Eshta 3al 3arab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Check out the commercials for the upcoming Cup of African Nations (CAN), Egypt 2006, from January 20th to February 10th. Pretty sweet. CAN is the world's third most important soccer event after the World Cup and the European Nations Cup.

http://filgoal.filbalad.com/Arabic/AllVideos.asp

Hope you enjoy it.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the link Shobra

and,

Happy 3id to everyone. Kol sana wentom tayeben.

If anyone needs my Paypal account to send me my 3edeya let me know ;)

My brother just referred me to this site , everyone's so helpful , it's great !

I'm an IMG/Egyptian/US citizen seeking a Pediatric residency,through 2007 MATCH .

Can anyone advise me on which States/Cities/Hospitals I'd have a better chance at getting accepted ? You know ; equal oppurtunity , no stereotyping !

Do you know about any current residents wearing it who got fair oppurtunities ? The two I know are USGs .

I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
yesmeena said:
My brother just referred me to this site , everyone's so helpful , it's great !

I'm an IMG/Egyptian/US citizen seeking a Pediatric residency,through 2007 MATCH .

Can anyone advise me on which States/Cities/Hospitals I'd have a better chance at getting accepted ? You know ; equal oppurtunity , no stereotyping !

Do you know about any current residents wearing it who got fair oppurtunities ? The two I know are USGs .

I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Yesmeena. In theory, you would hope that all hospitals here in the US would not discriminate against you for the 7egab. However, based on my experience here in the midwest, I get the vibe that people have more stereotypes and less understanding of muslims. I think applying to states with high number of muslims might be your safest bet - (In no particular order) New York City, Detroit area, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Texas (Houston and Dallas), and Florida. This is just my humble opinion. I really hope that you don't have a problem wherever you apply and highly applaude you for sticking with your principles. Best of luck.

salamz

Hoooba said:
Welcome to the forum Yesmeena. In theory, you would hope that all hospitals here in the US would not discriminate against you for the 7egab. However, based on my experience here in the midwest, I get the vibe that people have more stereotypes and less understanding of muslims. I think applying to states with high number of muslims might be your safest bet - (In no particular order) New York City, Detroit area, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Texas (Houston and Dallas), and Florida. This is just my humble opinion. I really hope that you don't have a problem wherever you apply and highly applaude you for sticking with your principles. Best of luck.

salamz

Thanks , and I highly appreciate your feedback !

Although actually, some places in the midwest, people can be soooo friendly, and kind and simple to everyone- so a lot nicer than for example the big cities were things are much fast paced. :)

hmahappyy said:
Although actually, some places in the midwest, people can be soooo friendly, and kind and simple to everyone- so a lot nicer than for example the big cities were things are much fast paced. :)

I agree that people in the midwest can be nicer and the pace is slower. However, it's generally less diverse and people (from my experience) aren't very comfortable around those of different ethnicities. Having said that, I think it's not a good idea to generalize about the midwest. For example, many would consider Chicago or Cleveland part of the midwest. Also, some other big cities like Minneapolis, Omaha, Kansas City, St. Louis are included in that category. Bigger cities in the midwest are probably a safer shot than some small town in the middle of no where.

Anyone going to TUfts dental school this fall?

Hello everyone,
I was watching a program on "ART America" named " Arabi ta7t eldo2", in which they host a succesful Arab-American who reveals his success story. Each week there's a new hero. I'm very proud of this program-It really shows that Arabs can be succesful in all fields and it motivates younger Arabs.
This week's guest was a doctor that founded "The Palestine Children's Relief Fund" www.PCRF.net I wanted to share this with everyone as it really touched me. I wish one day we( people in this forum) will help people in our countries in the same manner. Ya RAB :)

PS. This program is broadcasted on Tuesdays 12 pm Pacific Time.

Asalamu Alaykum ,

I hope no one's offended , this is totally unprofessional , but just had to say;

MABRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK l'MASR for winning the cup !!!!!! :thumbup:

Alhamdullilah , on to more victories in more fields in life !!!!

yesmeena said:
Asalamu Alaykum ,

I hope no one's offended , this is totally unprofessional , but just had to say;

MABRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK l'MASR for winning the cup !!!!!! :thumbup:

Alhamdullilah , on to more victories in more fields in life !!!!

