Drexel University DPMS Program 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called the admissions office and they told me the committee met yesterday and that decisions should be coming out relatively soon. Hopefully soon means today.:xf:
I'm guessing that means Monday, but at least we know they met.

Members don't see this ad.

I also called and they said early next week. I think it's going to be on monday which is well in line with last year's schedule. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Question: What day does the DPMS program start?!

^^ june 18th...that's two weeks after acceptances are sent out.

Just called and they told me they haven't reviewed all the applicants and the next time the committee meets is Thursday! :(

Just called and they told me they haven't reviewed all the applicants and the next time the committee meets is Thursday! :(
Why do they wait so long to have interviews and review applications? That's looking like a week notice before school starts. That's not enough time to give employers two weeks notice or even secure a reasonably priced flight

i wonder if there is anything they can do... i feel like half the people who get accepted won't even be able to go because there will be no 2 weeks notice or ability to get everything done in just a week

the last interviews were on May 23rd so there should be no reason why it's taking this long. last year the last interview was on may 31st, the committee met on the 1st, and decisions went out on the 2nd. the deadline for this application season was a whole two weeks before last year as well!

who did you speak to when you called? Do you think there's a way that that info is wrong...? or has anyone talked to dr. walker directly? so frustrating...

I actually had my interview on may 24th but during the interview I was told that we were suppose to know final decisions 20 days before the start.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions office secretary and they looked up my name and date of birth and he told me they haven't reviewed all applicants and that we should go to review on Thursday...

I sure hope he's wrong. Maybe if more people call they'll take the hint? They were nice when I called.

do you think they understand the extent of the inconvenience this is right now? I emailed dr walker, but yeah, i think i will call too to see what they say. they have to realize this is pretty ridiculous, i mean it's a huge life change we'd be packing up and moving, some people across the country, there is no way to do that in a week without it being excrutiatingly difficult... i guess they have their reasons though

i just called and the secretary said that the medical school is in charge of deciding when they give out notices and they didn't give her a heads up on when that would happen...now i'm just confused haha

1 weeks notice is absurd. Reasons or not it's a huge life change and a huge financial commitment.

I called Kareem Johnson who was the person we emailed regarding what day we wanted to interview.

Haha yeah I guess that's medical school admissions for ya. :/ Drag out the wait and hit you with the bill! Ugh.

This is getting a bit ridiculous

Sent from my HTC PH39100

I hope we all get in after having to go through all this trouble!

There has to be a way that we can get them to sympathize and realize this isn't ok... Consuming my every thought now literally!!!

Hopefully we'll all be in Philly in two weeks laughing about this over a cold beer and a cheesesteak... :p

They said Friday in the email I just got back. Unbelievable.

Honestly don't even know what to do at this point anymore :/

I am so confused...
How are they supposed to work out all of our financial aid awards and private loans etc in a matter of 1 week?! This is crazy. I am upset, because if we were applying to medical school alone, this would never have happened, unless we were waitlisted, which in that case we would be a the mercy of the students accepted and not the school administration itself (which is whats happening now) So unfair and poor planning on their behalf.
:(

I am very disappointed in the program. I cannot believe this is the way they conduct business. However, they will still take our money and expect us to be there in less than a week's time. I really am starting to believe that this reflects the program. We may not be medical students, however, when we do succeed in the program, we will become their students. It shouldn't matter that this is a program to prepare us for medical school, we still are their students.

I am too very disappointed. When they finally do start accepting people, I bet they're gonna want their $500 deposit right away.

Has anyone received an email from Dr. Walker? They don't even try to communicate with us.

She responded to my last email when she said we would know by June 1st but hasn't answered today when I explained again how difficult it would be to completely uproot in a week and asking whether we will also be notified of rejections... Has anyone else contacted her?

Yes, she said at the time of our interview that's the info the committee gave her, that we would know soon, and to be patient.

let's all be patient, it should be out latest next week.
Wish everyone the best of luck!!! :)

Not everyone is fortunate enough to be patient. Especially those that live out of state. I really hope that they push the program start date back a week. I didn't know it was so hard to look at 100 applications and choose 25 people. It makes you wonder what kind of program they a really running.

agreed about the patient part...but some people who need to do flights and pay deposits, etc. who have no money might be a little affected that is all we're saying.

but good luck all, hopefully it works out!

Lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1338841079.776668.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 99
  • ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1338841222.716130.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 94
Patience is a virtue. Good luck to all. Here's crossing my fingers for Friday!

this sucks! I got accpeted to a program here, its not a medical school related program but I have until this friday to give them the $500 depost. This is absurd wth are they thinking? its ok to move there in a week? get the effing out of here man, some people have actual careers where they just cant bounce in a week's notice man

It is really interesting the situation they put us all in. I really hope it doesn't reflect the program. At least we dont need to keep refreshing our email hoping for a response that wont come until friday!

Not everyone is fortunate enough to be patient. Especially those that live out of state. I really hope that they push the program start date back a week. I didn't know it was so hard to look at 100 applications and choose 25 people. It makes you wonder what kind of program they a really running.

100 applicants or 100 interviewees? I heard something like they were interviewing 100 applicants which gives us a 25% chance of getting accepted. that's pretty competitive. Judging from the numbers given by various interviewees here on SDN, it doesn't seem like they really interviewed 100, seems more like in the 60s. What do you guys think?

At my interview on the 22nd, they said they had interviewed 70-75 ppl, and last year they accepted 40 ppl, and 35 ppl attended. If they do the same thing this year, there's about a 50% chance.

I spoke with dr. Walker today. She is completely rude and has no respect or regard for the situation she put all of us in. Good luck trying to speak with her. All her answers will be short and rude. And yes, they expect us to be there on the 18th!

Last edited: