KCUMB class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldn't sweat the medical terminology book.

If you have not had Human Anatomy. Take it. Relearning the material is a lot easier than learning it fresh in 6 weeks along with everything else involved in the musculoskeletal section. If you can't take an anatomy class then get a Netter's and a Visual Atlas and study the muscles/nerves/veins. There are websites which help you out with this too. Good tips which will make a large part of your second section a lot easier. Really wish I had known this before starting.

Histology would make some things easier, but not really a big deal. You get a lot of good exposure at the school.

Pathology at KCUMB is TOP NOTCH. Probably the biggest reason graduates from this school compete so well. Dr. Friedlander is the chair of the deptartment and he maintains the web site. www.pathguy.com . He provides a lot of his notes to the public there along with the histology slides he expects. Might be worth your while to scan that website to get an idea of what to expect from "ERF".

Microbiology is a large part of the curriculum the first year. I would have an idea about the major bugs and how to tell them apart. (Gram +/-, coagulase +/-, etc)

Hope these help.

Members don't see this ad.

Try to learn some anatomy before you get here. Either take a gross class or get yourself a Netter's with CD and anatomy BRS and try to learn some muscles. You will not learn a sufficient amount to actually be set for class but at least you will be familiar with it.

Some say that medicinal chem is good prep for pharm. But to be honest most pharm seems to be knowing when not to give a certain drug or what not to give it with.

Physiology, first year you will have Dr. Karius who is top notch. But I would still recommend getting as much physio experience as you can. A lot of bright people struggle with this subject because you really have to be able to conceptualize the informaiton rather than just memorizing it. If you can master physio you will make path, pharm, and some clinical lectures much easier.

I am a third year and did not have anatomy nor histo. I was a nontraditional student and did well. Yes I had to bust my butt but so did others who already had anatomy. If you don't have the time to fit anatomy in the schedule that don't freak out about it. Yes it will be overwhelming but I think it is for most of the class - Musculoskeletal section hits you like a mac truck but everyone lives through it. I promise if you work hard and really put everything you have into it you will come out doing well.

medical terminology book - screw that

in the first few months of school you can join some clubs and get a stedmen's dictionary for free. It comes with a CD rom dictionary which is great - it pronounces the words for you and gives you the meaning of all the roots of the words.

just my two cents

Members don't see this ad :)
My fiance and I are both putting deposits down for KCUMB... so as of now this is where we will be. Not sure where we will live, I am already in KC so looking will not be too hard. We will look around the plaza and in Johnson county (kansas) around where I am now. Looking forward to school starting in the fall!

Sweetlill1 said:
My fiance and I are both putting deposits down for KCUMB... so as of now this is where we will be. Not sure where we will live, I am already in KC so looking will not be too hard. We will look around the plaza and in Johnson county (kansas) around where I am now. Looking forward to school starting in the fall!

I am the fiance she speaks of. Planning to send the money in this week. It is quite a chunk of money to be sending but it is just an early tuition payment. I am excited to meet everyone!

Thanks everyone for the awsome advices. Looks like I will need to do some reading and learning before August.....

on a lighter note, I do want to go somewhere fun this summer, what's everyone doing for the summer? :)

I looked up the kansas city crime rates, I'm really suprised that it even exceeded cities like detriot and chicago......I never would have guessed that the city was THAT bad when I was there for the interview...any thoughts? How bad is it really over there?....call me useless...it's my first time leaving home...kinda concerned...

Dont worry about the city. Just make sure you are living in a decent area. Just like any major city there is crime. You will hear about murders and shootings every night on the news but it is always in bad neighborhoods. you are not going to have problems living in the city. overall it is a very nice city. I know it does not have crime rates exceeding detroit and chicago. there is no way. dont get yourself worried. we are going to be at a great school and we will all be happy there.

I couldn't believe my eyes either when I saw the numbers..check this out..

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004902.html

detriot has total crime index of 8,839.5, kansas city MO has a total crime index of 10,039.5..am i just reading it wrong?

I like the school so much, it's so perfect for me, this crime rate thing is kinda disturbing though

JJcandy said:
I couldn't believe my eyes either when I saw the numbers..check this out..

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004902.html

detriot has total crime index of 8,839.5, kansas city MO has a total crime index of 10,039.5..am i just reading it wrong?