I am totally offended

Just kidding. Alf Mabrouk ya masr. 3o2bal 2010 World Cup

i m a medical student in o6u university and studying for the usmle part 1
i wish we could gather togther and help each other

abedox said:
i m a medical student in o6u university and studying for the usmle part 1
i wish we could gather togther and help each other

Check out the USMLE Step 1 forums on this website , they're very very informative .

I'd suggest teaming up with people at your University ( put up an ad there or post one at o6u website if you can ) . It'll help keep you motivated .

Do ALOT of Qs , they say your score will be proportionate to the # of Qs you did , not how well you studied !!

Once you choose the scources you'll study from , stick to them no matter what ! Don't get distracted by all the different ones out there .

MUST GET "First Aid for USMLE Step 1" , check your college's bookshop , or AinSham's or Qahira's .

Good Luck !

Members don't see this ad :)
assalamu 3alaikom,

I've been away for quite sometime, so I just wanted to say mesa2 el fol 3aleekom gamee3an :)

Hey guys ...
I don't know if I have ever posted here before (guilty if I have not).
I just wanted to say "Salam moraba3" to all arab/middle eastern doctors here.
Ana Sherif bilmonasba. I graduated Ain Shams University School of Dentistry.
Good luck to everyone !

ESHTA 3AL 3ARAB !
Masrawy 3alatool (bas mabakolshy chipsy) ;)

Attachments

• king_tut.jpg
    king_tut.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 392
  • Temple-of-Philae-Nubia.jpg
    Temple-of-Philae-Nubia.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 441
  • Pyramids-of-Gizeh.jpg
    Pyramids-of-Gizeh.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 410
Salaam to all Arab,
it's my pleasure to be one of you people,
my name is Marwa, and I am almost graduating from podiatry school in USA
just wanted to join your group :thumbup:

Marwa USA said:
Salaam to all Arab,
it's my pleasure to be one of you people,
my name is Marwa, and I am almost graduating from podiatry school in USA
just wanted to join your group :thumbup:

Welcome!

Hoooba said:
I agree that people in the midwest can be nicer and the pace is slower. However, it's generally less diverse and people (from my experience) aren't very comfortable around those of different ethnicities. Having said that, I think it's not a good idea to generalize about the midwest. For example, many would consider Chicago or Cleveland part of the midwest. Also, some other big cities like Minneapolis, Omaha, Kansas City, St. Louis are included in that category. Bigger cities in the midwest are probably a safer shot than some small town in the middle of no where.

Yeah, from my exprience I have to say that the Chicago suburbs still have a slower pace than the actual city and there are TONS of Arabs over here.

hi guys i am new here, dentist graduated 2003 from alex university egypt, anyone here preparing, or even took ndb part one i need urgent help!!! ya gama3a please help me if so my email is [email protected]

heido said:
hi guys i am new here, dentist graduated 2003 from alex university egypt, anyone here preparing, or even took ndb part one i need urgent help!!! ya gama3a please help me if so my email is [email protected]
Welcome Heido,
Get the application from the ada www.ada.org and then start thinking about your studying resources. u can find the decks at www.dentaldecks.com .
You can also try checking the international dental thread and the sales thread in this forum for people who would like to sell their part 1 study materials or people discussing how they preapared for part 1.
Good Luck!

heido said:
Hey Heidi.
I sent you a private message outlining the process.
I will paste it here too, incase anyone has your same concerns in the furutre.

