FAMU PHARMACY C/O 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone applied to other schools besides FAMU?

I have tried holding out on applying to other schools and just submitted some of my applications through PharmCAS.. I don't want to have an interview to another school and miss out on an acceptance from another pharmacy school because I'm waiting on FAMU. Anyone in the same predicament?

i applied to 10 schools and have interviews for 7. i'm not banking on FAMU especially if we don't hear back until may.

Members don't see this ad.

i applied to 10 schools and have interviews for 7. i'm not banking on FAMU especially if we don't hear back until may.

Yeah, It's all about preference. The wait is a little long for FAMU, but I think it will be well worth it, in my opinion. Good luck on your interviews! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah, It's all about preference. The wait is a little long for FAMU, but I think it will be well worth it, in my opinion. Good luck on your interviews! :)

I agree it will be worth it, but thats too much " chance" for me. I will put a deposit down on another school to secure i'm even going somewhere in the fall and then see what happens with FAMU. and thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they have began emailing their own pre-pharmacy progessional students yet?

I agree it will be worth it, but thats too much " chance" for me. I will put a deposit down on another school to secure i'm even going somewhere in the fall and then see what happens with FAMU. and thank you!!

That's exactly what I did. That's all we really can do until we hear something back.

Um has anyone heard anything or contacted pharmacy admission for more information?

Um has anyone heard anything or contacted pharmacy admission for more information?

I read on another FAMU thread that someone called this past week and admissions said they received a lot of applications this year so we should be contacted by the start of April.

Wow. Okay that changes alot of things given the fact they only have 150 seats. However I just looked up their naplex passing rate from last year and they dropped to 59%. did anyone know that?

Reactions: 1 users
Wow. Okay that changes alot of things given the fact they only have 150 seats. However I just looked up their naplex passing rate from last year and they dropped to 59%. did anyone know that?

Yeah, I saw that also. Although not that low, a LOT of schools have dropped in passing rates. It's not a complete deal breaker for me because I know how I study and how I prepare for testings. If invited to interview, I was planning on asking about their passing rate though... like what are they doing to bring this score back up? Is it the curriculum? The professors?

i have heard they started to interview pre-pharm students this week
Wow thats early. hopefully we get calls or emails for interviews by the middle of the month

Yeah, I saw that also. Although not that low, a LOT of schools have dropped in passing rates. It's not a complete deal breaker for me because I know how I study and how I prepare for testings. If invited to interview, I was planning on asking about their passing rate though... like what are they doing to bring this score back up? Is it the curriculum? The professors?
I heard they changed the Naplex. However almost all schools in florida is 80 and above

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the acceptance ratio?

Does anyone know the acceptance ratio?

Well there is 180 seats for acceptance Im sure. However it all depends on how their pre-pharmacy students do if they all pass their classes and apply they have priority of transfer.

randomly (but you could have a preceptor request you like if you know a pharmacist in the area that you know or work with) and that applies with the dates also, you can be anywhere from the 1st 3 weeks of the semester to the last 3 weeks

As you go through the FAMU pharmacy program, have you heard how they prepare students for the NAPLEX? Do you know if the school is making any changes to the curriculum because of the recent drop in their pass rate?

Hey everyone I got invited for an interview!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone I got invited for an interview!

Congrats! That was fast. I was thinking the earliest we would hear back was next week. Are you a transfer student? And did they call or email?

i havent gotten an email or anything yet :(

congrats to you guys!

My GPA is 3.3 ,and I've been working in a pharmacy for three years,What about all of you guys?

Thats nice. I have 3.7, and 1 year of experience in the pharmacy

As you go through the FAMU pharmacy program, have you heard how they prepare students for the NAPLEX? Do you know if the school is making any changes to the curriculum because of the recent drop in their pass rate?
Message me. I was talking to one of my friends who's in the program about this topic

Got invited for a interview !!!

Wow! Congratulations everyone! Are letters sent out based on how early your application was completed? When did you guys complete your applications?

Wow! Congratulations everyone! Are letters sent out based on how early your application was completed? When did you guys complete your applications?
I sent my application out I believe Jan 26th. They sent a email to me

Trying to decide on a day. I have other interviews and FAMU is a top choice, but I see from older post they don't mail acceptance letters til May.
Yeah I heard that is well I think they send acceptance like the end of April after the last set of interviews...

It feels like it's taking forever to hear back from FAMU... I applied back in February.. When will the next wave of interview come in?? IF anyone knows..

At least I have interviews at LECOM and PCOM next week that I can prepare for in the meantime.

It feels like it's taking forever to hear back from FAMU... I applied back in February.. When will the next wave of interview come in?? IF anyone knows..

At least I have interviews at LECOM and PCOM next week that I can prepare for in the meantime.
I feel you. I'm in the same boat. I'm already getting worried since FAMU is one of my top choices. I'm prepping for my interview at UF and I'm still waiting on Nova and USF for a response. :scared::cryi:

I feel you. I'm in the same boat. I'm already getting worried since FAMU is one of my top choices. I'm prepping for my interview at UF and I'm still waiting on Nova and USF for a response. :scared::cryi:

You got an invite from UF??? Luck you! I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I actually have an interview with NOVA as well... I recently declined an invite to Larkin... but So far i heard back from LECOM, PCOM, and NOVA.... I'm a little antsy to hear back from FAMU and UF since those would be my top picks!!!!! :eek:

I was told the next batch will be sent out in two weeks

Reactions: 2 users
You got an invite from UF??? Luck you! I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I actually have an interview with NOVA as well... I recently declined an invite to Larkin... but So far i heard back from LECOM, PCOM, and NOVA.... I'm a little antsy to hear back from FAMU and UF since those would be my top picks!!!!! :eek:
Lol! Lucky indeed! I didn't expect getting an interview there and they responded back to me really quickly. (a 2 week wait turned into a 3 day wait) :eek::eek::eek:
Besides that, im getting the jitters! I really want to hear back from FAMU soon but sadly patience is a virtue :scared:

I was accepted ( with scholorship) to howard University yesterday. FAMU was top of my list as well but now I believe I will be in DC. I wouldn't worry, FAMU will get back to everyone they were on spring break this week too

I'm doing my masters AT PCOM ( graduate in May) if u have any questions about the school let me know! Good luck on interviews!

Congrats to those who got interview invites, I got one too! :)
Does anyone know how many seats are available for this class? And did you all select Crestview, Tally, or no preference for the campus?
I chose tally. how about you?

I just received an interview as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! Did you receive the letter through your personal email or through FAMU account?

I received an email to my personal email. The one I listed on my application.