This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LOL 509. My bad

Hahah all good! But damn, it's crazy how even with high Mcats, you can still get waitlisted. I really want to know the criteria they use to select students. I think it would be very interesting to sit in on an admissions decision meeting haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Hahah all good! But damn, it's crazy how even with high Mcats, you can still get waitlisted. I really want to know the criteria they use to select students. I think it would be very interesting to sit in on an admissions decision meeting haha

I'm curious too. Tbh, I think I botched my individual interview. Or there were really competitive students in the interview batch that I was in.

I'm curious too. Tbh, I think I botched my individual interview. Or there were really competitive students in the interview batch that I was in.

Hmmm I see what you mean. I interviewed at SH so it was only a group interview for me. Definitely a weird experience since it was my first group interview. But no idea how they decide or anything

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on the waitlist willing to share their stats? I just was curious to see where I stand since I'm probably going to reapply soon. I have not gotten a "top of the waitlist" or "continued interest" email. So here are stats in case you're interested...

Most recent MCAT: 497 (taken three other times, increased score with each time)
Cumulative GPA: 3.80, Science GPA: 3.71
Research experience, lots of volunteering, healthcare experience, decent/good LORs
Interviewed March 16th at Seton Hill

MCAT: 498
GPA: 3.6
SGPA: 3.4

MCAT - 510
cGPA - 3.36
sGPA - 3.29

Lots of paid clinical experience and great LOR.

Interviewed at SH on 2/17. I felt like the group interview did not go well for any of us in the group. Honestly thought I was going to be rejected and was surprised when I got the alternate list letter. Have not received a top of alternate/continued interest email so my hopes are definitely not up about an acceptance.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I'm not sure. I was accepted to LECOM-Bradenton. Idk if that affects my acceptance to Erie.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm not sure either but congrats on Bradenton!!! At least you're in :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it's the best option for me and my family.

I see what you mean! Well good luck with Erie though! I'm not sure how a Bradenton acceptance affects Erie/SH but it never hurts to call and see if you are still in the running or will be considered for it!

I see what you mean! Well good luck with Erie though! I'm not sure how a Bradenton acceptance affects Erie/SH but it never hurts to call and see if you are still in the running or will be considered for it!

That's a good idea. I'm going to call and ask. No harm in asking, I suppose. Good luck to you too! I really do think that we're going to see some solid movement soon.

That's a good idea. I'm going to call and ask. No harm in asking, I suppose. Good luck to you too! I really do think that we're going to see some solid movement soon.

Yeah never any harm! And thank you! Hopefully man, hopefully! This waiting game is ridiculous haha

This wait is mentally exhausting. It doesn't help that they interview so many people that the alternate list is probably enormous.

Reactions: 1 users
This wait is mentally exhausting. It doesn't help that they interview so many people that the alternate list is probably enormous.

Yeah, in addition I feel like their time schedule is very off too. I wish they would interview people earlier and not wait until the like the last month of the cycle to give out interviews. That way they can make decisions and send out acceptances quicker

For sure. I'm convinced heavy movement at this school doesn't start until next week but it could be July.

For sure. I'm convinced heavy movement at this school doesn't start until next week but it could be July.

Yeah the way it seems like, it hasn't really started yet. Myself and others have gotten the continued interest/top alternate email at the beginning of may yet have seen very little movement. Although there are people saying the admissions decisions from late interviews aren't done yet so definitely a strong chance waitlist isn't being considered just yet

Yeah, I was looking through last year's forum and it seems like many students were accepted 1st-2nd week of July. There are still a few more weeks left!

Looking forward to that moveme

Yeah, I was looking through last year's forum and it seems like many students were accepted 1st-2nd week of July. There are still a few more weeks left!

Oh I didn't know that! Haha maybe there's hope after all!

Is this typically the case? They admit 50% of their waitlist?

I was referring to the post above me saying most likely 50% will get off the waitlist. I have heard for many schools it's like that though

It seems like LECOM hides their waitlist numbers pretty good but if anyone finds anything please share

just a guess, don't take this number for granted..It all depends on how many drop for their better choice. I heard teaching side lecom is not that great of a school so more people could drop.
What do you mean by "teaching side"?

I was waitlisted last year at LECOM. it is a tough pill to shallow when classes start.

If you did not get a "you are top of our waitlist" email, it's time to look at backups. I recommend the LECOM post bacc. They basically gaurentee an acceptance if you get a 3.0 or higher in the program.

You can always do podiatry as well.

I was waitlisted last year at LECOM. it is a tough pill to shallow when classes start.

If you did not get a "you are top of our waitlist" email, it's time to look at backups. I recommend the LECOM post bacc. They basically gaurentee an acceptance if you get a 3.0 or higher in the program.

Is the continued interest (SH Applicants) the same as the top of waitlist email? I know more SH students got the continued interest and intent to attend email

Is the continued interest (SH Applicants) the same as the top of waitlist email? I know more SH students got the continued interest and intent to attend email

During my cycle, it seemed that SH got more love.

But no, not the same.

During my cycle, it seemed that SH got more love.

But no, not the same.

Mmm ok. It seems like all SH applicants got the continued interest and intent to attend email. Idk anyone from SH that got the top of the waitlist email. So maybe it's changed?

Mmm ok. It seems like all SH applicants got the continued interest and intent to attend email. Idk anyone from SH that got the top of the waitlist email. So maybe it's changed?

I did not get a continued interest and intent email and I interviewed at SH. I guess I am SOL

I did not get a continued interest and intent email and I interviewed at SH. I guess I am SOL

SOL? And maybe but apparently they were sending out those emails last week so it's possible you might get the email depending on availability of seats

SOL? And maybe but apparently they were sending out those emails last week so it's possible you might get the email depending on availability of seats

**** out of luck

Did you get a "top alternate" email when you were waitlisted?

When did you receive your acceptance?

I didn't get an acceptance. That's what I'm saying to y'all who didn't get the "top of the waitlist" email, have a backup plan.

I recommend the post bacc here. Either that or podiatry

I didn't get an acceptance. That's what I'm saying to y'all who didn't get the "top of the waitlist" email, have a backup plan.

I recommend the post bacc here. Either that or podiatry
Oooh, gotcha

the whole system sucks! we don't know if we need to prepare for the next cycle as this WL saga continues till next year application deadline

Definitely prepare for next cycle if u didn't get the top of alternate list email. I would also reapply to at least a few schools.