Drexel University DPMS Program 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RealityDream

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying for this year? I am!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying for the 2012-2013 cycle as well!! I anticipate an excruciating wait process after reading previous threads, but it seems worth it. Good luck to you both!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have one acceptance at a DO school but already paid the application fee so I figured I would still complete the app. What's everyones stats? I was unsure If I was competitive for the program.

MCAT: 27-10VR, 9PS, 8BS
SGPA: 3.01
CGPA: 3.23

I have one acceptance at a DO school but already paid the application fee so I figured I would still complete the app. What's everyones stats? I was unsure If I was competitive for the program.

MCAT: 27-10VR, 9PS, 8BS
SGPA: 3.01
CGPA: 3.23

Your mcat is a few points higher than mine and your science is a bit higher than mine...

...and I guess I am somewhere in between you two.

Carlton, are you just applying/applied to the DPMS program or are you also checking the other postbacc programs like the IHS at Drexel?
Your mcat is a few points higher than mine and your science is a bit higher than mine...

...and I guess I am somewhere in between you two.

Carlton, are you just applying/applied to the DPMS program or are you also checking the other postbacc programs like the IHS at Drexel?

I decided not to (edit).

Last edited:
I am currently applying for the Fall 2012 MSP Program. I see that there is no specific thread for the MSP program as it is different from DPMS/IMS but just thought i'd say hi!

I'll be applying here also along with U Cinci, Georgetown Gems, Tufts, and Wake Forests. Might be adding EVMS, BU, and Temple's as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I got one in the mail about 2 weeks after applying. It said my app was complete. You?

Yes I got one in the mail about 2 weeks after applying. It said my app was complete. You?

Nothing. I'll call today and check because I sent in my app as soon as possible so I should have gotten a post card by now.

I applied in Jan and still haven't gotten a post card stating my application was complete??? I did get an email (the day after or so) saying thank you for applying, I will be hearing from them soon. I will probably call this week to f/u.

I applied on Jan 20th, had all LORs, transcripts, fee paid, all complete. I called this morning and the woman I spoke with had stated that they she had a pile of applications on her desk at this time that she has not yet gotten to. She could not tell give me an approximation of when I would hear just said that it would be before the end of the application cycle. She said that only one of my transcripts have been "processed", meaning entered into their system. However, all my transcripts have been sent which I verified yesterday prior to calling. She said that my application "can be processed without the transcripts", then I would receive an email stating what is still outstanding (have not received). She said that there is a good chance my transcripts were in the mail at their office, they just have not got to them yet. But as of today, my application has still not been processed. Again, I submitted it on Jan 20th. Now, wait, hope, and pray like mad LOL.

Hope this helps. It's the hurry up and wait game, just like the military! ;)

I applied in Jan and still haven't gotten a post card stating my application was complete??? I did get an email (the day after or so) saying thank you for applying, I will be hearing from them soon. I will probably call this week to f/u.
Hi,

I applied the first week app cycle began so that would be around beginning of October. It was not until probably mid December that I received a postcard saying that my app was complete. I can imagine that it will take them a bit longer to reply now since more and more apps have been coming in. Sooo do not worry and hang in there. I am sure you will get a reply soon :)

Great, thanks for the advice. Also, today I got an email saying that my application is missing some transcripts (even though I verified they were all paid for, processed, and sent to DPMS) and that my fee was not paid. However, I have my processed check and the transcripts again were all confirmed sent already. Anyone else have this problem? I'm sure it's just lag time between their mail and processing but I shouldn't have to resubmit transcript request should I? That seems to be a giant waste of money. I sure am not going to resubmit my application fee either! Help!

any news or updates? last year's forum at this time was not so depressing :(

After a few emails back and forth they found my transcript. They were sitting in the mail bins. I applied online and didn't have an attachment for the grade sheet so I have to send that in & my application should be complete. Then the waiting game begins... Anyone heard anything else?

any news or updates? last year's forum at this time was not so depressing :(

I got an email saying my app was complete. Aside from that? No. Nothing. I'm hoping by the end of the week we should know something.

