Does being a resident attract more girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn. Because I would've hopped on even as a straight dude.
First ask him to change that grotesque shade of blonde that clashes with his complexion. His usual hair color suits him 100x more.

There might be girls out there attracted to motorcycles and race car drivers and guys in bands. I suspect they mainly come from a certain class of society.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There might be girls out there attracted to motorcycles and race car drivers and guys in bands. I suspect they mainly come from a certain class of society.

LOL, several castes below you, I'm sure. ;)

Let me give you a reality check. I could have guys much better looking than either of those two if I want. That's easy enough. And I don't even have the buttloads of money they do. Reassess your calculations.

Members don't see this ad :)
First ask him to change that grotesque shade of blonde that clashes with his complexion. His usual hair color suits him 100x more.

Well, that's funny because it's precisely for the poon, by the poon, and of the poon that springs forth all of my species attempts to make themselves cool since the beginning...and since I haven't noticed anything change, I suspect...to the end of our species on this earth.

Playing guitar and riding motorcycles is clearly f'n awesome. So I question your judgment.

Either way. I just am interested in these types of things and I am certain I'm correct about them. Causing you to loose or gain respect for me is seoncdary to the pleasure I gain from expressing my thoughts...And seeing the funny jokes my male comrades have come up with around the topic. Considerably cooler than twink photos. Just sayin.

Hate to say it, but have you considered that the game has changed? Where guys like Kennedy and Clooney were tagging it, guys like Robin Thicke are begging their wives not to get divorced.

What might have been desirable just 15 years ago is no longer true today. I'm rather sympathetic to the previous ways b/c they feel more manly, but today's woman is a different breed with different expectations. And she is forcing those expectations on your average and above-average chump, whose options are so limited that he has no choice but to accept.

Well, that's funny because it's precisely for the poon, by the poon, and of the poon that springs forth all of my species attempts to make themselves cool since the beginning...and since I haven't noticed anything change, I suspect...to the end of our species on this earth.

Playing guitar and riding motorcycles is clearly f'n awesome. So I question your judgment.

Either way. I just am interested in these types of things and I am certain I'm correct about them. Causing you to loose or gain respect for me is seoncdary to the pleasure I gain from expressing my thoughts...And seeing the funny jokes my male comrades have come up with around the topic. Considerably cooler than twink photos. Just sayin.
Hate to say it, but have you considered that the game has changed? Where guys like Kennedy and Clooney were tagging it, guys like Robin Thicke are begging their wives not to get divorced.

What might have been desirable just 15 years ago is no longer true today. I'm rather sympathetic to the previous ways b/c they feel more manly, but today's woman is a different breed with different expectations. And she is forcing that on your average and above-average chump, whose options are so limited that he has no choice but to accept.

What are these new expectations?

Just read this thread again and discern them from Anasto's posts. They're in there, lol.

Just read this thread again and discern them from Anasto's posts. They're in there, lol.

I would not take anything Anastomosis asserts and, with confidence, take it to be the prevailing opinion of the general female population.

Let me amend: the general human population.

My observations & opinion & experience. Girls are a demanding lot. If you're below average in looks, there's no chemistry and you get friend-zoned. Happens frequently to my friends. If you're average, you tend to have to date down. If you're above average, she wants to ring you up. If you're very attractive, then you're dealing with the head games and endless bs from the high end. Don't care how you slice it, but guys at all levels are getting the short end of the stick. I'm sure some guys make sacrifices on age / looks / weight /whatever to reduce the bs they want to deal with.

Girls like Anasto are frankly a dime a dozen. Pretty (?), educated, demanding. They corner themselves into a high probability of spinsterhood, but there's so many of them that you can't discount her views.

My observations & opinion & experience. Girls are a demanding lot. If you're below average in looks, there's no chemistry and you get friend-zoned. Happens frequently to my friends. If you're average, you tend to have to date down. If you're above average, she wants to ring you up. If you're very attractive, then you're dealing with the head games and endless bs from the high end. Don't care how you slice it, but guys at all levels are getting the short end of the stick. I'm sure some guys make sacrifices on age / looks / weight /whatever to reduce the bs they want to deal with.

Girls like Anasto are frankly a dime a dozen. Pretty (?), educated, demanding. They corner themselves into a high probability of spinsterhood, but there's so many of them that you can't discount her views.

