KCUMB class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nrddct

carlover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know its still early in the game but lets hear from those that got accepted and what your plans are. Considering anymore interviews? Any other acceptances? Anyone have to wait till Feb or later for other schools and possibly lose the $2K deposit required at KCUMB?

I'll start. Got my acceptence letter dated Sept 28th!!! Also interviewed at TCOM. Have to wait till Feb for the Texas match. However did poorer on the August MCAT so I'm in limbo right now.

Members don't see this ad.

KCUMB 2010 Here I come. We are putting together our 1K to put down (yes we're poor). In the mean time just waiting for the slim chance at OSU but I've pretty much made my mind up and, at this point, KCUMB is my TOP CHOICE. The school just fits me and all the docs I work with that went there are awesome... So as my dad likes to sing to me "Kansas City here I come, come, come".

Current KCUMB students, any ideas on good (and inexpensive) housing areas besides downtown? I'm thinking Independence. What do you think about the daily commute?

Thanks!

i'm still interviewing and all that good stuff, but going to kcumb seems to be not a too remote possibility. i liked the school more than ccom and comp. we'll see about umdnj-som and dmu, and i'll probably accept an interview offer if i get it from osu.

i probably won't know about ohsu, my state school, until mid to late spring, so i'll have to make a deposit regardless of that.

have you guys thought about where you'd like to live? the plaza seems expensive, but i'd like to live close to that.

Members don't see this ad :)
exlawgrrl said:
i'm still interviewing and all that good stuff, but going to kcumb seems to be not a too remote possibility. i liked the school more than ccom and comp. we'll see about umdnj-som and dmu, and i'll probably accept an interview offer if i get it from osu.

i probably won't know about ohsu, my state school, until mid to late spring, so i'll have to make a deposit regardless of that.

have you guys thought about where you'd like to live? the plaza seems expensive, but i'd like to live close to that.

I'm trying to figure out the best place for me and my family (no kids just animals) to live. I posted a question about this in the Osteopathic forum for current KCUMB students. I've heard that if you go around the plaza it's cheap but it's not a great neighborhood. Most of my info is from the docs I work with but all of them went there >10 years ago so a lot has changed since.

ambernikel said:
I'm trying to figure out the best place for me and my family (no kids just animals) to live. I posted a question about this in the Osteopathic forum for current KCUMB students. I've heard that if you go around the plaza it's cheap but it's not a great neighborhood. Most of my info is from the docs I work with but all of them went there >10 years ago so a lot has changed since.

well, i know the plaza itself is safe, but i can see that the area around it might be a little iffy. i guess i don't really care because safety is not a huge thing with me -- i figure lots of places are safer than people make them out to be. i definitely want a more urban than suburban thing, but we'll see.

we have cats, not dogs, so we don't need much space. :) i saw one super evil complex, though, that required that your cats be declawed. sorry, but i'm not going to mutilate my cats to get a certain apartment. :thumbdown:

Howdy, glad I finally got some reponses. ;) When ya'll say Plaza do you mean century towers? I'm gonna be sending my december deposit in a week or two. Chances are high that I will be going to Kansas right now. CT would be cheap ($300 or so) if I got a roommate but not sure if I want that arrangement. A one bedroom goes for about $500 there. Any other recommendations on where to live?

nrddct said:
Howdy, glad I finally got some reponses. ;) When ya'll say Plaza do you mean century towers? I'm gonna be sending my december deposit in a week or two. Chances are high that I will be going to Kansas right now. CT would be cheap ($300 or so) if I got a roommate but not sure if I want that arrangement. A one bedroom goes for about $500 there. Any other recommendations on where to live?

Nope, I'm talking about the Country Club Plaza, which is really close to Westport, where the recommended hotels were. I don't know about CT, either -- I think it might drive me crazy to live that close to the school and to have all my neighbors be med students. :)

Have you checked out craigslist -- they seem to have lots of apartment listings there.

no more love for KCUMB

nrddct said:
no more love for KCUMB

I don't know, I'm conflicted. I'm waiting to hear from DMU and got into COMP and CCOM, so I'm trying to figure out where I should plunk down the deposit. I did really like KCUMB, and Kansas City is definitely doable. My family's in Oklahoma, so it's be nice to be close but not so close that we'd see each other all the time.

exlawgirl, there does'nt seem to be much enthusiasm for KCUMB. Maybe I should think about applying to more schools? I've interviewed at TCOM and have to wait till Feb for the TX match to take place. I'm sure there are alot of factors to consider when choosing a school, but the most important for me would be the quality of the program. I think TCOM is pretty reputable and has very good residency matches. Couldn't find KCUMBs match list. I always said prior to getting in that I would go where ever accepted me. Now that I got in, I want more options to choose from. ;)

Yeah, I'd really like it if they posted their match list. I did find tons of KCUMB grads in the psych program at UMKC, so that's positive -- psych's my top choice. I'm going to have to search out more of the KCUMB scoop. Positives seem to be that it has high board pass rates, cheap cost of living, omm seems to emphasized (maybe?) and they're starting to do more research. Kansas City is a positive for me, too, because it feels sort of homey. It's only about five hours from where I grew up.

Too bad the search is down for everyone except donors.

