Eshta 3al 3arab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Shobra said:
I have no problem with what you said (except maybe the origin of the word "masary," I'm not sure about that. I believe it's short for "masareef").

Anyways, I don't care for Mubarak, and I don't think any of the above posts do. It's easy to assume that most of those who would vote for Mubarak are brainwashed. However, as we mentioned, this is not the case. The problem is that, as we also mentioned above, there is no one else. He is the "least worst." You are talking about an Islamic state. Fine. Could you tell us then who we should vote for?! What's his name?

Perhaps you aren’t brainwashed. (In all honesty, I hate when people throw that term around.) But you are certainly in denial or you are grossly misinformed. How can you say that he is the least worst? You have not tried to defend this statement or offer evidence that would establish its validity. Rather you resort to repeating it. Show me the evidence and then we’ll talk.

Shobra said:
I believe that the word "brainwashed" is easy to use for labelling anyone who just would vote for Mubarak for apparent reasons. Don't make the big mistake of thinking that others "just don't get it". I believe there's much more to it.

What apparent reasons? That he is the least worst? :rolleyes:
What's that I hear? A broken record? :p

Shobra said:
I don't like Mubarak, and I don't like that he's been running the country for almost my age. I am willing to vote for someone who can make things better, if such a person existed...

Peace!!!

You don’t like him, do not re-elect him. That would seem like the most logical series of events to a sensible person, wouldn’t you agree? (It seems simple enough to me.) For argument’s sake, I am going to pretend that you have convincing evidence to lead you to unflinchingly believe that the other two candidates will cause much greater harm to the country in a month than Mubarak has over his 24-year reign. Given such an (outrageous) assumption, I still stand by what I said, namely that you should STILL kick Mubarak to the curb. He’s had his chanceS -as there were SEVERAL- and he didn’t capitalize. It isn’t your duty to give him the benefit of the doubt. In fact, it is every citizen’s duty to do just the opposite. That is, you (as a citizen) are inherently obligated to scrutinize every action he takes and to evaluate/criticize every decision he makes. This is how you maintain a successful democracy- by keeping the boss in check and making sure he is held accountable for his actions. When the people feel that he has failed them/their country, you say ok, you’ve had your chance, and you blew it – time for someone else.

Which begs (and brings back) the question: ANYONE else? That is a resounding yes you hear via cyber space. Why? Well because you want to set a good precedent for future leaders. The precedent being that once you are in power, it is not game over, but rather game on – that is to say that when you have assumed power, your job isn’t finished but rather has only just begun! And if you do not do that job to the satisfaction of the people who elected you to accomplish it, then you are NOT going to get re-elected. Period. End of discussion. Therefore, if you do not like the way Mubarak has handled things, you do NOT re-elect him. Because otherwise, the message you are sending is we are ok with what you have been doing (even though this is clearly not the case). And believe me he got the message, loud and clear. As did any other potential future leaders.

So you see, the abuse of power paramount among today’s leaders is due to the fact that when they reach the coveted leadership position (korsy) they do not assume the responsibilities that come with said position (although they certainly reap the benefits associated with it). Secondly and more importantly, they are NOT being held responsible for their reckless actions by the people. Instead, they are being rewarded for said actions by being kept in power. This in turn leads to them abusing their power even more than was previously done since they found such a course of action to be rather rewarding the first time around. This also brings us back full circle because once again, the same precedent is being set for future leaders (and so the vicious cycle continues…)

So… Unfortunately the precedent that has been set as a result of these elections is diametrically opposed to what I have been harping on (at length!). I am a firm believer that past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour (stranglely enough, this is what precedent connotes in a vague/loose sense). This leads me to two conclusions: namely that Mubarak will continue to “lead” his country as he has in the past; and that the next leader who is likely to be his son will learn from him (and from the precedent that has been set) a valuable lesson – that once in power, you will not be held accountable for your actions by the people who presumably put you there. This lesson is so valuable that we all pay the price.