Oh and just so there's no ambivalence, if I EVER find myself changing my behavior to seem more amenable/likable to someone like Anastomosis, you have my permission to shoot me in the head.

Reactions: 2 users

As a man, it very little to do with your face unless you live in some place like LA. What you do with your body and mind is entirely up to you. Have a personality, friends, and a decent bod, you'll 9/10 times land a chick hotter than you, if that's your primary concern.

Girls will always get the shorter end of the stick, with the notable exception of divorce settlements / custody.

I would not take anything Anastomosis asserts and, with confidence, take it to be the prevailing opinion of the general female population.

Let me amend: the general human population.

Really? Coz she and I have the same opinions about this stuff. And I found someone who is everything I wanted..

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? Coz she and I have the same opinions about this stuff. And I found someone who is everything I wanted..

You are just one more person, and while I find you an order of magnitude more palatable than your doppleganger, that doesn't mean your opinions are any more representative of the broader population.

I feel you. I was telling Fancy how I met this amazing girl while in my rotations. Super smart, super successful for her age, hard-working, religious, and meets all my other standards of craziness. A couple of minor flaws, but it's whatever. We went out twice. At the end of the 2nd date, told her I wasn't coming back to the city because I got in trouble. I could tell she was disappointed and asked what I did. Being an honest guy, I told her, and boy was that a mistake. I could tell she was really turned off by what I did, and things just ended between us. I guess, had it been the other way around, I would've stuck it through with the girl and not let some obstacle come in the way. Ironically, not more than 12 hours after our date ended, the school emails me back with the verdict and tells me I'm back in good standing - fml.

I don't date girls of my background, since most feel super entitled with everything in life and have so much drama it's unbelievable. However, after my last interracial relationship, I'm adamant on dating somebody of my own background. Seeing things end with this girl, was definitely disappointing. Haven't spoken to her since I left the city (~ 2 weeks). It's her birthday this week, and I'll mail her something out. Don't want to ignore her bday just because things with us didn't work out...

In your own mind. And I recognize that. :)

What might have been desirable just 15 years ago is no longer true today. I'm rather sympathetic to the previous ways b/c they feel more manly, but today's woman is a different breed with different expectations. And she is forcing those expectations on your average and above-average chump, whose options are so limited that he has no choice but to accept.
Okay, this entire post is written purely from a selfish male perspective. Why should women settle for "average chumps" if they are not "average" themselves? You're not talking about "attractive, educated men"...but you whine that attractive educated women need to bring their standards back down for "manly men". Pshhh, lots of women have discovered spinsterstood might not be so bad than being attached at the hip to a loser you don't even wanna have sex with anyway. Next.

In your own mind. And I recognize that. :)

Okay, this entire post is written purely from a selfish male perspective. Why should women settle for "average chumps" if they are not "average" themselves? You're not talking about "attractive, educated men"...but you whine that attractive educated women need to bring their standards back down for "manly men". Pshhh, lots of women have discovered spinsterstood might not be so bad than being attached at the hip to a loser you don't even wanna have sex with anyway. Next.

I would rather be single than settle for some mediocre loser who won't get along with my family and who would likely make me miserable

Okay, this entire post is written purely from a selfish male perspective.

Pot calling kettle?

You're not talking about "attractive, educated men"...but you whine that attractive educated women need to bring their standards back down for "manly men". Pshhh, lots of women have discovered spinsterstood might not be so bad than being attached at the hip to a loser you don't even wanna have sex with anyway. Next.

Why not double down and become a lesbian? Or are cats less bitchy?

Pot calling kettle?

Why not double down and become a lesbian? Or are cats less bitchy?
Stop being hateful, solitarious. What I am saying is that attractive intelligent women deserve attractive intelligent men. They don't deserve "deep thinking pudgy farts" who feel like life isn't being fair to them because all the pretty girls are ignoring them. waaa waaa. Get plastic surgery...go work out. I don't know what else to tell you. Blame your parents for your genes. I'm not complaining about men...they are acting just lovely with me. No complaints here. I just wish there were more of them that are smart + hot in one package is all.

Note: When boys objectify girls in threads, you don't see a flight of girls whining and bitching. When fancy and I make a few posts about hot guys playfully...some of you come out of the woodwork like little bitches...crying about how women don't really care about hotness or...wishing they were more accomodating. Puh-lease.

*Gurrglee....gurgglleee....... *Gasp*, *heavy breathing*.

Whew, thank god. I nearly drowned in all that craziness and insecure backbiting.

Stop being hateful, solitarious. What I am saying is that attractive intelligent women deserve attractive intelligent men. They don't deserve "deep thinking pudgy farts" who feel like life isn't being fair to them because all the pretty girls are ignoring them. waaa waaa. Get plastic surgery...go work out. I don't know what else to tell you. Blame your parents for your genes. I'm not complaining about men...they are acting just lovely with me. No complaints here. I just wish there were more of them that are smart + hot in one package is all.

You have no idea where I fall in the food chain. Regardless, I am calling a spade a spade. I'm sorry that you're upset, but hate the game, not the player.

What's wrong with interracial relationships?! > <
Lol nothing. It was an awesome relationship of 5.5 years. We connected emotionally, mentally, physically, and etc. Communication, which is so important to me, was on point with this girl. With that sex was great cause of our wide open communication channel. Just some cultural differences made it difficult. She was willing to learn the culture and etc - but just some stuff was missing. Didn't help either that she was six years older than me, and my parents hated it. She texted me a few months ago telling me her marriage is a bit rocky and that if she got a divorce would her and I get back together? Said no, because I didn't want to raise another man's child. She had a LEEP done and the physician was telling her she may need a hysterectomy. She said not yet because she still feels her and I will get back together and she wants to have a child with me...

Typed from iPhone so excuse the errors.

We're not SO bad. Are we?

Lol, no like I said, I like you. And having read Kaustiko's posts in the past, I like him too, which makes you even cooler. Anastomosis on the other hand...

...I'm completely in love with.;)

If that's what you're looking for, you should be thrilled to be in medical school of all places. Pretty much half the men in my class are quite muscular, with a few even competing in bodybuilding or powerlifting tournaments. The rest stopped caring about their appearance or health, I think.

You sound like a nice guy. And it's lovely of you to share. I think you could easily try again and do well with the same calibre of girl. Also, if she rejected you for something you did wrong in your personal life...that just means your relationship had not yet developed to that level where somebody stands by you and sticks it out.

Yeah, I'm sending the stuffed bear and card with no expectations. I really would like to make things work with this girl and just her, only. I'm not a serial dater who dates for the sake of it or the guy who juggles 4-5 girls. I'd rather find one girl, if she meets my standards - put all my eggs in that single basket. I know she's also serious on finding a partner because she's on 3 dating sites, turning 28 soon, and her biggest fear is being alone.

Sucks that on our 2nd date she was asking me how many girls am I talking to (she guessed 4, when really it's just her, lol), what would I bring to the table, what're my deal dealers, etc etc. Said I was so different from other guys etc and how I can freely say things to her and not get scared to express it...fml.

I can send you and Fancy a PM with all the details of how we met. My best-girl-friend wanted the details so I had emailed her and it kinda turned out to be a mini-romance novel...lulz.

Yeah, I'm sending the stuffed bear and card with no expectations. I really would like to make things work with this girl and just her, only. I'm not a serial dater who dates for the sake of it or the guy who juggles 4-5 girls. I'd rather find one girl, if she meets my standards - put all my eggs in that single basket. I know she's also serious on finding a partner because she's on 3 dating sites, turning 28 soon, and her biggest fear is being alone.

Sucks that on our 2nd date she was asking me how many girls am I talking to (she guessed 4, when really it's just her, lol), what would I bring to the table, what're my deal dealers, etc etc. Said I was so different from other guys etc and how I can freely say things to her and not get scared to express it...fml.

I can send you and Fancy a PM with all the details of how we met. My best-girl-friend wanted the details so I had emailed her and it kinda turned out to be a mini-romance novel...lulz.

I feel like I just stepped into a therapy session.

Reactions: 1 users
Arkangeloid darling, I realize you're not as quick as some but I have to ask you...which of those 4 boys I posted looks like a bodybuilding powerlifter? I find overly muscular men almost as unappealing as hippos.

Rofl, I should show this comment to the guys in my class and see if they agree with your assessment of them as "overly muscular."