I've got an acceptance from KCUMB, but I'm still waiting for an answer from PCOM, so I'll know by thanksgiving. I loved the school though. The student body and faculty seemed great, and I have a friend going there who loves it. My only problem is the city. I'd rather live in Philadelphia. Also, PCOM's facilities were better than KCUMB's, although I liked the students at Kansas better.
just my 2 cents

Hi guys,
I am from class of 2006, thought I would offer some advice on housing since no one else has chimed in.
Lots of students stayed at CT, but the area is not the best and not very close to shopping from what I understand.
Theres a bunch of "family oriented" students that stayed north of the school and seemed to like it, but I think the commute kind of sucks.
Myself, I stayed close to the plaza, off of Roanoke and 45th. Lots of students stay in that area. I had a one bedroom with A/C for $500. It kind of depends on what you want personally. I liked the plaza area myself.
Hope that helps, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
DrSmiles said:
Hi guys,
I am from class of 2006, thought I would offer some advice on housing since no one else has chimed in.
Lots of students stayed at CT, but the area is not the best and not very close to shopping from what I understand.
Theres a bunch of "family oriented" students that stayed north of the school and seemed to like it, but I think the commute kind of sucks.
Myself, I stayed close to the plaza, off of Roanoke and 45th. Lots of students stay in that area. I had a one bedroom with A/C for $500. It kind of depends on what you want personally. I liked the plaza area myself.
Hope that helps, good luck!

Cool, thanks, DrSmiles! $500 is so cheap. "Family-oriented" is not my style (my cats don't exactly care what neighborhood I live in :) ), and the Plaza sounds very cool.

For $500, does that get you a newer apartment around the Plaza. I just want something simple, neat, and clean.

$500 was for a refinished older brick apartment. A lot of the older apartments in the area have been redone and now have better insulation (for noise and heat) and include air conditioning. The closer you get to the actual Plaza, the higher the rent. But there are lots of apartments within walking distance to the plaza for a fairly decent price. Many of them will take pets too. If you go straight down Roanoke Street you will find lots of reasonably priced apartments. This is 6 miles from the school and only a few blocks from the plaza.

I guess I will throw in my two cents. I am from the class of 2006, therefore a 4th year student. The curriculum at KCUMB is top notch. I was incredibly impressed as I went through my first two years of medical education. I also would like to add that I have done great on both USMLE and COMLEX board examinations, and I contribute this to the fantastic curriculum at KCUMB. On another note, I actually live in Overland Park, which is on the southern side of the metro. This is a little bit on the expensive side, but has been great for my husband and I. The only problem with living out here for me was that several of my friends/classmates lived on the north side of the city. We often had to meet in the plaza, so that it wouldn't be a 45 min drive. I think that Century Towers may be a great place for single people, as you met many of your classmates and have more opportunities socially. Obviously the plaza is a fantastic place to live. It is close to school and a beautiful area of Kansas City. I hope this helps...

Obviously I am a fourth year so I have not went through the match yet but I can add where I will be interviewing for those who are curious. I am applying to Categorical Internal Medicine and I applied allopathic. I have interviews at University of Minnesota, University of Kansas, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Loyola University, Rush University, University of Illinois-Chicago, Michael Reese Hospital-Chicago, Tufts University, St. Elizabeth's-Boston, Georgetown University, Washington Hospital Center, Johns Hopkins-Sinai Hospital, and Albert Einstein-Philadelphia. I think that KCUMB has a great match rate from what I have heard in the past.

ct rent varies if you have a double room or not, and if you are living with an outside view or an inside view...

for not having to drive at all, this is the best place to live in my opinion.

kcumb is a good school. you will come out very knowledgable. its kinda crazy because many of your classmates will have done masters degrees or similar fields over many of the subjects you will cover, so you have to work more to keep up...

cooldreams said:
ct rent varies if you have a double room or not, and if you are living with an outside view or an inside view...

for not having to drive at all, this is the best place to live in my opinion.

kcumb is a good school. you will come out very knowledgable. its kinda crazy because many of your classmates will have done masters degrees or similar fields over many of the subjects you will cover, so you have to work more to keep up...

Thanks for the replies. I guess you would be talking about me. ;) I'm gonna have my masters in clinical research pretty soon.

Is KCUMB's match list available to ya'll?

nrddct said:
Thanks for the replies. I guess you would be talking about me. ;) I'm gonna have my masters in clinical research pretty soon.

ask them, i think they will give it out... i dont know it to be online however.

yet, i know it to have been given out at interview time, i think they also posted a list on campus somewhere around here...

I'm getting more and more pumped for KCUMB. My husband has begun talking to his company about transferring to independence and we're discussing now what to do with our home during the transition. I think we will sell just to be done with it. But I'm really wanting to come back to my home town for part of my clinicals. I want to do MS3 at a medium hosp where I'll get front and center attention and then move on to bigger cities when I'm MS4. Decisions, decisions. And a residency at Childrens Mercy or my hometown's ENT wouldn't be bad either. :)

whats this about the medical terminology CD KCUMB is recommending us to buy? Worth it or waste of $50?

Also how are ya'll spending spending next spring and summer now that you know your gonna start med school?

nrddct said:

Someone from the class of 2005 told me that about 95% of the class got their first choice and about 97% got their first or second choices. Don't know where this stat came from, maybe it was given to their class. I know that some of them matched into very prestigious programs including Harvard, Yale and Northwestern.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY, I"M IN!!!!!!!! :love: :love:
I"M SOOOO HAPPY! KCUMB is my FIRST CHOICE!! YAYAYYYYAYAYAY :love:

nrddct said:
whats this about the medical terminology CD KCUMB is recommending us to buy? Worth it or waste of $50?

Also how are ya'll spending spending next spring and summer now that you know your gonna start med school?

