2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh I wish my portal updated yesterday like yours, I interviewed 9/1 and am still waiting to hear anything šŸ˜­ Iā€™ve tried to call in to see if someone can tell me when I should expect a letter but no one in admissions is picking up. Iā€™ve also been refreshing the portal like crazy LOL.
i know the struggleeee trust me, but at the same time my opinion is i personally would highly advise against calling them for an update, bc you don't want to sound 1) desperate and sounding as if LECOM is your one and only option and 2) they might see it as impatience. I believe you will have the portal update soon so just sit tight, I know its annoying but it'll happen.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
thats so odd that some people get 14 days and some people 30 days. Maybe you live closer and it takes a shorter time for mail to send... idk? just a guess what state are you from? Im from MI. All in all, I kinda like the physical letter in the mail concept. Idk just the feeling of opening a letter that has ur fate literally sealed inside haha.
Maybe youā€™re right. Iā€™m in NY

Reactions: 1 user
do we get a tracking number or anything for the letter to see when and where it is? or do we just wait

Members don't see this ad :)
do we get a tracking number or anything for the letter to see when and where it is? or do we just wait
I think sign up for informed delivery you can usually see what youā€™re getting the next day

i know the struggleeee trust me, but at the same time my opinion is i personally would highly advise against calling them for an update, bc you don't want to sound 1) desperate and sounding as if LECOM is your one and only option and 2) they might see it as impatience. I believe you will have the portal update soon so just sit tight, I know its annoying but it'll happen.
Honestly youā€™re right, Iā€™m gonna stop calling them šŸ˜­ Thanks for bringing me back to reality LOL. Iā€™m praying that Iā€™ll hear something soon. Also best of luck to you with your decision!!

Honestly youā€™re right, Iā€™m gonna stop calling them šŸ˜­ Thanks for bringing me back to reality LOL. Iā€™m praying that Iā€™ll hear something soon. Also best of luck to you with your decision!!
you too! i wish you the best. I highly appreciate that

Does anyone know if LECOM accepts a letter of intent pre-decision, but post-interview/infosession?
They do, they send you a google form link right before your info session in an email with the info session schedule

Notified via email of A! Portal updated this morning to 14 day message. An email was sent due to delays with USPS apparently. LM 67, interviewed end of October

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted Elmira. 11/3 info session. Ugh . How much movement do they actually get off their waitlist and what are the chances of getting in from previous years wait lists?

Waitlisted Elmira. 11/3 info session. Ugh . How much movement do they actually get off their waitlist and what are the chances of getting in from previous years wait lists?
There is a LOT of movement for all medical schools, but especially osteopathic ones. Many accepted students turn down the A for an MD acceptance and, hence, there ends up being tons of WL movement. Many students are accepted by LECOM off the WL.

Best of luck to you, i hope you eventually get in!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Should I be concerned if my portal went from a 14 day notice back to weā€™ll let you know when a decision has been made? Was feeling hopeful for a min there lol

Should I be concerned if my portal went from a 14 day notice back to weā€™ll let you know when a decision has been made? Was feeling hopeful for a min there lol

Ngl thatā€™s odd. I havenā€™t seen anyone on SDN or Reddit whoā€™s posted about having a similar experience with LECOM

There is a LOT of movement for all medical schools, but especially osteopathic ones. Many accepted students turn down the A for an MD acceptance and, hence, there ends up being tons of WL movement. Many students are accepted by LECOM off the WL.

Best of luck to you, i hope you eventually get in!
Thanks for the hope !

Is waitlist the same as alternative?

No
IMG_1492.jpg

I just got two different answers. šŸ‘½

pretty sure it is, a ton of people have said different things, most ppl have said it is the same thing they just call it that

I donā€™t see why LECOM would have two lists if they served the same purpose though. Multiple people have recently (like today and within the past week) commented their admission outcomes on the other SDN LECOM campus threads and some get WL and some get alt.

pretty sure it is, a ton of people have said different things, most ppl have said it is the same thing they just call it that

I think the biggest difference is that those placed on the WL have been receiving a form with their decisions asking if theyā€™d like to remain on the list or not (see the SDN Erie forum). Iā€™m not sure if alt is receiving that same form or not though.

I think the biggest difference is that those placed on the WL have been receiving a form with their decisions asking if theyā€™d like to remain on the list or not (see the SDN Erie forum). Iā€™m not sure if alt is receiving that same form or not though.
Yes my letter said alternate list and I did also receive a form asking if Iā€™d like to remain on the list..they are exactly the same

I was told that they were ā€œessentiallyā€ the same thing. This is straight from admissions.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes my letter said alternate list and I did also receive a form asking if Iā€™d like to remain on the list..they are exactly the same

Good to know! Iā€™m just passing along info from other people whoā€™ve called LECOM admissions and have apparently received different info

Anyone have a late October info session and not hear anything? No 14 day or 30 day message or whatever

waitlisted yesterday via USPS mail. had the 30 day notice too

I got waitlisted today with no change in my portal at all lol. Does anyone know what their waitlist movement looks like?

I checked my portal and it said that a decision was made and that id receive a letter in 14 days but I didnā€™t get an email of the decision and I donā€™t see the decision anywhere on the portal- is that Normal? Does that mean itā€™s a rejection?

I checked my portal and it said that a decision was made and that id receive a letter in 14 days but I didnā€™t get an email of the decision and I donā€™t see the decision anywhere on the portal- is that Normal? Does that mean itā€™s a rejection?

i got the 30 day message yesterday and i also havenā€™t gotten an email of the decision

You will probably get the email confirming their decision at about the same time your letter arrives in the mail.

Mine was like that and I was waitlisted

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."
I am so sad right now :(

Got this portal update. Info session was 10/6. Last year I got this same message and it was a referral to the MMS program (so rejection).
"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

my info session was 9/29 and my portal says that I will be notified when a decision has been made....

Any current Elmira students lurking here who would be willing to PM me or share their current experiences with the school?

has anyone heard of waitlist movement in december/jan after accepted students decide to put down a deposit or not? or does movement strictly happen around april/may/june? is there even much movement on their waitlist?