Cheers,
Monette

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, when we say that we do not know anything about the other candidates, that does not automatically imply that it's because of our ignorance or our lack of being informed. It is simply because no one else has a history on which we can judge them. This could be a good thing or a bad thing. It is up to every citizen to decide on that. I went with the latter one (actually, I did not vote, I am only saying what I would do). Mubarak is not charizmatic, and so aren't they. However, Ayman Nour for example is on trial for fraud. And today he got kicked out from his party leadership.

What I want to say is that I would definitely like to vote for someone else. But that person has to first be credible. Well, is Mubarak credible? I believe yes, but only to some extent. Enough to make him a better candidate than the others. So, when I say that he is the least worst. That is a subjective opinion. No one has to agree with it.

In U.S. elections, people had to choose between Bush and Kerry. Were they the best ones to lead the country? Hell no!!! Yet, people still voted for either of them because they were the only ones available. How many voted for Nader? Few hundred thousands, including myself. Many people, who would otherwise elect Nader, voted for Kerry. Not because they liked him or because he was the best, but just because they believed he was better than Bush.

Therefore, it makes sense to me to keep someone like Mubarak in power so long as I believe the others are worse than him. At the end, it is all a matter of opinions. Others might argue that we should elect any one else just for a change. I don't think that is such a good idea because with a country like Egypt this could lead to instability. Again, this is just what I think.

I will say this though. Mubarak's son will run the country on my dead body.

Take it easy...

Shobra said:
First of all, when we say that we do not know anything about the other candidates, that does not automatically imply that it's because of our ignorance or our lack of being informed. It is simply because no one else has a history on which we can judge them. This could be a good thing or a bad thing. It is up to every citizen to decide on that. I went with the latter one (actually, I did not vote, I am only saying what I would do). Mubarak is not charizmatic, and so aren't they. However, Ayman Nour for example is on trial for fraud. And today he got kicked out from his party leadership.

OK, I was not trying to insinuate that you or anyone else is ignorant. I just meant uninformed with respect to these two candidates which you seem to say is really the case. But I suppose with lack of credible information, no one can be blamed for not knowing. So I respectfully retract that comment.

Shobra said:
What I want to say is that I would definitely like to vote for someone else. But that person has to first be credible. Well, is Mubarak credible? I believe yes, but only to some extent. Enough to make him a better candidate than the others. So, when I say that he is the least worst. That is a subjective opinion. No one has to agree with it.

Well I am not saying my opinion is the right one either or that anyone has to agree. I just put it out there for the purpose of dialogue. I also should have said this before but I forgot… I am not from Egypt so perhaps I am not fully informed about the particulars of the situation nor do I pretend to have a scholarly understanding of the grand scope of the problem. So forgive any ignorance on my part.

Shobra said:
In U.S. elections, people had to choose between Bush and Kerry. Were they the best ones to lead the country? Hell no!!! Yet, people still voted for either of them because they were the only ones available. How many voted for Nader? Few hundred thousands, including myself. Many people, who would otherwise elect Nader, voted for Kerry. Not because they liked him or because he was the best, but just because they believed he was better than Bush..
Therefore, it makes sense to me to keep someone like Mubarak in power so long as I believe the others are worse than him. At the end, it is all a matter of opinions. Others might argue that we should elect any one else just for a change. I don't think that is such a good idea because with a country like Egypt this could lead to instability. Again, this is just what I think.

Again, just so we're clear that I don't want to start a flame war, this is just my opinion. I don't think your analogy is a very good one. Mubarak has been in power for 24 years. If he had just come out of a 4-year term (like in the US) and he was the "least worst", then sure I would understand why people would vote for him. But he has been in power for six times that period and counting. I just think keeping him in power is asking for trouble, that's all...

Shobra said:
I will say this though. Mubarak's son will run the country on my dead body....
Let's all hope it won't come to that.

Shobra said:
Take it easy...
Ditto.

Cheers,
Monette

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool...! Thank you anyways for your insights.

I believe that the only Arab countries with legitimate elections are Algeria and Lebanon. The rest should should learn from the experiences of those two countries, each depending on its conditions.

