Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my acceptance at 3:30!! interviewed 4/20

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
yeah the wait is toughhh
Idk how late into today they'll send out decisions... considering it's nearing the end of office hours in EDT, I'm not so sure about the rest of us hearing back today :\

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
True, but not everyone will be on SDN and not everyone on it will post probably. But I went digging again and the second wave was released on June 13th last year. So a 2 week gap between the first round of decisions and the second. That means that for us, the second round may come around the second week of June. Just my prediction because I have nothing better to do. I don't wanna wait another 2 weeks though :cryi:
im really appreciating this dedication cowscows :"")

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
i have always wondered if adcoms read sdn threads and then just sit and giggle at how much we all speculate and panic lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I am absolutely over the moon to announce that I got the A today!!! This is surreal, and the wait has been worth it. For those still waiting, hang on! I hope for the best for all of you.

I interviewed 4/18, and my acceptance came today at 11:20am PST (busy day and JUST got to my emails, go figure).

Can’t wait to start and meet everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I am absolutely over the moon to announce that I got the A today!!! This is surreal, and the wait has been worth it. For those still waiting, hang on! I hope for the best for all of you.

I interviewed 4/18, and my acceptance came today at 11:20am PST (busy day and JUST got to my emails, go figure).

Can’t wait to start and meet everyone!
Ayyy you did it! I was rooting for you, congrats!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Accepted as well!! Absolutely ECSTATIC! I interviewed 4/16 and mine came early afternoon today.

Everyone here as been so supportive and sweet, I hope all of you hear some good news super soon 🤞

• Love
So all these acceptances came from April interviews. Gives me hope as I interviews mid may lol. I think there is a rhyme and reason to this.

Reactions: 4 users
So all these acceptances came from April interviews. Gives me hope as I interviews mid may lol. I think there is a rhyme and reason to this.
yeah! I was going to say this earlier - this supports my theory hahaha. I think they only sent out April interview A's so far. At this rate, who knows when this "second wave" will be or even if it will come as late in June as we think.. 🤔 crossing my fingers for everyone

• Hmm
Congrats to everyone who got their A's! I'm curious as to when ya'll took your casper tests as that could have some bearing on whether you are first round of acceptances or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any current DPMS students on this thread that may have some info about decisions/timeline? Previous years threads had a lot of current students providing info, but since they've already graduated, idk if I wanna bother them about it lol

Anyone still getting As today? Anyone get any rejection letters? Wondering if it was a one day thing or if they’ll keep sending them out? I don’t know how much longer I can wait - this is driving me crazy!

• Hmm
Anyone still getting As today? Anyone get any rejection letters? Wondering if it was a one day thing or if they’ll keep sending them out? I don’t know how much longer I can wait - this is driving me crazy!
Hang in there, I'm on the same boat! There will be one more wave of decisions that will come out. No clue when that will be tho

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got their A.

Those who interviewed in April and haven't heard back, don't count yourself out just yet, if the ADCOMS follow suit then a-lot of people who interviewed early got their decisions back in the "second wave".

I just had a few questions, I interviewed May 9th, so l am pretty sure I need to wait a bit before I hear back.

Those who got accepted can you please tell us:
-when you were interviewed
-your stats (GPA, MCAT CASPer) only if you feel comfortable

Finally can you also tell us who sent the acceptance email, like the address or the person's name so we can search for that in our email?

Once again congratulations to everyone who got in and good luck to all of us waiting!!!

Does everyones portal look the same since you applied even if you got an interview? My portal has looked the same since i was marked complete. Nothing about my interview or anything was added on there

Does everyones portal look the same since you applied even if you got an interview? My portal has looked the same since i was marked complete. Nothing about my interview or anything was added on there

mine looks the same but my interview info was added the day after I chose the date and the info hasn’t been removed yet

Important question for any current DPMS students. If accepted, how soon does the program start for the 6-week summer course? I heard it was end of June/beginning of July. Also I am assuming the entire summer portion is online because there’s no way we can be expected to move to Philadelphia in a 2-3 week period. Can you confirm if you moved to Philly before the start of the 6-week program (if werent already Philly resident) or if you moved during the summer portion/ before fall classes start. Thank you!!!

Important question for any current DPMS students. If accepted, how soon does the program start for the 6-week summer course? I heard it was end of June/beginning of July. Also I am assuming the entire summer portion is online because there’s no way we can be expected to move to Philadelphia in a 2-3 week period. Can you confirm if you moved to Philly before the start of the 6-week program (if werent already Philly resident) or if you moved during the summer portion/ before fall classes start. Thank you!!!
6-week summer starts June 27th. This year, the Summer portion is also in-person in Philly. So yes, you would be expected (or needed) to be in Philly by that time. Summer housing is provided 😊

6-week summer starts June 27th. This year, the Summer portion is also in-person in Philly. So yes, you would be expected (or needed) to be in Philly by that time. Summer housing is provided 😊
To add to the question, how big/small of a gap is there between the end of the summer session and the beginning of the fall semester? How long do you have to secure housing after the summer session? Thanks!

