Does being a resident attract more girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He is totally beautiful and the best looking one of all of them.

Okay.:unsure:

Honestly, I won't place him in the category of "outrageously" handsome men. Average or above average at most.

Men like him are common in middle-east and far east(Iran and Pakistan).

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I won't place him in the category of "outrageously" handsome men. Average or above average at most.

Common? Um...yeah right. Then why am I not bumping into them?

Peshawar, Tehran, and Palestinian, Lebanese, Syrians, Turks have their share of hotties but to say "common" is a complete farce.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Common? Um...yeah right. Then why am I not bumping into them?

Peshawar, Tehran, and Palestinian, Lebanese, Syrians, Turks have their share of hotties but to say "common" is a complete farce.

Welcome to SDN. Where anything that happens more than 5% of the time is considered 'common'. Be it a DO matching ACGME Derm, or Males/Females having every attractive quality in the book.

Reactions: 1 users

He's fairly attractive I say, but nothing to write home about.

Honestly, the most attractive guy IMO was Fight Club-era Brad Pitt.

No. The reality is...no one deserves anything regardless of whether they slave for years like Jacob thought he was doing for Rachel or they are a jaundiced newborn needing access to blue light in the next room. But...when considering things from the individual's perspective...if you are an attractive intelligent person, you do feel that you offer a partner at least as much as that...which entitles you to that. Does that make sense at all? If you are a preggo-looking slobby male with lots of introspective self hate because you weren't born handsome...and you just happen to be kinda smart...I have a hard time feeling you're entitled to much more. Be a plus...offer something. That entitles you more to what you want. At least that's my perspective. :)

Wait...based on all I've said why does the jaundiced newborn deserve bluelight? Crap!

I think there is considerably more pressure on men to offer something period. Vagina has, as of yet, not required a marketing scheme. Although it has been used quite extensively as a marketing scheme. Thus your entreaty for men to offer something, particularly towards those pitifully impoverished of access to the female sex organ, is trite and one would have thought....obvious.

Men who are in such poverty and are not likely to benefit from your impish remarks at their obvious state. In fact, if they are in possession of enough psychic resilience, they tend to translate this painful deficit into various forms of genius. The sorts of things rarely achieved by attractive girls who wield a mean, unimaginative cleverness.

Motorcycle riding and guitar playing among them...however unsurpassed by your smug regard.

I think there is considerably more pressure on men to offer something period. Vagina has, as of yet, not required a marketing scheme. Although it has been used quite extensively as a marketing scheme. Thus your entreaty for men to offer something, particularly towards those pitifully impoverished of access to the female sex organ, is trite and one would have thought....obvious.

Men who are in such poverty and are not likely to benefit from your impish remarks at their obvious state. In fact, if they are in possession of enough psychic resilience, they tend to translate this painful deficit into various forms of genius. The sorts of things rarely achieved by attractive girls who wield a mean, unimaginative cleverness.

Motorcycle riding and guitar playing among them...however unsurpassed by your smug regard.
If men are under ohhh so much pressure and vagina doesn't need a marketing scheme, why is my gender the ones starving themselves, tweezing and waxing...styling and primping? Constantly redirected to base their self-worth on physical beauty and youth. Is there something I'm missing? It would appear having a penis and a job is all required from the male end? When a little grooming is requested, all arms go up and the moaning begins. And now the modern woman is expected to do all that, make babies, plus go out and make money too. Most women aren't living the lives of Beverly Hills/Atlanta Housewives.

Why is it that you sympathize so quickly with these so-called "impoverished" males and yet have no regard for what females might be experiencing? Vagina, last time I checked, isn't something men are just entitled to have. It generally comes attached to a living breathing human.

Last edited:
If men are under ohhh so much pressure, why aren't they the ones starving themselves, tweezing and waxing...styling and primping? Constantly redirected to base their self-worth on physical beauty and youth. Is there something I'm missing? It would appear having a penis and a job is all required from the male end? When a little grooming is requested, all arms go up and the moaning begins. And now the modern woman is expected to do all that, make babies, plus go out and make money too. Most women aren't living the lives of Beverly Hills/Atlanta Housewives.