However, if I get to choose to have elections and be like Iran or to not have elections and be like Egypt, I would go with the latter in a heart beat.

Hope your MCAT went ok. I am almost done with all of my secondaries and I think the Committee letter might hold me up a little bit. Oh well, will see where this process is going to take me.

Peace,
Rashid

ya gama3a ana bad3ookom gamee3an lentkhab 7ezby el gedeed, "7ezb el wa3'd el perocraty eltahakomy el7or"

wa shokran :luck:

Dr_Amr said:
ya gama3a ana bad3ookom gamee3an lentkhab 7ezby el gedeed, "7ezb el wa3'd el perocraty eltahakomy el7or"

:D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dr_Amr said:

Eshta, Eshta. ;)

Shobra said:
I will say this though. Mubarak's son will run the country on my dead body.

Take it easy...
I don't think that is any doubt now that gamal will take over after his father. All the people who voted for mubarak this time should understand that they have actually put gamal in power by doing so.
Don't u know that gamal is the one who selects the ministers now, isn't it clear.It's almost fair to say that he's already running the country NOW!

futurdentist said:
I don't think that is any doubt now that gamal will take over after his father. All the people who voted for mubarak this time should understand that they have actually put gamal in power by doing so.
Don't u know that gamal is the one who selects the ministers now, isn't it clear.It's almost fair to say that he's already running the country NOW!

No I don't know. How did you see something like that?

He seems to have had some history with the party alright, and it would suck if they elect him to take over after his dad. I hope that the people won't let this happen.

We cannot do much but wait and see.

Shobra said:
No I don't know. How did you see something like that?

He seems to have had some history with the party alright, and it would suck if they elect him to take over after his dad. I hope that the people won't let this happen.

We cannot do much but wait and see.
I'm sure u noticed that the newly appointed ministers are a little bit younger than usuall. Well many of them are gamal's personal friends, others came to power because of his recommendations , including nazeef, I hear.
Don't forget that the next elections there could only be 1 candidate besides mubarak(hosny or gamal). That's because of the constitution ammendment that took place recently. And only the parliament can decide who this candidate is!!
This means that next election the mubaraks have minimal competition, if any at all!! And then gamal would be a ligitimate president since he will win the elections, even if only 100 people show up to vote .It's a well know scenario.

That's y I thought that the people who actually voted for mubarak this time have just sold the country to his son.
They just played us right!!!
U might find this interesting http://baheyya.blogspot.com/2005/09/of-ruses-and-resistance.html

Has anyone seen this new drama series on FX Networks called Over There. I watched this show for five minutes a couple of days ago and I felt sick to my stomach. This is the most racist piece of crap I've seen on television. The way they showed Islam and the people in Iraq made me want to smash my television. Comments anyone??

Yeah, it's horrible. I saw the part when they were trying to "save" that woman from being killed because she knew another guy or something like that.

I hope that anyone in the right mind will be able to figure that this is all propaganda for the Iraq war.

Hi everyone,
I'm a Lebanese premed at the American University of Beirut. I don't think there are many Lebanese residents on this forum (come out, come out, wherever you are) so I kind of feel special and unique. But I'm glad to see that there are so many arabs. It's good to know. And in response to earlier posts, I would just like to say the fact that I'm Christian and that my name is not arabic (Anthony) does not make me any less arab than anyone else here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Silentiger said:
Hi everyone,
I'm a Lebanese premed at the American University of Beirut. I don't think there are many Lebanese residents on this forum (come out, come out, wherever you are) so I kind of feel special and unique. But I'm glad to see that there are so many arabs. It's good to know. And in response to earlier posts, I would just like to say the fact that I'm Christian and that my name is not arabic (Anthony) does not make me any less arab than anyone else here.

True that. Welcome aboard

Silentiger said:
Hi everyone,
Hi Anthony,
I would just like to welcome u to our thread. And no, religion has nothing to do with how loyal we are to our arabic ethnicity. We all have the same worries , concerns ,dreams and feelings.
"Musa naby, Eesa naby, Mohammed naby, we kol men leeh naby yesally 3aleih " as we say in egypt:)

I tried posting three times last night but my computer was not cooperating. +pissed+ Since I thought this was worthwhile enough to type four times, I really hope it works!

