Georgetown SMP, Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those accepted or waitlisted, do you mind posting ur gpa and mcat so i can kind of gauge where I am and make plans for the upcoming year. I'm thinking that even if I am admitted, with a 3.3 and 29 mcat, it might be better to take a year and really try to get a 35 mcat while improving my ec's.
I didn't have much difficulty in being admitted. I had a 3.3 with good grades in only freshman and senior years plus misc. summer sessions. My MCAT was 32, however.

I decided to defer for a year and raise my ugrad GPA at a local university and get some more ECs under my belt too. I'm happy with what I did. So far ;)

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't have much difficulty in being admitted. I had a 3.3 with good grades in only freshman and senior years plus misc. summer sessions. My MCAT was 32, however.

I decided to defer for a year and raise my ugrad GPA at a local university and get some more ECs under my belt too. I'm happy with what I did. So far ;)

Well I kind of have a U shaped trend:

1st year: 3.5
2nd year: 2.5
3rd year: 3.2
4th year: 3.7

My science gpa is about a 3.5 if that includes my engineering classes, my electives and humanities is like 2.7 or something like that. I have consistently achieved mid-low 30's on practice mcats but on the real thing i got a 29 so I feel like if i really study that for several months, I can get above 34. Also, I noticed koko said that they took some additional classes to raise their gpa. Can I do that after i graduate this summer. If I retake some classes I got C's in, continue with ec's, and get a 33 on my mcat, would that be better than going to the smp? Problem I see with the SMP is that I don't really have any time to get a better mcat and i'm not sure that it is competetive considering my grades.

Well I kind of have a U shaped trend:

1st year: 3.5
2nd year: 2.5
3rd year: 3.2
4th year: 3.7

My science gpa is about a 3.5 if that includes my engineering classes, my electives and humanities is like 2.7 or something like that. I have consistently achieved mid-low 30's on practice mcats but on the real thing i got a 29 so I feel like if i really study that for several months, I can get above 34. Also, I noticed koko said that they took some additional classes to raise their gpa. Can I do that after i graduate this summer. If I retake some classes I got C's in, continue with ec's, and get a 33 on my mcat, would that be better than going to the smp? Problem I see with the SMP is that I don't really have any time to get a better mcat and i'm not sure that it is competetive considering my grades.
1st, 2nd, and 4th years are identical to yours. My third year is even lower than my second ;)

That said, you can certainly create an upward trend by continuing to take classes. As gujudoc said, this depends on your particular situation. In California, for instance, you can no longer take classes at a university after you graduate due to budget cuts. It would make the most sense to stay in school for an extra term or an extra year.

That said, it will not increase your GPA that much. I suggest the following:

[1] Graduate or take a few extra classes. Calculate it with the GPA calculator on SDN or Excel and figure out how much your GPA can reasonably change and consider your financial situation.

[2] Take a year off for ECs and to improve your MCAT

[3] Apply to SMP and/or medical school

You could alternatively apply to Georgetown and defer if you get in to improve your GPA and get some more ECs.

After having to reapply, I'm a huge proponent of getting things perfect before applying. If you think your MCAT could be higher, retake it. If you think your GPA could be improved, do that too. There's no reason to pick and choose what you ought to improve if you can improve them all given your financial situation and given the room for improvement.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, unfortunately i'm in california. I'm actually enrolled in two summer school elective classes after which I graduate, just in time for georgetown to start. So would it be wiser for me to enroll in 3 or 4 science classes which I got C's in and try to get A's, if you replace those C's with A's (is that how it works), i think I would get a reasonable gpa boost, the extra $4k or so would be worth if it means I get into medical school. Also if my MCAT is 33+, I could probably apply late in this year's cycle, I'm just trying to get into any US school (don't care even if it's in idaho or wherever) Maybe then all hope is not lost :)

My immediate concern then for now is whether I should cancel my application to graduate after those two summer electives while I wait for a reply from Georgetown.

So a question about financing.

so some pages back I remember goose or someone projected teh cost at 64k but I was looking at my fin. aid projection from BU MAMS and they said 55k. I would think both are about the same cost of living and the tuition is actually slightly cheaper for Gtown then BU according to the data Dr.Midlife has given on the smp list 2009 information. So how exactly is it that Gtown's projection is 9k more then what I got from BU's information packet today saying 55k or so?

