Georgetown SMP, Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I have a dilemma. I have 5 letters of rec from profs both academic/non-academic for med school. Since most med schools consider 5 the max # of letters you can send in. I don't know what to do because I will also be getting a 6th letter from the advisor in the SMP.

Should I not include one of the 5 letters? I know for a fact that all 5 are very strong letters. I think I am going to exclude the SMP letter since I've read that sometimes not much effort is put into them on the advisor's part depending on who you are assigned.

Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey eveyrone, I just sent this post out on the SMP listserve but I thought it would be a good idea to post in in SDN as well.

Hello fellow SMPers!

My name is Will Bianchi and I am going to be part of the upcoming 2009-2010 class with you all. I am a graduate from University of California at Santa Barbara, but am originally from the Washington D.C. area. I am currently on a research appointment at UCSB but will be returning in August to start the SMP program.

I don’t know how much everyone has looked into the housing situation around Georgetown just yet, but I am pretty bummed out. The apartments are pretty expensive and I am not too exited about paying to furnish an apartment that I will probably only be in for one year. We all know that the program itself is also pretty expensive, so I am trying to find a group of individuals (two females and one male) that would be interested in a comfortable and affordable co-op style living situation...

The house is located just outside D.C. in Rockville (Maryland) and is 16 miles from Georgetown. It is in a quite, safe, and established neighborhood. Here is some general information on it:
•The house is large, with a new deck, bbg, fire pit, privacy fenced backyard, and organic garden.
•1 person to each bedroom. Private/lockable bedrooms are already furnished with twin bed, desk and lamp, dresser, bookcase, and large closet. Linens provided (if you choose to use twin bed as opposed to getting a bigger one). Two women will be upstairs, myself and one other guy will be on basement level.
•Share bath with one same-sex housemate.
•Furnished basement has recreation room exclusively for housemates with TV, CD/DVD/VCR, microwave, refrigerator, table, couch/futon, exterior access (I am thinking about also putting a few white boards in this room for studying…)
•Free off street parking for up to 5 cars.
•Wifi internet, land line, cable, central vac, and laundry.
•2 minutes from county park with indoor pool, tennis and handball courts, skate park etc.
•200 yards to minor bus line and 3.8 miles to Metro

Rent is $475 a month plus utilities (which should be from 80 to 120 a month changes with weather). The lease period would be from August 1st through the end of the program. If you need to stay a little longer past that, we can work that out. I am also very familiar with the Baltimore, DC, and MD suburbs and will be more than happy to help you with your move in.

If you would like to carpool with me to campus, that would be awesome. I would be stoked to split up gas and parkingin DC- plus I would have people to share driving with! The drive is only 25 minutes if done before morning traffic. If you don’t want to carpool you can always drive your own car or take metro. I am also thinking about coordinating some type of weekly dinner or something…you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to, but it would be a fun way to make sure everyone takes some time off to de-stress and eat some good food.

Think about it and hit me up by email ASAP if you are interested. I would like to have the rooms filled by the end of mid-June. If you want to learn more, hit me up on facebook (I'm in the SMP group) or give me a call on my cell phone (PM or email for number).

Hope to hear from you and I look forward to studying with you this upcoming year!

-Will

See you guys in the program!

Last edited:
I'd honestly suggest removing your name & e-mail, man. Just refer people to the post in the Yahoo group.

Members don't see this ad :)
Best of luck waitlistees! I was waitlisted last year May 28th and got in June 19th. I was pretty much set up to go to Drexel IMS until I got that email so be patient!

Ah yeah, you are probably right...thanks for the advice

I agree with Koko_eats above.

That said, woohoo June is almost here so maybe some of us waitlistees will be getting good news soon. Keep praying for me guys. :)

I'm also on the waitlist so we're on the same boat. :) good luck to you!

I will be withdrawing my acceptance today due to a medical school acceptance!

Hopefully this provides a glimmer of hope and a seat for one of you SDNers anxiously waiting to hear back...:xf:

Good Luck with the program guys, I wish you all the Best!

i can only hope that i get off my list and open up a spot for you guys =0

so when are people heading down to DC? I thought that I was gonna be there all summer but that didnt pan out - I'm looking at July 1....how about everyone else

p.s. did you see the last message looking for more folks for an 8 room house.....8 PEOPLE IN A HOUSE! I think we know where the parties are gonna be

Last edited:
So I was completed April 17th and got the email that said

"We are currently migrating to a new computer system, please allow at least four weeks for a reply."

