Eshta 3al 3arab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The Step 1 seems pretty manageable. Its just a matter of how much time we can commit. I mean you do have other subjects once you hit the clinical years so going back to review does get frustrating. It would be easier if one's exposed to materials for Step 1 from the start of med school. But then again, its a matter of determination. A little prep a day would do loads of justice.

The visa issues for Arabs is overrated again. The Sept 11th crap is BS (pardon my French)! If you do well and you're determined, you'll eventually get there. Don't mean to get all spiritual or philosophical here well, it's all in-line with our higher purpose. Pray and if it is part of your higher purpose, you'll get there. Everything happens for the best. Don't think about the visa yet! Cut everything into bite-size pieces and tackle them one at a time for the sake of your sanity! Besides, getting through the USMLE opens more doors, allowing more opportunities. You could always use that as proof that you're on-par with the students in the States. Helps loads in your credential! The passing rate of the Step 1 = 56% which brings the pass ratio to about 1:2. If you go in prepared, you're more likely to pass than fail!

So yeah, go easy! :)

-Maya
Ps. Curiosity killed the cat. Do you have a deviantart account? Mind sharing? I'm more than willing to share mine though its pretty empty. :D

You are right.. step 1 is not impossible to get over with.. but as u said later in ur post, life would have been easier if one has been exposed to the USMLE materials right from the beginning of med. school.. which i assure u is not the case for most ppl here in Egypt.. i mean, students just get pretty busy trying to overcome the university vendettas.. which leads us again to the "assimilate small chunks rather that suffocate on a large one" theory.. so they just end up getting over med. school THEN thinking what's next..

About the visa issue.. here's a true story of a family friend.. he went to the US after he graduated, before 9-11.. he was able to finish both Step 1 & step 2, had to leave the country coz his visa expired.. now, for 3 consequtive years, he gets matched into a residency program but he's never able to get a Visa! I'm not really sure if he did something bad enough to get him blacklisted when he was there earlier..

I still believe the USMLE is a great thing to add to any IMG's ceredentials.. maybe i'm just a lazy ass coz i don't wanna go all over again through physiology, behavioral sciences, bla bla bla..
i just chose the canadian route..:D

Conclusion:
Just go for the USMLE if u can.. it's never a waste of time.. it even helps in other countries..e.g. in Australia, it gives u an AMC step 1 exam exemption..

P.S.
unfortunately.. no.. i was and still more into music.. yet would love to share urs:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, its tough, but not impossible :) I read one of your posts where you said you were preparing for the Canadian boards and using Uni of Toronto's notes or something. :) All the best habibi :)

Completion of all three steps or just the first step? I had no idea you'd get exempted! :)

So yeah, can I pm ya'?

1) thanx a lot:)
2) no...steps 1 &2
3)sure:D

Now why didn't I anticipate this to be another politics-infested thread?!

Now why didn't I anticipate this to be another politics-infested thread?!

Ma shaa Allah. This thread is still going. It's going to see fellow arabs coming out. Good luck to everyone

Wow this thread has survived for like three yrs or somthin.. thats amazing.. I think I left a thread like 2 yrs ago.. boy time flies by!
hey Hooba.. Hows yur residency turning out

Wow this thread has survived for like three yrs or somthin.. thats amazing.. I think I left a thread like 2 yrs ago.. boy time flies by!
hey Hooba.. Hows yur residency turning out

Hi Noosh. I'm actually still a 2nd year med student. 2.5 yrs left before I start residency. Time hasn't flown by that fast unfortunately :)

What are you up to?

Dear moderators. Is there anyway we can get this thread to be sticky?

Hey Hooba..
I'm still enjoyin the pain of step 1 I decided to go for a masters in Biomedical sciences in Florida and now hopin to take the step in Feb InshAllAAAh..
So are you in egypt now.. ?

ya ged3an 7ad safer abl el emteyaz??????????
after USMLEs and all the ****...u graduate on January fe ain-shams,,yenfa3 tel7a2 el Match fe nafs el sana????