I am a first year at KCUMB, and I did end up buying the medical terminology book the spring semester before beginning this fall. I really did not have time to get through much of it, and most of the other students that I have spoken to either did not do many chapters in the book or they did not buy it at all. It is just one of those things that you can choose to buy or not. If you have the time and the energy to put time into it, it may really help you out. The only teacher that really stresses medical terminology is Dr. Friedlander which is the pathology instructor. In the first section that you'll take, Foundations of Medicine, he will quiz students before class. He says that everyone must be 'quized' by the end of the year, but I haven't had the luxury as of yet; therefore, I cannot speak from experience. I just know that it isn't graded or anything -- it seems to be pretty low-key. He just knows that by knowing medical terminology, a lot of the scientific names will be easier to understand and to learn. I hope this advice kind of helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck! :)

nrddct said:

I am in the 2008 class and I think that it is BS, but it is just me. If you work hard you will be fine. At the begining you may have to carry you medical dictionnary with you, buty if I was in your situation I would enjoy few good nigths out with that money. Also, I will forget about medical school and enjoy the remaining of the year.

I really like century towers, does the place fill up really easily? During my tour, they told me that there's already a waiting list. What are my chances of getting a room there next year? How early should I apply? is it already late? Anyone currently living in or lived in CT? Can I get some feedbacks? How's the price compared to the rest of the places around the school?
thanks for your help :)

KCUMB Class of 2010 baby! I am withdrawing my application to WVCOM and UNECOM...interviewing at DMU in early January....I plan on putting down the deposit though. JJCandy...at your interview they said there was already a waiting list for CT? Does anyone have any other opinions on where to live? How is the commute from the Plaza? I might just apply to CT and see if others withdraw their applications....what do you all think?

DORocksMySocks said:
KCUMB Class of 2010 baby! I am withdrawing my application to WVCOM and UNECOM...interviewing at DMU in early January....I plan on putting down the deposit though. JJCandy...at your interview they said there was already a waiting list for CT? Does anyone have any other opinions on where to live? How is the commute from the Plaza? I might just apply to CT and see if others withdraw their applications....what do you all think?

Don't quote me on that, I think that's what I heard. Note that I had the tour right before my interview(after lunch), so I wasn't paying that much attention. nevetheless, I really like CT, I hope I can get in, it'll be really convenient since I don't think I'll get a car first year there.....

Ohhh, I hope there's not a waiting list for CT. I wanted to live there.

Has anyone applied for CT yet? Anyone gotten any feedbacks? Is it just me or does the application process looks kinda complicated, what's with all this financial stuff we need to fill out?

JJcandy said:
I really like century towers, does the place fill up really easily? During my tour, they told me that there's already a waiting list. What are my chances of getting a room there next year? How early should I apply? is it already late? Anyone currently living in or lived in CT? Can I get some feedbacks? How's the price compared to the rest of the places around the school?
thanks for your help :)

I don't live in CT, but a lot of my friends are living there. I don't know anyone that had trouble getting a room in CT. The waitlist is probably just ineffect because they are not sure which students are moving out for next year -- the second years just got their rotation match sites a week or so ago. I live at Bennington Ridge, and they even had a waiting list around this time last year. I don't really think there is anything to worry about. I know people that got called off of the KCUMB waitlist in the summer, and they were still able to get a room in CT. Besides, I started getting calls from CT in April last year making sure that I remembered them and making sure that I did not want to live there. They really try to get as many students there as possible. As for the price of CT, my apartment is approximately the same price and has a lot more room and has a washer/dryer :), but the apartments in the Plaza tend to be kind of pricey -- look early and you can find some reasonably priced ones, however. The commute is approximatly 8 minutes or so to school from where I live [on a side note, The Woods of Walnut Creek also have nice apartments]. I like living away from campus just so that I have some separation between school and home. You can end up being on campus a lot of your time studying and being in class etc..., and I just think it is nice to go home and not be able to see the school from your room. I am not sure what type of feedback that you are looking for about CT, but I will try to help -- I do end up spending a lot of time at my friends' apartments that live in CT. I have friends that absolutely love CT and then I have friends that hate it there. It may help to do a Pro/Con list to see what is more important to you. It is a lot like living in a dorm -- tight quarters but a lot of your friends will most likely end up living there. It would be nice for forming study groups and for making a quick trip to the anatomy lab and such in the evening. Also, it would be nice to be able to roll out of bed and get to class in 5 minutes. However, if you like to go running, you may not feel comfortable with the neighborhood. I feel completely comfortable walking around campus at night and even walking across the street to CT, but I don't know if I would go running in the neighborhood (my friends usually drive to a park in the Plaza). Well, I hope this helps a little. I just trying to give you some general ideas to get you thinking about what you like and don't like in an apartment. If you have any questions, let me know. If I don't know the answer, I can always ask one of my friends. Good luck and Congratulations on your acceptance. KCUMB is truly a great school, and I am so happy that I came here. Have a Happy Thanksgiving ;)

Hi DrKT2009
thanks so much for your thoughtful reply, that was very helpful, got me thinking about a few things actually. Good thing to hear that there's no problem getting into CT though. :)
happy thanksgiving to you too

JJcandy said:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY, I"M IN!!!!!!!! :love: :love:
I"M SOOOO HAPPY! KCUMB is my FIRST CHOICE!! YAYAYYYYAYAYAY :love:
Congrats!!

Congrats to you too ambernikel !!

quick question, does anyone know what's the hardest courses in first and second year at KCUMB? I was told anatomy is hard. I haven't taken any anatomy classes in my undergrad, maybe I should prepare?