I like the school so much, it's so perfect for me, this crime rate thing is kinda disturbing though

The crime thing really worried me a lot at first also. I have moved a lot but have always lived in medium size cities. However, I really think that the exposure we'll get from the bigger city will be worth having to adjust to a very different culture. When I interviewed I was getting a bagle from some shop that morning. The girl goes "what do you want" but didn't ever once look at me and I just stood there like an idiot because I didn't realize that she was talking to me. Finally I got a slight glance in my direction and it occured to me that she was speaking to me. It's just weird for me that people don't make eye contact. So I definitely have a lot of adjusting! It's a bit scary but I've got to learn how to function in a big city at some point in my life. The biggest thing I'm worried about it driving to and from the school especially after dark. Since I've always been told not to ever drive down prospect or troost after dark. Well that's kind of right where the school is. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of it gets exaggerated too.

Hello,

I put down my deposit, and I am in love with KCUMB! Is anyone interested/know about the D.O./M.B.A program?

zippyjent

The crime rate came as a big shock to me too.
I came from Portland, OR which is about the same size as KC and has 1/2 the police force.
Nowhere near the number of violent crimes in Portland though. I have my ideas about why, but I will keep them to myself. I think this year in KC is unusually bad with the record number of homocides.

The area around the school is not the best, but the administration maintains great security and we are working on some small upgrades to improve campus security as well.

My observation is that the area around the school is on the upswing. The school is starting some huge capital improvements in the area. Century towers is the home of some city services (fire, police, Homeland security).

North seems to be a pretty good place to live, near country club plaza is probably ok.
Within sight of the school a new condo has gone up. Not a bad idea to buy a condo or house since home prices are pretty low.

There is a place north of the river called North Brighton something or another. Looks like a good deal. Many student live there, especially the ones with families.

K

I want to live in CT, is that safe? or it is going to be like don't go outside after dark...is there a grocery store close-by?
Do you guys think I will need a car for safety reasons?

Members don't see this ad :)
zippyjent said:
Hello,

I put down my deposit, and I am in love with KCUMB! Is anyone interested/know about the D.O./M.B.A program?

zippyjent

I am interested in it. I discussed it with one of our PRN docs who has his own practice and he thinks its a great idea. The only concern I have is that I'm not sure I want to stay in KC for my rotations and it requires you to stay there. I'm also not sure if I'm going to have a private practice or not. I think if you are pretty sure you will have a private practice or you are wanting to go into hospital administration it is a great idea. I'm not exactly sure what the application process for it is. I briefly looked over it awhile back but right now I'm just focusing on getting done with my undergrad and getting moved to KC. But I've taken business accounting and economics classes as undergrad just to get some preparation for owning a practice. So this degree immediately sparked my interest.

lets keep talking guys. we cant let our class fall to the bottom of the page.

Sweetlill1 said:
lets keep talking guys. we cant let our class fall to the bottom of the page.

I agree..
Is it just me, or there's not too many of us on SDN? I don't see many KCUMB discussions on any of the threads....wierd...what's with all the enthusiasm with DMU? KCUBM is WAY better (lol..okayokay, kidding, any DMUers please don't start yelling at me or something) :p ;)

yeah, strange isn't it. Anyone have exciting plans the summer before we start?

bet you anything it's because the DMUers get laptops, that's why they are online so much more :idea:

I've got a problem, I think I just screwed up really bad on my 50% zoology final because of all the classes missed for interviews. Worst case scenerio, i might get a C- in that course, it's not a pre-req, but a high level course in parasitology. Are they going to take back my acceptance?? :eek: :confused: :( . I had three finals in 2 days, I did well in the other two, but this one completely slaughtered me......

I'm kinda in the same situation jjcandy. I did worse on my last MCAT this time but found out after my acceptance at KCUMB. Everyone I asked said not to worry about it and that there's little chance my invitation will be revoked. I released my scores so KCUMB will find out anyways, but I'm still paranoid. :scared: JJcandy, I think adcoms will understand if your GPA is competitive. One class won't do you in. I bet if you send in the other grand in right now you could drop out of school, rob a bank, do time in jail and still have your seat next fall. ;)

hey nrddct, you seriously don't need to worry about that second MCAT score. It's not like they sent you an conditional acceptance asking you to take the MCAT again. They are already satisfied with what you have and they don't need to see anymore MCAT scores (good or bad). Don't worry about that AT ALL (even though knowing us premed and med students, few of us actually understand the meaning of relaxing..lol).