Silentiger said:
Hi everyone,

Hi Silentiger,

I used to be the only known Lebanese person (though not resident) on this forum and I am more than happy to relinquish that title. Welcome to the forum :)

With respect to your concern over comments expressed by some posters regarding Arabs with non-Arab names, I believe the comments were made in reference to Andrew Fanous, the guy cited in this article:

http://www.voanews.com/english/AmericanLife/2004-12-07-voa16.cfm

If you read the article, you'll realize that he is the one that seemed rather appalled at the notion of being considered (or of being even remotely associated with) Arab(s). So although I do not agree with the comments that were made, I just wanted to point out that they were provoked (which I understand does not necessarily justify them), and were not wholly without foundation.

In any case, out of interest, or more aptly disgust and a compulsive need to satisfy my curiosity, I decided to google Mr. I think I am God’s non-Arab gift to the non-Arab portion of Egypt’s largely, if not entirely Arab population :rolleyes: , and I came across this website:

http://www.andrewfanous.com/

To save you from the misery you may feel after perusing it, I suggest that you go to the link “My Resume” on the left and scroll to the bottom where you will find his “Activities”. In particular, of interest is the fourth listed activity:

Middlebury College Arabic Society Founder and President. 2002-2003

Interestingly, though not surprisingly, he seemed to at one point consider himself Arab enough to found an Arab society and preside over it. So naturally, in a vain attempt to come up with some sort of logical explanation, I thought that perhaps the above article (where he openly discussed his pride in being NON-Arab) was written BEFORE he decided to found such a society. My logic was that perhaps since that time, he had had some sort of divine epiphany which caused his sentiments to be drastically altered (and for him to subsequently embrace being an Arab). Alas, logic does not prevail and the article was written AFTER he presided over the Arab society which he founded. And to add to this hypocrisy, you will be interested to know that he continues to be so adamantly opposed to being called an Arab that he devotes an entire hate-filled essay to this topic on his webpage. Unless you’re feeling particularly masochistic, do not waste your time reading this:

http://www.andrewfanous.com/Politics.htm#Arab?

So… I sincerely urge you all to follow in my footsteps and call him on this inherent hypocrisy by posting in the "Sign my Guestbook" section of his webpage (the link is also on the left). (If my comment is still not up when you’re reading this, it’s due to the temporary technical difficulties alluded to above.) Silentiger, you should speak out against this because one idiot should not have the power to misrepresent the majority of proud Christian Arabs like yourself, whether they have Arab or non-Arab names. However, in particular, I think all the Egyptians on here should point out to this guy that he is certainly in the minority when he feels “dishonoured” upon being referred to as an Arab.

I think we need to kindly inform him that if he doesn’t want to be an Arab, splendid, but he’d better not subscribe to the term whenever he d@mn well pleases and whenever or wherever he finds it particularly convenient to do so. :mad: :mad: And he had also better refrain from hurling insults, spewing hate and making outrageous and unfounded statements about Arabs after using a clearly skewed sample of (mis)information for his “research”. I wholeheartedly hope that he continues to be as disgusted with being an Arab as I am with him because I certainly do not want to be associated with the likes of him. He may think that he is a national "prince" or "hero" but I think he is little more than a national disgrace.

As a side note, this guy had better be praying he’s Arab enough to be pretty d@mn fluent in the Arabic language because his proficiency in the English language or more correctly lack thereof certainly leaves much to be desired.

Edit: I just had more coffees than I care to remember and am seriously on speed… So, if some parts of the above have the semblance of incoherent ramblings, it was the caffeine talking. The rest can be vouched for by yours truly,

Monette – TGN

This guy is pathetic and a douch... I don't care for what he says so long as he does not insult Arabs.

Shobra said:
This guy is pathetic and a douch... I don't care for what he says so long as he does not insult Arabs.

