Eshta 3al 3arab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lebanese gal here :)

Members don't see this ad.

Monette said:
Lebanese gal here :)

I think you're the first lebanese i've met on the forum. My best friend from back home in Egypt has an obsession with Lebanon. We've talking about go down there for one summer. I don't think it'll ever happen :rolleyes:

welcome to the forum

Hoooba said:
I think you're the first lebanese i've met on the forum. Me and my best friend from back home in Egypt have an obsession with Lebanon. We've talking about go down there for one summer. I don't think it'll ever happen :rolleyes:

welcome to the forum

I haven't been there in a while and haven't seen the "new" Beirut... I hear it's absolutely gorgeous now... Some of my family is actually down for the summer and I'm stuck here :thumbdown:

My dad is obsessed about going to Egypt (even though he's been there before :rolleyes: ) which has made me obsessed about going there myself... perhaps someday insha allah (there I typed in Arabic once!!)

Cheers,
Monette

Members don't see this ad :)
elsalamo 3alaikum..
Hi guys,
I'm so happy to talk with arab guys from over the world, I'm palestenian 48 (Arab-Israeli).. I have just finished my third year in Tel-Aviv university.. really it is a great university... in the next year I will start my MD-PhD program.. Inshallah...
As known.. Israeli universities attribute a great importance for research... and many americans come to Israel for studying, specially medicine.. as a result there are tow programs here in Tel-Aviv University.. one for americans and one for israeli students...
i just want to know more about studying in the arab countries..

ma3 7obbi..

DNA-Sackler said:
elsalamo 3alaikum..
Hi guys,
I'm so happy to talk with arab guys from over the world, I'm palestenian 48 (Arab-Israeli).. I have just finished my third year in Tel-Aviv university.. really it is a great university... in the next year I will start my MD-PhD program.. Inshallah...
As known.. Israeli universities attribute a great importance for research... and many americans come to Israel for studying, specially medicine.. as a result there are tow programs here in Tel-Aviv University.. one for americans and one for israeli students...
i just want to know more about studying in the arab countries..

ma3 7obbi..

Welcome DNA-Sackler

Good luck with your training. I was just wondering what the defintion of an Arab-Isreali is? I've heard that term before but I am not sure what it means

Hi ihab.. ana Egyptawy zaiiak :D. im in second year undergraduate fe teb cairo ( kasr el ainy ). My name is Hisham. Hope we can conversate soon. SALAMZZ

hisham3000 said:
Hi ihab.. ana Egyptawy zaiiak :D. im in second year undergraduate fe teb cairo ( kasr el ainy ). My name is Hisham. Hope we can conversate soon. SALAMZZ

Hi ya Dr. Hisham. Welcome to the forum.

Hi everybody. Just wanted to let you guys know I am going back home to Mansoura in Egypt for the next five weeks. I just finished my summer internship at NIH and I've got some time before classes start. My next post is going to be from home sweet home :D

salamat

should have told me that you are going to egypt earlier, you probably could have taken some stuff for me to egypt.... :rolleyes: just joking, i hate being the "carrier boy" inshallah terga bil salama

thnx DNA_slacker allh ywafgak o y3eenk

It was really interesting/fun reading what u guys have said

Allah ywafgkom wet9eeroon a7san dikatrah fi el3alm, allah y3eenkm<<<I can write like this all day ;)

c ya
a_a

Members don't see this ad :)
SaLaM Every one :p

i'm a medical student at King abdul aziz univ...in jeddah...going to 5th year...

7elow net3araf 3la 3arab fee dowal tanya...3am ydrosoO 6eb O byt3azaboO zayena :D
a7es eno mo la7aly !

Hoooba said:
Hi everybody. Just wanted to let you guys know I am going back home to Mansoura in Egypt for the next five weeks. I just finished my summer internship at NIH and I've got some time before classes start. My next post is going to be from home sweet home :D

salamat

Masr Hatnawwar ya Hooba basha

Dr_rOrO said:
SaLaM Every one :p

i'm a medical student at King abdul aziz univ...in jeddah...going to 5th year...

7elow net3araf 3la 3arab fee dowal tanya...3am ydrosoO 6eb O byt3azaboO zayena :D
a7es eno mo la7aly !

