Immunology WW: Keep The Cat Alive Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:whoa:

god the gels... the blots... weeks of nonsense results... thanks for that flashback
Two years of it for me. I am probably the only person who has been a vet student, took a break, and is seriously looking forward to having something straightforward to accomplish that is easy again when I get back in. haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone surrounded LUPIN, THE HSC CONVERTED TO B CELL LYMPHOMA, CHAOS (wolf leaning, could win with wolves or by herself). They knew she was weakened, having been reduced downwards to almost nothing thanks to the chemotherapy protocol (which PBC - Doxorubicin is the H of CHOP and Vincristine is the O of CHOP, so there was no need to designate those again :p). However, the lymph node mass was starting to regrow. And Lupin was in the process of trying to metastasize to the lungs. Although difficult for her to do, if successful, it could signal the end for our kitty friend Lyla.

However, there was still a NK cell around. On the first night as a cancer cell, Lupin had decreased her MHC enough so only a NK cell could thwart her efforts. On night two, she started messing with the up-regulation of some genes, allowing her to secrete a particular set of cytokines that induced the shift of LoTF from a Helper T cell to a Treg. night three, she had upregulated FasL throughout her cell surface to ensure she would take out those that try and interact with her. On night four, she became large enough to kill, and started to kill, starting with the NK cell. Night 5 started the metastasis process. And night 7 would have allowed her to finish off the metastasis process, and then, the cancer would have taken over.

But the villager cells arrived in time. Nyanko went and took out Lupin, sacrificing herself for the villager cause.

Dead is Nyanko, NK cell, villager. Dead is Lupin, B cell lymphoma, CHAOS.

With that everyone looked around cautiously. Could that be all of the ailments, all of the cancer and all of the pathogens? Well.......

It was! VILLAGERS WIN!

I think this was played beautifully by everyone all around. Wolves survived farther than expected in the play throughs. Lupin was able to wiggle out of some very tough situations. And the villagers were able to pull through.

For me, I liked the idea of an end game lynch having a heavy majority of villagers present with a list of narrowed candidates. The idea of 1 person choosing the fate of villagers was never very appealing to me.

I know it was complicated, but I hope the majority of mechanics appeared to be forthright. Lupin may have tried to throw it out there towards the end about the STL game type stuff, but I do hope with the last few things illuminated, that everything was fairly straightforward. Feel free to ask any and all questions on game mechanics. I had fun with it, even if I died for a solid two weeks of this game (and I wish I could have done more lectures in there....)

BIGGEST SHOUTOUT to BBC who without her, this game would have fallen apart in my sickness. She was beyond awesome with this game, and really picked up the slack of the sick mod.

I do have to give a quick shoutout to Genny/VMH. They tried for THREE WHOLE DAYS, to get themselves lynched, while they were in remission. They tried things over and over again to try and detract from lynches on other wolves, but the sketchier they got, the more people thought they were a villager. They started just doing things for the amusement of those in the know, and it was quite funny.

Finally, shoutout to villagers. You guys really did have great discussion this game, and even in situations where you came to the wrong conclusion, there was great discussion to arrive at the wrong conclusion.

Reactions: 11 users
Everyone surrounded LUPIN, THE HSC CONVERTED TO B CELL LYMPHOMA, CHAOS (wolf leaning, could win with wolves or by herself). They knew she was weakened, having been reduced downwards to almost nothing thanks to the chemotherapy protocol (which PBC - Doxorubicin is the H of CHOP and Vincristine is the O of CHOP, so there was no need to designate those again :p). However, the lymph node mass was starting to regrow. And Lupin was in the process of trying to metastasize to the lungs. Although difficult for her to do, if successful, it could signal the end for our kitty friend Lyla.

However, there was still a NK cell around. On the first night as a cancer cell, Lupin had decreased her MHC enough so only a NK cell could thwart her efforts. On night two, she started messing with the up-regulation of some genes, allowing her to secrete a particular set of cytokines that induced the shift of LoTF from a Helper T cell to a Treg. night three, she had upregulated FasL throughout her cell surface to ensure she would take out those that try and interact with her. On night four, she became large enough to kill, and started to kill, starting with the NK cell. Night 5 started the metastasis process. And night 7 would have allowed her to finish off the metastasis process, and then, the cancer would have taken over.

But the villager cells arrived in time. Nyanko went and took out Lupin, sacrificing herself for the villager cause.

With that everyone looked around cautiously. Could that be all of the ailments, all of the cancer and all of the pathogens? Well.......

It was! VILLAGERS WIN!

I think this was played beautifully by everyone all around. Wolves survived farther than expected in the play throughs. Lupin was able to wiggle out of some very tough situations. And the villagers were able to pull through.