Anyway, just found out my marks today. Apparently, I didn't do as bad as I thought on that final (or maybe my prof curved), but phew......can finally relax and enjoy the holidays now! :laugh:

merry christmas everyone

So I guess I am likely CT bound afterall. JJCandy are you still too? Who else is planning on staying at CT?

I think you can probably find better deals in KC but I like the thought of staying in a building with other students and having other people to walk to and from class with. I also like the whole "walking" to class idea. I've never been much for commuting.

Hey guys and gals! I accepted my seat at KCUMB! I have a family so living in a decent area is a must! Is North Brighton (sp) on the KS side or MO side?

I grew up in a high crime neighborhood, but as long as you don't walk down the street by yourself at night and as long as when you hear gun fire and lay flat on your stomach--you outta be alright! (<-----somewhat kidding!) :D

All that worrying for nothing jjcandy. :) I guess what you said makes sense about my mcat, thanks.

I'm interested in staying at CT. The convenience factor is a big plus although I was put off a little b/c they don't have garaged parking. I wonder how early we should contact CT about reserving a spot?

Hope everyone had an awsome Christmas. I personally had too much food and too little sleep...lol...absolutely amazing

I already sent in my request for a room in CT, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be CT next year. I too love the whole walking to school idea :). Hope we'll be neighbors Ambernickle!

Nrddct, I'm also concerned about parking in a open lot....btw, anyone know how bad is the vandalism? Another question, do I need a car if I'm just living across the street from the school? How's the transportation in kansas city? Is everyone getting a car?

A car is pretty important for grocery shopping, or basically doing anything... the area that the school is in is not too open to walking around for these types of thing... I would bet that almost everyone has a car... I am not sure where I will be living yet... definitely not CT though... my fiance and I are looking into purchasing a condo or townhouse... I hope everyone has a great winter break... and to answer the what you are doing next summer question... I will be planning my wedding (and finishing/defending my masters practicum)...

Congrats class of 2010. You're going to attend a very good medical school. You'll also be surrounded by some very good people within your class and within the school.
Yes, the school has many problems, quirks, issues, and b.s. Yes, medschool is not easy. Yes, it's in the middle of the ghetto. Yes, KC crime rates are very high. But, the school has many more positives than negatives, and overall, it is still a very good investment in your own future. And you'll make it through. ERF is awesome, so is Dr. Karius, Dr. Johnston, and many others.
Safety-wise, common sense practices are in order around the campus area, but campus itself is very safe. The most serious problems we are having with safety are 2 or 3 breakins into cars in the outlying parking lots a year. Security is always on campus, and the donut shop and hose-monkey hangout (err...KCMO police & fire depts) are kitty corner. CT is safe and convenient.
Take these last few months to really enjoy whatever you enjoy doing. Good luck.
If you have any questions, feel free to pm or AIM me

Sweetlill1, I'm finishing up my masters as well although at this point its the last thing I want to do. I'm working on my paper this break which really sucks and its a beautiful sunny 80 degrees today. +pity+ I really feel like quiting my program since I only signed up for it to boost my application. Now, it wouldn't matter eitherway.

What do have to do to reserve a spot at CT?

nrddct said:
Sweetlill1, I'm finishing up my masters as well although at this point its the last thing I want to do. I'm working on my paper this break which really sucks and its a beautiful sunny 80 degrees today. +pity+ I really feel like quiting my program since I only signed up for it to boost my application. Now, it wouldn't matter eitherway.

What do have to do to reserve a spot at CT?

Hey nrddct-

What part of Texas are you in? I am in San Antonio, and we are having great weather right now. Also, what masters are you doing? I am in the MPH program at UTHSC-SA. Just wondering.

FW right now. I'm doing a masters in clinical research management over at TCOM. Hows your MPH going? Did you interview at TCOM this cycle?

Is everyone getting laptops? The student ambassadors said we didn't really need them b/c there are plenty around campus. Also there's no wireless connection. I wonder if CT has wireless capabilities?

nrddct said:
Is everyone getting laptops? The student ambassadors said we didn't really need them b/c there are plenty around campus. Also there's no wireless connection. I wonder if CT has wireless capabilities?

