KCUMB Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorofDelight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I support your cause.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Best part of being a med student: not being a pre-med student. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Wow the couple weeks before our "PEP week" are going to be a doozie

Was totally planning to do that bioethics essay over the weekend. Didn't remember until about 11 last night, and decided going to bed would be a better idea.

That stupid bioethics....

Well, now that I've checked in I shall go back to pretending I can learn all 300+ structures for MSK....

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah...that and I really wish I didn't feel like I don't belong here all the time..... :)

Why's that?

Does anyone remember or have a decent estimate of how many "tendon" questions there were on the practical? I may have screwed up on a few of them by only putting the muscle. I did catch myself on a couple though but it's annoying me...

Um, I only had 2 or 3 of those. If there are more then I really don't want to know. It would destroy me.

Anyone think it is funny that the tutors, current medical students, were able to hand grade our mock practical and they are saying it will take til Friday to have the real one graded? Ha

Anyone think it is funny that the tutors, current medical students, were able to hand grade our mock practical and they are saying it will take til Friday to have the real one graded? Ha

Do the tutors get to grade the actual practical?

Lost sleep last night thinking about that stupid practical and how many questions I screwed up on. Now I think I failed it.

I missed a few. One of them was very obvious and I still managed to get it wrong.

Lol @ the perforating artery emails they must have gotten.

Yeah I had maybe 3???

And I just feel dumb most of the time....

I feel dumb all the time as well. You have to remember some of these students have their Masters or PhD.

Do the tutors get to grade the actual practical?

I missed a few. One of them was very obvious and I still managed to get it wrong.

Lol @ the perforating artery emails they must have gotten.

I feel dumb all the time as well. You have to remember some of these students have their Masters or PhD.
No. I was just pointing out how fast the tutors were able to hand grade each test compared to how long they are estimating for the real practical.

And that email was pretty funny. Sadly though, it seemed like they were getting a bit of hate mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
What exactly happened with the perforating artery? All I got was the "pls stahp emailing me" email from the prof but I don't get what's going on.

There was a perforating artery in practical but it was taken off the list of things we had to know.

On top of that I believe only 3 of them were shown.

Some students made a big deal about it. It will probably be taken off.

Maybe we should submit that we get the raw score soon after a test to SGA

Maybe we should submit that we get the raw score soon after a test to SGA

Well, I can confirm that not everyone in the class took the test Friday....so maybe they can't reveal it until everyone has taken it??

But I agree with you. Raw data on who did take it would be great.....

We're done with MSK! Cardio Pulm is next... o_O

Apparently 10-15 people have already dropped out.
10-15!?! Really? That is crazy. I was talking to a second year the other day about this and they said only 4 have dropped out of their class. I don't know how true that is though.
Who did you hear that from?

hey got a minute to talk about why u picked kcumb and likes/dislikes I heard it is boot camp ish but is it really more intense than other do schools? any comments?

potential future kcumb student

1 student has been dismissed, 1 on leave of absence. Straight from the Dean!

I need to stop listening to rumors.

Final grades are up! I passed MSK!

Woot woot!

---
Did anyone hear the USMLE Step 1 average? I heard it was mentioned during the presentation @ lunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I need to stop listening to rumors.

Final grades are up! I passed MSK!

Woot woot!

---
Did anyone hear the USMLE Step 1 average? I heard it was mentioned during the presentation @ lunch.
225 I think, I was playing games on the iPad so I could be wrong :)

What was the tone of the school when they reported their USMLE Step 1 average of 225? It's below the national average.

Basically a "that is ok, but no longer good enough for you or future classes"

Don't ever let below average be your mark of acceptable. Strive for more.

FWIW, I'm a KCUMB M4

Those students had to pick up some slack on a few subjects that is more pertinent on USMLE compared to COMLEX.

I would say given the circumstances, 225 is a respectable score.

41 lectures and 3 anatomy labs. So a LOT less lab but more lecture.

Also are any of you guys studying for bioethics yet?
I'm fitting that bad boy in between the pcm exam and the test. I can't imagine it's going to be hard.

Wow just saw the class of 2018 stats: 27.6 MCAT, 3.63 GPA. MCAT score was higher than I expected.

On another note, can you guys believe that 1st semester is more than half over?

I would really like that number to be 28 or even 29.

Can you believe it has only been ~3 months since school started?

We will finish CP in about 4 weeks, have Thanksgiving break, 3 weeks of GI, end with winter break.

It went by so fast!

I would really like that number to be 28 or even 29.

Can you believe it has only been ~3 months since school started?

We will finish CP in about 4 weeks, have Thanksgiving break, 3 weeks of GI, end with winter break.

It went by so fast!
I was expecting it to be higher as well. I'm sure next year it will go up if dubin has any say in the matter. RVU was pretty stat heavy.

I was expecting it to be higher as well. I'm sure next year it will go up if dubin has any say in the matter. RVU was pretty stat heavy.

I see it only going up from here on.
I was surprised it was as low as it was as old/established as kcumb is....

I see it only going up from here on.
I was surprised it was as low as it was as old/established as kcumb is....
I think the class before us was 26.something wasn't it? Should be interesting to see how we do on boards.

What's the thought on next week's schedule? Sure we only have 1 lecture but 3 PCM labs in 1 week with OS lab thrown in? Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, next week is going to rough. At least we don't have as many CP lectures as last week.

Next week is going to be super fun!!! (Buckets of sarcasm.....)

Group A also has their 3rd interview...yay.

Also, not looking forward to anymore of those wonderfully effective learning catalytics exercises.....