Members don't see this ad :)
ya ged3an 7ad safer abl el emteyaz??????????
after USMLEs and all the ****...u graduate on January fe ain-shams,,yenfa3 tel7a2 el Match fe nafs el sana????

makansh 7ad gholob:)

r u sure??
they told me fel koleya that i can have my final diploma abl el emteyaz b3d 6..

r u sure??
they told me fel koleya that i can have my final diploma abl el emteyaz b3d 6..

elly 7ayedohalak dy esmaha "shahada mo2akatta".. enta keda keda lazem tekhalas emteyazak be ay shakl.. matfakarsh temshy men hina men gheir emteyazak..es2al fel amideast law yenfa3 te2addem lel USMLE CK bel shahada el mo2akata...i'm not sure law yenfa3.. but to match u need el shahada el karton..we dy betetla3 ba3d el emteyaz be fatra..

elly 7ayedohalak dy esmaha "shahada mo2akatta".. enta keda keda lazem tekhalas emteyazak be ay shakl.. matfakarsh temshy men hina men gheir emteyazak..es2al fel amideast law yenfa3 te2addem lel USMLE CK bel shahada el mo2akata...i'm not sure law yenfa3.. but to match u need el shahada el karton..we dy betetla3 ba3d el emteyaz be fatra..

man what ur saying is not totally right bec u can take step 2 CK and CS abl el takharog,, both medical students and graduates can take them u can check this out on ECFMF or USMLE website..look for exam eligibilty.

tani 7aga ana sa2alt fe sho2oon el talaba alooli el shahada el kartoon betetla3 3ala shahr 5-7-8 3ala 7asab magles el game3at bas momken te3mel talab este3gal, and u can have the temporary diploma by February or so.

r u in ain-shams?? ana fady fayez,, a2ra3 we saksooka safra:D:D do we know each other??

man what ur saying is not totally right bec u can take step 2 CK and CS abl el takharog,, both medical students and graduates can take them u can check this out on ECFMF or USMLE website..look for exam eligibilty.

tani 7aga ana sa2alt fe sho2oon el talaba alooli el shahada el kartoon betetla3 3ala shahr 5-7-8 3ala 7asab magles el game3at bas momken te3mel talab este3gal, and u can have the temporary diploma by February or so.

r u in ain-shams?? ana fady fayez,, a2ra3 we saksooka safra:D:D do we know each other??

bos ya man.. ana bakalimak 3an tagroba shakhseyya.. ana me7tag el shahada 3shan 3awez akhosh el MCCEE.. ana fe emteyaz delwa2ty.. we khadt el shahada el mo2akatta fe May (we khadtaha baltaga walahy).. we ba3dein ya basha enta fe masr we akeed 3aref eno yom el 7okooma be sana:D:D:D.. besides fee delwa2ty 7ewar.. to apply for canadian board exams, 3awzeen menny el shahada and they'll have 2 validate it ma3 el gam3a (they send letters lel gam3a..and wait for replies).. i think u might picture how careless and irresponisble university employees might act sometimes.. not for anything, but just because they might not fully understand what this is all about..

we ana ma3rafsh awy fel USMLE 3ashan i gave up the idea...bas mawdoo3 el shahada el karton da talabooh men wa7ed sa7by kan 3awez ye3mel matching..

and no..ana makontesh fe 3ain shams:D bas burdo a2ra3 we besaksooka, bas sooda:D

we 7a2ollak tany...matnafadsh lel emteyaz da khales.. it's really important we ma7adesh 7ayakhdak men gheir matkoon khalasto.. i already know egyptians who made it to Canada...and they all told me the same.. i know enak mesta3gel we gayeb akhrak..bas walahy kolena zayyak ya basha.. we ta7ya masr..

ay 7ewar loh 3alaka bel after life (emteyaz wenta tale3) i'll be more than happy 2 help u feeh.. feel free to P.M. me anytime..

salamat..

Eh akhbar el teb fel Alex ya m7ammad?

med in alex? ask me and i will tell you baby
you are so lucky not to be in alex, the hardest med all over the world.. thank God.
For me, I ask Allah to get out on my feet. say ameeeeeeeeen all of u.

Wallahi sa3b, 10 weeks and I'll be done!! ed3ooly

hi fascia lata...... 10 weeks u mean or 10 months?
r u done with 6th yr yet?
i am alex uni too but 6th yr that will finish isa 10 or 11 months from now
:oops:

Wallahi sa3b, 10 weeks and I'll be done!! ed3ooly

hey sorry walahi
i ve just noticed that ur post was in 2005
hehehehehehehe
i will finish isa on 11-2008 or maybe 2009 (in the worst cases).........
ayway nice to know u:D

Hey all,
I guess Im the only Omani medic in this forum, just wanted to join u chaps
Hows everyone doing?

med in alex? ask me and i will tell you baby
you are so lucky not to be in alex, the hardest med all over the world.. thank God.
For me, I ask Allah to get out on my feet. say ameeeeeeeeen all of u.

yeah i totally agree with u
it is the hardest one ever
eve harder than cairo
i've got 11 months to go isa?:oops:
how abt u?:)

Eh ya gama3a el kol nayem wala a. This thread is getting buried. Eh el akhbar keda? Mabrouk ya masr le kas el omam el Africya

ah wallahe ya hooba. MABROOK bass mesh lemasr bass. MABROOK LELARAB!!
It was amazing that this year I really felt support from many arabs.many of them were watching the games and praying for masr to win. I think these feels are far more important than the cup itself.