Not everyone who competes in bodybuilding or powerlifting looks like a walking cadaver or a bear with tree trunks for legs. Sure, the professionals who are on craycray gear look like that. But there are plenty of people of whom the only indication that they are bodybuilders is a fit, classically attractive, balanced physique and a defined cephalic vein.

Oh, and one more thing: please don't patronize me again. I get enough of that IRL, thanks.

Hate to say it, but have you considered that the game has changed? ... I'm rather sympathetic to the previous ways b/c they feel more manly, but today's woman is a different breed with different expectations. And she is forcing those expectations on your average and above-average chump, whose options are so limited that he has no choice but to accept.

I'm right there with you on this one- motorcycles? Seriously? Ugh. Nothing about that is a turn on. Or guns. Just no.

So you like effeminate guys? Nothing wrong with that. Liking a guy who shaves his chest, calls his parents every day, has never used a tool or fixed anything in his life, doesn't know how to drive a stick shift let alone a motorcycle, spends hours every day on his appearance, still gets his money from mom and pop, and surrounds himself in drama?
Sorry, but the game hasn't changed. Obviously people are different and two seemingly identical girls may be attracted two totally different types of men, but if anything, the metrosexual fad from a few years back has increased the appeal of the traditional 'man's man.' You would be surprised how many young, attractive, urban wasp-type girls when it comes down to it really want the man who is slightly grizzly, chiseled, much bigger than she is, and besides the necessary educational prerequisites of college/grad school knows how to use a chainsaw, frame a house, hunt, or drive something other than a Prius. They may strategically choose to marry the effiminate trust fund guy instead, but that's a different matter.

So you like effeminate guys? Nothing wrong with that. Liking a guy who shaves his chest, calls his parents every day, has never used a tool or fixed anything in his life, doesn't know how to drive a stick shift let alone a motorcycle, spends hours every day on his appearance, still gets his money from mom and pop, and surrounds himself in drama?
Sorry, but the game hasn't changed. Obviously people are different and two seemingly identical girls may be attracted two totally different types of men, but if anything, the metrosexual fad from a few years back has increased the appeal of the traditional 'man's man.' You would be surprised how many young, attractive, urban wasp-type girls when it comes down to it really want the man who is slightly grizzly, chiseled, much bigger than she is, and besides the necessary educational prerequisites of college/grad school knows how to use a chainsaw, frame a house, hunt, or drive something other than a Prius. They may strategically choose to marry the effiminate trust fund guy instead, but that's a different matter.

...I want a doctor from a doctor family who is smart, nice, gets along with the people in my life, respects me and my parents, and wants to have lots of cute babies.

Since I don't plan on caulking **** or changing tires, he had better know how to do these things. However in return, I'll take care of all the menial household chores and things while balancing my hopefully successful career..somehow.

These types of guys exist, they're just mostly all taken or in weird places like..the Midwest :D

...I want a doctor from a doctor family who is smart, nice, gets along with the people in my life, respects me and my parents, and wants to have lots of cute babies.

Since I don't plan on caulking **** or changing tires, he had better know how to do these things. However in return, I'll take care of all the menial household chores and things while balancing my hopefully successful career..somehow.

These types of guys exist, they're just mostly all taken or in weird places like..the Midwest :D

Why does it matter if he is a doctor or if especially his parents are doctors? You're not with him when he's at work, so why does it matter what he does as long as it is reasonably gainful and legitimate? Some bright kids choose to become doctors, some become software developers, some become pilots, some become businessmen, some become navy seals, etc. Young people who are driven likely had the potential to do any of these things but they may not have wanted to work with sick people. Am I correct in saying that what you mean by "I want a doctor" is "I want somebody who is driven and hardworking"? I.e., not a guy with a regular job at some office pushing paper and counting the minutes on the verge of getting laid off any second like most people? Or does the "MD" really matter that much? Are you east Asian or Indian? This seems to be a cultural thing I never understood.

Why does it matter if he is a doctor or if especially his parents are doctors? You're not with him when he's at work, so why does it matter what he does as long as it is reasonably gainful and legitimate? Some bright kids choose to become doctors, some become software developers, some become pilots, some become businessmen, some become navy seals, etc. Young people who are driven likely had the potential to do any of these things but they may not have wanted to work with sick people. Am I correct in saying that what you mean by "I want a doctor" is "I want somebody who is driven and hardworking"? I.e., not a guy with a regular job at some office pushing paper and counting the minutes on the verge of getting laid off any second like most people? Or does the "MD" really matter that much? Are you east Asian or Indian? This seems to be a cultural thing I never understood.