At my interview...my guide said she would STRONGLY advise taking anatomy.....I have taken it (required for my program)....It actually comes as a shock to me that some undergrad programs don't require anatomy.....but yeah, I would advise it. It can only help, right!?!?

JJcandy said:
Congrats to you too ambernikel !!

quick question, does anyone know what's the hardest courses in first and second year at KCUMB? I was told anatomy is hard. I haven't taken any anatomy classes in my undergrad, maybe I should prepare?

I don't know if anyone is going to be able to give you a good answer on what the hardest courses are due to the fact that people excel at different things. For me, anatomy and pathology are the most difficult and biochemistry and pharmacology are the easiest. As for courses you may want to take, I would say that histology would be a good choice because it is hard to understand pathology without a basic knowledge of what the normal tissue looks like - I just end up looking at the histology before I even start a pathology lecture which takes additional time. You can take anatomy if you would like (I didn't have it before coming to KCUMB); however, I think the hardest part of anatomy is locating/identifying the arteries/nerves on the cadaver. A lot of undergraduate anatomy courses seem to be just a watered-down version of anatomy which most likely won't help too much. I am not sure how much exposure you will have at locating/identifying structures on a cadaver in an undergraduate course. I would definitely look into what type of anatomy course your university offers. Of course, the majority of the students (at least in my class) seem to have tutors in both of these subjects (free for students) which greatly help in understanding the material. I hope this helps a little bit. Best of luck! :)

Hello,

Finally, it has come time to make the great decision so I just sent the $1000 deposit to KCUMB which will be my home for the next few years!! Congrats to everyone else who has chosen wisely (at least, in my opinion).
Looking forward to meeting everyone and continuing my medical education in Kansas City!

DrKT2009 said:
I don't know if anyone is going to be able to give you a good answer on what the hardest courses are due to the fact that people excel at different things. For me, anatomy and pathology are the most difficult and biochemistry and pharmacology are the easiest. As for courses you may want to take, I would say that histology would be a good choice because it is hard to understand pathology without a basic knowledge of what the normal tissue looks like - I just end up looking at the histology before I even start a pathology lecture which takes additional time. You can take anatomy if you would like (I didn't have it before coming to KCUMB); however, I think the hardest part of anatomy is locating/identifying the arteries/nerves on the cadaver. A lot of undergraduate anatomy courses seem to be just a watered-down version of anatomy which most likely won't help too much. I am not sure how much exposure you will have at locating/identifying structures on a cadaver in an undergraduate course. I would definitely look into what type of anatomy course your university offers. Of course, the majority of the students (at least in my class) seem to have tutors in both of these subjects (free for students) which greatly help in understanding the material. I hope this helps a little bit. Best of luck! :)

Thank you so much for the tip to take histology! I'll definitely look into taking a course on it in my last semester of undergrad. As for anatomy, I guess I'll just have to do some reading on my own, my school is not offering it this semester :( .
once again, thanks for all the help :thumbup:

jjcandy, I've taken anatomy in my postbacc program doing actual dissections. If youre really worried, then look up some anatomy books with real pictures of dissections. Netters is good for foundations, but real life differs b/c the bodies are different and the dissections vary depending on whose doing it. I found the "real life" anatomy books very helpful for practicals and saved me alot of time from the smelly labs. :)

I have a question on how much genetics is emphasized? I have to take it before starting. Since it doesn't matter if I take genetics at a community college or university, where should I take it?
Community college=easier, don't learn as much, cheaper
University= harder, learn more, $$$

Also does anyone have the match list?

nrddct said:
jjcandy, I've taken anatomy in my postbacc program doing actual dissections. If youre really worried, then look up some anatomy books with real pictures of dissections. Netters is good for foundations, but real life differs b/c the bodies are different and the dissections vary depending on whose doing it. I found the "real life" anatomy books very helpful for practicals and saved me alot of time from the smelly labs. :)

I have a question on how much genetics is emphasized? I have to take it before starting. Since it doesn't matter if I take genetics at a community college or university, where should I take it?
Community college=easier, don't learn as much, cheaper
University= harder, learn more, $$$

Also does anyone have the match list?

I heard "Gray's Anatomy" is a good book to buy if I'm worried about anatomy, but it doesn't have real life pictures. What book with real life picture did you find really useful?

I have the match list!