Why is it that you sympathize so quickly with these so-called "impoverished" males and yet have no regard for what females might be experiencing? Vagina, last time I checked, isn't something men are just entitled to have. It generally comes attached to a living breathing human.

It's a fair point about being held to standards of beauty. Although I think a good portion of that is self-imposed by female culture. For example, I've yet to meet the man who enjoys fake eyebrows, or insists upon them. From your taste in men it seems rather than protest you seem to want to passive-aggressively impose the standard on men. Which might be the one consistent thread I can pull from your various sentiments. Which you've tried to argue are normative.

They're not. You know what else. If you're even half as attractive as is being implied by the course of conversation then you'd do just fine in a flannel shirt and jeans with no make up. At least for those of us who could never be corralled into your ideal of male metrosexuality.

Reactions: 2 users
It's a fair point about being held to standards of beauty. Although I think a good portion of that is self-imposed by female culture. For example, I've yet to meet the man who enjoys fake eyebrows, or insists upon them. From your taste in men it seems rather than protest you seem to want to passive-aggressively impose the standard on men. Which might be the one consistent thread I can pull from your various sentiments. Which you've tried to argue are normative.

They're not. You know what else. If you're even half as attractive as is being implied by the course of conversation then you'd do just fine in a flannel shirt and jeans with no make up. At least for those of us who could never be corralled into your ideal of male metrosexuality.
Wake up, men are already being corralled into the metrosexual ideal. You're a little late on the uptake. I don't know why you choose to see my preferences as passive-aggressive. If anything, there's a mere stubborn double standard you want to perpetuate. It's changed and continues to change. We no longer will settle for a John Wayne or other paunchy hero just because he's a man's man as generations of women had to do before. Women have historically been kept so busy worrying about their own desirability that they hadn't had the time or notion to worry about what it is they desire. It's changing so rapidly. Our magazines even in young age are littered with beautiful boys and rather than only cry about how it's not fair that men have to groom or compete at a higher level now, you top it off with..."that's your gender's lot, not ours". Sure, whatever.

The number of women who care about a guy's height, his ass, his chest...preferences on clean cut, waxed men...sometimes astounds even me.

Last edited:
Wake up, men are already being corralled into the metrosexual ideal. You're a little late on the uptake. I don't know why you choose to see my preferences as passive-aggressive. If anything, there's a mere stubborn double standard you want to perpetuate. It's changed and continues to change. We no longer will settle for a John Wayne or other paunchy hero just because he's a man's man as generations of women had to do before. Women have historically been kept so busy worrying about their own desirability that they hadn't had the time or notion to worry about what it is they desire. It's changing so rapidly. Our magazines even in young age are littered with beautiful boys and rather than only cry about how it's not fair that men have to groom or compete at a higher level now, you top it off with..."that's your gender's lot, not ours". Sure, whatever.

I'll cop the plea of not paying the closest attention to the revolving iconography of tween female passions and the fashions that appease them.

And quite clearly there have been cultural battles and negotiations going on since before Rosey the Riveter became iconic and our mothers burnt their bras. Male and female roles are clearly in flux in a way that is obviously beneficial to everyone, except those males who can't figure out the new economy. However, millions of years of primate evolution has produced 2 very different sexes. And men and women enter the contest to pass on genes with very different assets to attract the other.

Women still operate using a diverse sexual strategy of selecting for father characteristics vs physical prowess or unique talents and forms of genius or charisma. Men still operate with a what looks attractive first directive wherein obtaining sexual access to the female is a rate of exchange for whatever he can muster to obtain it. I haven't seen any research to suggest otherwise.

I'll remain confident and stubbornly manly. It hasn't failed me. Nor do I think it will for the next generation of young bucks. Beibers always come and go with each generations of tweens coming of age. Every generation has them. A young man seeking to emulate this is a fool. He needs to concentrate on being effective, skilled, and manly as f@ck.

Members don't see this ad :)

The number of women who care about a guy's height, his ass, his chest...preferences on clean cut, waxed men...sometimes astounds even me.

