This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jacquean

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too early for a support group on this topic:eyebrow:?? WL for SH campus since 8/2016

Does anyone know if this WL is combined with Erie's? Also perhaps chances! ha

Members don't see this ad.

A current student here. I don't know if LECOM Erie combines their waitlist with Seton Hill, but I do know that LECOM does select students all the way until summer, sometimes as late as a couple of days before school starts. I know a couple of people who literally got their acceptance the day before orientation, so until school starts, you really don't know. Haha, not sure of your chances because I don't know your application, but LECOM does select students they think will fit well with their school, so I guess chances are kind of unpredictable? But I most certainly wouldn't lose hope just yet!

Reactions: 2 users
A current student here. I don't know if LECOM Erie combines their waitlist with Seton Hill, but I do know that LECOM does select students all the way until summer, sometimes as late as a couple of days before school starts. I know a couple of people who literally got their acceptance the day before orientation, so until school starts, you really don't know. Haha, not sure of your chances because I don't know your application, but LECOM does select students they think will fit well with their school, so I guess chances are kind of unpredictable? But I most certainly wouldn't lose hope just yet!

Thanks so much for your reply!! We'll see how I can balance this 'hope' thing hahaa

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they even get to waitlist though? Was anyone accepted from waitlist?

Yea, np! If you have any questions, let me know! And best of luck to your application cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed at SH on 2/17 and got waitlisted a week ago. I reached out to admissions to ask about being on the waitlist for both campuses but haven't received a reply yet.

Nice to know there is a support group!

Reactions: 1 users
Does Erie welcome letters of intent?

I was waitlisted last year, and word on the street is the SH campus is the one that pulls the most off the waitlist.

Erie hardly pulled anyone off. My suspection is because of the post bacc students are offered first dibs on that spot if they maintain the 3.0 in the program.

Reactions: 1 users
I was waitlisted last year, and word on the street is the SH campus is the one that pulls the most off the waitlist.

Erie hardly pulled anyone off. My suspection is because of the post bacc students are offered first dibs on that spot if they maintain the 3.0 in the program.
I hope this isn't true ! Why would Erie amass such a huge waitlist if they don't need to use it ? Did anyone's letter actually say waitlist or does every letter say alternate list ?

Ahhh this makes sense! Were you pulled on SH? If so then when?? Thank you!

I hope this isn't true ! Why would Erie amass such a huge waitlist if they don't need to use it ? Did anyone's letter actually say waitlist or does every letter say alternate list ?
I interviewed on 3/24 and mine says waitlist and not alternate. What is the difference?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 3/24 and mine says waitlist and not alternate. What is the difference?
Mine said alternate list but when I asked lecom they said it's all one list so I'm not sure if it matters at all.

Anyone have a portal change today ? Seems like Tuesday is a common day for changes so just wondering . Good luck to everyone still interviewing or waiting for the waitlist -like me !

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anything we can do at this point to get off the waitlist other than slowly dying from trying to be patient?

Is there anything we can do at this point to get off the waitlist other than slowly dying from trying to be patient?
I wish I knew ! I'm taking more post bac courses to strengthen my app for another year but also hoping I'll be called off waitlist and won't need to reapply!

I wish I knew ! I'm taking more post bac courses to strengthen my app for another year but also hoping I'll be called off waitlist and won't need to reapply!
You and me both! Is LECOM your only waitlist?

Yeah I only applied to lecom for the APAP program because I'm a PA and I don't have the requirements to apply elsewhere !
Best of luck to you! I think they say movement from the waitlist starts in May so we have a bit of time before we should start getting worried. :scared:

If y'all don't get in this year, look into doing the LECOM post bacc. They essentially gaurenteed a spot for people with above a 3.0 in the program

Just accepted off the waitlist this week for dsp

Reactions: 8 users
Just accepted off the waitlist this week for dsp
Congrats which campus ? Was it the APAP program? How did they notify you was it a phone call or portal change then letter ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Erie campus. Traditional 4 yr I believe but need clarification. Don't think anymore APAP seats exist at this point. It was an unexpected letter in US mail.

Just received a letter saying I'm placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 3/6...this was my only interview so I'd be ecstatic if I got in haha rather not go do a post bacc

Did you find out by letter or email? Wondering what form they are notifying us waitlisters

I've been accepted to LECOM Seton Hill and Wait listed at LECOM Bradenton. I feel so guilty moving my family up to Greensburg PA. In Florida, there's an anesthesiology assistant (like PA) program that my fiancee has a great chance of being accepted to. There isn't one anywhere near Greensburg PA. I feel guilty because if we move there, he cannot go to school for that entire time. I'm praying for Bradenton to accept me, so that he can also go to school next year. I sent a letter of intent and have heard nothing. I dunno, y'all.

I've been accepted to LECOM Seton Hill and Wait listed at LECOM Bradenton. I feel so guilty moving my family up to Greensburg PA. In Florida, there's an anesthesiology assistant (like PA) program that my fiancee has a great chance of being accepted to. There isn't one anywhere near Greensburg PA. I feel guilty because if we move there, he cannot go to school for that entire time. I'm praying for Bradenton to accept me, so that he can also go to school next year. I sent a letter of intent and have heard nothing. I dunno, y'all.
It's too bad they don't allow easier movement between the campuses . Fingers crossed for you ! Congrats on the acceptance !

Tell me about it! Thank you! I hope you can do the PA to DO program as well. It would seem that you have such a leg up on everything and you would do so well.

Tell me about it! Thank you! I hope you can do the PA to DO program as well. It would seem that you have such a leg up on everything and you would do so well.
I got accpeted off the waitlist to LECOM Bradenton. I got a phone call and my portal changed. I'm going to give up my seat at LECOM Seton hill. I am from Florida and my fiancee will be going to school here. I am so thankful. I hope this opens a seat for someone in PA

Reactions: 7 users
I got accpeted off the waitlist to LECOM Bradenton. I got a phone call and my portal changed. I'm going to give up my seat at LECOM Seton hill. I am from Florida and my fiancee will be going to school here. I am so thankful. I hope this opens a seat for someone in PA
Congrats I am so happy for you!!!

I'm so glad everything worked out!!! Congrats and good luck on your future endeavors!

Does acceptance to one campus affect our chances of acceptance to another? I was accepted to Bradenton, but waitlisted for Erie :(

Does acceptance to one campus affect our chances of acceptance to another? I was accepted to Bradenton, but waitlisted for Erie :(
No they are separate. I was accepted to Bradenton and waitlisted at Erie. But recently accepted to both.

No they are separate. I was accepted to Bradenton and waitlisted at Erie. But recently accepted to both.
How did they notify you of the acceptance from the Erie waitlist ? Phone , email, snail mail or portal change ? Thanks !

How did they notify you of the acceptance from the Erie waitlist ? Phone , email, snail mail or portal change ? Thanks !
portal change and snail mail!

Just send a letter of intent to LECOM - seton hill, hoping for good news!

Has anyone heard anything back from the waitlist or know when a majority of movement will begin?

Last edited: