FAMU PHARMACY C/O 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an interview as well. When did you schedule yours?

I'm so nervous

I'm nervous as well lol I haven't selected a date yet. I'm out of state so I'll be flying in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

well it goes like this, you have 9 "classes" total. One of them doesnt require any work at all, you just have to show up and sign in for an hour (once a week) and hear guest speakers talk about pharmacy related opportunities. so 8 really and all of these are already prescheduled except for 3 (1 hr once a week classes) that you get to choose what day fits your schedule best. so when you are making your schedule these are the only classes you actually get to choose. The earliest you start is 8 am (for lab) and the latest you leave is around 4. So depending on how you choose those classes, you can have one busy day from like 8 to 4 and have a really short day down the week as a result. Also thursdays are pretty much days off except for ippe (pharmacy rotations) which is 3 thursdays out of the semester and the rest of the thursdays you are off to do as you please. So all in all id say 2 out of the 4 days are short days (like 11-3) and 2 semi long days (like 9-4) but again it depends on how you choose those 3 classes. I have a friend that leaves his kids at the famu daycare in the morning (like 8am) until 5pm but its pricey, I think $500+ per kid a month), but it works for him.
Is this class schedule for the Crestview or Tallahassee campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this class schedule for the Crestview or Tallahassee campus?
both, lab might be the same time but im not 100% sure but everything else is done at the same time (only thing is crestview is in a different timezone so they are either a hr ahead or behind im not to sure)

Who is having the interview next Monday or Tuesday?

both, lab might be the same time but im not 100% sure but everything else is done at the same time (only thing is crestview is in a different timezone so they are either a hr ahead or behind im not to sure)
Oh okay. Right now I have a full-time job and it's 8-5 so I'm going to have to leave. Do you currently work full-time or part-time with having such a full class schedule?

I do not know what to expect . Does anyone have any insight?
I heard its very intensive. You will be seated in front of 2 or more interviewees and they will be emotionless while interviewing you. I also heard that the interview is between 15-20mins. Some of the questions I have heard they have asked is....

1. Why did you choose FAMU's pharmacy school
2. What can you contribute to FAMU's pharmacy school
3. Why do you want to become a pharmcists
4. What are some health disparities affecting our nation/or community?
5.What are some of your strengths and weaknesses
6. How do you define rattler pride?
7. What are the roles and characteristics of a competent pharmacists
8.Tell me about yourself

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay. Right now I have a full-time job and it's 8-5 so I'm going to have to leave. Do you currently work full-time or part-time with having such a full class schedule?
No and I would advise not to since there were a couple of people who worked (part time) and it hurt them by having to retake a course or two (not saying its not possible but I would just advise against it if possible)

Any body from Georgia got invited for interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck on everyone's interview. Please let us know how things go.

No and I would advise not to since there were a couple of people who worked (part time) and it hurt them by having to retake a course or two (not saying its not possible but I would just advise against it if possible)
Do you just use loans to pay for all of your living expenses?

Do you just use loans to pay for all of your living expenses?
You can still work but it's not recommended to work that many hours especially P2 year.

My wife attended famu and she worked for expenses but she only worked 20-25 hours max.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you all receive an additional interview info other than the date?

Did you all receive an additional interview info other than the date?

I didn't. There wasn't anywhere in the email as to where to go or anything but someone gave directions to the room earlier in this thread or the other FAMU thread somewhere.

Did anyone have an interview today?

Are they sending out acceptance letters all at once again this year? Or are they sending out decision letters by interview date?

Hey how was your interview?, mine is tomorrow and I'm already shaking!

It went well I think. It's really nothing too intense. If this isn't your first interview, you're already prepared. There are some questions here on SDN in some previous years threads that I used to prepare and they asked a few of them. If I can find them, I'll copy and paste them here

Here they are!

1. Why are you interested in becoming a pharmacist?
2. What characteristics do you have that will make you a successful pharmacist?
3. What kind of pharmacy practice are you interested in and why?
4. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
How will you deal with these?
5. What pharmacy experience have you had?
6. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
7. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
8. What appeals to you about our pharmacy program and curriculum?
9. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn how to do something quickly and how you handled it?
10. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted
at this time?

Good Luck and don't stress too much!

Mine was also today. How did yours go?
I had a great interview. I am not sure where all those horror stories came from about past interviews. I did not get to ask them about their Naplex score. Did you ask?

I had a great interview. I am not sure where all those horror stories came from about past interviews. I did not get to ask them about their Naplex score. Did you ask?

Im glad your interview went well, what were some of the questions they asked, and i heard there's essay part?

My interviewers were great also.

I asked about their curriculum and they said that they are changing the curriculum this year because of "new requirements" and it's basically a revamping.

Im glad your interview went well, what were some of the questions they asked, and i heard there's essay part?

The essay really isn't bad at all. I wouldn't stress about that

My interview was good. It wasn't too intense I think everyone should do well....

And they said they would start sending out decision emails by the end of next week so everyone be on the lookout!

I personally was interviewed by only two people... and I was told that letters will be sent out by the end of April...

An interviewer told you that?

He was the guy that gave me all the information for the day. He walked me to and from the interview room and the computer lab.