CT's wireless is in the study area and lounge, neither are strong enough to reach your room though. If you like to study in the those areas a laptop is a good idea because you'll be downloading a lot of stuff off of blackboard throughout the year. Not to mention using online resources.
If you're like me and just study in your room then you can just use a desktop.
If you study on campus (in smith or the library) then theres computers all over the place so you would not need a laptop.

nrddct said:

I already have a new laptop that we got over the summer thinking I would have to have one anyway for school next fall. I really hope they get the wireless internet going at the campus quickly.

ambernikel said:
I already have a new laptop that we got over the summer thinking I would have to have one anyway for school next fall. I really hope they get the wireless internet going at the campus quickly.

I really hope they build a parking garage before I go. :)

Hey all,

KCUMB first year here wanting to give congrats to all of you incoming, and with my own 2 cents from the last 6 months.

Security: Living in CT is probably safer than most suburbs. There's a passkeyed security fence, passkeyed security doors at the only entrance, and private security. Homeland Security, the KC Police and Fire Depts have offices in the building.

KCUMB isn't in a very good neighborhood, but most medical schools are in the same boat. The only time I'd be worried would be walking around in the dead of night, and when students actually are on campus at night (study hall before exams, late-night anatomy lab sessions, etc.) they drive or catch a ride.

Books: IMO the Medical Terminology book isn't worth the money - you can google or look up in Stedman's any term you're unfamiliar with, and I would guess most incoming med students have enough of an outside interest in medicine that they've already got the basics down. The 1st 6 weeks (Foundations of Medicine) is 95% a crash course in undergrad sciences anyway (no medical terminology needed).

Gray's Anatomy, IMO, wouldn't be worth it (whoever asked about it). Better to get Moore-Dalley's Anatomy if you really want to read ahead (which is taught from, and a lot of the anatomy exam questions come from the blue-boxed highlights).

Previous Classwork: I was lucky - I studied Micro in undergrad, and had some really good professors - a lot of fellow first years with no previous Micro experience were cursing about the Bug Parade that had been pounded into me already.

Having Biochem and Genetics in undergrad helped, too. I had undergrad Vertebrate Anatomy with dissection, but even though I did well in that class, Anatomy turned out to be the toughest subject for me so far.

High Points Of KCUMB: #1 on my list, and this is what really sold me on coming to KCUMB, is the cooperation and helpfulness of the students and the faculty. Just to brag on the class of 2009 for a lil' bit, it really is amazing how helpful and nice my classmates are. Multiple students post up study guides and important points of every lecture, students post mock quiz questions and write up charts and diagrams. There aren't any nasty type of gunners in my class (the ones who would do anything to get a better class standing). Most of the teaching faculty is the same way - everyone is out to help the medical student succeed, which can really help you out if you're stuck needing help.

I really like the Genesis curriculum, which is the case study, section-based class material organization, as opposed to the traditional subject by subject organization. For me personally it helps with learning and retention.

The facilities and resources are great at KCUMB and at CT. Study halls at CT and at Smith Hall are well-furnished and nice and quiet, and they help me cut out the distractions. There's an incredible amount of study material available on the internet - I haven't taken looseleaf or notebook lecture notes since the first section, all I have to do most of the time is annotate the study material during lecture. Great workout facilities are at both KCUMB and CT, if that's your thing.

Living at CT, I've saved hundreds of dollars every month not having to drive, except to make supply runs or to go out and celebrate after exams. It's more expensive up front to live at CT then elsewhere, but to me, the difference is made up in gas and the almost-all-bills-paid-for at CT. Heck, I'd pay the difference just so I don't have to get up and drive any earlier than I have to for those 7:00 am exams.

Gripes At KCUMB: The guest lecturers have sometimes been hit and miss. Some of them are wonderful, with lots of anecdotes and helpful hints, but some aren't so great.

Living 15 minutes away from decent shopping (Wal-Mart, Target, malls, etc) can be a drag sometimes, especially with winter weather.

There's also a very small but vocal minority in my class which seems to be really spoiled. They complain about everything from the classroom temperature to extra learning material and quiz grades not getting posted fast enough online. I don't know how to break this to them, but at one point medical students actually had to go to lectures and take down their own notes.

yea it is a great place, and my first choice. you should be aware that it is
not a perfect world though, and my whole point in posting this is only to
point out that it is not perfect, but otherwise a very fine instituion.

problem 1: tests are not graded quickly. currently you could find most other
medical schools that are computerized testing which gives an immediate grade(just like the usmle and comlex)... but as it is not, its hand graded and hand entered into a system for you to see several days later. this year was the first year for even putting it onto the internet, whereas previously, it was all printed and posted.