Precisely. The problem is he did insult Arabs. Plenty. His webpage seemed to serve two purposes: inflating his ego, and bashing Arabs. And bash he did. If you read (past tense) any or all of the FIVE essays in his “politics” section, you’d know exactly what I’m talking about. There really wasn’t very much on that webpage that wasn’t extremely infuriating, particularly when you're on a caffeine high. :mad:

And I don't know if any of you guys noticed, but suddenly, his webpage is password-protected. Coincidence? I think not. :rolleyes: I honestly think he's lurking somewhere on SDN and he came across this thread and read my comments. No, I don’t think I or my comments are the centre of the universe :p , but I mean he is pre-med and for a guy who is so narcissistic and who thrives on attention to suddenly disable public access to his website a day or two after our discussion broke out seems rather fishy to me. Well if that is the case, which I have a hunch it is, I’m glad he got a piece of my mind. And I can’t really say I’m surprised. For someone in as defenseless a predicament as he found himself, he was terrified of the mere notion of having someone blow his cover, so he made certain that the only people that could access his webpage were those that belonged to his ego-boosting crowd. I mean did we seriously expect that he would actually try to defend his (defenseless) case or even *gasp* offer an apology or perhaps even try to open the lines of communication with *louder gasp* Arabs? Oh for shame to even suggest such an atrocity! I guess he couldn’t bear the idea of having all those *****s that idealized/worshipped him with overzealous-bordering-on-cult-like fervour discover their non-Arab Egyptian prince was *gasp* somewhat Arab by his own standards and *double gasp* not perfect. Perhaps we should be grateful that he won’t be subjecting the rest of the world to his barbarically narrow-minded and spite-fueled views.

And yes in case you haven’t already noticed, I must confess, I find the idea of him being scared off by some girl posting on an internet forum deliciously entertaining and wildly amusing. Absolutely delightful; I am tickled pink.

So, if you are reading this Mr. Andrew Pathetic Fanous, I just wanted to say: Thank you for making my day. And I just wanted to let you know that in addition to all the above, I feel deeply sorry for you. Besides for the obvious reasons alluded to by Shobra of you being a pathetic douche, I just can’t imagine it being very healthy to harbour that much hate. Emotionally draining, isn’t it? You should really consider some spiritual cleansing; it will do you a world of good. Stop hating. Let the fanous, er light guide you to channeling that energy into more productive and useful pastimes, like say reading some books; your English could use all the help it can get. And I mean real books, not the crap you use to substantiate your unsubstantial claims and perpetuate your delusional views.

In any case, that’s all I’m going to say about him. He thrives on attention and I refuse to be supplying it, even if it is of the negative kind. So I’m happy to announce that Fanous, your much-extended fifteen minutes of fame under the fanous, er limelight are OVER.

Over and out,
Monette

Edit: If you missed the sarcasm in the above post, I suggest you re-read it. It was quite rich.

He did encrypt his webpage... Oh I wish I had checked it out more thoroughly. I only read that article about him when he's saying that he's a non-Arab Egyptian. I surfed his website quickly though. So this is why I probably didn't find where he was affending Arabs. Anyways, I believe we shouldn't spend any more of our time worrying about this ego-inflated, self-f***ing being. He is entitled to consider himself whatever he likes. I just don't think that he has the right to despise the rest of us.

Let's get back to the admissions process. It's almost here people. A week from Friday. Good luck to whoever is waiting.

Hi,

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Ramadan. May this year bring unity, peace and prosperity to the Arab world, and health and happiness to those who belong to it. And to all my fellow pre-meds, may this year bring you closer to the fulfillment of your goals and the realization of your dreams. :luck:

Cheers,
Monette

Monette said:
Hi,

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Ramadan. May this year bring unity, peace and prosperity to the Arab world, and health and happiness to those who belong to it. And to all my fellow pre-meds, may this year bring you closer to the fulfillment of your goals and the realization of your dreams. :luck:

Cheers,
Monette

Ameen ya rab-el 3alameen :)

hi everyone
Amr From Egypt .. studying medicine last year (6th grade)

i wish i can go to Canada for my postgraduate studies ...

ya reet loa fi ay wa7ed 3andoh ma3lomat 3an el mo3adlah el canadiah yerselly 3ala el email
[email protected]

we yekoon loh gazeel el shoker ...

ana 3amalt searchat keteer 3ala el net bas mesh 3aref awssal lenategah mofedah ..