I expect this is because DC cost of living is extremely high, anywhere near Gtown.

yea, unfortunately i'm in california. I'm actually enrolled in two summer school elective classes after which I graduate, just in time for georgetown to start. So would it be wiser for me to enroll in 3 or 4 science classes which I got C's in and try to get A's, if you replace those C's with A's (is that how it works), i think I would get a reasonable gpa boost, the extra $4k or so would be worth if it means I get into medical school. Also if my MCAT is 33+, I could probably apply late in this year's cycle, I'm just trying to get into any US school (don't care even if it's in idaho or wherever) Maybe then all hope is not lost :)

My immediate concern then for now is whether I should cancel my application to graduate after those two summer electives while I wait for a reply from Georgetown.
So I wrote a wonderful, eloquent masterpiece of prose last night right before I went to bed, but it's not here so I don't know what happened.

Since I have to retype this, I'll keep it short & sweet.

1. Retaking 3-4 science classes will not help much. MD schools average retakes so it'll be four classes in which 2.0 + 4.0 = 3.0. I suggest you continue your plans to graduate.

2. If you're ready to take the MCAT now and get a 33+, then do it. If you aren't ready or want time to improve your ECs, then wait a year rather than rushing.

3. Wait to hear back from Georgetown. If you get in, you can defer if you want or go there immediately. I'm in favor of deferring simply because I'd rather have a strong MCAT and a strong GPA trend. If you don't get accepted, then your decision will suddenly become much easier.

As for REL's wonderful adcom mystery book, WHY DOESN'T HE SHARE?!

So a question about financing.

so some pages back I remember goose or someone projected teh cost at 64k but I was looking at my fin. aid projection from BU MAMS and they said 55k. I would think both are about the same cost of living and the tuition is actually slightly cheaper for Gtown then BU according to the data Dr.Midlife has given on the smp list 2009 information. So how exactly is it that Gtown's projection is 9k more then what I got from BU's information packet today saying 55k or so?

well i tried hunting through the internet for the breakdown of the COA for BU MAMS and couldn't find it. I did however find the smp breakdown. keep in mind that these numbers are what fin aid office uses to give you your max loans. you don't need to take out the max loans and could live cheaper than these estimates. Voila:
smpCOA.JPG

Ahh I see. Wow tuition is more there then at BU. I thought it was equal from what Midlife had posted earlier. Guess not.
Yeah Georgetown is obscenely expensive. I wish I found about about Tulane sooner.

I'm just curious about how people are affording this at all. :confused::confused:

Do you have to get the health insurance there???

If you're referring to Tulane, yes you are required to have insurance. That little bit of info they didn't mention before I applied made my decision to remain employed while doing my program an easy one :cool:

As for affording my program...I have to use private loans. lame.

ME TOOOOO!!! My friend did the program a few years ago and was lucky that he had inherited 35k from his grandmother which was to be given either when he was 35 years old or when he needed it for higher education. So he was able to use that. Outside of that his wife had a 40k a year job So take 5k out of that and the rest for living expenses. I don't have a spouse earning money so I'm scared. I could technically get the money from my mutual funds if my dad were to sell it off but he won't which is the even crappier part of things otherwise I'd be ok and just worrying about med school loans.

Hey gujuDoc, I read that you were from an hour south of Tampa, whereabouts? I'm living in B'ton.

Congrats on the BU SMP program!

I'm currently starting at USF in the fall to work on my BA and cross enrolling for my organic chem/physics at SCF (former MCC). Because of being stupid way back when I first got out of HS and not w/d properly I've some F's in my closet, which unfortunately lowers my GPA. Which stinks because my GPA would otherwise be about 3.9.

This is the Gtown thread so I was asking about Gtown.

I have health insurance privately. i don't want to have to pay for that as well if i can keep my personal health insurance that i have via Blue Cross Blue shield of Fl.

If your own health insurance meets the standards of Georgetown's required student health insurance, then you are able to decline and continue with your own coverage. In other words, you won't have to pay for their coverage.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess you have to have perfect credit for that, huh?

Nah, just decent credit or a cosigner. If you've had a job where you were consitently pulling in income and haven't defaulted on anything, haha, it's not that difficult.

I'm just curious about how people are affording this at all. :confused::confused:

Loans and to a lesser extent, savings. You can expect to meet a comparable amount in tuition throughout your years in medical school. I think it's best to get past the large amount of debt you will be taking on for the program because it won't stop there.

A better way to look at it is that you will probably owe around $200,000 when you begin your residency.... What's another $40,000 spread over X amount of years?

EDIT- I know at least one person will call me out on $200,000 as not being accurate. Everyone has their own situation. Let's just call it an absurdly large number that makes us feel sick when we think about it.

Nah, just decent credit or a cosigner. If you've had a job where you were consitently pulling in income and haven't defaulted on anything, haha, it's not that difficult.

Well, I guess it is a good thing that this is a couple of years down the road for me. Unfortunately hit some hardtimes which had my credit score plummet, and when you are a nontrad, your option for cosigners aren't as readily available since both parents are on fixed incomes.

Do you know why they force you to have to pay for some sorta standad healthcare?

I'm curious because of the following reason:

As many of you know I did a MS at USF prior to applying to this and at USF they never said anything like that. Is this because this is an actual program where you take medical courses or something? I know in med school its cuz you are exposed to sick people all the time and you also need to have the malpractice insurance for obvious reasons. But as this is just a graduate program, I'm curious why the reason for this.

Good query. I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps someone well versed in the matter can chime in.

So about the health insurance question...

You are required to have a certain level of health insurance. If you have work sponsored health insurance through a spouse or a parent you will be fine. If you have nothing though, you will be required to purchase health insurance through the school. They automatically sign you up and charge you, and you have to physically opt out with proof of other coverage if you don't want to pay for it.

So, if you do have other health insurance, make sure you remember to opt out because its almost 2 thousand dollars!!

Ahh I see. DrJD,
As long as you are online. can you reply to the PM I sent you last week soon? I'm asking cuz you said a day or 2 so I was wondering when you'd get a chance to look at things. thanks for your help. I appreciate it much. PS if you give me your full name, I'll add you on facebook as i know you were asking about finding me on fb.

Sent! I was writing as we posted!

It was scary cuz on the BU MAMS thread they are saying its more like 70k just for that one year plus few extra months for the thesis. They said if you do it as a 2 year deal its more like 90k. Med school itself is 160k at a cheaper state school with cost of living (COL) taken into acct and at a more expensive school a quarter of a million. But its easier to justify paying that for med school cuz its guaranteed that you will have a residency somewhere if you pass everything and be making money. Just doing an SMP doesn't guarantee anything. that's why its so scary to think about.

I suppose that's the price we all must pay for needing to go to an SMP in the first place. But take solace in the fact that working hard and having a good head on your shoulders will be rewarded. That's a guarantee you can count on.

as for me, im paying all on loans

just another tidbit to keep in mind: The estimates the fin aid office gives you in loans are for a 10 month budget. You'll probably only be finding one year leases so plan your budget accordingly.

so if you share an apt with someone does that mean the amount actually reduces some?

No. Nobody's keeping track. One could technically pitch a tent and still get disbursed the same loan money.

Y'know, it occurred to me today that while this program is ridiculously expensive, it's not THAT bad. Stanford, after all, used to be the same price for undergrad. Now it's $52k. Stanford MBA is $80k.

While this still makes a large dent in my budget for actual med school, it could be much worse. I guess we've been spoiled by public schools :)

Yah I know what you mean. I just wish these institutions were cheaper. No wonder some people accuse them of being money makers. LOL. But I guess I've never had to deal with this cuz I lived in Fl. and went to a public institution where even for their SMP the cost of the program was 12k, cost of living another 10k-20k depending on how frugally you live and whether or not you could get a roommate to live with to reduce rent prices and bills.

I doubt many of the people going in have ever had to deal with anything like this. I certainly have not. If I had to guess, there's probably 10 people going into Georgetown that are not taking out loans to cover the cost. I feel fortunate that I can go into it debt free as of next month. Now I can play the game all over again!

So I had just finished my search for housing. Found a great place in Foxhall. I know the process can be a pain so if anyone has any questions, just ask.

I must say, Georgetown is going to be a great area for everyone coming in. Right from the moment I saw the Washington monument driving into town to having a stroll down M street, it was nothing but enjoyable. Good times.... right up until I was leaving DC and had a guy on his cell phone rear-end me while stopped at a redlight :thumbup:

Other than that, it was all gravy :laugh:

So I had just finished my search for housing. Found a great place in Foxhall. I know the process can be a pain so if anyone has any questions, just ask.

I must say, Georgetown is going to be a great area for everyone coming in. Right from the moment I saw the Washington monument driving into town to having a stroll down M street, it was nothing but enjoyable. Good times.... right up until I was leaving DC and had a guy on his cell phone rear-end me while stopped at a redlight :thumbup:

Other than that, it was all gravy :laugh:
I hear it's a fantastic place from everyone I've spoken with. My childhood memories aren't so fantastic, but I guess a lot has changed.

Y'know, it occurred to me today that while this program is ridiculously expensive, it's not THAT bad. Stanford, after all, used to be the same price for undergrad. Now it's $52k. Stanford MBA is $80k.

While this still makes a large dent in my budget for actual med school, it could be much worse. I guess we've been spoiled by public schools :)

Not to be too much of a downer, but this is kind of a silly post. A Stanford MBA makes you money. Significant money, generally. The Georgetown SMP gives you a chance to take a bunch of classes that you're going to have to repeat in a year anyway and the opportunity to MAYBE go to medical school. Not to mention that the masters itself doesn't carry a lot of weight in any professional context.

It's a huge rip off if you don't get into medical school. It's probably a pretty big rip off anyway. $52K on top of medical school on top of undergraduate is going to hurt A LOT later on. It's better than the caribbean, I guess...

It's all about return on investment. From a financial prospective, the ROI for an SMP is terrible. You make basically no extra money for your $52K in loans.

Last edited:
Not to be too much of a downer, but this is kind of a silly post. A Stanford MBA makes you money. Significant money, generally. The Georgetown SMP gives you a chance to take a bunch of classes that you're going to have to repeat in a year anyway and the opportunity to MAYBE go to medical school. Not to mention that the masters itself doesn't carry a lot of weight in any professional context.

It's a huge rip off if you don't get into medical school. It's probably a pretty big rip off anyway. $52K on top of medical school on top of undergraduate is going to hurt A LOT later on. It's better than the caribbean, I guess...

It's all about return on investment. From a financial prospective, the ROI for an SMP is terrible. You make basically no extra money for your $52K in loans.

I think you are wrong :) For most people in the SMP, they could not get admitted to medical school without it. Also, keep in mind that 80 to 85% of the class goes on to medical school. So down the road they will be making 150 to 200 thousand dollars a year BECAUSE they attended the SMP. If you come here and don't need it or don't get in because you don't work hard, then yea its a waste. But that applies to the Stanford MBA as well. Do you think that 100% of their graduates go on to make enough money to justify the degree? No...

The financial return for me with the SMP is huge. With a B.S. in Biology you will typically top out in the 60 thousand dollar per year range, after many years of working. Because I attended the SMP, and as a result am now going to be a medical student my eventual earning potential has gone up substantially.

So, it can be a good investment. :)

True but as there are at least 15% that still don't get in, its a pretty scary thought. You know what I mean? I guess once you get in med school you stop stressing but as no one is there yet its still pretty scary to think about.

My point is that risk is there no matter where you are, even the Stanford MBA program. You think the bottom 15% of the class at the Stanford MBA school are going to see some huge return on their investment? I'd wager that closer to the top 50 to 60% will see a return.

So 85% is freakin' amazing!

There is a risk associated with every investment that matters, so don't worry! Just go and work hard!

Plus, for the SMP, the 15% who don't get in is unique in that some of them CHOSE not to go to medical school. I can think of a few people in my class off the top of my head who decided medicine wasn't for them. Some choose Law school, or a PhD program instead. So the success rate is even better than it sounds!

I think you are wrong :) For most people in the SMP, they could not get admitted to medical school without it. Also, keep in mind that 80 to 85% of the class goes on to medical school. So down the road they will be making 150 to 200 thousand dollars a year BECAUSE they attended the SMP. If you come here and don't need it or don't get in because you don't work hard, then yea its a waste. But that applies to the Stanford MBA as well. Do you think that 100% of their graduates go on to make enough money to justify the degree? No...

The financial return for me with the SMP is huge. With a B.S. in Biology you will typically top out in the 60 thousand dollar per year range, after many years of working. Because I attended the SMP, and as a result am now going to be a medical student my eventual earning potential has gone up substantially.

So, it can be a good investment. :)

I understand what you mean DrJD. Reading my post now I realize that I came off more negative than I wanted to. Probably should have thought of a better phrase than "rip off". I think the SMP is a good idea for a lot of people (I'm going next year).