Indian. Cultural bias that I've previously admitted to.

Indian. Cultural bias that I've previously admitted to.

Yeah, being a physician is considered the "god profession" in our culture. I also hear it's a potent aphrodisiac for a man to be a doctor.

(Full disclosure: that was one of my motivations for going into medicine).

Yeah, being a physician is considered the "god profession" in our culture. I also hear it's a potent aphrodisiac for a man to be a doctor.

(Full disclosure: that was one of my motivations for going into medicine).

It would also make my parents happy...

Although seeing as how I just got my hair dyed back to blonde, I sometimes could care less what they think. Heh

I'm not picking on you specifically here because I've heard it countless times from countless women, but changing a tire is one of the most overrated "skills" out there. You'd be wise not to let that or any other comparable menial skill be a dealbreaker.

I'm not picking on you specifically here because I've heard it countless times from countless women, but changing a tire is one of the most overrated "skills" out there. You'd be wise not to let that or any other comparable menial skill be a dealbreaker.

I'd just call MB roadside assistance if my guy couldn't help me. They'd do it. :D

(Yes I know, re: your post. I was just being facetious)

My father once had to rescue me from a flat tire and he taught me how to change it. Then I did it for myself once and I don't even have good upper body strength. It's not even a thing. Thanks for pointing that out. ;)

Well, some might want a doctor to have plenty in common. I know female med students who absolutely refuse to marry a doctor because they think it's the death of all things human as they want to escape from the hospital once the day is over. Personally, he could have a basic college degree in almost anything and I'd prefer he enjoy his work than slave in a profession he hates. I want someone energetic and happy. I'm pretty lax in that department.

My father once had to rescue me from a flat tire and he taught me how to change it. Then I did it for myself once and I don't even have good upper body strength. It's not even a thing. Thanks for pointing that out. ;)

This is exactly why I mentioned it. My grandfather founded a trucking company that my dad and uncle now operate. I was taught how to change a tire when I was like 13. Changed probably five tires while I was in college and "taught" maybe a dozen girls in the process. Every one them seemed highly disappointed when they found out a skill that seems so manly is actually pretty damn simple.

Last edited:

Changing a tire is actually pretty difficult without a specialized station to mount and balance it on the wheel and experience doing so. Changing a wheel, on the other hand, is rather straightforward if you have the physical strength to break rusted lugs torqued to 100 ft lbs or carry a breaker bar with you (which you should) and the common sense to remember to engage the parking break before raising the car with the crank jack.

Reactions: 1 users

I dress well(I suppose some could call some outfits effeminate), have a strong family life(not doctors but good people) built my own furniture for my apartment this year, will change your oil and am from Wisconsin (apparently a weird place) moving to Florida for school. From my perspective girls in med school are great because they've already shown dedication to something, ambition, wanting to help people, intelligence, and on and on. Nothing wrong with a woman knowing what she wants...

No Kahreek. That's why I'm holding out for you.

What's with you and this Cumberbatch guy? I had to google him last time you mentioned him. Nothing to write home about. If you're going to refer to outrageously handsome men, let me help you with that...

images
images
34.jpg
pg2_g_mcpartlin_200.jpg

you're welcome.

Guy looks more like middle eastern. The one who is wearing white trousers.

Changing a tire is actually pretty difficult without a specialized station to mount and balance it on the wheel and experience doing so. Changing a wheel, on the other hand, is rather straightforward if you have the physical strength to break rusted lugs torqued to 100 ft lbs or carry a breaker bar with you (which you should) and the common sense to remember to engage the parking break before raising the car with the crank jack.

It depends. I've had the same tire go flat twice in the last year. The first time I tried to change it, called AAA for a tow truck, the tow truck driver tried to change it, failed, towed it to Sears (warranty), and they proceeded to beat on the tire for a good 30 minutes before they could break the rust off.

The second time was 11:00 at night on the side of a freeway where I said "F this, this is what AAA is for." Tow truck driver ended up needing his crow bar to get the tire off. F'ing Sebring.

Granted, I still know how to change a tire, it's the car that won't play nice. Now where's my GF.