NileBDS said:
Here is where what you will need to get signed up. I think the written exam fee is around $165, and is held in July and December. The fee for the computer based exam is roughly double that amount (around $300) and obviously, is administered year round.
You will also need to submit a "general" report from the ECE which would include an eveluation of your dental school transcripts, as well as a verification of your degrees equivalence. However, I would suggest that you do the "course by course" one, since you plan on pursuing further education here in the states.
These links should help you get started.

http://ada.org/prof/ed/testing/natboard/part1_eligibility.asp#documentation

http://ada.org/prof/ed/testing/natboard/part1.asp

http://ece.org

I also have the 2006 dental decks and past exams for part I on CD if you need a copy.

hi everyone ....
My name is Hassan and i'm orig. from Syria ....
i wonder what the best books for USMLE Step 1 are ....
i'm really confused here ,,,, and please i need 90% at least because i'm considering some highly rated programs ....
please any help ??

and by the way ...has anyone tried TommyK High Yield concepts ??
are they any good ?

thanx guys for the reply, i hope if anyone here in egypt and willing to take part one to contact me so we can exchange the study material!

eshta ya gama3a,

Looks like this thread got burried. I haven't posted in a while. Just got back from an early summer break. I was in Egypt for 10 long weeks (don't be jealous). Something about the weather this time of the year made me spend half my time traveling around. I've been working on updating the gallery for a couple of days. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Masa2 el fol

http://www.pbase.com/ihabh

Hoooba said:
eshta ya gama3a,

Looks like this thread got burried. I haven't posted in a while. Just got back from an early summer break. I was in Egypt for 10 long weeks (don't be jealous). Something about the weather this time of the year made me spend half my time traveling around. I've been working on updating the gallery for a couple of days. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Masa2 el fol

http://www.pbase.com/ihabh

Absolutel amazing, I especially loved the ones of the people at Halab, the ones of Cairo are also beautiful! Good job, bro!

hey guys....

Last edited:
arteg said:
hey guys,

I'm also from Mansoura, currently doing my neurology residency in Ohio. it's really nice to find this place where we can meet! saba7 el foll :)

hey arteg,

Welcome to the thread. What part of Mansoura are you from? ana men Tourel

Hoooba said:
hey arteg,

Welcome to the thread. What part of Mansoura are you from? ana men Tourel

Hi..

Last edited:
arteg said:
Hi Hoooba,

I'm from el mashaya, left Egypt 3 years ago.. now doing my residency... what about u?

I left close to 8 yrs ago with my family. Finished highschool and my bachelors here and now starting med school at Case in Cleveland.

Hoooba said:
I left close to 8 yrs ago with my family. Finished highschool and my bachelors here and now starting med school at Case in Cleveland.

okay guess what.... I'm doing my residency at CCF! :)

arteg said:
okay guess what.... I'm doing my residency at CCF! :)

Cool. I figured you were probably in one of the hospitals in Cleveland. So how do you like it up there?

Yanhar abyad koll dool masreyyeen :)

Eih el-7alawa wil ta2alloq dah kollo...

A sincere hello from a Senior Year med student at 3in Shams University...

Anywayz, yareit, if some Egyptian Grad here is doing a Surgical residency (or its specialities), plz COME OUT and tell us ur credentials (USMLE scores, research, publications, US rotations..etc)
We matkhafoosh mil 7asad.. bismillah masha2allah 3aleiko mo2addaman.

3ashan I was a bit under the impression that surgical residencies are so hard to secure, u have to have done rotations in the US as undergrads, then research,...etc.

So u Egyptian Surgical Resident hearing me speak..... ta3ala 2e7kilna tagrobtak yareit... :)

Take care all, wishing the best for everyone.

3in Shams Meds Rule.

PS - eih nizam fikrit el-gawaz while doing a residency? Malhash lazma mish keda?

Knight_MD said:
3in Shams Meds Rule.

Na3m? Na3m? meen 'al? Kasr el Ainy for sure Rule!! We are the best!! :thumbup: kiddah. I hereby open the door for the 3in Shams versus Kasr el 3ainy argument... to be continued...

Yes we rule ;)

Otherwise u wouldn't have this conversation going on all around the US:

US Resident: This is one good doctor.
Another US Resident: This one? Yes he is. He must be from 3in Shams.

...and here's another example for a conversation that happens everyday in the US:

Harvard med student:
Boy I wish...
Another Harvard med student: You wish what?
Harvard med student: I wish I were a student at 3in Shams med school.