It's been six weeks since then so do you guys think I should email them and ask about the status of my application. I was also wondering if anyone that was completed after that date has heard back from them at all?

couldnt hurt to give them a call - i would

So I was completed April 17th and got the email that said

"We are currently migrating to a new computer system, please allow at least four weeks for a reply."

It's been six weeks since then so do you guys think I should email them and ask about the status of my application. I was also wondering if anyone that was completed after that date has heard back from them at all?

I was complete a day earlier, heard back May 1 that I had been placed on the waitlist, offered a spot a week ago after an update to my application.

I would say definitely call them first thing tomorrow morning. Leave a message with Ms. Cabiness if she doesn't pick up. It has been my experience that she probably won't return your call, but will do what she can to address your concerns.

Best of luck

I was complete a day earlier, heard back May 1 that I had been placed on the waitlist, offered a spot a week ago after an update to my application.

I would say definitely call them first thing tomorrow morning. Leave a message with Ms. Cabiness if she doesn't pick up. It has been my experience that she probably won't return your call, but will do what she can to address your concerns.

Best of luck

Good updates = :thumbup:

It not only looks good for your application, but it gets them to pull out your application and look at it again!

This is where I'm screwed. i did not take classes this year after the bad advice given by the people in the office that runs USF IMS. So I have no courses to update them with or new MCAT scores other then the last MCAT score I had from September. This sucks.

I hope they take to heart my letter of intent and the email I wrote Dr. Mulroney explaining my situation or message i left for Dr. Myers on the yahoo thing. yah that was me who asked the waitlist questions this year.

I'm so scared.

Its okay, I'm sure they took your letter to heart. There will be movement on the list throughout the summer, so don't give up hope yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Woohoo!!! Congratultions!!

Edit: Never mind I figured out what school it was. Good luck In Virginia next year!!!

Thank You!!! I REALLY hope you get my spot, you seem so determined and incredibly enthusiastic about this program.

I look forward to returning to this thread and reading your posts once you've been accepted!

Can anyone speak about the daily schedules we can expect? This pertains to time spent in class, meetings, time between classes etc

Can anyone speak about the daily schedules we can expect? This pertains to time spent in class, meetings, time between classes etc

Its really hard to give an "average" day because it truly is different every day. If I had to give an average day I would say that you should expect to be in class every day from 9 to 12, and then some days add a 1 to 2 class as well...

Some days, it will be from 10 to 12, others just 9 to 11... There are periods where a couple classes will overlap briefly so sometimes then you'll have a little more class, but I think that as a general rule plan on 9 to 12, and then 1 to 2 some days as well.

You don't really have time in between classes because they are always in the same room. In theory you are supposed to get a ten minute break between classes, but I'd say you normally get 5 cause medical school professors like to talk :)

Don't know if that answers your question, if not let me know I can be more specific!

Its really hard to give an "average" day because it truly is different every day. If I had to give an average day I would say that you should expect to be in class every day from 9 to 12, and then some days add a 1 to 2 class as well...

Some days, it will be from 10 to 12, others just 9 to 11... There are periods where a couple classes will overlap briefly so sometimes then you'll have a little more class, but I think that as a general rule plan on 9 to 12, and then 1 to 2 some days as well.

You don't really have time in between classes because they are always in the same room. In theory you are supposed to get a ten minute break between classes, but I'd say you normally get 5 cause medical school professors like to talk :)

Don't know if that answers your question, if not let me know I can be more specific!

Solid answer man, I appreciate it!

so Dr. Mulroney got back to me today with regards to the email I sent her. she basically said she'd take note of my thoughts and add it to my file and that I could be selected but they still haven't rereviewed my app. their main concern was the obvious, my low ugrad record. Said if I had a stronger MCAT score like yours was it would have been better. but I don't know that I could bring it up any more because my sciences are high but I just can't get past the verbal issue. I've tried and I've taken the MCAT 4 times so I don't want to do this again. I just don't think it will help and as I've been out of school a year I'm afraid it will go down. So I guess all I can do is sit tight.

