to share their stats? I just was curious to see where I stand since I'm probably going to reapply soon. I have not gotten a "top of the waitlist" or "continued interest" email. So here are stats in case you're interested...

Research experience, lots of volunteering, healthcare experience, decent/good LORs

MCAT: 509
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.4

Last edited:

MCAT-497
GPA-3.48
sGPA-3.2

Lots of shadowing, amazing letters of rec, and lots and lots of extracurriculars