Does being a resident attract more girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For men, the best way to get laid is to get over your fear of rejection. This is the #1 inhibitor to getting laid. TRP advocates that you need to take life as it is. Sure, it would be great if women started approaching guys they liked and propositioning sex/relationships, but the overwhelming majority of the time, they just stand and wait, hoping the "right" guy will come along. What does that mean? A guy they find attractive, kind, and [insert other characteristics here]. Now, you can not be that guy for a variety of reasons. You might be too serious (like me), not tall enough, not rich enough, or she already has someone and isn't interested. Thats OK. You wouldn't want to be with her anyway. Her rejection of you has nothing to do with who you are- you simply weren't compatible. Whats the good part? For every girl that rejects you, you're getting closer and closer to a girl that thinks your charming/cute and will sleep with you. What better way is there to increase your chances than to increase n? I can attest to this myself. I was at a bar a few days ago and saw a really cute girl that wasn't from our MS1 class. I approached, she reciprocated with conversation, etc. When i went for her number, she made it clear she had a boyfriend (who was at the bar) and sure i was annoyed but i went my merry way to try it all over again. I tried again and again (about 4 girls later) i hit it off with another cute girl. No idea where its going to go, but its clear shes attracted to me, and i to her. Whats better than that? Do you want someone that isn't interested in you? Of course not. So work on getting over rejection- its hard but its worth it. Oh, and remember, girls want you to talk to them- they arent at a bar dressed half naked in the cold to "have fun with friends".

Oh, and for the (presuming) females posting on this thread, i can see where you're coming from but i also think you're taking a personal perspective and attempting to generalize it. It doesn't work that way. Most men, including myself, aren't chasing women that "dont need no man", we want a woman that needs her man and that is sexy. Im sure there are plenty of laid back guys that won't mind the alpha female personality, but i would argue that a majority of men don't like that. Why? Most of us are raised with the presumption that if we don't make something of ourselves, we're useless to society and in consequence, useless to women. Why are the majority of women attracted to high status men? I believe its because they're biologically wired to. This obviously might not apply to high status women because you're already financially/resource secure but there are plenty of pretty girls that just want a guy that will take care of her.

I don't think I'm anywhere near high status- wtf are the qualifiers for high status anyway- and I am happy that my better half is the 'alpha' type. Sure, its great and wonderful that I can take care of me/us no matter what $$-wise, but I am not calling the shots in my relationship, nor do I want to. For most things, I defer to him. He's usually more right about stuff and way more even tempered than I am, anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a biochem test this week I've gotta study for, and I think our worldviews are too far apart to have a productive discussion

it just makes me love you even more

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How's that studying going @touchpause13?

I am sitting at my parents house drinking my chai having a silent mental protest about going to work.

Hey this is random but I'm just curious. What are your thoughts on wisdom teeth removal? It seems to me like there's a growing trend of dentists that say it's not necessary for the avg person and that the typical "crowding" explanation isn't scientifically valid.

Hey this is random but I'm just curious. What are your thoughts on wisdom teeth removal? It seems to me like there's a growing trend of dentists that say it's not necessary for the avg person and that the typical "crowding" explanation isn't scientifically valid.

not medical advice

wisdom teeth extractions arent usually indicated(anymore?) unless theres a problem. typical problems are big cavities on the teeth, infections around them, impactions making it difficult to keep things clean around them, and less often, crowding of other teeth. a lot of traditional braces/invisalign treatments are accomplished without wisdom teeth extractions beforehand.

Blargh.

I still have my wisdom teeth. They weren't causing me any problems so my dentist didn't see any reason to take them out

Blargh.

I still have my wisdom teeth. They weren't causing me any problems so my dentist didn't see any reason to take them out

Same. If you watch franklin and bash, we're like franklin and swatello

Apparently you are qualified to comment on the exact nature of an internet stranger's relationship. Though I suppose calling it a "comment" does you too much credit, as all I see you doing is spewing profanity, name-calling, and strawmanning an argument you apparently find distasteful.

Honestly, I think you're projecting your own thoughts onto this guy. I didn't see anything wrong in his statement. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a beautiful sex partner and a housekeeper for a wife. And I don't see anything that he said about status or "holes." Different men prefer different things in women, and nothing gives you the right to decide that desiring certain things is "correct," and that desiring certain other things (like beauty, femininity, self-confidence, love) is "misogynistic."

I get that this kind of thinking is anathema to you because you're a big, strong female physician who don't need no man, but what does it matter? I don't think you're the kind of person these guys (or I, for that matter) are looking for anyways.

I think that there may be some merit to this TRP stuff, and that you are being unfairly judgmental. This physician is not the kind of physician I hope to be (a cheating philanderer who lets his base desires dominate him), but there's no doubt that he is a happy, successful man who has a loving relationship with his family.

Look, I don't know what feminist echo chamber you inhabited before you found SDN, but you need to justify your arguments here.

No dude, I am not making a strawman argument. This guy is talking about his wife as though she is a thing rather than a person. There is a difference between saying "My wife is awesome, she is a very beautiful woman, and she is an excellent wife and mother who takes care of me and my children," and saying "I do not think women can be trusted because they had sex with me but I married my wife because she is attractive and a good caretaker. I hope I do not lose her but meh. Also possibly my wife can not be trusted." This is not projection, it is literally what he said. At least he doesn't talk about like controlling her and threatening her with violence if she leaves/ displeases him, which I have seen from Red Pill and the like. But let me just say, if your response to your partner ribbing you about how other people find her attractive is to say "WELL THERE IS THE DOOR," you are probably not the healthiest of individuals.

I'm sure there are people on the Red Pill who are not dangerous. I'm sure the majority of people on the red pill are not dangerous. But basically the Red Pill and other MRA organizations have dudes who say very frightening stuff. Does this make me angry? Of course it does. And I have a right to call whatever I want misogynistic, just as the MRA folks have a right to spout their poison.

You could also maybe consider listening to a woman if she tells you something is creepy and reeks of hatred towards women? Just a thought.

This facial aesthetics nonsense is bull. Situation from Jersey Shore had a terrible face (according to Snooki), and he still got laid all the time.

Isn't your "better half" a physician? That's very much a high status man.

In any case, the point is that women hold all the cards when they are young. In contrast, a man's value rises as he gets older and accrues money and status. When we are young, women control the romantic scene entirely, and a man's agency only rises as we get older.

It's become even worse now with obesity. As we've discussed, obesity completely torpedoes a woman's attractiveness. I'm sure it has a similar effect on a man's desirability; however, it's not the same. The male counterpart to an obese woman is not an obese man, it's a slovenly loser who lives in his parent's basement and overwhelmingly prefers Azeroth to Earth.

The end result is a dating scene in which young women have all the power and choice. And thus, to say it how they would in Game of Thrones, I cannot press a claim on these women without having the status and means necessary to defeat other claimants (the other dudes mackin on the bish).

What was it that Homer said (the Greek poet, not the Simpsons character)? "Even the bravest man cannot fight beyond his strength." But what if you build up your strength?

And that's what I'm doing.

Back to Pulm.

AS A MOSTLY HETEROSEXUAL YOUNG WOMAN OF AVERAGE ATTRACTIVENESS IN THE CONVENTIONAL SOCIETAL SENSE

YOU ARE WRONG

as a
mostly heterosexual

young woman

(i am eecummings up in this piece)