The other real worry I have is that I can't really send amcas til I know what I'm doing next year so I can slightly change up my PS to say I'm doing the SMP and the courses I'll be taking in there. So looks like my apps are not going to be ultra early once again like I could've hoped for. at least this time I have essays I can just slightly change up from last year so it won't be as time consuming.

I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction, so take what I say with a grain of salt. It takes time for the AMCAS app to be processed, so if you wait even a couple of weeks to hear from georgetown it may not be until July that your primary is complete. Georgetown starts the 1st week of August. That is not going to give you a lot of time to finish up your secondaries while you move to DC before school starts, and from what I hear you don't want to do secondaries during school.

I suggest that you submit your primary as quickly as possible with revised essays(use the experiences you gained during this year, don't worry about the future). When you get the secondaries, mention georgetown then because you will hopefully know if you got in or doing something else by then. And, if you don't get into georgetown, you will at least have an early application. I hoped that helped. Just stick to it and good luck.

So I'm filling out AMCAS right now and I've listed Gtown under schools attended as it says to do on the website. My concern is that AMCAS won't consider my application complete until it receives my transcript from Gtown. So not sure what I'm supposed to do about this. I figured since I have listed future dates for the degree they will not wait for the transcript, but I called AMCAS regarding this and they said that I need to put in a special transcript exemption.

I'm not sure if this is what I need to do or should do. I don't want to cause problems/delays in my application by doing this. Will they still process my application without transcripts from Georgetown?

So I'm filling out AMCAS right now and I've listed Gtown under schools attended as it says to do on the website. My concern is that AMCAS won't consider my application complete until it receives my transcript from Gtown. So not sure what I'm supposed to do about this. I figured since I have listed future dates for the degree they will not wait for the transcript, but I called AMCAS regarding this and they said that I need to put in a special transcript exemption.

I'm not sure if this is what I need to do or should do. I don't want to cause problems/delays in my application by doing this. Will they still process my application without transcripts from Georgetown?

You have to select the Transcript Exemption and then for reason I think it is something like, "Future coursework not yet enrolled." Its been a year so that may be off, but you do need and can get the exemption.

So I got into BU MAMS today!!! Woohoo!! I'm still waiting for Gtown's response since that's my number one choice an I didn't write those emails to Dr. Mulroney for nothing so if I get off I'll come here but at least now I can relax in the sense that I have somewhere to go. I think I'm still gonna hold out a bit longer on the AMCAS since i'm undecided where I'm going for SMP until I know Gtown's final decision but yay now I can breath and hang onto a spot even if the deposit is nonrefundable.

That makes me happy as I was starting to worry I'd have nowhere for the fall.

That's great to hear! Rest assured that whichever institution you decide to go to, it will be a good decision and significant step forward.

So I got into BU MAMS today!!! Woohoo!! I'm still waiting for Gtown's response since that's my number one choice an I didn't write those emails to Dr. Mulroney for nothing so if I get off I'll come here but at least now I can relax in the sense that I have somewhere to go. I think I'm still gonna hold out a bit longer on the AMCAS since i'm undecided where I'm going for SMP until I know Gtown's final decision but yay now I can breath and hang onto a spot even if the deposit is nonrefundable.

That makes me happy as I was starting to worry I'd have nowhere for the fall.

Congrats Guju! That truly is a great program and I was set to go there before hearing back from Georgetown as well... And hey, now you have something to update Georgetown about!! Congrats!!

What do you mean? You think that makes a difference telling them I got in somewhere? I think I've emailed them too much lately that I don't want to come off as pestering them.

PS thanks for the well wishes. :). At least I'm not in limbo anymore and have somewhere really reputable to go to for the fall if I don't get into Gtown. That is exciting cuz BU's is the second most well known and second oldest SMP so recognized clearly across the country rather then just a few places. I'm actually getting more excited about it b/c a few people have told me its a really good program just today itself.

You should be excited!! You definitely don't want to "pester" Georgetown, but at this point in the game I think it plays well for you if they know you are holding another acceptance but would rather go there. If you frame it very much in a "Just to let you know" way it may not be so bad. You could also send it to Ms. Cabiness "for your file" rather than as an update to Mulroney or Myers... OR, you could just wait a week or two and then send it directly to Mulroney!

Either way, it is awesome!