Welcome Dr. Roro.

Good luck in ur medical studies, and always remember u r NEVER alone in this. Anyway I believe KAAU med school is a pretty strong one.

hi everybody.
howa ento koloko bashary? mafeesh 4ad hena asnan khales??

salam

Greetings from Mansoura. Hope the MCAT went well for you guys

Hatha Yousef Akhookem min Libya, ana far7an anej into 3amleen thread khass bil 3arab, m3a assalaama.

Ytreki said:
Hatha Yousef Akhookem min Libya, ana far7an anej into 3amleen thread khass bil 3arab, m3a assalaama.

Ahleen beek ya Hatha. Nawart el forum

Salaam,

3rd year medical student here in NJ sayin salaam to all the other fellow egy's (and arab) on this forum. Ana zaha'at min kool el muzakra deh.

Lemme know if you feel the same way.

Salaam,

Sammy

tab fee had mawgood fe california? 2ana ha2adem insha'Allah el saif dah bas 2al2an 2awy. had yed3eely, wa rodoo 3aleya eza konto fe california

STUCKinUCR said:
tab fee had mawgood fe california? 2ana ha2adem insha'Allah el saif dah bas 2al2an 2awy. had yed3eely, wa rodoo 3aleya eza konto fe california

I am not in Cali, but I am applying to a couple of schools there. Does that count? Now, I'm filling out secondaries. I still am waiting for MCAT scores though. Anyone else in the same boat? Good luck to you guys...!

I'm new here at SDn, and need I some guidance.I was just wondering what exactly is taking the USMLE Step 1 intended for ?
Is it used to apply to a university in the US?
And by achieving a high score ,can it secure you some sort of partial scholarship to a particular med school program.

I'm sorry for posting this here; I was hoping to get some help from my Arab brothers here.

Ytreki said:
I'm new here at SDn, and need I some guidance.I was just wondering what exactly is taking the USMLE Step 1 intended for ?
Is it used to apply to a university in the US?
And by achieving a high score ,can it secure you some sort of partial scholarship to a particular med school program.

I'm sorry for posting this here; I was hoping to get some help from my Arab brothers here.

No one can practice medicine in the U.S. without taking the USMLE. It's not for a university, as those who take it are already enrolled in a medical school. U.S. medical students normally take it after their second year in medical school. Foreign medical grads take it in order to be eligible do their residency training in the U.S. Most FMG I know have taken it after graduation from medical school in another country. USMLE then has nothing to do with scholarships or any form of financial aid since it's taken during or after medical school and because you need it in order to do residency and get paid. A very high score would help you get into a competitive speciality though. Hope this helps...

Shobra said:
I am not in Cali, but I am applying to a couple of schools there. Does that count? Now, I'm filling out secondaries. I still am waiting for MCAT scores though. Anyone else in the same boat? Good luck to you guys...!

Ana kaman men shobra, men shobra 2aghakhan bas 3ayesh fe cali delwa2ty. da3awatkom ma3aya 2al2an gedan 3alal ta2deem

meen ya shabab ra7 enta7áb fel beta3a elli beysammooha el ente7ábat dee???

Fascia Lata said:
meen ya shabab ra7 enta7áb fel beta3a elli beysammooha el ente7ábat dee???

I obviously did not. I am away fromt the country. However, my father is there and I think he voted for Mubarak only because he doesn't know anything about the rest of the candidates.

If Osama El Baz or Amr Moussa had run, I would have voted for them. I believe that we need a carizmatic person who knows what he is doing/talking about. And so far, there isn't any one like that. So, let's just stick with Mubarak for the time being. My 2 cents...

Shobra said:
I obviously did not. I am away fromt the country. However, my father is there and I think he voted for Mubarak only because he doesn't know anything about the rest of the candidates.

If Osama El Baz or Amr Moussa had run, I would have voted for them. I believe that we need a carizmatic person who knows what he is doing/talking about. And so far, there isn't any one like that. So, let's just stick with Mubarak for the time being. My 2 cents...