Hiiii

Updates- Interview invites started being sent out finallyyyyyyyy going the first week of April. Sit tight!!!!!

I got an interview. So excited!!!!!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using SDN Mobile

I got an email today. My interview is on April 3!!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using SDN Mobile

Nope, my application went to be reviewed 2 weeks ago on friday per an email.......haven't heard anything yet....... :(

Same..no updates either

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Hey everyone,

Just saw this thread. Wanted to tag along. Got an email for completed application two weeks ago. Its a waiting game now.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview. Let us know how it goes. Do you have to fly out or is it by phone?

This crap is nerve-racking.

I hear this program really looks to see if the applicants are disadvantaged. Any considering Caribbean med schools? I am applying to Ross and St. George. Other Smps: USF, Temple

can anyone who had an interview recently share their feedback on how it was this year? Thanks :)

I called the admission office and they told me they will start interviews April 27th when the deadline is over. It doesn't make sense because some people have got interviews and some have already been denied.

can anyone who had an interview recently share their feedback on how it was this year? Thanks :)

My interview went well I think. They said.they won't let us know until everyone has been interviewed and committee meets which will be sometime in June which sucks. But I was interviewed by the dean of the program and he asked 2 questions ab my path.to becoming a doctor and why my grades were what they were in undergrad. Most peoples interviews were ab 15-20 minutes mine was ab 40. So it was a range. I think they really look for maturity and for why you can do well in that program specifically.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

I called the admission office and they told me they will start interviews April 27th when the deadline is over. It doesn't make sense because some people have got interviews and some have already been denied.

Yes that is strange. I think I saw something similar on the forum last year. By the way, how do you know people have been denied admission?

Yea, when I called to inquire about interviews they said the same thing to me, but I still received an invite a few weeks ago. The interview is really designed to get to know you as a person your thoughts on issues, your shortcomings and any other aspect in your life that have led you to this point. My interviewer was a retired surgeon who was extremely nice and read my app entirely because he asked specific questions about some of my essays which made me feel like he took the time to get to know me. I think it was more a test to your personality because everything else about you as a student they already know from your app, transcripts, etc.

I am not sure about denials, as far as i am concerned they should come in June and not this early.

Yes that is strange. I think I saw something similar on the forum last year. By the way, how do you know people have been denied admission?

I know some people that have applied and they have been denied admission.

Yea, when I called to inquire about interviews they said the same thing to me, but I still received an invite a few weeks ago. The interview is really designed to get to know you as a person your thoughts on issues, your shortcomings and any other aspect in your life that have led you to this point. My interviewer was a retired surgeon who was extremely nice and read my app entirely because he asked specific questions about some of my essays which made me feel like he took the time to get to know me. I think it was more a test to your personality because everything else about you as a student they already know from your app, transcripts, etc.

I am not sure about denials, as far as i am concerned they should come in June and not this early.

This is really helpful thanks for letting us know how it went. Hopefully u hear good news soon. Ya, I spent a long time on those essay questions, its good to know they read everything. I guess they will give a few interviews and make the decision collectively when everyone has been interviewed.

Some people I know have applied and been denied without interviews and it was fairly early. So I guess everything is up in the air. Hopefully we all hear good news. :D

Received my confirmation e-mail that I was completed! Sending positive vibes!

I just received mine as well!! Does anyone know if the committee review applications once a week or daily?

My application was verified complete in early March, no word yet. Could be a good thing, could be bad. I know they held some interviews last week but I have not received word either way. Good luck to all.

I called the office today and they said that they will start inviting people after the 4/27 deadline ( this Friday). Sending positive vibes to everyone!

New to the thread. Ive been completed for a week or so. How long does it take for adcomm to review and email interview request?