2005 PGY1 / Internship
Site Specialty
Appleton Med Ctn Univ of WI Family Medicine
Appleton Med Ctn Univ of WI Transitional
Ball Memorial Hosp Family Medicine
Baptist Health System Internal Med
Baptist-Lutheran Med Ctr - UMKC Family Medicine
Baptist-Lutheran Med Ctr - UMKC Transitional
Bethesda North Hosp Obstetrics-Gynecology
Botsford General Hospital Traditional
Bromenn Med Ctr, Midwestern Univ Traditional
Camp Pendleton Navy Hosp Family Medicine
Capital Region MC Traditional
Cardinal Glemon Hosp St Louis Univ Pediatrics
Carolinas Med Ctr-Un N Carolina Transitional
Cedar Rapids Medical Education Foundation Family Medicine
Chino Valley Med Ctr Touro Univ COM Traditional
Cleveland Clinic South Pointe Traditional
Conroe Reg Med Ctr UTMB Family Medicine
Cox Med Centers Family Medicine
Des Peres Hospital St Louis Univ Hosp Traditional
Doctors Hospital-Ohio St Univ COM Emergency Med
Doctor's West Columbus, OH General Surg
Drexel (CMP Hahnemann) U COM Transitional
Eisenhower Army Medical Center Transitional
Emory Univ SOM Transitional
Erlanger Med Ctn - IN Tenn Transitional
Exempla St Joseph Hosp Obstetrics-Gynecology
Family Practice Center St Louis Univ Traditional
Florida Hospital East Orlando Traditional
Freeman Health System Otorkinolaryngology & Facial Plastic Surg
Freeman Health System Traditional
FT Wayne Med Ed Prog IN Unv SOM Traditional
Garden City Hosp Traditional
Genesys Reg MC-MI State Univ Emergency Med
Genesys Reg MC-MI State Univ Otor & Facial Plastic Surg
Genesys Reg MC-MI State Univ Traditional
Good Samaritan Hosp & MC NYCOMEC Obstetrics-Gynecology
Good Samaritan Hosp & MC NYCOMEC Traditional
Grandview Hospital & Med Ctr Obstetrics-Gynecology
Grandview Hospital & Med Ctr Traditional
Greenville Hosp Sys Transitional
Henry Ford Health System Internal Med
Henry Ford Health System Orthopedic surg
Hillcrest Hosp-U Oklahoma Tulsa Transitional
Illinois Masonic MC Traditional
Immanuel St Joseph Uni of MN Traditional
Immanuel St Joseph Uni of MN Traditional
Indiana Un Sch of Med Anesthesiology
Ingham Hospital-Mich St Univ Emergency Med
Ingham Hospital-Mich St Univ Traditional
Integris SW MC -OK State Univ Traditional
Kaiser Permanente Transitional
Kansas UN Med Ctr-Wichita Internal Med
Kansas UN Med Ctr-Wichita Transitional
Kansas UN-SOM General Surg
Kansas UN-SOM Internal Med
Kansas UN-SOM Med/Psyc
Kansas UN-SOM Traditional
Kansas UN-SOM Transitional
KCUMB/MCI Traditional
KCUMB/MCI Traditional
KCUMB/MCI Traditional
KCUMB/MCI Traditional
Kingman Regional MC Midwestern COM Traditional
Kingman Regional MC Midwestern COM Traditional
Lackland Air Force Base Internal Med
Lake Reginal Health System, Osage Beach, MO Transitional
LOA LOA
Loma Linda Un Pediatrics
Louisiana State Univ Transitional
Madigan Army Med Ctn Tacoma WA Pathology
Madigan Army Med Ctn Tacoma WA Transitional
Madison County Gen Univ TN Transitional
Maricopa Med Ctr Emergency Med
Mayo Clinic-Mayo Col of Med Psychiatry
Med Coll Wisconsin Aff Hosps Obstetrics-Gynecology
Med College Georgia Transitional
Memorial Health University MC Pediatrics
Mercy Hospital Un New England Traditional
Mercy MC Drexel Univ Med School Transitional
Mercy Med Ctn Des Moines Univ-COM General Surg
Mercy Suburban Internal Med
Metro Hospital Traditional
Metro Hospital Traditional
Metrohealth Med Ctr Case Western Reserve Univ Emergency Med
Metrohealth Med Ctr Case Western Reserve Univ Internal Medicine
Metrohealth Med Ctr Case Western Reserve Univ Obstetrics-Gynecology
Metropolitan Hosp MSU-COM Emergency Med
MI State Univ Health Ctn Traditional
Morehouse Sch of Med - ATL GA Transitional
MSU/COM Kalamazoo Ctr Family Medicine
Mt. Clemens General Hospital Family Medicine
Mt. Clemens General Hospital Traditional
Mt. Sinai Traditional
Navy Medical Center Obstetrics-Gynecology
Navy Medical Center Traditional
Newark Beth Israel Med Ctr Pediatrics
North Mississippi Med Ctr Family Medicine
Northeast Med Ctr Family Medicine
Northside Hosp & Heart Inst Internal Med
Northside Hosp & Heart Inst Traditional
Oakwood Hosp Trenton MI Traditional
Oakwood Shouthshore MC Traditional
Oakwood Shouthshore MC Traditional
OFFUTT AFB-Univ of Neb MC Transitional
Ohio State Un MC Psychiatry
OU/Com O'Blenes Memorial Hospital Traditional
Phoenix Baptist Hospital Family Medicine
Pinnacle Health COM Gen Osteo Hospital Traditional
Plaza Medical Center of Ft Worth General Surg
Plaza Medical Center of Ft Worth Traditional
Pontiac Osteo Hosp MSU_COM Traditional
Providence Hospital Traditional
Riley Hosp for Children Indiana Univ Pediatrics
Rose Med Ctn-Univ Colorado Family Medicine
Rural Med Practice Idaho State Un Rural Family Medicine
San Antonio Uniformed HealthCare Consortium Pediatrics
Sioux Falls Fam Prac Family Medicine
Southwest Medical Ctn OK State Univ Emergency Med
St Anthony's Hosp-OK State UN COM Traditional
St Anthony's Hosp-OK State UN COM Transitional
St Barnabas Hosp. Emergency Med
St Bernard's Hosp VAMS-AHEC Family Medicine
St Bernard's Hosp VAMS-AHEC Transitional
St James Hospital & Health Ctr/ Midwest Univ/Chicago COM Traditional
St John Detroit Riverview-ATSU-KCUMB General Surg
St John Detroit Riverview-ATSU-KCUMB Internal Med
St John Detroit Riverview-ATSU-KCUMB Traditional
St John Oakland Hosp Pediatrics
St Johns Hosp-Southern Illinois Univ Pediatrics
St Johns Mercy MC Transitional
St Josephs Hospital - Phil, PA Traditional
St Josephs Hospital - Phil, PA Traditional
St Josephs Hospital, Phoenix, AZ Family Medicine
St Joseph's Mercy of MACOMB Michigan State University Obstetrics-Gynecology
St Joseph's Mercy of MACOMB Michigan State University Traditional
St Joseph-Texas A&M Traditional
St Lukes - Aurora MC Univ of Wisconsin Traditional
St Lukes Med Ctr - Milwaukee, WI Transitional
St Lukes, St Alphonus, VA Transitional
St Marys Health Ctr St. Louis Univ Transitional
St Marys-Corwin Pueblo, CO Traditional
St Vincent Mercy MC Ohio Un COM Emergency Med
St Vincent Mercy MC Ohio Un COM Obstetrics-Gynecology
St Vincent Mercy MC Ohio Un COM Traditional
St. Vincent Hosp-Univ of MA Traditional
State Univ of NY Transitional
Sun Coast Hospital Family Medicine
Swedish Covenant Hosp Transitional
Swedish Med Ctr Univ WA Family Medicine
Temple Univ Hosp Psychiatry
Texas Tech Med Ctr, Texas Tech Univ Transitional
The Medical Center Traditional
Tripler Army Med Ctr Honolulu, HI General Surg
Tripler Army Med Ctr Honolulu, HI Traditional
Tulsa Regional Med Ctr ENT
UN Akansas- Little Rock Pediatrics
UN Akansas- Little Rock Transitional
UN Akansas- Little Rock Transitional
UN Arizona Affil Hosps Transitional
UN CA-Fresno Pediatrics
UN Florida HSC Emergency Med
UN Hawaii Affil Phych Res Transitional
UN Il-St Francis Med Ctr Transitional
UN Iowa Hosp Pediatrics
UN Kentucky Med Ctr Transitional
UN Kentucky Med Ctr Transitional
UN Minnesota Med School Transitional
UN Miss Md Ctn-Jackson Family Pratice
UN Miss Md Ctn-Jackson Transitional
UN Missouri-Columbia Transitional
UN Missouri-KC Anesthesiology
UN Missouri-KC IM-Peds
UN Missouri-KC Internal Med
UN Missouri-KC Obstetrics-Gynecology
UN Missouri-KC Transitional
UN Missouri-KC Childrens Mercy Hosp Pediatrics
UN NJ Med & Den Traditional
UN South Alabama Med Ctr-Mobile Transitional
UN South Alabama Med Ctr-Mobile Transitional
UN South Florida COM IM-Peds
UN Tennessee COM Transitional
UN Texas Med Brackenridge Transitional
UN Texas SW Med School Transitional
UN TN Med Ctr Family Medicine
UN Utah Affil Hosp Family Medicine
UN Wisconsin Med School Traditional
United Reg Healthcare System Kell West Med Ctn Family Medicine
University Hosp - Columbia, MO Pediatrics
University Hosp - Columbia, MO Transitional
University Hosp - Jackson, MS Transitional
UNMB Galvaston, TX IM-Peds
Via Christi Regional MC KU Med Traditional
Via Christi Regional MC KU Med Traditional
Via Christi Regional MC KU Med Transitional
Walter Reed Army Med Ctr Traditional
Wellington Regional Med Ctr LECOM Transitional
Wesley Med Center Univ of Kansas Family Medicine
Wesley Med Center Univ of Kansas Internal Med
Westucomp/Riverside County Regional Traditional
Wilford Hall Med Ctn, SA TX Transitional
William Beaumont Army Ctr Transitional
William Beaumont Army Ctr Transitional
Womack Army Community Hospital Family Medicine

2005 PGY2 / Residency
Site Specialty
Ball Memorial Hosp Family Medicine
Baptist Health System Internal Med
Barnes-Jewish Hosp Washington Univ Anesthesiology
Bethesda North Hosp Obstetrics-Gynecology
Botsford General Hospital Emergency Med
Camp Pendleton Navy Hosp Family Medicine
Cardinal Glemon Hosp St Louis Univ Pediatrics
Carolinas Med Ctr-Un N Carolina Family Medicine
Cedar Rapids Medical Education Foundation Family Medicine
Conroe Reg Med Ctr UTMB Family Medicine
Cox Med Centers Family Medicine
Des Peres Hospital St Louis Univ Hosp Family Medicine
Des Peres Hospital St Louis Univ Hosp Orthopedic surg
Doctors Hospital-Ohio St Univ COM Emergency Med
Doctor's West Columbus, OH General Surg
Drexel (CMP Hahnemann) U COM Internal Med
Eisenhower Army Medical Center Aerospace Med
Eisenhower Army Medical Center Family Medicine
Eisenhower Army Medical Center Family Medicine
Emory Univ SOM Family Medicine
Erlanger Med Ctn - IN Tenn Family Medicine
Exempla St Joseph Hosp Obstetrics-Gynecology
Family Practice Center St Louis Univ Family Medicine
Florida Hospital East Orlando Family Medicine
Fox Chase Cancer Ctr Radiation Oncology
Freeman Health System Otorkinolaryngology
Freeman Health System Otorkinolaryngology & Facial Plastic Surg
FT Wayne Med Ed Prog IN Unv SOM Family Medicine
Garden City Hosp Orthopedic surg
Genesys Reg MC-MI State Univ Internal Med
Genesys Reg MC-MI State Univ Otor & Facial Plastic Surg
Good Samaritan Hosp & MC NYCOMEC Emergency Med
Good Samaritan Hosp & MC NYCOMEC Obstetrics-Gynecology
Grandview Hospital & Med Ctr Emergency Med
Grandview Hospital & Med Ctr Orthopedic surg
Greenville Hosp Sys General Surgery
Henry Ford Health System Internal Med
Henry Ford Health System Orthopedic surg
Hillcrest Hosp-U Oklahoma Tulsa Obstetrics-Gynecology
Immanuel St Joseph Uni of MN Family Medicine
Immanuel St Joseph Uni of MN Family Medicine
Indiana Un Sch of Med Anesthesiology
Ingham Hospital-Mich St Univ Emergency Med
Ingham Hospital-Mich St Univ Physical Med & Rehab
Integris SW MC -OK State Univ Emergency Med
Kaiser Permanente Internal Med
Kansas UN Med Ctr-Wichita IM-Peds
Kansas UN Med Ctr-Wichita Internal Med
Kansas UN-SOM General Surg
Kansas UN-SOM Med/Psyc
Kansas UN-SOM Phys Medicine & Rehab
Kansas UN-SOM Psychiatry
Kern Med Ctr-UCLA Emergency Med
Kingman Regional MC Midwestern COM Emergency Med
Kingman Regional MC Midwestern COM Emergency Med
Lackland Air Force Base Internal Med
LOA LOA
Loma Linda Un Pediatrics
Louisiana State Univ IM-Peds
Madigan Army Med Ctn Tacoma WA Ophthalmology
Madigan Army Med Ctn Tacoma WA Pathology
Madigan Army Med Ctn Tacoma WA Pediatrics
Madison County Gen Univ TN Family Practive
Maricopa Med Ctr Emergency Med
Mayo Clinic-Mayo Col of Med Psychiatry
Med Coll Wisconsin Aff Hosps Obstetrics-Gynecology
Med College Georgia Orthopedic surg
Memorial Health University MC Pediatrics
Mercy Hospital Un New England Family Medicine/Neuromuscular Med
Mercy Med Ctn Des Moines Univ-COM General Surg
Mercy Suburban Internal Med
Metro Hospital General Surg
Metro Hospital Obstetrics-Gynecology
Metrohealth Med Ctr Case Western Reserve Univ Anesthesiology
Metrohealth Med Ctr Case Western Reserve Univ Emergency Med
Metrohealth Med Ctr Case Western Reserve Univ Internal Med
Metrohealth Med Ctr Case Western Reserve Univ Obstetrics-Gynecology
Metropolitan Hosp MSU-COM Emergency Med
Morehouse Sch of Med - ATL GA Internal Med
MSU/COM Kalamazoo Ctr Family Medicine
Mt. Clemens General Hospital Diagnostic Radiology
Mt. Clemens General Hospital Emergency Med
Mt. Clemens General Hospital Emergency Med
Naval Med Ct San Diego, CA Anesthesiology
Navy Medical Center Obstetrics-Gynecology
New Haven Hosp Yale Univ Anesthesiology
Newark Beth Israel Med Ctr Pediatrics
North Mississippi Med Ctr Family Medicine
Northeast Med Ctr Family Medicine
Northwestern University/Ric Chicago, IL Physical Med & Rehab
Oakwood Shouthshore MC Family Medicine
Oakwood Shouthshore MC General Surg
OFFUTT AFB-Univ of Neb MC Family Medicine
