Does being a resident attract more girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm done with this.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ohhh, you meant average face + good body guys. Yeah...pass. Fine, I'll give you that one.

Okay, I'll try to explain again. High powered highly intelligent men (with the exception of maybe Donald Trump) generally need a lot more in their partner...demand a lot more in their partner than just hotness. Given that these men are generally not hot themselves, and yet they want all the intellectual compatibility/background/poise/genes that will make their future progeny amazing...they often will sacrifice on the looks bit. Those 30 super hot women who also have all these traits these men desire are also looking for guys who bring a lot to the table. Studies actually show that 5's marry 5's and 8's marry 8's...as a general rule.

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg...maybe just aren't as obsessed with looks as your typical guy?

I assure you, if those CEOs wanted a super hot little gold digger with nothing to offer but her body - they could have her like...uh...yesterday.
Well seems like we dont disagree then. Although I think the rich smart guy also values loyalty above everything else in their partner.

The OP (and people also asking this) are basically asking if you can be a 4-5/10 guy and suddenly come off as a 10/10 and have supermodels in love with you just cause you're a doctor.

tumblr_mq40zdyBI91qlmol1o1_500.png

She is soo hot (Maritza from OITNB):D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm done with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
This is how I feel about it... A 4 guy turns into a 6 if he's incredibly successful (to many women); a 6 to a 7.5; a 7.5 into an 8.5 and an 8.5 into a 9. :) Yup, that's my scientific scale.
And I'd agree with that, as the success the guy has doesn't really take him to the next league (on average anyway).10-15

I think anyone who's counting on being successful down the road in order to get women should invest their current time into the gym. Instead of taking 10-15 years to achieve those x/10 boosts, one can achieve them in 2-3 dedicated years in the gym.

Well then here's a dollar. I'll take 120 of them.
Actually very possible in big cities like Dallas, Houston and Austin. San Antonio has a huge amount of attractive latinas. Never been to brownsville but it seems promising given that like 90% of the pop there is Hispanic.

Actually very possible in big cities like Dallas, Houston and Austin. San Antonio has a huge amount of attractive latinas. Never been to brownsville but it seems promising given that like 90% of the pop there is Hispanic.

The hot women in San Antonio tend to be Hispanic, yes, but there is not a huge amount of attractive anything in SA. I've lived all over, and SA - while a great place to live - is one of the ugliest places people-wise I've ever called home.

Austin is 70% blonde. Definitely true about San Antonio - my cousin always points out that even though Austin is 200x more sophisticated, "hooking up" in ghetto San Antonio is 20x easier. Apparently the girls are much less demanding, as well.
Yea but there is a side of Austin that is mostly Hispanic. That's what I was referring to.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a med student you can only dream of the number of women residents can get. Especially the younger med students who are gunning for that honors.

As a med student you can only dream of the number of women residents can get. Especially the younger med students who are gunning for that honors.
Then the disappointing day when the chick at the bar doesn't care any more than when you were a med student only and not a resident.

Studies actually show that 5's marry 5's and 8's marry 8's...as a general rule

It's worth mentioning that a "5" and an "8" are not universals. Take me for instance. I'm interested in dat ass, and that's my most highly valued trait in a partner. Some other men may value large breasts, a cute face, a skinny waist, hell, even an intelligent mind. And so on.

Now I'm no expert on women, but from what I hear, women have an even larger variance in their preferences than men!

Then the disappointing day when the chick at the bar doesn't care any more than when you were a med student only and not a resident.

That's why you tell her you're a "doctor." If she doesn't know how medical education works, exploit that.

It's worth mentioning that a "5" and an "8" are not universals. Take me for instance. I'm interested in dat ass, and that's my most highly valued trait in a partner. Some other men may value large breasts, a cute face, a skinny waist, hell, even an intelligent mind. And so on.

There is a mighty strong correlation between big booties and butterfaces.

Now I'm no expert on women, but from what I hear, women have an even larger variance in their preferences than men!

That's why you tell her you're a "doctor." If she doesn't know how medical education works, exploit that.