problem 2: no wireless access and the last noted response to the class is
that there will be no wireless access this year. they said they have plans
to consider wireless internet access but no solid plans to implement at this
time.

problem 3: the teaching staff is great, however this institution is not run
by the teaching staff, and as such, there were a number of teachers who
recently left, resulting in a number of visiting teachers getting called in.
thus far the students have received no notification about any of this.

problem 4: the disection lab is pretty nice, except that it is small, and
that your class is broken up into 2 shifts to do disection. each shift will
share in the disecting, so you get to take part in half of the lab, once a
week.

problem 5: CT security is not that good. my boyfriend got up to my apartment room without ever using a security key. the security guard just let him in his car in the parking gate, and someone else let him in the front door. not that i was unhappy about him being there, the fact remains, secuirty is not tight.

problem 6: yes there are people who complain about small things a lot,
however they must do it in a "professional" manner or they will have it on
their permanent record about some vague incident of unprofessionalism that
cannot be taken off.

problem 7: you cannot protest test questions. we have been notified that
even if a professor says a question was graded improperly, that the tests
will not change if it has been more than a few days. that is a problem
because we never get tests back until at least 3-4 days later. we took our finals december 17, and have yet to hear anything about them. we have been told maybe friday of next week, or the week after because they do not have enough time to enter the grades in.

problem 8: there are a number of small but annoying problems throughout the
system. one that bascially you should get set up with a tutor as early as
you can. you do not have to, but everyone will be trying to as much as they
can to get ahead, and the tutors know little tricks about what you will be
tested over, thus making you more efficient. if you dont do this, then you
could easily fall behind. another is that a number of the study areas are
nice, but you can sign up for them in advance thus preventing anyone else
from using them. these are not big issues, but are annoying. also unless you
are very early in the alphabet, plan on staying on campus until 5pm everyday
because you will have 4 hr lectures in the morning, skip 1-3 hrs, and
probably have a lab from 4-5pm. this will be consistent throughout the year,
simply because of your name.

problem 9: though i am told this is a first this year, there are mostly us girls here, so the boys have it pretty good.

make sure you talk to as many ppl as you can to learn the tricks to how
things work to help you get your gpa as high as possible.

it is a good school, its tough, but it is not perfect so dont let anyone
tell you that it is.

;)

thanks for the input jason lee, and cooldreams, I'd like to hear more. That professionalism stuff sounds kinda wacky. Also if there are plans to computerize the testing system in the future? Hopefully soon?

Are lectures recorded for the students?

Cooldreams, I was wondering about the anatomy class as well. Seems like the students really get short changed since theyre only able to do half the dissections. Did this affect your scores when it came time to take the practicals? I would be pissed if the other group performed a crappy dissection.

nrddct said:
thanks for the input jason lee, and cooldreams, I'd like to hear more. That professionalism stuff sounds kinda wacky. Also if there are plans to computerize the testing system in the future? Hopefully soon?

Are lectures recorded for the students?

Cooldreams, I was wondering about the anatomy class as well. Seems like the students really get short changed since theyre only able to do half the dissections. Did this affect your scores when it came time to take the practicals? I would be pissed if the other group performed a crappy dissection.

in dissection it did not matter how good or bad we had done actually :laugh: ... you just have to be able to pass the practical at the end of the section. that means coming down there often to see what the other groups did, and then to review a lot.

lectures for the most part are not recorded, and you are not allowed to ask to record them. i think ive seen ppl record them them though without asking, but i dont know for sure. i do know that notepool records the lectures but its a pain to use because it is just on the cassette tape and not digital.

sometimes they record lectures from professors who are visiting, but i dont know much more about that, like if it is even available to the students or not. i would guess they are.

so there really is no scribe service for lectures?

nrddct said:
so there really is no scribe service for lectures?

there is notepool, but its really not too popular with the class since so many people post their own notes anyways. it just depends on your class. plus ive heard that many of the teachers do not like notepool, so there is a little bit of a stigma against it in the administration.

well, I'll certainly take these issues into consideration. TCOM doesn't have any of these issues and is about $25k cheaper per year. I just have to be sure and match on Feb 1.

if those issues are not that big a deal to you, then also look at residency placement and comlex/usmle pass rates between the schools. actually this is the information you should make your decision off of. unfortunately i have no idea what tcom looks like.

your number 3 choice maker would be tuition. it is these 3 issues that will stay with you the longest. the other things are just to make your life more or less relaxing while at med school- and that is only 2 yrs of ur life.