Mabrook lelkol !!!

Hello everybody! Keep going :)

Salams everyone! Eh akhbarkum? Just passing by!

hello my friends..........

Iam Ash In 2 year in physical therapy .........

Hello everyone!!

This is my first post on this forum..
I'm a 5th yr student on Ain Shams univ....I'm really fed up now with all of the stupid notes we have to study from..

I want to take some advice from you about USMLE preparation...can I replace the stupid notes with some USMLE material??

The problem is that I'm not Egyptian, so I have no chance for a residency in Egypt..I'm frustrated by the fact that time is running out..I have to do something about this..right??

thanks and sorry for being long.

I'm a 5th yr student in ain-shams add me on MSN if u need anything about the USMLE its [email protected], I've passed Step 1 last year.. maybe we already know each other?

hello everybody,

I want to ask ..... is it hard to gain acceptance to a medical programme at JUST and the university of jordan as a foreign student applying through the parallel program?

thanks

AS Salamu Alekum

Hi bros
I'm a fresh graduate (the last graduated class) of Ain Shams university, and I'm still in Egypt, in the god-damn takleef..

I was just passing by... ( barmy el salam ya3ny :D)
yatra hwa dr.deviant84 lesa mawgood? ataman aklomh

Salam

welcome and good luck to all :)

sabahooo ya helween
I'm happy to join you bros
3ala rasy everybody

:)HI EVERY ONE!
am a new member here and am from EGYPT(balady 7abebty) :)
bgd its really nice to find a topic for ARABS...REALLY NICEEEEE:love:
am a dentistry student at MIU...it would be nice to talk to you here:):):)

AS Salamu Alekum

Hi bros
I'm a fresh graduate (the last graduated class) of Ain Shams university, and I'm still in Egypt, in the god-damn takleef..

I was just passing by... ( barmy el salam ya3ny :D)
yatra hwa dr.deviant84 lesa mawgood? ataman aklomh

Salam

deviant84 is not in egypt anymore! :D he's a friend of mine..

hello everybody,

I want to ask ..... is it hard to gain acceptance to a medical programme at JUST and the university of jordan as a foreign student applying through the parallel program?

thanks

It is not hard to get accepted at JUST or JU thru the parallel program.

Last edited:
Hi hooba it's nice idea lool
ana basem men masr ana graduated men teb betary 2006 we tab3an zay ma enta 3aref mafish 7aga fe masr esmaha teb betary
fa badawar 3ala ay 7aga yekon feha deraset teb shar3e aw wild life
post graduate aw study men el awel bas mesh 3aref aroo7 feen aw abtede ezaay
fa yareet law fe ay information 3andak momken tesa3dene biha

ahlan bekol el3arab ma3akom Ahmed 3 teb almansoura
belnesba lelle fe US ento aslan henak saknen ya3ne ma3ako el genseya? walla tele3to men hena?
asl ana leya hekaya taweeeela
mestanne elrad

slamo allah 3alaekom ya dacatra.........ta7iya tayeba weba3d........I'd like to introduce myself before all, my name is mahmoud (bydalla3onee hossam, lol! jk) I'm a second year medical candidate in mansoura medical faculty we rabena yostor....anyway......ana 3ayez 2ahaneee dr. Hoooooba besheda we 3onf 3ashan tab3an howa elle lamina sawa and I hope for everyone to make the most out of this fantastic opportunity btw I was in Wales\UK for 16 years till I was graduated by 2006 or so, then I moved here to follow ma parents foot prints.......good luck for u all!:love:

Hey all, how's life with you ppl!?!? :D
I'm 5th year saydalah.....2arbt 2a khallas!!! lol yay! Any chance on doing the NAPLEX or whatever to go to the US??

hala bel shabab

any 1 form iraqq:)

i am ali from iraq living in uae..
still not a med student,en shala next year(still lookin for a med uni):D

bas 7abet a3aref nafsy

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

i am so happy to be with you and sharing in forum
i hope all of you are good
good luck

Salam
Lots more arabs than I thought are active on these forums. Its nice to see some brothers in the same boat.