Abundantly clear.

Tastes vary. I'm in your camp. Small waist and big round booty and I'm stupified. All rational thought gone.

Using yoga pants to enhance your posterior is cheating :(

Nature is a cruel, deceptive bitch. But also funny.

Nature is a cruel, deceptive bitch. But also funny.

You spelled Lisa wrong. It's not spelled "N-A-T-U-R-E", it's spelled "L-I-S-A"

FWIW: Lisa is my ex.

Reactions: 1 users
Besides it being a bonus for her, why else would she care? It's like having a unique EC on your application, it'll certainly make you stand out... but it won't overcome a poor GPA/MCAT (which is your face/body).

Besides it being a bonus for her, why else would she care? It's like having a unique EC on your application, it'll certainly make you stand out... but it won't overcome a poor GPA/MCAT (which is your face/body).

I think this focus on looks is largely a western thing, tbh. I know that when I used to work out regularly, my parents got angry at me for becoming too muscular (I wasn't), because they said it made me look "working class."

I think this focus on looks is largely a western thing, tbh. I know that when I used to work out regularly, my parents got angry at me for becoming too muscular (I wasn't), because they said it made me look "working class."
Not really... Virtually everywhere in the world, a man's looks are valued in today's society. Maybe it was different 30 years ago, but having talked to a people of a variety of cultures, it certainly matters all over the world. Though you'd be correct that it matters more in the west and the whole body/being jacked thing definitely has much more value in north america (and australia apparently) than other places in the world.

And well the "meathead" stereotype is common everywhere, but it's slowly becoming a thing of the best. I'm not a bodybuilder (I'm an elite powerlifter) but I certainly do look like one and I've seen some people get pretty surprised at my grades or even the fact that I'm in university at all.
But you'll definitely see plenty of jacked/juiced up doctors in the future. :)

Not really... Virtually everywhere in the world, a man's looks are valued in today's society. Maybe it was different 30 years ago, but having talked to a people of a variety of cultures, it certainly matters all over the world. Though you'd be correct that it matters more in the west and the whole body/being jacked thing definitely has much more value in north america (and australia apparently) than other places in the world.

And well the "meathead" stereotype is common everywhere, but it's slowly becoming a thing of the best. I'm not a bodybuilder (I'm an elite powerlifter) but I certainly do look like one and I've seen some people get pretty surprised at my grades or even the fact that I'm in university at all.
But you'll definitely see plenty of jacked/juiced up doctors in the future. :)

Yeah, I'm one of the ugly and skinnyfat dudes in my class atm. It still bothers me sometimes given that I was someone who used to lift regularly, but not as much anymore.

I'm not denying looks matter, but in my culture at least, money, family status, and profession matter much more. Fortunate, I suppose.

Though tbh, I can't help but think you're a little bit biased when you claim looks matter a lot, given that you're an elite powerlifter.

Yeah, I'm one of the ugly and skinnyfat dudes in my class atm. It still bothers me sometimes given that I was someone who used to lift regularly, but not as much anymore.

I'm not denying looks matter, but in my culture at least, money, family status, and profession matter much more. Fortunate, I suppose.

Though tbh, I can't help but think you're a little bit biased when you claim looks matter a lot, given that you're an elite powerlifter.
Why don't you? A solid routine/diet can make anyone aesthetic given enough time. Are you indian by any chance (the cultural thing)?

And well not really no. Appearance isn't relevant to my sport. Even though there are weight classes and most powerlifters nowadays look pretty aesthetic or are at least lean, the stereotypical powerlifter is a big fat guy.
The only reason I'm biased is cause I could make a linear graph, ""x" being muscle mass and "y" being female attention (women as old as 50 years old)/compliments.
But for example, so a 22 year old girl compliments how I look/seems interested... but when I tell her I want to be a doctor, she barely seems to care about that part.

You first!

Also, lol @ the fouseytube prank. I think it'd be funnier if he didn't try to force the humor by chasing after the guys when they're clearly embarassed and want to just walk away.