Ohio State Un MC Psychiatry
Phoenix Baptist Hospital Family Medicine
Pinnacle Health COM Gen Osteo Hospital Orthopedic Surg
Plaza Medical Center of Ft Worth General Surg
Pontiac Osteo Hosp MSU_COM Anesthesiology
Pontiac Osteo Hosp MSU_COM Diagnostic Radiology
Pontiac Osteo Hosp MSU_COM ER/Family Medicine
Pontiac Osteo Hosp MSU_COM Internal Med
Pontiac Osteo Hosp MSU_COM Internal Med
Pontiac Osteo Hosp MSU_COM Physical Med & Rehab
Riley Hosp for Children Indiana Univ Pediatrics
Rose Med Ctn-Univ Colorado Family Medicine
Rural Med Practice Idaho State Un Rural Family Medicine
San Antonio Uniformed HealthCare Consortium Pediatrics
Sioux Falls Fam Prac Family Medicine
Southwest Medical Ctn OK State Univ Emergency Med
St Anthony's Hosp-OK State UN COM Emergency Med
St Barnabas Hosp. Emergency Med
St James Hospital & Health Ctr/ Midwest Univ/Chicago COM Emergency Med
St James Hospital & Health Ctr/ Midwest Univ/Chicago COM Emergency Med
St James Hospital & Health Ctr/ Midwest Univ/Chicago COM Orthopedic surg
St John Detroit Riverview-ATSU-KCUMB Internal Med
St John Oakland Hosp Pediatrics
St Johns Hosp-Southern Illinois Univ Pediatrics
St Josephs Hospital, Phoenix, AZ Family Medicine
St Joseph's Mercy of MACOMB Michigan State University Emergency Med
St Joseph's Mercy of MACOMB Michigan State University Obstetrics-Gynecology
St Joseph-Texas A&M Family Medicine
St Lukes - Aurora MC Univ of Wisconsin Family Medicine
St Lukes Med Ctr - Independence, MO Diagnostic Radiology
St Lukes Med Ctr - Milwaukee, WI Diagnostic Radiology
St Lukes, St Alphonus, VA Family Medicine
St Marys Health Ctr St. Louis Univ Internal Med
St Marys-Corwin Pueblo, CO Family Medicine
St Vincent Mercy MC Ohio Un COM Emergency Med
St Vincent Mercy MC Ohio Un COM Obstetrics-Gynecology
State Univ of NY Emergency Med
Sun Coast Hospital Family Medicine
Swedish Med Ctr Univ WA Family Medicine
Temple Univ Hosp Psychiatry
Texas Tech Med Ctr, Texas Tech Univ Family Medicine
Tripler Army Med Ctr Honolulu, HI General Surg
Tulsa Regional Med Ctr ENT
UN Akansas- Little Rock General Surg
UN Akansas- Little Rock Pediatrics
UN Akansas- Little Rock Physical Med & Rehab
UN Arizona Affil Hosps Psychiatry
UN CA-Fresno Pediatrics
UN Florida HSC Emergency Med
UN Hawaii Affil Phych Res Psychiatry
UN Il-St Francis Med Ctr Emergency Med
UN Iowa Hosp Pediatrics
UN Kentucky Med Ctr Diagnostic Radiology
UN Kentucky Med Ctr Diagnostic Radiology
UN Minnesota Med School Psychiatry
UN Miss Md Ctn-Jackson Emergency Med
UN Miss Md Ctn-Jackson Family Medicine
UN Miss Md Ctn-Jackson Obstetrics-Gynecology
UN Missouri-Columbia Family Medicine
UN Missouri-Columbia Internal Med
UN Missouri-Columbia Internal Med
UN Missouri-Columbia Pathology
UN Missouri-KC Diagnostic Radiology
UN Missouri-KC Family Medicine
UN Missouri-KC Family Medicine
UN Missouri-KC IM-Peds
UN Missouri-KC Obstetrics-Gynecology
UN NJ Med & Den Obstetrics-Gynecology
UN Oklahoma COM Diagnostic Radiology
UN South Alabama Med Ctr-Mobile Internal Med -Peds
UN South Alabama Med Ctr-Mobile Pediatrics
UN South Florida COM IM-Peds
UN Texas Med Brackenridge Obstetrics-Gynecology
UN Texas SW Med School Anesthesiology
UN TN Med Ctr Family Medicine
UN Utah Affil Hosp Family Medicine
UN Wisconsin Med School Family Medicine
United Reg Healthcare System Kell West Med Ctn Family Medicine
University Hosp - Columbia, MO Internal Med
University Hosp - Columbia, MO Pediatrics
University Hosp - Jackson, MS Anesthesiology
UNMB Galvaston, TX IM-Peds
Via Christi Regional MC KU Med Family Medicine
Via Christi Regional MC KU Med Family Medine
Walter Reed Army Med Ctr Neurology
Walter Reed Army Med Ctr Physical Med & Rehab
Wellington Regional Med Ctr LECOM Family Medicine
Wesley Med Center Univ of Kansas Family Medicine
Wesley Med Center Univ of Kansas Internal Med
Westucomp/Riverside County Regional Orthopedic surg
Wilford Hall Med Ctn, SA TX Diagnostic Radiology
William Beaumont Army Ctr Internal Med
Womack Army Community Hospital Family Medicine