The point that I wanted to make was that someone shouldn't consider the SMP to be a "good value" from a financial perspective just because its cheaper than something like a Stanford MBA. There are too many differences between the programs to even go into, but in many ways, a prestigious MBA is a lot more of a "sure thing" financially than the SMP.

Of course, you need to work hard anywhere to be successful (although I would argue that you need to work a lot harder at Gtown than in a pass/fail MBA program). We're very pro-SMP on SDN for good reason, but I think it's important for people to also appreciate that there is a big financial risk associated with this type of program. Saying "hey, it's cheaper than a Stanford MBA" gives a little bit of a stilted view IMO.

Last edited:
So I am a little disappointed by the SMP admissions committee. My file was complete April 17th and I still have not received any word from them. I e-mailed them June 3rd and they said that my file was under review and a decision would be made soon (she did apologize for the delay).

Thankfully I got into Tufts and will be attending there. Because if not waiting to hear back from Georgetown would drive me nuts. Also, it's not very professional of them to give you this short of a notice since one would need to time to plan a move to DC etc. For example, at my job you have to give a month's notice before leaving.

I have heard of one other person applying much later than me and hearing back from them already. I know that they moved to a new computer system but it doesn't make it less frustrating on my end.

The point that I wanted to make was that someone shouldn't consider the SMP to be a "good value" from a financial perspective just because its cheaper than something like a Stanford MBA. There are too many differences between the programs to even go into, but in many ways, a prestigious MBA is a lot more of a "sure thing" financially than the SMP.

I think it's important for people to also appreciate that there is a big financial risk associated with this type of program. Saying "hey, it's cheaper than a Stanford MBA" gives a little bit of a stilted view IMO.
So I should've chosen a different example knowing that it'd be parsed out. The point of the post, which I hope wasn't lost, is that while this is a ridiculous price from the standpoint of students who went to public schools, it isn't that ridiculous in the grand scheme.

Undergrad at private schools cost just as much (and nowadays even more), graduate/professional degrees that will help to secure a dream job continue to command even higher tuitions regardless of the particular school, and this is a relatively decent price for increasing our chances to get into med school and giving us a headstart once we get in.

I think it's a ridiculous price too and I don't think anyone is going into it thinking that it's a guaranteed acceptance and a great use of $50k. Trust me that I feel terrible about having to waste this much money, but one year of undergrad costs some people just as much and one year of a graduate program can cost 60% more--which is still a painful fee for a young professional even if it earns you bank in the future.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this for a while now and want to bounce some ideas off all of you...so one thing that's been bugging me is the fact that Gtown sends letters to the med schools we apply to telling them to hold off on reading our application until first semester grades are out. I applied late last year which I think put me at a disadvantage and now, deja vu.

So I'm thinking about not disclosing to Gtown all the schools I'm applying to.

1. I think it would be possible for me to get into my state schools, independent of the smp. So why should I put myself at a disadvantage by having Gtown send them letters telling them to wait a semester to read my application? That way, if I don't get interviews by mid-semester, perhaps only then I could tell Gtown to send a letter, and this may prompt the adcoms to take a second look at my application. Of course I'll still write in my secondaries that I'm attending the smp, and they might decide to hold offanyway at that point, but at least it wouldn't be an explicit letter telling them to wait.

2. For other schools that are more likely to put my app in their discard pile upon a cursory glance, this is where I feel that the gtown letter would be of more benefit, so I would likely disclose on day 1 that I am applying to these schools to Gtown.

What do you guys think?

Btw, I thought of an ingenious :idea: way for all of us all to do well. Since we're graded based upon how the med students do on exams, we should get the med school students to party hard right before exam days...now if all the smp-ers were to contribute to a "med school party fund" ...:thumbup:

Last edited:
1. I think it would be possible for me to get into my state schools, independent of the smp. So why should I put myself at a disadvantage by having Gtown send them letters telling them to wait a semester to read my application? That way, if I don't get interviews by mid-semester, perhaps only then I could tell Gtown to send a letter, and this may prompt the adcoms to take a second look at my application. Of course I'll still write in my secondaries that I'm attending the smp, and they might decide to hold offanyway at that point, but at least it wouldn't be an explicit letter telling them to wait.