For me, I liked the idea of an end game lynch having a heavy majority of villagers present with a list of narrowed candidates. The idea of 1 person choosing the fate of villagers was never very appealing to me.

I know it was complicated, but I hope the majority of mechanics appeared to be forthright. Lupin may have tried to throw it out there towards the end about the STL game type stuff, but I do hope with the last few things illuminated, that everything was fairly straightforward. Feel free to ask any and all questions on game mechanics. I had fun with it, even if I died for a solid two weeks of this game (and I wish I could have done more lectures in there....)

BIGGEST SHOUTOUT to BBC who without her, this game would have fallen apart in my sickness. She was beyond awesome with this game, and really picked up the slack of the sick mod.

I do have to give a quick shoutout to Genny/VMH. They tried for THREE WHOLE DAYS, to get themselves lynched, while they were in remission. They tried things over and over again to try and detract from lynches on other wolves, but the sketchier they got, the more people thought they were a villager. They started just doing things for the amusement of those in the know, and it was quite funny.

Finally, shoutout to villagers. You guys really did have great discussion this game, and even in situations where you came to the wrong conclusion, there was great discussion to arrive at the wrong conclusion.

200w.gif

Reactions: 13 users

It was! VILLAGERS WIN!

useless without cute cat pics.

Reactions: 4 users
WEEEE!!! guys I don't think I voted for a single wolf the entire game :boom:except for maybe FB at the very last second! hahahaha whoops YAY VILLAGE!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you were great, @Lupin21

This game was almost an exact replica of the fantastical beasts game. I was kicking ass as village, only one wolf left, and then I get changed. I suppose it is a way for me to see if I can win on my own, but damn.

Wolves survived farther than expected in the play throughs.

But seriously, I have no idea why any of our shenanigans made us seem more trustworthy. The PM with Lupin was particularly amusing.

Also we didn't even vote in like five lynches so we kept getting skipped when people were doing lynch analyses. I'm... I'm not sure if they forgot we were playing or not lol

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for the game @SummerTheLynx and for the sketchiest villager role I could have asked for. :laugh:

@Kam325 SEEEEEEE I'm not chaos. It was fun arguing with you though. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
wait.... @SummerTheLynx what would my role actually protect against? / did the protection aspect ever do anything actually?

Well, I'm glad I clarified that info of Lupin being a killer T. I knew dy was and figured she was trying to protect dy, but deep down something seemed wrong because she was the only person I had no idea of what her role was.

I wasn't originally going to even bring that up as didn't want to destroy that whole lupin covering for dy but something seemed off.

Thanks for the game @SummerTheLynx and for the sketchiest villager role I could have asked for. :laugh:

@Kam325 SEEEEEEE I'm not chaos. It was fun arguing with you though. ;)
I just haven't learned how to process games where you aren't someone nefarious. Haven't been given nearly enough practice. :laugh:

Well, I'm glad I clarified that info of Lupin being a killer T. I knew dy was and figured she was trying to protect dy, but deep down something seemed wrong because she was the only person I had no idea of what her role was.

I wasn't originally going to even bring that up as didn't want to destroy that whole lupin covering for dy but something seemed off.
haha. Yeah, I thought at that point, the more stupid the story and horribleness it sounded like, the more believable it would be.

You did a great job with it! Lupin kept hand waving it away up until then

I also got the gut feeling of something odd when lupin started moving. I think that gave me the first inkling then not knowing her role, I just had to clarify the things.

Sorry, lupes, but not really.

The game needed more multicellular parasites... just sayin... :p
I really tried to keep the wolves numbers down this game. I still stand by the fact that I wouldn't have wanted anymore, especially with how close this game came.

Aw. I still hate that you didn't come back and fight. I was still villager and maybe would have ended on genny then none of this would would have had to happen.
You may have died in the process, because I know we definitely hung out in you for a long time

@SummerTheLynx out of curiosity, would successfully going type B always have made a wolf-aligned chaos player or were there players where it would have acted as a straight conversion?
Always wolf alligned chaos, except for a couple that couldn't convert. These would have died instead, and it would have been the next cell you entered that would have been converted.

Always wolf alligned chaos, except for a couple that couldn't convert. These would have died instead, and it would have been the next cell you entered that would have been converted.
That's kind of what I figured, since cancer does what it wants. I'm surprised we would have killed the non-convertibles though, I would have expected it to just fail.

Thanks for the fun game!

I didn't have anything else to say at that point or I would've. :shrug:
naw, you say who you suspect and why, and we get to thinking about those people. Then they have to defend generally as well, and then people can analyze what they say to see if it all matches up. As sucky as it is to have to read through a lot of posts for busy folk, there can be some gems if you get a wolf talking about who they do and don't suspect. :)