I think generally Georgetown is the "better" program, but like you said BU is a great program. I also think BU has a few one-ups on Georgetown that may even make it the better program. You can extend the masters to two years and do research during that second year. I've talked to people in the program and they've said that the research really helped put them over the edge. Congrats Guju, BU here you come!!

anyone else looking for housing w/in walking distance of the med campus? this is kind of frustrating...

PM me.

Last edited:
anyone else looking for housing w/in walking distance of the med campus? this is kind of frustrating...

PM me.

Just try to be patient and roll with it. Looking for housing, especially an ideal situation, usually stretches out over a week or two. If you look at craigslist over the past week or so, you'll see that there's stuff popping up all the time. When are you hoping to move to the area?

PM me.

it takes a while to find the right fit. I wasted a trip down to DC to try to find solo housing and then 2 days while I was there looking for a house (then finding one, signing applications, only to find a roomie backed out). It took me a looooong time to find what i think is the right place at a good price (granted i also have a dog which makes it 300% harder.)

If you're looking for something unique like a basement apt or house-share, then craigslist is your best (and only) option.

if you're open to other places though, there are apt. complexes galore. Park Crest, Tunlaw Park, Tunlaw Gardens, 4000 Tunlaw, Garfield House, Carillon House (all glover park), MacArthur apts (foxhall/palisades)....River Place is also a great option right across the river from school in Rosslyn (walkable in theory/bikeable) and there's a shuttle that goes right in front of that complex straight to school. You can find that type of apt. building on something like rent.com

FWIW, I was going to move into Park Crest which isn't too expensive if you get a 2bdrm and find a roomie.

It all depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.

Feel free to PM me with any questions....and p.s., if you have a car and are planning to bring it...be extra careful of where you are gonna live due to parking

Last edited:
\Feel free to PM me with any questions....and p.s., if you have a car and are planning to bring it...be extra careful of where you are gonna live due to parking

Any places around campus one should be wary of?

Edit: While we're on the subject, what's the deal with street parking in the area?

Last edited:
hey everyone, i submitted my app may 16 and released my mcat scores on may 22. My applications status still says incomplete because they havn't received my mcat scores and i was wondering if i released them wrong. About a week after i sent my transcripts they updated saying they reveived them but it's been almost 3 weeks and they havn't got my mcats. Is there something I did wrong. I noticed that on the thx status page it says released to amcas, but i dind't apply with amcas...

Did you release to the Georgetown SMP? I think there are two options to release your scores. One goes to the medical school and that is totally separate from the SMP. Your best bet is to call them directly and they'll ask you to fax the scores straight in. That's what I did and my application went complete immediately.

Good luck.

Any places around campus one should be wary of?

Edit: While we're on the subject, what's the deal with street parking in the area?

There are a lot of scenario's and I'll try to run down the ones I can think of. ok, here goes:

If you are thinking of parking @ Georgetown University (university property):
-There is NO parking for students. Plain and simple. If you ever drive to campus and want to park on campus, you go to the visitor lots which are an hourly cost.

If you live in georgetown proper/glover park/burleith:
-Street parking is delineated into Wards or "Zones" depending on where you live. Street parking is good for less than 2 hours without a zone permit (aka a short visit to shop or eat @ georgetown).

What does this mean for us:
-That means, if you live in a zone parking area, you need to buy a zone permit from the city to park there for more than 2 hours (aka overnight etc...) THEY WILL TICKET YOU EVERY DAY if
you don't have a permit. Here is the kicker regarding parking permits though. You have to register you car in DC (DMV costs), and INSURE your car in DC (which could be a HUUUGE difference in what you are used to paying unless you're coming from NYC), and
also buy the parking permit from the city (cheap).

-Alternatively, many homeowners around the Hospital rent out parking spaces in their driveways or behind their houses. The going rate is about $175/month. (wow!) The benefit is that the spot is yours and yours alone and you don't need to switch registration or insurance to DC. Use CL to check for those spots. There is also a parking lot behind Wholefoods on Wisconsin (you'll learn the geography soon enough) where i know someone who paid
something like $100/month for a spot (bit of a hike to school but there's a shuttle that runs down Wisconsin.)

GU is kind of rough because we aren't close to a metro either. If you take the metro to school, you'd need to hop on a MetroBus or GUTS bus to make it to campus.