So hzma, its a basic fact that 3in Shams meds rule all :)

7atta I opened the latest USMLE Step-2 Q-bank, and found this answered question:

Which is the best med school in Egypt:
A. Qasr el-3iny
B. 3in Shams
C. Qasr el-3iny plus free sandwich
D. Qasr el-3iny plus free BMW

answer: B. 3in Shams

explanation: Because they simply rule.

And right they r ;)

I love reading arabi in english letters :D

I M A Doctor and I Want To Sit For The First Time The MCQ Medical Exam So Please If You Can Help Me With The Papers :) :idea:

really all of u from egypt
i am also
but i still a 4th year medical student
rbna yoafakom en shaa ALLAH
edoaly maakom

hzma said:
Na3m? Na3m? meen 'al? Kasr el Ainy for sure Rule!! We are the best!! :thumbup: kiddah. I hereby open the door for the 3in Shams versus Kasr el 3ainy argument... to be continued...

Although I am from Alexandria, I vote for Kasr El Aini

although i'm an ain shamser... i vote for kasr el aini too!!

Noosh said:
although i'm an ain shamser... i vote for kasr el aini too!!

yes, there you have it KnightMD! Kasr el ainy does rule... :thumbup:

the real conversation:

Ain Shams med student: Boy I wish...
Another Ain Shams med student: You wish what?
Ain Shams med student: I wish I were a student at Kasr el Ainy med school.

Logical Proof: A. a med student rules B. Kasr el Ainy is the best, then C. the med student must be from Kasr el Ainy.
:)

lool... sam7ooni.. asli malsoo3a menhom!

ya 3arab into kilkum 3ala rasi...
ahsan dacatra wallah
iraqi hna
yalla
fe aman allah

this thread needs a revival

SABA7 EL 7'EIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR

deeyala said:
this thread needs a revival

SABA7 EL 7'EIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR

saba7 el fol,

I was just telling myself this thread is drifting away. Has anyone heard of this new movie in Egypt "3omaret ya32oban" The Yacoubian Building. I remember hearing a lot of fuss about it a couple of months ago in Egypt. It's one of the most expensive movies ever made in Egypt. It seems like all the big movie stars in Egypt are in it - 3adel Imam, Yusra, Nor El Sherif, Hind Sabry, and Ahmed Bedir to name a few. The movie was screened at the Tribeca film festival in NYC which I believe might be a first for an Egyptian movie and it good great reviews. Anyway, it looks like the movie just came out in Egypt and it's so controversial the Egyptian parliament wants somed scenes censored. Here's a link to a BBC article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5150718.stm

Anyone seen this movie yet?

Hello everybody,

I'm medical student, 4th yr, Jordan.
Nice to meet you all..interested in making new friend?...sorry, couldn't read all your posts.

Salaam Hooba,
I am Marwa, currently a resident at Cooper Hospital in South Jersey, I am a regular reader, but not big on replies...
However, I had to day something about the movie, cause they made a big fuss about it on the mbc's program by Mahmoud Sa3d
I honestly did not see the movie, but i heard a lot of bad things about it, somepeople even say they took all the bad things in egypt and presented it in one movie...
thought I might add something up here
later
and salaam to all pasrticipants in Eshta 3al 3arab

Hoooba said:
saba7 el fol,

I was just telling myself this thread is drifting away. Has anyone heard of this new movie in Egypt "3omaret ya32oban" The Yacoubian Building. I remember hearing a lot of fuss about it a couple of months ago in Egypt. It's one of the most expensive movies ever made in Egypt. It seems like all the big movie stars in Egypt are in it - 3adel Imam, Yusra, Nor El Sherif, Hind Sabry, and Ahmed Bedir to name a few. The movie was screened at the Tribeca film festival in NYC which I believe might be a first for an Egyptian movie and it good great reviews. Anyway, it looks like the movie just came out in Egypt and it's so controversial the Egyptian parliament wants somed scenes censored. Here's a link to a BBC article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5150718.stm

Anyone seen this movie yet?