Here it is, the match list, the format is not good because I just copied and pasted. Hope this helps everyone :)

thanks for the match list jjcandy.

I dont think its that impressive though.

The book I recommend is:

Color Atlas of Anatomy A Photographic Study of the Human Body Hardbound

Author(s):
Johannes W Rohen MD
Chihiro Yokochi MD
Elke Lütjen-Drecoll MD
Lynn J Romrell PhD

Anyone interviewing with me on 12/6?????? Wush meh luck!

Okay, I have some questions about the KCUMB third and fourth year rotations. Do most people end up going off site for their 3d and 4th years? Do you generally stay at the same site both years, or can you switch? Finally, how do they determine who goes where? Is it a blind lottery, or do people with higher grades get the more coveted rotations?

I'd also like to know about the quality of the rotations--what are the most sought after sites? I am from New Jersey and saw there is a Newark rotation at St.Michael's and also in Stratford. Are those good rotations/hard to get in? Do people there spend much time in New York? How hard are the Florida and Kansas City rotations to get?

Thanks so much!

JJcandy said:
Thank you so much for the tip to take histology! I'll definitely look into taking a course on it in my last semester of undergrad. As for anatomy, I guess I'll just have to do some reading on my own, my school is not offering it this semester :( .
once again, thanks for all the help :thumbup:

I took histology because our anatomy teacher told us that the most common response to "what class do you wish you had taken?" from our graduates that went to med school is Histology. Anatomy is required at my (undergrad) school but they recommend we take comparative because it is very heavy in dissection compared to our Human anatomy class which I'm not sure does anything except maybe the cat. We're a small school without cadavers. In comparative we learned anatomy and dissection skills.

TTTTorrance said:
Okay, I have some questions about the KCUMB third and fourth year rotations. Do most people end up going off site for their 3d and 4th years? Do you generally stay at the same site both years, or can you switch? Finally, how do they determine who goes where? Is it a blind lottery, or do people with higher grades get the more coveted rotations?

I'd also like to know about the quality of the rotations--what are the most sought after sites? I am from New Jersey and saw there is a Newark rotation at St.Michael's and also in Stratford. Are those good rotations/hard to get in? Do people there spend much time in New York? How hard are the Florida and Kansas City rotations to get?

Thanks so much!
Based off what they told us at the interview I can answer part of that.
The match for clinicals is done where everyone picks their top 3 choices and they run a lottery and pick the one that causes the most people to get their top two picks. I think they do it at the beginning of their second year. I'm pretty sure you stay at the site the first year (of clinicals) and then leave during the next for electives. I don't know anything about the quality because I don't have a list of possibile clinical sites. If someone does have one can I have it?