3lshan kedah badawer 3ala 7d fi canada ao 7ad 3amel el tagrobah de 3lashan astafeed menoh

neseet a2ol ana atmana at7'asses fi teb el atfal ( Pedriatrics)

shokran

Kol sana wentom tayebeen ya gama3a. Good luck to those wating for the MCATs

i wish we could have a month off for ramadan, its been pretty tough managing time, and trying to study so far, and thinkin about mcat which comes out in 3 days!!!

el salaam 3aleekom every one . :)

besara7a ana mabsa6a kteer menkom 3alaa el-nasha6 we el-mosharkat el-7elwaa ... :thumbup: :thumbup:
ana medical student in taibah university =madinah al-monoarah, ksa :D
i wish ena kol wa7ed menena yefeed e7'wano el-3arab bema 3endo men tajareb....

anayway :D , i feel fine that i'm not the only person suffering from MD school !! :laugh:

ana ma7amad men el mansoura fe sana sata, hanet 7mtahan 7`las, we nefsy fe residency of ophthalmology fe ai 7eta fe USA, we nefsy 7d ysa3edny law yenfa3, rabena m3akom kolokom, we beltawfee2, emaily aho law 7d 3awez ysa3d [email protected]

Medo said:
ana ma7amad men el mansoura fe sana sata, hanet 7mtahan 7`las, we nefsy fe residency of ophthalmology fe ai 7eta fe USA, we nefsy 7d ysa3edny law yenfa3, rabena m3akom kolokom, we beltawfee2, emaily aho law 7d 3awez ysa3d [email protected]

hi ya man. ana men el mansoura bardo. welcome to the forum. es7aby 3andak fel kolia bey2ololy khamasa we sata awsa7' sanaten. rabena ma3ak. enta nawy takhod el USMLE wala eh nezamak ?

come on guys, this thread needs a little life

Uhm, before the OP starts conversing with himself :p , I'll bite... Although every time I post here, I'm afraid I'm going to kill an already morbidly-on-the-verge-of-extinction thread :( ... So please don't let this be the last post... I hate being a thread killer...

With regards to the discussion in the above link, I think it demonstrates people giving themselves a certain label whenever and wherever they find it particularly convenient to do so... It seems that subscriptions to certain ethnicities are made in the pursuit of satisfying personal motivations and little else... Very sad, I know...

And as another attempt to save this thread, may I suggest that in the absence of a captivating topic, each person should post a question which the next person should answer. This person should then ask another burning question that they’d like answered… Note: The questions needn’t be medically related and they needn’t pertain to anything in particular… Whatever is on your mind will suffice… So ask away!

Cheers,
Monette

Hoooba said:
hi ya man. ana men el mansoura bardo. welcome to the forum. es7aby 3andak fel kolia bey2ololy khamasa we sata awsa7' sanaten. rabena ma3ak. enta nawy takhod el USMLE wala eh nezamak ?

wallahy ya hooba, f3lan ana 7'las gebt gas, sana sata de zebala, bas rabena yesahel, hanet, ana fakert eny a7'od el USMLE bas es7aby 2aloly enha s3ba we momken tes2at we keda y3ny, fafakert fel hegra bas le2etha s3ba bardo wekol balad 3awza mo3adla, anazh2tmesh 3aref 23mel aih, aih r2yak, t2der t7lely el moshkela deh, y3ny ensa7ny, eshta y aman