Hey I'm not just a piece of meat

If men are under ohhh so much pressure and vagina doesn't need a marketing scheme, why is my gender the ones starving themselves, tweezing and waxing...styling and primping? Constantly redirected to base their self-worth on physical beauty and youth. Is there something I'm missing? It would appear having a penis and a job is all required from the male end? When a little grooming is requested, all arms go up and the moaning begins. And now the modern woman is expected to do all that, make babies, plus go out and make money too. Most women aren't living the lives of Beverly Hills/Atlanta Housewives.

Regarding the bolded - sure, you guys look better when you do it (as long as you don't over do it) but most of you could not do it and still do just fine. The fashion industry has brainwashed the majority of the female population into thinking all that stuff is necessary to find somebody.

You seem to misunderstand the situation here. A mildly attractive woman can go out and get a penis whenever she desires. The reverse is not true.

Reactions: 3 users
The fashion industry definitely does its part but rest assured...the reaction of males to prettier girls in person is not lost on any woman. In fact, I never spotted the disturbing differences until a few months ago going out with a...very average looking female friend. Gorgeous body, not so fantastic face...and in every interaction, she's almost immediately friend-zoned. There are certainly guys out there who care more about personality than looks, but they are the minority. And to be fair, she is attracted to nicer looking guys so I'm sure if she would "date down" those guys would jump at it.

Nasrudin would like to believe that women aren't susceptible to looks. Even in the Qur'an the story in which the women, while slicing fruit, cut their hands inadvertently when seeing Joseph walk in the room due to his sheer beauty should clue you in that it's nothing new - ladies are very weak to male beauty. Zulaikha even grabs his shirt out of dear sweet lust, poor thing. Sure, in this day and age and due to historical requirements women had to overlook beauty for other more sensible traits...and many of my friends just think they can't "get" the super hot guy. On 30 Rock, she gets a crazy hot guy but keeps questioning what he actually wants because women are taught to "date down" in looks. But that's who they'd have if they could. Some have just had the luxury of living with self-contentment, as Nasrudin does. And if that's working for him, by all means carry on.

Oh, and this is gonna shock you but...most women aren't interested in "getting a penis whenever she desires'. It doesn't flatter us that men are undiscerning and willing to hop in the sack. What we're really discussing is someone you want to keep around.

There are clearly things we agree on. But I never once said that women aren't effected by male beauty. Everyone is affected by beauty whether male or female. Straight or gay. All different ways. My point--which has always been focused on the OP's question--is that career achievement is a recourse that an average unassuming male can utilize to date up to some degree.

I went down the rabbit hole until late last night researching the differences in millennial vs gen X mating preferences to see if there might be truth to your argument. I didn't find much directly. But there is the fact that your generations females are vastly outperforming makes in education and early professional development. And there's a lot of commentary out there about your generation's women not finding suitable monogamous partners and so forth. So who knows maybe there will be some interesting ironies proliferating in the culture.

But like I said, millions of years of our primate evolution still carries the day for most of the world.

PS. Don't let the handle fool you. I'm about as Muslim as Charlie Sheen.

Indian. Cultural bias that I've previously admitted to.

Relieved to hear someone has similar experiences. I've been a rebel in so many things because of the culture clash: me being 1st gen and my parents being immigrants. My parents have succeeded in ingraining this 'cultural bias' so now I feel like I'd be doing my family and my culture a disservice, almost a feeling of overwhelming guilt, if I ended up marrying a non-indian girl. I never thought that I'd think that but after being in the dating game, but now I sort of see where they're coming from. Growing up sucks.

On a side note: does anyone share this feeling of 'guilt' if they deviate from their families cultural norms?

The fashion industry definitely does its part but rest assured...the reaction of males to prettier girls in person is not lost on any woman. In fact, I never spotted the disturbing differences until a few months ago going out with a...very average looking female friend. Gorgeous body, not so fantastic face...and in every interaction, she's almost immediately friend-zoned. There are certainly guys out there who care more about personality than looks, but they are the minority. And to be fair, she is attracted to nicer looking guys so I'm sure if she would "date down" those guys would jump at it.