What I chose to do:
The guy who owns the place I'm going to live in rents his extra parking space for about $175/mo. That's a huge expense. Even if I got a zone sticker for street parking, it's still a huge expense because of the DC insurance rates. My place is super close to school, so I'm buying a good car cover and leaving my car at my mom's house out of state. Estimated savings: ~$5,000.
I also signed up for a zipcar membership ($25/year for GU students vs. $75 normally) for those rare occaisons where i need to get bulk stuff at Target or whatever other car needs i might have. For local shenanigans, my road bike is now going to become a commuter.

feel free to PM about your particular scenario and good luck figuring it out.

Last edited:
hey goose,

I have been looking at parking stuff on the DC DMV website and trying to figure it out. It seems like if you pay 338/year you can get a student reciprocity tag although it says some areas of Georgetown require a residential parking permit. Do you know what the difference is in the tags?

hey goose,

I have been looking at parking stuff on the DC DMV website and trying to figure it out. It seems like if you pay 338/year you can get a student reciprocity tag although it says some areas of Georgetown require a residential parking permit. Do you know what the difference is in the tags?

unfortunately, we're out of luck for reciprocity stickers. Something to keep in mind is that the zone permits are usually only good for a couple blocks. You might live out of the zones in the addendum below. Also, if you live far enough north in glover park, some areas dont need permits and its just free reign on street parking

in regards to reciprocity parking permits:

Note: DC law prevents students in Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) areas 2A and 2E and ANC 3D06 and 3D09 (Georgetown area) from receiving reciprocity parking permits. Students in these areas must get a DC driver's license and register their vehicles in the District in order to be able to park in those areas. For information on ANC areas, click here

im not 100% on the exact streets noted in the zones mentioned in the Note above, so thats something you might want to look into

Thanks for summing it all up for us Goose. I spent some time going over it all this morning on the DMV website and discovered that it's a crapshoot. They don't even clearly distinguish which zone/ward is where with a map. I suppose a place with parking will be an additional criteria for myself.

Hey all,

So I've been accepted to the VCU Cert program and wait listed at Gtown. However, I was accepted to Gtown's GSMI program for the summer and am wondering if it's a smart move to attend the program just to get into SMP. Since there are no guarantees of getting into med school even after doing well in the SMP is it worth going? VCU has a guaranteed interview with my current MCAT and if I maintain a 3.5 GPA. Hope you all can shine some light on this.

Hey all,

So I've been accepted to the VCU Cert program and wait listed at Gtown. However, I was accepted to Gtown's GSMI program for the summer and am wondering if it's a smart move to attend the program just to get into SMP. Since there are no guarantees of getting into med school even after doing well in the SMP is it worth going? VCU has a guaranteed interview with my current MCAT and if I maintain a 3.5 GPA. Hope you all can shine some light on this.

What is the GSMI? I just finished the SMP and havent heard of it, or at least by that abbreviation.

I'd say for now, stick with VCU. If you come off the SMP waitlist then definitely do G-town SMP, but I am assuming that the GSMI probably costs money, and sinces its at georgetown probably a lot of money.

Good luck with the waitlist though!!

Damn so i was on the yahoo group message board and was giving advice to someone with a 3.4 and 38 and truly specified that what i was saying is what an Fl. MD admissions officer would tell this person if they were there based on tons of things I've read this person say on SDN in the past.

So anyhow, some random latina chick started badgering me about how I'm not supposed to post anything if I am not an administrator cuz she's been reading a few of my messages I sent this guy. The funny thing was dr. myers didn't say anything that I didn't say would be told to them from the admissions officers i've met here.

Am I wrong to want to help someone out on there? Are there some sorta rules that say you can only post to get answers answered by Dr. M and SMP admins??? Are students not supposed to answer questions to other students?? Can DrJD come in here and tell me if I'm going crazy of if this person who didn't even ask the original question was just going bat razy on me over stupid stuff??? I even specified that I wasn't an MD admissions officer but speaking from the perspective of what one I'm close to would tell the original poster of the thread.