Medo said:
wallahy ya hooba, f3lan ana 7'las gebt gas, sana sata de zebala, bas rabena yesahel, hanet, ana fakert eny a7'od el USMLE bas es7aby 2aloly enha s3ba we momken tes2at we keda y3ny, fafakert fel hegra bas le2etha s3ba bardo wekol balad 3awza mo3adla, anazh2tmesh 3aref 23mel aih, aih r2yak, t2der t7lely el moshkela deh, y3ny ensa7ny, eshta y aman

shof ya captain medo, ana seme3t en el USMLE dah 3awez maghood showeya. ya3ny hayeb2a sa3b enak takhdo wost el derasa. we kaman, el emte7an 3'aly, ya3ny a7sanlak te3adeh men awel marah. a7san 7agah ta3melha enak tekhalas el kolia 3andak we takhod el emte7an dah 3ala wara2a. azon momken tekhalas el Step I and Step II fe sana aw sanaten bel keteer awy. akeed fe nas 3andak fel kolia 3amalo el 7ekaya dey we ya3rafo aktar meny.

mawdoo3 el hegra dah ba2a 7agah tanya. ana a3raf kaza wa7ed men el sudan 2ademo hena fel USA 3ala magester aw doctorah. we lama yego hena yebtedo yezakro lel USMLE. bas besara7a el 3amaleya dey 3awza magood gamed awy. ana seme3t bardo enak momken tero7 germany men 3'er mo3adla. bas lazem akeed ta3raf tetkalem almany.

shed 7elak ya man. hanet aheh. ana 3aref el kolia 3andoko wes7'a bas hata3mel eh b2a. salamat ya man we ramandan karim

Kol sana wentom tayebeen ya gama3a. Beltawfeek en shaa lel kol

Kol 3am wento bkhair. Yen3ad 3alaikom bi-a7san en shaa allah.

Monette

Saba7 El Fol 3ala kol el Masriyeen

Rana here, still a freshman, in the Chicago suburbs. Been back n forth to Egypt tho for the past couple of yrs. Wow, I'm really suprised at how many masriyeen and arabs are on this forum! Makes me proud. :D I can't imagine myself writing in arabic like that all the time tho...

Actually Egyptians have a great sense of humor, and they add their own flavor wherever they go.. A7la 7aga el wa7ed yekteb keda zay ma howwa 3ayez w ma7addesh yefham 7aga. Ana faker kont ana w wa7ed sa7by marra fe Miami w konna benetkallem 3ala el nas tool el wa2t (this is a bad thing, I know) w homma mesh fahmeen 7aga webeybossolna w yed7ako. If only they knew what we were saying !!

Fascia Lata said:
Actually Egyptians have a great sense of humor, and they add their own flavor wherever they go.. A7la 7aga el wa7ed yekteb keda zay ma howwa 3ayez w ma7addesh yefham 7aga. Ana faker kont ana w wa7ed sa7by marra fe Miami w konna benetkallem 3ala el nas tool el wa2t (this is a bad thing, I know) w homma mesh fahmeen 7aga webeybossolna w yed7ako. If only they knew what we were saying !!
U remind me of myslef , the only problem is that when I go to Egypt on vacation I tend to comment on people bardo forgetting that they can understand me !! :D It takes me some time to adjust!

so guys, what's the latest news on 3mr diab's new album?

eshta ya gama3a, i just found out about this radio station in Cairo that just went to streaming audio. Check out the site :thumbup:

www.radiosawa.com

Hoooba said:
so guys, what's the latest news on 3mr diab's new album?
the albums out already and its really good as usual

Hoooba said:
eshta ya gama3a, i just found out about this radio station in Cairo that just went to streaming audio. Check out the site :thumbup:

www.radiosawa.com

It is not in Cairo. It is an American radio station affiliated with AL Hurra TV that was operating from the US before American settlement in Iraq and has been operating from Iraq thereafter.

Fascia Lata said:
It is not in Cairo. It is an American radio station affiliated with AL Hurra TV that was operating from the US before American settlement in Iraq and has been operating from Iraq thereafter.

Oh, I guess that explains the accent then.

Fascia Lata said:

You need to have connections

PM me and i can email you a few links to several of the songs...