Nasrudin would like to believe that women aren't susceptible to looks. Even in the Qur'an the story in which the women, while slicing fruit, cut their hands inadvertently when seeing Joseph walk in the room due to his sheer beauty should clue you in that it's nothing new - ladies are very weak to male beauty. Zulaikha even grabs his shirt out of dear sweet lust, poor thing. Sure, in this day and age and due to historical requirements women had to overlook beauty for other more sensible traits...and many of my friends just think they can't "get" the super hot guy. On 30 Rock, she gets a crazy hot guy but keeps questioning what he actually wants because women are taught to "date down" in looks. But that's who they'd have if they could. Some have just had the luxury of living with self-contentment, as Nasrudin does. And if that's working for him, by all means carry on.

Oh, and this is gonna shock you but...most women aren't interested in "getting a penis whenever she desires'. It doesn't flatter us that men are undiscerning and willing to hop in the sack. What we're really discussing is someone you want to keep around.

Lol, obviously. That was a very tongue-in-cheek comment at the end of my post. I know most women aren't into that, and that's why there's a double standard on sexual partners (more for a male = good, more for a female = bad). Master key vs ****ty lock, etc. etc.

I don't think anyone is suggesting physical beauty isn't a factor.

I'm all for women going for the hottest guy they can go for. However, there comes a time where most people have to 'settle' for someone. That's true on both sides of the aisle. It just depends where your 'settle' line is, influenced by your past, your age, your personality, etc.. This is where the other factors such as personality, economic stability, etc. come into play.

I could never seriously date a girl who I did not think was pretty. That being said, 'pretty' is a very broad term for me (at least compared to my friends). But just being pretty is not enough (although if I manage to score a [IMO] 9 or 10 I may change my mind) for anything other than a short thing.

Relieved to hear someone has similar experiences. I've been a rebel in so many things because of the culture clash: me being 1st gen and my parents being immigrants. My parents have succeeded in ingraining this 'cultural bias' so now I feel like I'd be doing my family and my culture a disservice, almost a feeling of overwhelming guilt, if I ended up marrying a non-indian girl. I never thought that I'd think that but after being in the dating game, but now I sort of see where they're coming from. Growing up sucks.

On a side note: does anyone share this feeling of 'guilt' if they deviate from their families cultural norms?

Similar situation for me. I've realized that my experience growing up with immigrant parents (who don't socialize with white people) has diminished my social growth pretty significantly. Things people did/thought in middle school, I did in high school. Things people at my white suburban school were doing in high school, I didn't get to till college. Same with medical school, and I'm sure it will be the same in residency.

Regarding the bolded, I've had a talk with my parents about their expectations on who I was allowed to bring home. They were surprisingly liberal in that sense. There were only 3 requirements - Had to be a woman, couldn't be one race, and couldn't be one religion. Everything else they were OK with. I know for some of my friends/classmates, their dating requirements are much stricter, to the point of the requirements ruining good, stable relationships.

Physical 'attractiveness' is important and that plus superficial conversation and the persons ability...or lack thereof..to hold a conv is probably what hooks people initially.

But after that, everything else sometimes becomes more important than how pretty someone is. Make no mistake, I'm not going to be with someone I'm not attracted to, looks-wise. But I'd take an attractive smart guy with motivation and ambition over a super hot loser who thinks he's gonna live off my tooth money ><

Similar situation for me. I've realized that my experience growing up with immigrant parents (who don't socialize with white people) has diminished my social growth pretty significantly. Things people did/thought in middle school, I did in high school. Things people at my white suburban school were doing in high school, I didn't get to till college. Same with medical school, and I'm sure it will be the same in residency.

Regarding the bolded, I've had a talk with my parents about their expectations on who I was allowed to bring home. They were surprisingly liberal in that sense. There were only 3 requirements - Had to be a woman, couldn't be one race, and couldn't be one religion. Everything else they were OK with. I know for some of my friends/classmates, their dating requirements are much stricter, to the point of the requirements ruining good, stable relationships.

I agree with your first paragraph. I've actually had a very similar experience in my upbringing.

Last edited:
But I'd take an attractive smart guy with motivation and ambition over a super hot loser who thinks he's gonna live off my tooth money ><

tooth money lol

Agree. A 10 guy with no brain is kind of...ehhh, not exciting. It's like being alone in a room with a gorgeous painting. You're still alone and you can only admire it for so long.