I've read all 5000 posts in that group, because I have no life. Over the last few years there have been current SMP students posting answers, but generally people who want to get in don't post answers. It's not SDN. And, since everything you post in there could be making an impression on Dr. Meyer, I wouldn't be treating it like SDN. Regardless, if random people are criticizing you for offering advice in the absence of responses from Dr Meyer, their opinions are no more or less valid than yours. Shake it off. You've both got better things to do.

P.S. there's no reason to have said it was a Latina. Not relevant. What if somebody called you some random Indian chick? I'd be itching for a fight, personally...

I did notice those messages and thought I'd chime in and agree with Midlife. It doesn't really matter who is right, but if I was in your shoes I would not at all get upset or make it obvious in the messages in the forum. Dr. Myers is obviously getting the same messages and that's just not an impression you want to give him, esp since he knows who you are and you're on the waitlist.

Whatever was said, was said, but just forget it. Don't waste your breath on figuring out who was/is right.

is this stuff happening on the Georgetown SMP10 yahoo group? If so, I'm missing the drama and want in - where's this discussion ?

Last edited:
This is in the physios group on yahoo. It's separate from the SMP10 group.

I'm still subscribed to the physios yahoo group but I think I must have missed her going off on you Guju... Did she perhaps just e-mail you personally? I got an e-mail update about your responses, and I was confused because I didn't know what you were responding to!

Either way, the yahoo group isn't anonymous so I'd avoid posting messages defending yourself. However, your first post was perfectly legitimate and I think they probably appreciated your well thought out detailed answer!! You are an extremely helpful person and that came through in the tone of your original response :) However, I'm not sure what the purpose of the board is. I know generally it seems as though Dr. Myers is the primary person who answers questions, but i haven't been involved with message group for so long that I don't really know what the "rules" are... Hmm...

There are a lot of crazy people out there especially on public forums so I wouldn't waste time getting suckered into these online fights. Besides that, I don't even think that lady goes to Georgetown, probably just a troll. Anyway, best of luck to you. Hope you get into Gtown

Wow. The SMP10 group is so tame by comparison. There's maybe two posts per week.

It's another yahoo group, but there's also a fb group called "georgetown smp class of 2010."

I think the yahoo groups are just a pain to get to unless you're a frequent yahoo user. The fb group seems to be getting more action.

It's another yahoo group, but there's also a fb group called "georgetown smp class of 2010."

I think the yahoo groups are just a pain to get to unless you're a frequent yahoo user. The fb group seems to be getting more action.

Our SMP09 group never really picked up... I mean occasionally people would send out stuff, but it was never "social." It is definitely the primary way that the class president will communicate with you guys though, as well as the easiest way to let everyone know about an activity...

ah I see now. It says there are 115 members on the SMP10 group. I wonder if that means there are still 65 spots left open.

It very well could, although not every single student ever joined our group. If you are reading this, you were accepted and you haven't joined the group, JOIN THE GROUP!!!

I know it is a pain to make a yahoo id, but once you join the group you can have the messages sent to your normal address and you never have to revisit the yahoo site again. You will literally miss VERY important info if you don't join the group!

Ah I see. Also DrJD, can you read the PM i sent you and respond back please??? I'd be very grateful to you.

Yea, I totally will... I had a crazy busy day and am still finishing up stuff, I'll try write you the kind of response you deserve in the next day or two! Don't worry I haven't forgotten about you! :)

What's the class president about? What does the position entail?

For anyone who is still waiting, I just received my official acceptance in the mail yesterday. Took about 3 weeks.

for those accepted or waitlisted, do you mind posting ur gpa and mcat so i can kind of gauge where I am and make plans for the upcoming year. I'm thinking that even if I am admitted, with a 3.3 and 29 mcat, it might be better to take a year and really try to get a 35 mcat while improving my ec's.

for those accepted or waitlisted, do you mind posting ur gpa and mcat so i can kind of gauge where I am and make plans for the upcoming year. I'm thinking that even if I am admitted, with a 3.3 and 29 mcat, it might be better to take a year and really try to get a 35 mcat while improving my ec's.

Well, I definitely think that a higher MCAT may help, but I think you still might have some problem with your GPA...is this your cGPA? Is your science GPA any higher?

Have you looked at the schools you are interested in? Have you seen what the average GPA is for those schools?

As for the GPA/MCAT for the SMPers, you might want to look through this thread. I've seen a lot of those applying/accepted who've listed their stats.