I just came back from Egypt two days ago :rolleyes: . The pre-elections atmosphere was pretty crazy. Our city was filled with banners supporting Mubarak, which we all is know is bull. It seems that people are voting for Mubarak because he's the least worst of the candidates and because they've been brainwashed by all the propaganda showing Mubarak as our national hero. But seriously, who really thinks the elections matter? The results were probably rigged before the first vote. I guess this is the egyptian version of democracy :D

i dont think you want some right wing islamic law going as president ill take a secular mubarak dictator over a reversion on freedom. Maybe ive been brainwashed, but I dont like the way iran is runnning things, losing alot more freedom, let the ppl decide who should be religious not the government

Abe said:
i dont think you want some right wing islamic law going as president ill take a secular mubarak dictator over a reversion on freedom. Maybe ive been brainwashed, but I dont like the way iran is runnning things, losing alot more freedom, let the ppl decide who should be religious not the government

Its very sad to see the products of brainwashing in my fellow egyptians. Iran is not an islamic state by any scholars standard. an islamic state is one that provides for every member, muslim or not, enough food, a house, and some type of stipend. Some other scholars say also a job. If and only if these things are implemented than the islamic sharee3ah can be applied, such as the cutting off of the hand, since that is the most famous example. And can anything be better than the system of law designed by God? can anything really compare with that? So in terms of Mubarak, how would you vote for him seeing that he has been in power for 24 years and not done anything for the Egyptian people. Before he took over, money in the middle east used to be called "al masary," because of the power of the egyptian economy and the sway they had on all the other arab countries. Mubarak took that and turned Egypt into nothing but another backwards people who have trouble to feed themselves. and yet you would vote for mubarak? the man has been in power for 24 years, kefaya ba2a. El ragel masek fel korsy maska fazee3a, wa mesh radee ye seeb. I dont get it. He is 77 years old, and you would still vote for him? Please, read and learn for yourselves, and dont be subject to the brainwashing by the egyptian and western media

I have no problem with what you said (except maybe the origin of the word "masary," I'm not sure about that. I believe it's short for "masareef").

Anyways, I don't care for Mubarak, and I don't think any of the above posts do. It's easy to assume that most of those who would vote for Mubarak are brainwashed. However, as we mentioned, this is not the case. The problem is that, as we also mentioned above, there is no one else. He is the "least worst." You are talking about an Islamic state. Fine. Could you tell us then who we should vote for?! What's his name?

I believe that the word "brainwashed" is easy to use for labelling anyone who just would vote for Mubarak for apparent reasons. Don't make the big mistake of thinking that others "just don't get it". I believe there's much more to it.

I don't like Mubarak, and I don't like that he's been running the country for almost my age. I am willing to vote for someone who can make things better, if such a person existed...

Peace!!!

STUCKinUCR said:
Its very sad to see the products of brainwashing in my fellow egyptians. Iran is not an islamic state by any scholars standard. an islamic state is one that provides for every member, muslim or not, enough food, a house, and some type of stipend. Some other scholars say also a job. If and only if these things are implemented than the islamic sharee3ah can be applied, such as the cutting off of the hand, since that is the most famous example. And can anything be better than the system of law designed by God? can anything really compare with that? So in terms of Mubarak, how would you vote for him seeing that he has been in power for 24 years and not done anything for the Egyptian people. Before he took over, money in the middle east used to be called "al masary," because of the power of the egyptian economy and the sway they had on all the other arab countries. Mubarak took that and turned Egypt into nothing but another backwards people who have trouble to feed themselves. and yet you would vote for mubarak? the man has been in power for 24 years, kefaya ba2a. El ragel masek fel korsy maska fazee3a, wa mesh radee ye seeb. I dont get it. He is 77 years old, and you would still vote for him? Please, read and learn for yourselves, and dont be subject to the brainwashing by the egyptian and western media

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Shobra said:
Biochemistry Junior
University of Miami
Applying this summer, insha' Allah
This is my first post in SDN
Good luck to all of you, guys, and girls...! :)

mine is biochemistry
was going to be junior until now
luck to u too
wlc

Dear Brothers :

I am Syrian , studying medicine in damascus university , it is a real pleasure meeting you - colleagues of the future and forever brothers in arms - i hope we can start a real society here on studentdoctor forums that may convey a new approach for the usual occidental man to contemplate in our culture ...
i believe that differences among nations ( eastern or western ) are necessary , just like colors are needed to make our life more interesting , however , these varieties in culture do not shut the door for civilised conversation between us ... humans in first degree ... people of our countries in second ...