I actually have a term for this, because I dated one of these. I didn't want to break up because I didn't want anyone else to have it. But he was literally like a fifth wall in the room.

Let me give you a reality check. I could have guys much better looking than either of those two if I want. That's easy enough. And I don't even have the buttloads of money they do. Reassess your calculations.

Oh and no...I'm not model insanely stunning. But you really don't have to be. You're basically pointing out that two movie stars are able to get women hotter than me. Um...yeah, so can Mike Tyson. What's your point? Am I supposed to think he's a hottie too? Money does not make a man hot. It makes him rich. Sorry.

I feel like doing the Kevin Spacey speech from Swimming With Sharks. Sweet n Low, pink packet. Equal...blue packet.

I hope you plan on becoming mute.

I hope you plan on becoming mute.
I hope you desiccate, wrinkle, and wither into the grouchy hateful thing you are. with no form of dermatology to save you.

I hope you desiccate, wrinkle, and wither into the grouchy hateful thing you are. with no form of dermatology to save you.

Anastomoses, sometimes you make me want to go :bang: and other times you make me want to go :biglove:.

I am most certainly marrying a non-Indian guy, I don't feel guilty about it because I almost married your stereotypical perfect(on paper) Indian doctor guy and it spectacularly failed.

So my parents have backed way off of me.

Cue non-PC comment:

Lol..I think I know the race and the religion

:D:D:D:D:D

I am most certainly marrying a non-Indian guy, I don't feel guilty about it because I almost married your stereotypical perfect(on paper) Indian doctor guy and it spectacularly failed.

So my parents have backed way off of me.

Was he an Indian male control freak? If so, he could be in a in a hardcore specialty.

I guess, most people here are just learning to love. I am.

Man if you're trying to get laid you're better off joining the navy seals than going into medicine lol real talk.

Reactions: 2 users
Things with this girl that I recently met went down the drain, and a bit disappointed by it. Buddy of mine keeps telling me that when you're a resident, you basically get a swarm of women which come after you. Is this true, or what?
What's the obsession with people asking on SDN if doctor = women/getting laid ?

What I'm curious is about, is WHY would a woman care so much exactly that you're a med student/resident/doctor? Basically, why would the doctor factor overcome all the not-so-great things you bring? (and by you, I don't mean you OP, I mean anyone)

If you're attractive and have a good personality, you'll get women whether you work at McDonalds or if you're a big time CEO. If you're neither of those things, then you won't get much unless you're a celebrity or something.

Being successful and intelligent however, will make you stand out from the other 7 good looking guys talking to the same girl you're talking to (assuming you're also attractive). :)

Last edited:
Mcdonalds? wtf are you smoking on? Look, I hate that women overlook physical attributes as much as anyone but...if you're working at McDonalds, that's just not gonna happen. And if you're a CEO...if you're at least average looking with...well, you know, a clever charming smile...and no belly, I'm gonna find you a lot more attractive than the average guy because something in my makeup says "winner! badass". So, no. And no girl has 7 good looking guys talking to her...I love the fantasy of it but that's just not what's happening. Both genders just need to calm down. Calm down.

Goodness, I just realized...both genders need...the Match!
1) You don't represent all females

2) You're probably an average looking chick who thinks she's super attractive and special cause she's a med student

The fact that me myself alone know several guys working fast food in their early 20s who also have hot girlfriends, shows what you're saying is false. On the other hand, there are an endless number of CEOs/doctors/lawyers/businessmen with unattractive or average at best wives.
Point is, your job certainly matters.. but won't overcome anything.

GPA/MCAT = looks/body/personality.
Career/money = ECs

P.S. Your typical hot girl has a lot more than 7 guys approaching/messaging her.

2) You're probably an average looking chick who thinks she's super attractive and special cause she's a med student

The fact that me myself alone know several guys working fast food in their early 20s who also have hot girlfriends, shows what you're saying is false. On the other hand, there are an endless number of CEOs/doctors/lawyers/businessmen with unattractive or average at best wives.

Career/money = ECs

P.S. Your typical hot girl has a lot more than 7 guys approaching/messaging her.

People in their early 20's still living with their parents, who's paycheck from Mickey D's covers their cell phone bill, are prone to thinking tats and cornrows and ****ty rhyming skills and a perpetual album-about-to-be-dropping are awesome.