2. For other schools that are more likely to put my app in their discard pile upon a cursory glance, this is where I feel that the gtown letter would be of more benefit, so I would likely disclose on day 1 that I am applying to these schools to Gtown.
#1 is interesting, I admit

#2 is difficult in practice since you have no idea which schools those are

So there are only a hand full of schools that actually wait to review your app. This is the reason you will have a mound of rejections by the time christmas rolls around :) Ultimately, it really won't matter. The main purpose of the letter that is sent out is to let schools know the details of the program you are in. The method you said would certainly work, because during orientation you give them a list of the schools you have applied to so they can send the letter. You can add schools at any time.

I will just add though, that if you think you can get into your state schools without the SMP, then you shouldn't be attending the SMP. During the first year of the program, it will likely not help you all that much if your numbers are such that you feel confident that you dont need any help to your application to get admitted to your state schools. Just sayin', save yourself the 60 grand and work for a year!

Either way though, good luck with everything!

I've been thinking about this for a while now and want to bounce some ideas off all of you...so one thing that's been bugging me is the fact that Gtown sends letters to the med schools we apply to telling them to hold off on reading our application until first semester grades are out. I applied late last year which I think put me at a disadvantage and now, deja vu.

So I'm thinking about not disclosing to Gtown all the schools I'm applying to.

What do you guys think?

Btw, I thought of an ingenious :idea: way for all of us all to do well. Since we're graded based upon how the med students do on exams, we should get the med school students to party hard right before exam days...now if all the smp-ers were to contribute to a "med school party fund" ...:thumbup:

Exactly!! If you are confident you can get into A MD school period without the SMP, chances are you don't need it and you are wasting close to 70k for a degree that's not going to do much for your career and really only your last desperate attempt to getting into medical school. So why would you do an SMP in the first place? Don't assume an SMP will look so impressive amongst other schools that are top tiers that you will get in there.

Don't assume it will get a ticket into Gtown either. At best it will help the desperate person who is in their last attempt at a shot at med school period.

I'm hopeful, but not confident.

So there are only a hand full of schools that actually wait to review your app. This is the reason you will have a mound of rejections by the time christmas rolls around :)

Morale must be great in the program ;)

Isn't it ironic that G-town recommends that we finish all our secondaries before school starts, yet until then, it won't provide a data on past year's smp-to-md acceptances/rejections. The matriculation list on the smp website hardly provides a complete picture of how applicants fared. Ideally, we'd be given more data by now to help us decide which schools to designate on our AMCAS app, esp since it's being sent out in 2 days.

When are you guys moving to DC? I'll be there friday

For those of you getting here soon, and for those who aren't, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SECONDARIES DONE BY ORIENTATION!

Trust me, once you start classes you don't want to have to worry about them. I felt really bad for my classmates who I saw having to stay up until 2 and 3 AM to write essays after studying. Take advantage of the time off the next month and half. Here's to writing!

For those of you getting here soon, and for those who aren't, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SECONDARIES DONE BY ORIENTATION!

Trust me, once you start classes you don't want to have to worry about them. I felt really bad for my classmates who I saw having to stay up until 2 and 3 AM to write essays after studying. Take advantage of the time off the next month and half. Here's to writing!

Do all secondaries come in pretty soon after applying? I've already submitted my AMCAS and now I'm just waiting to hear back. It seems like it's out of my control until I receive secondaries...

Do all secondaries come in pretty soon after applying? I've already submitted my AMCAS and now I'm just waiting to hear back. It seems like it's out of my control until I receive secondaries...

Sort of... If you go over to the pre-allo forums you can find a list of all the secondary prompts from last year. While you are waiting you can start writing from there! Worst case, they change the prompt, but you can bet you'll still be able to use what you've written for something!

Secondaries do come quickly, I assume at this point you are waiting on verification. This early in the game that should be quick, and secondaries will start pouring in once thats done!

I want to re-use as many of my previous secondary essays as possible. I am expecting some of the same prompts (i.e. why do you want to go to our school?) It will save me alot of time.

Thoughts?

Also, I have not been assigned an advisor yet. If I wanted an official answer who could I get in touch with at the school?

im gonna send the same secondary essays as well - dont change whats not broken (oh wait....they didnt work the first time...hmmm)

I want to re-use as many of my previous secondary essays as possible. I am expecting some of the same prompts (i.e. why do you want to go to our school?) It will save me alot of time.

Thoughts?

Also, I have not been assigned an advisor yet. If I wanted an official answer who could I get in touch with at the school?

Ms. Cabiness!