KHSC-Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
just received an II! does anyone know if they’re interviewing to fill their class still or if it’s for the waitlist? second II of the cycle, and am super grateful but just don’t want to get my hopes up too high.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
just received an II! does anyone know if they’re interviewing to fill their class still or if it’s for the waitlist? second II of the cycle, and am super grateful but just don’t want to get my hopes up too high.
Well the school just started interviewing in January, so I am sure that their class is not full and they are still offering A's.

All the amazing folks who have been accepted here at KansasCOM, do you mind sharing your stats, MCAT, GPA, and IS or OOS. Has anybody from the March 3rd interview heard anything yet !! Good luck to all of us :)

Congrats on the II! I think the class is not full yet. I just looked at their scheduling and they added more dates so it seems like they're still looking for people. And as previously mentioned, they just started interviewing in January.

Reactions: 1 user
All the amazing folks who have been accepted here at KansasCOM, do you mind sharing your stats, MCAT, GPA, and IS or OOS. Has anybody from the March 3rd interview heard anything yet !! Good luck to all of us :)
I haven't! This Thursday marks 2 weeks so we should be hearing back soon!

Would anybody that was accepted be willing to share their interview experiences with me? Specifically, how did the group activity work? Which types of ethical questions were asked?

Would anybody that was accepted be willing to share their interview experiences with me? Specifically, how did the group activity work? Which types of ethical questions were asked?

I actually really liked the group activity! I had it before my individual interviews, and I thought it was a great way to break the tension and get in the right headspace. There were 5 students and one moderator. Questions were along the lines of good vs. negative impacts doctors can have.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! It feels amazing to finally type that out instead of waitlisted! Congrats to those who also got in, good luck to those interviewing soon!

Interviewed 2/10
Accepted 3/9

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I had a sub-500 MCAT, a 3.5 GPA, 5+ years of clinical laboratory and emergency care experience, IS!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a sub-500 MCAT, a 3.5 GPA, 5+ years of clinical laboratory and emergency care experience, IS!
Congrats! Love to hear the clinical lab experience! I've been working as an MLS the past 6 years

Still haven't heard back. Interviewed on 2/3. Its been nearly 6 weeks which is the latest I should hear from them :(. At this point, I just want a response. Anyone else in the same boat?

Still haven't heard back. Interviewed on 2/3. Its been nearly 6 weeks which is the latest I should hear from them :(. At this point, I just want a response. Anyone else in the same boat?
I interviewed March3 and they told us we should hear back within 2 weeks, so since you're approaching the 6 week mark you'll likely hear back by this weekend at the latest

Good luck!!

I would probably wait until the end of today and then give them a call tomorrow morning since it's been 6 weeks.

I interviewed March3 and they told us we should hear back within 2 weeks, so since you're approaching the 6 week mark you'll likely hear back by this weekend at the latest

Good luck!!
Happy 2-week mark! Hopefully we hear back soon!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email from this school. Sounded like they were looking for more applicants, so I just sent in my aacomas app. GPA 3.4 MCAT 514 OOS

Just got an email from this school. Sounded like they were looking for more applicants, so I just sent in my aacomas app. GPA 3.4 MCAT 514 OOS
I sent in my AACOMAS app yesterday as well! I didn't even know about this school until this week

Yeah I never heard of the school either. It sounds like this is their first class ever.
It is, brand new school that is recruiting applicants for their first class to start August 2022. Some of us have posted the details of the school in prior posts if you guys are interested

Honestly though, it's really cringe that they sent an email like that. Subject: "the time is now." Feels like the Carib emails I used to get.

Honestly though, it's really cringe that they sent an email like that. Subject: "the time is now." Feels like the Carib emails I used to get.
How else should they reachout then?

Hi all, received secondary on 2/1, got II on 2/11, interviewed on 2/19, and received my A on 3/9. It's my only II and A so I've already committed to the school. Would love to start networking with anyone else that received their A and will be attending. Also available to talk to anyone else that has questions about the whole process.

Anybody who received an interview invite or anybody at all going to attend the information session on 03/22?

Last edited:
Hi all, received secondary on 2/1, got II on 2/11, interviewed on 2/19, and received my A on 3/9. It's my only II and A so I've already committed to the school. Would love to start networking with anyone else that received their A and will be attending. Also available to talk to anyone else that has questions about the whole process.
There is a GroupMe: GroupMe

Anybody who received an interview invite or anybody at all going to attend the information session on 03/22?
How did you hear about the Information Session? Did you receive an email ?

Accepted and committed!

Reactions: 6 users
I just got a secondary invite. Does anyone have any idea how close they are to filling the class? Are they still going to be handing out interviews?

Just got the President's email saying I was accepted! Is the Intent to enroll binding? I wanna wait to compare financial aid packages before committing to this school

Just got the President's email saying I was accepted! Is the Intent to enroll binding? I wanna wait to compare financial aid packages before committing to this school
It is not binding but you will lost the $2000 enrollment deposit if you choose to attend a different school. If you attend this school, then the enrollment deposit is applied towards your tuition!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your interview date?

It is not! They said it during the interview and the email says it too. Are you able to access it tho? I keep getting error when I click on it.