There's a 2 minute warning on that nonsense that goes unnoticed under the veil of youth.

A board certified physician with the ability to take take the now 23 y/o female out of the hood into a completely safe and secure life might be out of reach for those aforementioned hot girls now with child and all to real grown people problems.

There are multiple female channels of attention. Bill gates was a thoroughly unf@ckable 20-something. Dude could afford whole countries of @ss now. Like the the Louis CK bit above. Average or even below average dudes have avenues of possible mating success that the obstacle course of life will reveal if they go hard enough.

I don't think your analogy to academic credentials is accurate as life progresses. Look around at your youthful cohort. Half of them will look like a hot sloppy mess in 5-10 years.

People in their early 20's still living with their parents, who's paycheck from Mickey D's covers their cell phone bill, are prone to thinking tats and cornrows and ****** rhyming skills and a perpetual album-about-to-be-dropping are awesome.

There's a 2 minute warning on that nonsense that goes unnoticed under the veil of youth.

A board certified physician with the ability to take take the now 23 y/o female out of the hood into a completely safe and secure life might be out of reach for those aforementioned hot girls now with child and all to real grown people problems.

There are multiple female channels of attention. Bill gates was a thoroughly unf@ckable 20-something. Dude could afford whole countries of @ss now. Like the the Louis CK bit above. Average or even below average dudes have avenues of possible mating success that the obstacle course of life will reveal if they go hard enough.

I don't think your analogy to academic credentials is accurate as life progresses. Look around at your youthful cohort. Half of them will look like a hot sloppy mess in 5-10 years.
You're saying the typical hot girl goes for some "swagbros" until she realizes she needs $$ then looks for someone who can provide that? Yea that's true for those women who aren't capable of earning an income themselves basically, or can't earn enough.
From a male standpoint, you're basically getting getting women who have been around the block dozens of times + likely carry baggage (kids, herpes, etc.).

Ironically, couple of the hottest girls I've known are engaged/married to construction workers.

You're saying the typical hot girl goes for some "swagbros" until she realizes she needs $$ then looks for someone who can provide that? Yea that's true for those women who aren't capable of earning an income themselves basically, or can't earn enough.
From a male standpoint, you're basically getting getting women who have been around the block dozens of times + likely carry baggage (kids, herpes, etc.).

Ironically, couple of the hottest girls I've known are engaged/married to construction workers.

Well, perhaps then. You're observing some of the same ironies anastomoses is. When I worked in a hospital before med school, come to think of it I remember a lot of of the nurses would collect trophy boyfriends of the sort we're discussing. Where life skills weren't even a factor.

I'm not even sure why I'm electing to be the public defender of schmoes. Maybe because some of the funniest most interesting people I've met had zero sex appeal. But I would rather be alone than be with someone who was with me for the security I could offer.

I'm gonna tap out here.

Well, perhaps then. You're observing some of the same ironies anastomoses is. When I worked in a hospital before med school, come to think of it I remember a lot of of the nurses would collect trophy boyfriends of the sort we're discussing. Where life skills weren't even a factor.

I'm not even sure why I'm electing to be the public defender of schmoes. Maybe because some of the funniest most interesting people I've met had zero sex appeal. But I would rather be alone than be with someone who was with me for the security I could offer.

I'm gonna tap out here.

For both sexes, it's physical attractiveness >> personality/confidence >> career/money/ambition/etc.

I think the mentality that leads to these threads is due to people thinking getting to the next step will get them all happy.

The pre-med wonders whether or not being a med student will get them laid. Once there, they realize it does nothing at all and then ask if being a resident does (hence this thread). Then they're disappointed again and wonder if being an attending will.. and so on.
Same way that pre-meds think getting into med school is all that matters, just like med students think matching is all that matters..

Career/money = ECs

Jeez, you're a dolt. I've already said in another thread that if you don't need a brain in your partner, you could be average and a cashier and still get someone good looking. "hot girls" are a dime a dozen. And pay attention - you said 7 good looking guys. Not 7 guys. You could be butt ass and still have 7 guys approaching you. I don't even see 7 good looking guys in a night at the club so I have no clue what you're on about. And don't bother speculating on what I look like...I look good enough to get the kind of guys I'm attracted to and that's all that matters with that.