Thank you for your time devoted to read my post , and may peace flourish among you all

thank u hoooba

but what about studies in usa is it like egypt

there are many worlds like

sackler residency intern ....................

what is its meaning

STUCKinUCR said:
Ana kaman men shobra, men shobra 2aghakhan bas 3ayesh fe cali delwa2ty. da3awatkom ma3aya 2al2an gedan 3alal ta2deem

rabena ma3ak ya man. en shaa allah beltawfeek :thumbup:

yoyo1 said:
thank u hoooba

but what about studies in usa is it like egypt

there are many worlds like

sackler residency intern ....................

what is its meaning

Here's the definition from Wikipedia

Residency is a stage of postgraduate medical training in North America which leads to eligibility for board certification in a primary care or referral specialty. Residency follows medical school, and may follow the internship year or include the internship year as the first year of residency. Residency is comprised almost entirely of the care of hospitalized or clinic patients, mostly with direct supervision by more senior physicians

Hope this helps. Good luck

adagio said:
Dear Brothers :

I am Syrian , studying medicine in damascus university , it is a real pleasure meeting you - colleagues of the future and forever brothers in arms - i hope we can start a real society here on studentdoctor forums that may convey a new approach for the usual occidental man to contemplate in our culture ...
i believe that differences among nations ( eastern or western ) are necessary , just like colors are needed to make our life more interesting , however , these varieties in culture do not shut the door for civilised conversation between us ... humans in first degree ... people of our countries in second ...

Thank you for your time devoted to read my post , and may peace flourish among you all

Great post Adagio :thumbup: . Welcome to the forum

Shobra said:
I have no problem with what you said (except maybe the origin of the word "masary," I'm not sure about that. I believe it's short for "masareef").

Anyways, I don't care for Mubarak, and I don't think any of the above posts do. It's easy to assume that most of those who would vote for Mubarak are brainwashed. However, as we mentioned, this is not the case. The problem is that, as we also mentioned above, there is no one else. He is the "least worst." You are talking about an Islamic state. Fine. Could you tell us then who we should vote for?! What's his name?

I believe that the word "brainwashed" is easy to use for labelling anyone who just would vote for Mubarak for apparent reasons. Don't make the big mistake of thinking that others "just don't get it". I believe there's much more to it.

I don't like Mubarak, and I don't like that he's been running the country for almost my age. I am willing to vote for someone who can make things better, if such a person existed...

Peace!!!

ya akhi el 3azeez, this is why you should not vote for Mubarak. There needs to be a precedent for change in the country. The economy is stagnating, the army does nothing but '2az2az lip,' the cost of everything is going up, we are making no progress with comparasin to the other arabic nations. Therefore, we need to vote for ANYONE else besides mubarak to initiate the change in the society. WE, as in Educated egyptians, need to be positive forces of change in the country, and we do that one step at a time. Do you really know what Ayman Nour or Naumaan Gom3aa would have done with the country? No, and we probably never will, but the fact remains in that we do know what Mubarak did, and it wasnt much. Give change a chance, and it will be surprising what comes out. And as for an Islamic state, i brought that into the conversation to point out how far we are from an islamic state anywhere in the middle east, not that any of the candidates were going to institute anything close to that

STUCKinUCR said:
ya akhi el 3azeez, this is why you should not vote for Mubarak. There needs to be a precedent for change in the country. The economy is stagnating, the army does nothing but '2az2az lip,' the cost of everything is going up, we are making no progress with comparasin to the other arabic nations. Therefore, we need to vote for ANYONE else besides mubarak to initiate the change in the society. WE, as in Educated egyptians, need to be positive forces of change in the country, and we do that one step at a time. Do you really know what Ayman Nour or Naumaan Gom3aa would have done with the country? No, and we probably never will, but the fact remains in that we do know what Mubarak did, and it wasnt much. Give change a chance, and it will be surprising what comes out. And as for an Islamic state, i brought that into the conversation to point out how far we are from an islamic state anywhere in the middle east, not that any of the candidates were going to institute anything close to that