To add to the question, how big/small of a gap is there between the end of the summer session and the beginning of the fall semester? How long do you have to secure housing after the summer session? Thanks!
If im not mistaken, i think the gap between summer and fall is a week. So your 6wk summer is plenty of time to search and secure housing in person

Reactions: 3 users
How soon were you able to move into the graduate housing? For example lets say the rest of us find out this week would you be able to move in asap or do you have to wait till a certain date to move in?

How soon were you able to move into the graduate housing? For example lets say the rest of us find out this week would you be able to move in asap or do you have to wait till a certain date to move in?
That is something i dont know. They would be communicating that to you guys first before us, id assume. That could be a question to ask Thelicia 😊

Hi! You will be expected to be settled in Philly to start the 6-week summer session regardless of when you are accepted. For perspective, the second wave of acceptances came out on June 13th last year, and the first day of the summer session was on June 28th. Unfortunately, the timeline is very tight and it is not so convenient for some people (especially if you live across the country). Nonetheless, housing will be provided during this time which should make it easier to find an apt for the rest of the year.

Reactions: 3 users
If I remember correctly, it was about 4 days (like the weekend + a day or so). But, most people were able to find housing during the summer session and were already moved in by the time the Fall semester started. A lot of resources will be provided in order to alleviate the burden of finding housing on your own, in addition to various places where most DPMSers lived/live.

...the second wave of acceptances came out on June 13th last year, and the first day of the summer session was on June 28th. Unfortunately, the timeline is very tight and it is not so convenient for some people (especially if you live across the country)...
Hmmm that's a very tiny timeframe to pack up and move... now I'm thinking that the second wave may favor close-to-Philly applicants for that reason alone :unsure:

If I remember correctly, it was about 4 days (like the weekend + a day or so). But, most people were able to find housing during the summer session and were already moved in by the time the Fall semester started. A lot of resources will be provided in order to alleviate the burden of finding housing on your own, in addition to various places where most DPMSers lived/live.
True. It was a long weekend 🥴

long shot, but.. any chance this second wave of decisions could come out this week? I thought the first wave would be on the 31st from what I was told (it's of course great they are ahead of schedule!!), hence why I ask now for this second wave. :) hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend!

Hi! You will be expected to be settled in Philly to start the 6-week summer session regardless of when you are accepted. For perspective, the second wave of acceptances came out on June 13th last year, and the first day of the summer session was on June 28th. Unfortunately, the timeline is very tight and it is not so convenient for some people (especially if you live across the country). Nonetheless, housing will be provided during this time which should make it easier to find an apt for the rest of the year.
Thank you both. How close is the graduate housing to where classes are. Is it within walking distance /reasonable public transportation distance (example meaning like less than 30 min trip via bus or train). I’m assuming where we live and have to go for our classes would be relatively close.

Thank you both. How close is the graduate housing to where classes are. Is it within walking distance /reasonable public transportation distance (example meaning like less than 30 min trip via bus or train). I’m assuming where we live and have to go for our classes would be relatively close.
Just a couple mins walk!

do any of the current students know where the 22-23 dpms classes will be? I am a bit confused on all of these campus names haha.

do any of the current students know where the 22-23 dpms classes will be? I am a bit confused on all of these campus names haha.
NCB the rest of this yr. Then university city in 2023. Whenever the new medical school officially opens. Concrete dates are still up in the air.

NCB the rest of this yr. Then university city in 2023. Whenever the new medical school officially opens. Concrete dates are still up in the air.
thank you!!! NCB= New College Building?

thank you!!! NCB= New College Building?
Yesss. NCB is in Center-City. The rest of the year will be in University-City (where the undergrad campus is).

Does anyone know if the graduate housing allows your fiancé to live with you? How about pets?

Does anyone know if the graduate housing allows your fiancé to live with you? How about pets?
Anytime I see a notif on this thread, I have a mini heart attack lol.... but iirc from the interview info session, grad housing for summer is ONLY for DPMS students. No pets, no SO's.

• Haha
Anytime I see a notif on this thread, I have a mini heart attack lol.... but iirc from the interview info session, grad housing for summer is ONLY for DPMS students. No pets, no SO's.
@ForPetesSake agree with this answer. We were told in our interview that it is the student only (no others, even pets, in the room 😁)

I guess today wasn't the day, friends
Frank Capra 30S GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Reactions: 7 users
Hmmm that's a very tiny timeframe to pack up and move... now I'm thinking that the second wave may favor close-to-Philly applicants for that reason alone :unsure:
Lol not at all! so don't add more stress to your life haha

LMAOO it decribes all of us in this chat whos waiting for the second wave of acceptances

I have a question about the housing after staying in graduate dorms for six weeks for the summer session. Are the apartments going to be furnished or would we need to factor in buying furniture when choosing an apartment?

I have a question about the housing after staying in graduate dorms for six weeks for the summer session. Are the apartments going to be furnished or would we need to factor in buying furniture when choosing an apartment?

with Philly apts in general, there are both options available depending on what realty company/landlord you choose