And not to further point out you're a dimwit...those CEOs/doctors/lawyers with the average or unattractive wives...figured out what your little brain has yet to do - they CAN get super hot wives - but not with all the other assets they need. They can easily get those "hot girls" your McDonalds guy has. Those girls just aren't good enough.

For both sexes, it's physical attractiveness >> personality/confidence >> career/money/ambition/etc.

I think the mentality that leads to these threads is due to people thinking getting to the next step will get them all happy.

The pre-med wonders whether or not being a med student will get them laid. Once there, they realize it does nothing at all and then ask if being a resident does (hence this thread). Then they're disappointed again and wonder if being an attending will.. and so on.
Same way that pre-meds think getting into med school is all that matters, just like med students think matching is all that matters..

No... Just... No. I hope for your sake your age ends in "-teen".

Jeez, you're a dolt. I've already said in another thread that if you don't need a brain in your partner, you could be average and a cashier and still get someone good looking. "hot girls" are a dime a dozen. And pay attention - you said 7 good looking guys. Not 7 guys. You could be butt ass and still have 7 guys approaching you. I don't even see 7 good looking guys in a night at the club so I have no clue what you're on about. And don't bother speculating on what I look like...I look good enough to get the kind of guys I'm attracted to and that's all that matters with that.

And not to further point out you're a dimwit...those CEOs/doctors/lawyers with the average or unattractive wives...figured out what your little brain has yet to do - they CAN get super hot wives - but not with all the other assets they need. They can easily get those "hot girls" your McDonalds guy has. Those girls just aren't good enough.
:thumbup:

Well we agree then on the first part.
And I'll rephrase good looking to somewhat attractive. An average looking guy who's 210lbs and lean with decent confidence will land plenty of women, so a guy like that counts.

And you've fully got everything twisted. If being a professional or successful made you MORE attractive (like people in this thread like yourself claim it does) then the CEO should have a hot wife simply because his success has made him really attractive to the opposite sex.
Keep in mind, these same rich guys with average wives very often bang escorts on the side. :)

What's the obsession with people asking on SDN if doctor = women/getting laid ?

What I'm curious is about, is WHY would a woman care so much exactly that you're a med student/resident/doctor? Basically, why would the doctor factor overcome all the not-so-great things you bring? (and by you, I don't mean you OP, I mean anyone)

If you're attractive and have a good personality, you'll get women whether you work at McDonalds or if you're a big time CEO. If you're neither of those things, then you won't get much unless you're a celebrity or something.

Being successful and intelligent however, will make you stand out from the other 7 good looking guys talking to the same girl you're talking to (assuming you're also attractive). :)
Let me answer this with a story: I go into a bar with some family friends(older more outgoing guys than me) and they're talking me up to the hot bartender saying I'm going to be a cardiologist and she replies," oh I think I'm having a heart attack" and smiles.

Don't discount the doctor factor

Let me answer this with a story: I go into a bar with some family friends(older more outgoing guys than me) and they're talking me up to the hot bartender saying I'm going to be a cardiologist and she replies," oh I think I'm having a heart attack" and smiles.

Bartenders are paid to flirt.

Reactions: 4 users

I'm sure any chick would be going "oh wowwwww" if you told her you're a neurosurgeon or basically any type of doctor.

Question is, did you end up getting anything out of it? Seems like the answer is a no, therefore it's irrelevant.

No it doesn't.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/urrrrgh-single.1034968/

Go make a few online dating accounts and test to see who gets the most female attention in terms of an attractive mechanic vs. average looking surgeon. (been there done that :) )

Are you referring to hooking up or finding a mate? If it's just hooking up, I take back what I said in my last post and say I wholeheartedly agree. If you're talking about finding a mate, I strongly disagree.

Are you referring to hooking up or finding a mate? If it's just hooking up, I take back what I said in my last post and say I wholeheartedly agree. If you're talking about finding a mate, I strongly disagree.
You see nothing wrong with a woman who wants to sleep around with more attractive men first before marrying you and leeching off your hard earned money?