Let's be realistic. Both Ayman Nour and Nuamaan Gom3aa probably weren't going to be that much better than Mubarak. Mubarak has already stole so much that he's probably "shab3an". On the other hand, Nour and Gom3aa are new to the game and may be a little hungry still. Evenmore, we all know that Ayman Nour was supported by the USA (and probably Israel). This means that he would be pushing an American agenda in the middle east. Like I said in my previous post, Mubarak is the least worst

Hoooba said:
Let's be realistic. Both Ayman Nour and Nuamaan Gom3aa probably weren't going to be that much better than Mubarak. Mubarak has already stole so much that he's probably "shab3an". On the other hand, Nour and Gom3aa are new to the game and may be a little hungry still. Evenmore, we all know that Ayman Nour was supported by the USA (and probably Israel). This means that he would be pushing an American agenda in the middle east. Like I said in my previous post, Mubarak is the least worst

i agree with everything u said except for the fact that mubarak is the least worst. we know how bad mubarak is, the other two are relative unknowns. so u cant say mubarak is the least worst cuz u dont for sure. on the other hand the benefits that would come from voting neone else is simple. mubarak has had the throne for 24 years, plus this term, plus his son, gamal, who looks like he will take power after him. and you cant deny mubarak also has a strong influence on Mubarak, which makes the pushing america point invalid. el sha3b need some radical change to get out of this funk we've been in.
u agree?

STUCKinUCR said:
i agree with everything u said except for the fact that mubarak is the least worst. we know how bad mubarak is, the other two are relative unknowns. so u cant say mubarak is the least worst cuz u dont for sure. on the other hand the benefits that would come from voting neone else is simple. mubarak has had the throne for 24 years, plus this term, plus his son, gamal, who looks like he will take power after him. and you cant deny mubarak also has a strong influence on Mubarak, which makes the pushing america point invalid. el sha3b need some radical change to get out of this funk we've been in.
u agree?

I agree that we need some kind of radical change. I just don't think that this radical change would come through these fake elections. Pesonally, I wouldn't have ever voted for Mubarak. I can understand though why others would vote for him.

Also, the other two are not relative unknowns. I personally don't know much about them, but everybody I met back in Egypt said they were "nasabeen".

But let's be real here. It didn't really matter if we liked Mubarak or if we don't vote for him. He was going to win these elections anyway. The results were already rigged before the elections. I mean come on, how the hell would Mubarak get 88.6% of the vote :confused:

Mubarak In My Eyes:
1. 24 years in power and he is till interested in being president:
a. He wants to stay in power until his son takes over.
b. He knows if he is not in power some dangerous files will be opened (elfadaye4 hateb2a 3 elmala2)
c. He is definitely not shab3an walla 4aga and he can't take enough!

2.A 77 year old who is still interested in presidency:
A guy his age can't even tolerate his wife commenting on the suit he's wearing, how can he tolerate any kind of public criticism or even suggestions.

3.Achievments????What achievements?? I don't think we needed 24 long years to have electricity, more schools, and an underground system. These things should have taken no more than 12 years, if we want to think of them as achievments.

4.The longer a person is in power and the more power he has, the more corrupt he becomes. Imagine how corrupt this guy could be with absolute power for 24 years!!

5.Ligitimacy? What kind of ligitimacy?A very small % has actually voted for him aslan, the rest is fabraka! Even when he claimed we would have a real elections , it was a circus!

I guess in my eyes HE IS THE WORST candidate.

Maybe the following websites would be interesting to some of you:
www.harakamasria.net
www.baheyya.blogspot.com

salam

futurdentist said:
Mubarak In My Eyes:
1. 24 years in power and he is till interested in being president:
a. He wants to stay in power until his son takes over.
b. He knows if he is not in power some dangerous files will be opened (elfadaye4 hateb2a 3 elmala2)
c. He is definitely not shab3an walla 4aga and he can't take enough!

2.A 77 year old who is still interested in presidency:
A guy his age can't even tolerate his wife commenting on the suit he's wearing, how can he tolerate any kind of public criticism or even suggestions.