Thank you so much Cooldreams and Jason Lee for the valuable posts. :thumbup:

just some follow up questions

1. guest instructors, how often do you guys get them? Will there

2. How strict is the code of professionalism, how will it effect you overall grade, can wearing jeans to class once get you big ugly marks for code of professionalism, will it effect your chances at certain residencies? (be it good or bad)

3. More girls than guys, really? KCUMB is probably the first med school with more girls than guys. Are we talking about more than 60 percent girls?

4. What's with the teachers leaving? Is this a growing trend? Do the school not treat the professors very well? How many actual practicing physicians do KCUMB have in the teaching faculty? Were those replacement teachers very bad?

5. At my interview we got to check out the first year and second year lectures. There was a lady recording the lecture at the back of the lecture. Is that only for the school? Students are not allowed access to those tapes?

thank you for your help
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday

follow up questions

1. guest instructors, how often do you guys get them?

depends, they seem to be basically filling in for the other teachers and we have MANY per section so its not a huge deal. and these teachers are pretty good.

2. How strict is the code of professionalism, how will it effect you overall grade, can wearing jeans to class once get you big ugly marks for code of professionalism, will it effect your chances at certain residencies? (be it good or bad)

i dont honestly know. i do know that once it gets on your record it basically stays there, and yes it will affect your residency placement. there are ways to get positive marks. this professionalism thing is not something scare you off though. kcumb is kind of ahead of other schools in this aspect since i believe that it will be mandatory in a few years for all schools.

3. More girls than guys, really? KCUMB is probably the first med school with more girls than guys. Are we talking about more than 60 percent girls?

more like 51% to 49%.... but still... with other schools 60+% guys.....

4. What's with the teachers leaving? Is this a growing trend? Do the school not treat the professors very well? How many actual practicing physicians do KCUMB have in the teaching faculty? Were those replacement teachers very bad?

no idea. the teachers that left were supposed to be pretty good. but the teachers we have now are very good too.

5. At my interview we got to check out the first year and second year lectures. There was a lady recording the lecture at the back of the lecture. Is that only for the school? Students are not allowed access to those tapes?

if those tapes are notepool tapes, then you have to be a member of notepool to use them probably. beyond that i dont know.

Is my memory not serving me right? At my interview, the tour guide told us when we were in the lecture hall, that notes are already printed (packets) and are placed on the table for you to pick up before class.

Raven Feather said:
Is my memory not serving me right? At my interview, the tour guide told us when we were in the lecture hall, that notes are already printed (packets) and are placed on the table for you to pick up before class.

no, that is correct. just that the notes printed are not always what they are lectureing in class. they have notes they give out, and then they typically lecture on a power point presentation.

then after the lectures, many of the classmates post their notes taken in class. you are tested over both the handed out stuff, the lecture, and reading assignments.

are the powerpoints available for download before class?

Also is there a test bank of some sort? I'm concerned that there are soo many different lecturers b/c everyone has a different teaching style and it will be hard to anctipate what will be on an exam. I often study everything only to find that I concentrated on the wrong details.

nrddct said:
are the powerpoints available for download before class?

Also is there a test bank of some sort? I'm concerned that there are soo many different lecturers b/c everyone has a different teaching style and it will be hard to anctipate what will be on an exam. I often study everything only to find that I concentrated on the wrong details.

often they are up, it depends on the teacher. many times they are updating it right up and to the lecture...

test bank, no not really. there is a pathology quizing bank, but that is the only one, though it seems to hit on most other stuff too. the questions are supposed to be based on learning objectives. study the objectives and you are in theory studying what you will be tested over. they try to make that pretty consistent.

Hi All,

My interview at KCUMB is on 2/7. I think my chances are fairly good. It is my first pick.

BTW - I have lived in the KC area for 13 years so if any of you have general questions about the area, let me know. Also, I have a family and am 41 so I can relate with some of you older students who are bringing a spouse and kids. Let me know if you have questions.

Gyark said:
Hi All,

My interview at KCUMB is on 2/7. I think my chances are fairly good. It is my first pick.

BTW - I have lived in the KC area for 13 years so if any of you have general questions about the area, let me know. Also, I have a family and am 41 so I can relate with some of you older students who are bringing a spouse and kids. Let me know if you have questions.

Awesome! I have a family I will be bringing. I will pm you later (gotta go to work). I hope you get in! You can also pm me for any interview tips. I had my interview on 11/10.