I post pix in the lounge..not posting anything here.

Also F U to whomever was complaining about yoga pants, lululemon is amazing and I wear their spandex long bike pants to work sometimes..heh

I post pix in the lounge..not posting anything here.

Also F U to whomever was complaining about yoga pants, lululemon is amazing and I wear their spandex long bike pants to work sometimes..heh

Good girl.

Why don't you? A solid routine/diet can make anyone aesthetic given enough time. Are you indian by any chance (the cultural thing)?

How have you not figured out that Arkangeloid is Indian? The crushing self-doubt, the constant pessimism, the overbearing parents, the focus on prestige/education over looks as a marker of attractiveness (for an arranged marriage)?

Also, it's easy to say "just eat properly and lift and you'll be aesthetic in no time". If you enjoy working out, you will do so. For most people (i'm assuming Arkangeloid included) working out is a chore. I used to lift much more regularly in undergrad b/c I had time to study, goof off, drink, and still lift b/c the studying wasn't that much. When studying got serious in medical school, the thing that went to the wayside (because it was a chore like studying or eating healthy) was lifting. Obviously for the people that haven't put on a single non-lean pound in medical school, it's not a chore to go workout.

How have you not figured out that Arkangeloid is Indian? The crushing self-doubt, the constant pessimism, the overbearing parents, the focus on prestige/education over looks as a marker of attractiveness (for an arranged marriage)?

Also, it's easy to say "just eat properly and lift and you'll be aesthetic in no time". If you enjoy working out, you will do so. For most people (i'm assuming Arkangeloid included) working out is a chore. I used to lift much more regularly in undergrad b/c I had time to study, goof off, drink, and still lift b/c the studying wasn't that much. When studying got serious in medical school, the thing that went to the wayside (because it was a chore like studying or eating healthy) was lifting. Obviously for the people that haven't put on a single non-lean pound in medical school, it's not a chore to go workout.
lol true.

Though with good time management skills, anyone can have a decent routine that gets you gains. All about gradual overload... For those who have decent to good genetics, getting in a calorie surplus (from any source) and just lifting heavy will get you gains.

I think the diet for people who lift is geared towards high protein / modest carbohydrate / low fat content.

I think the diet for people who lift is geared towards high protein / modest carbohydrate / low fat content.
It depends on your genetics. I eat fast food almost daily and junk food several times a day, but stay 9-10% body fat (calorie surplus too). Another guy on my diet could quickly become obese. So it varies.
Anyone who's naturally skinny or has a meso physique, should be eating a high calorie diet from whatever source needed... to increase/maintain their muscle mass.

Heh, working out is actually kind of fun. The problem is eating healthy, which is most of the battle, and much more difficult to do. Then you realize that eating healthy is most of the battle, and you can't progress without it, and you stop caring about working out.

I'm done with this.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1395718639.210245.jpg

Hello, it's time for your prostate exam

Heh, working out is actually kind of fun. The problem is eating healthy, which is most of the battle, and much more difficult to do. Then you realize that eating healthy is most of the battle, and you can't progress without it, and you stop caring about working out.
Eh, I eat healthy because I like to cook, high protein meals like meats and veggies are easy and quick. Gym time is harder to make myself do, even though I like it when I'm there. I think consistency is the biggest factor, I've been at a plateau for a year and haven't leaned up at all because I go on good stints of working out then weeks with only biking to class.

And ^I'm ready for my exam now

It depends on your genetics. I eat fast food almost daily and junk food several times a day, but stay 9-10% body fat (calorie surplus too). Another guy on my diet could quickly become obese. So it varies.
Anyone who's naturally skinny or has a meso physique, should be eating a high calorie diet from whatever source needed... to increase/maintain their muscle mass.

The arteries doe...

The arteries doe...
My LDL levels are actually quiet low... blood pressure 110/60 on average. All other blood work results perfect too.. resting heart rate mid 50s (and I rarely ever do cardio, which is odd cause I'm a former national level sprinter and loved running).