3.Achievments????What achievements?? I don't think we needed 24 long years to have electricity, more schools, and an underground system. These things should have taken no more than 12 years, if we want to think of them as achievments.

4.The longer a person is in power and the more power he has, the more corrupt he becomes. Imagine how corrupt this guy could be with absolute power for 24 years!!

5.Ligitimacy? What kind of ligitimacy?A very small % has actually voted for him aslan, the rest is fabraka! Even when he claimed we would have a real elections , it was a circus!

I guess in my eyes HE IS THE WORST candidate.

Maybe the following websites would be interesting to some of you:
www.harakamasria.net
www.baheyya.blogspot.com

salam

Walahy i agree with you completely, but i feel the sha3b el masry is also somewhat to blame. everyone is sooooo sick of the way the country is going that they dont trust the votes, and that is why someone like mubarak is going to get 88 percent of the vote, because only like 5% of the people voted. so if the other 95 percent had voted, maybe we could have seen something happen.

STUCKinUCR said:
Walahy i agree with you completely, but i feel the sha3b el masry is also somewhat to blame. everyone is sooooo sick of the way the country is going that they dont trust the votes, and that is why someone like mubarak is going to get 88 percent of the vote, because only like 5% of the people voted. so if the other 95 percent had voted, maybe we could have seen something happen.

Actually, there only about 30 million people who were eligible to vote. I am sure that the majority of them didn't vote for Mubarak. But realistically, like i said before, it doesn't really matter. Mubarak had already won the elections before they even started. That was never really a question. The whole process was just a circus show.

I agree with u.But let's not forget that also ela4zab elmo3arda asked the people not to participate, so that made people take the elections less seriously! We have to admit that the only way to have a real elections is to have international monitoring, untill then whoever wins the election is not a legitimate president.
I totally agree that egyptian people have taken a negative role when it comes to politics.It's like they gave up gradually since the so called revolution till now. They do not want to play a positive role. They r more concerned with their cell phones :)
They think that democracy is a gift presented by mubarak. They don't think it's their birth right and it was denied them for decades.Egypt was a democratic country in the 19th century, and even at the time of king farouk there was more democracy than now.
We are a living example for "man estakhaf kawmaho f2ata3ooh"!!!

The only hope now is to have a serious parliamental elections so that these representatives could start asking the government some serious questions.
If that doesn't happen, we are doomed!!

Shobra said:

Ignorance is a lame excuse. The fault is his and so the remedy must be. He should just pick up a book and do some reading.

Shobra said:

The lack of charismatic and knowledgeable candidates does not justify keeping Mubarak in power. Since he certainly does not fulfill the aforementioned criteria, he should not be given any preference over others that are also lacking said criteria. I would rather have someone else who is equally incompetent be in power rather than keep a senile 77-year-old dictator who has already proven that he can accomplish little more than dig the country into a deeper rut than that in which it already finds itself.

Abe said:

WHA? Where did that come from? :confused:

STUCKinUCR said:
Its very sad to see the products of brainwashing in my fellow egyptians. Iran is not an islamic state by any scholars standard. an islamic state is one that provides for every member, muslim or not, enough food, a house, and some type of stipend. Some other scholars say also a job. If and only if these things are implemented than the islamic sharee3ah can be applied, such as the cutting off of the hand, since that is the most famous example. And can anything be better than the system of law designed by God? can anything really compare with that? So in terms of Mubarak, how would you vote for him seeing that he has been in power for 24 years and not done anything for the Egyptian people. Before he took over, money in the middle east used to be called "al masary," because of the power of the egyptian economy and the sway they had on all the other arab countries.

Sorry to be the one to point this out to you, but that is your Egyptian ego talking. There seems to be a lot of that making the rounds.

STUCKinUCR said:
Mubarak took that and turned Egypt into nothing but another backwards people who have trouble to feed themselves. and yet you would vote for mubarak? the man has been in power for 24 years, kefaya ba2a. El ragel masek fel korsy maska fazee3a, wa mesh radee ye seeb. I dont get it. He is 77 years old, and you would still vote for him? Please, read and learn for yourselves, and dont be subject to the brainwashing by the egyptian and western media

You’ve redeemed yourself. The Arabic bit was quite amusing. :D