Does being a resident attract more girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heh, working out is actually kind of fun. The problem is eating healthy, which is most of the battle, and much more difficult to do. Then you realize that eating healthy is most of the battle, and you can't progress without it, and you stop caring about working out.
All you need to do in order to progress your body is to increase your bench/squat/deadlift without getting much fatter. Until you got big lifts, the details of your diet and training aren't that relevant simply because there isnt much mass/strength to work with in the first place.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
My LDL levels are actually quiet low... blood pressure 110/60 on average. All other blood work results perfect too.. resting heart rate mid 50s (and I rarely ever do cardio, which is odd cause I'm a former national level sprinter and loved running).

Mirin.. except your bp is the same as my 100lb asian gf.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
a valid message.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
DiCaprio looks like ass. And has ever since he hit 30. I don't know what went wrong there. His face went the direction of Marlon Brando - facial skeleton got all wide and crude or something. Sure, Gosling is alright.

Women only moderately care about physical appearance, the fact that he's DiCaprio, first Jack and now Jay Gatsby? Thats all the swagger he needs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sometimes I find myself liking humanity too much, so then I go on studentdoctor.net.

Reactions: 3 users
Girls definitely love misogyny. They dig it a lot.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, bc Reddit is the purveyor of truth. TL;DR @Arkangeloid, summarize?

Summary: dude becomes a physician and starts beasting bishes, he compares an MD to being "behind the velvet rope."

And it better. I've given up everything for this career. While the fratboys were drinking themselves into their tenth stupor of the week, I was studying for the MCAT. While they were rawdogging sorostitutes, I was reading Berg's Biochem.

All of that has led up to where I am today, and where I will be 2 years from now when I become an MD. And I will face my death before I let some pretentious douche of a Pulm/CC doctor ruin that for me.

Kk back to da books

Summary: dude becomes a physician and starts beasting bishes, he compares an MD to being "behind the velvet rope."

And it better. I've given up everything for this career. While the fratboys were drinking themselves into their tenth stupor of the week, I was studying for the MCAT. While they were rawdogging sorostitutes, I was reading Berg's Biochem.

All of that has led up to where I am today, and where I will be 2 years from now when I become an MD. And I will face my death before I let some pretentious douche of a Pulm/CC doctor ruin that for me.

Kk back to da books

Honestly, i don't find it to be much of a surprise. The guy was probably moderately attractive and decently successful with girls (no more than 2-3 month dry spells after the age of 18)- and this isn't THAT difficult to achieve if you talk to enough girls. Now couple on the fact that he's a doctor making strong 6 figure salaries, and that most of these girls are starting to get bored of their marriages/they know their looks are going downhill they need to upgrade their situation by snagging a top dog like him. I highly doubt getting an MD would make a socially awkward guy who never got laid before suddenly a stud, but it will definitely increase your dating prospects. OKCupid data showed that the #1 wanted profession for men is physician. Not lawyer, not investment banker, physician. The former two have the money and prestige, but doctors can still save your life. Also, the "snagging" doctors thing is more common than you think. A close female friend of mine (shes a bad betch too) told me all these girls know they need to snag a provider before they get old, so medical students/residents/attendings, its all fair game. Now the depressing reality is that there are plenty of guys who will fall for this **** and end up the beta provider for a trickle of guaranteed pus through obligatory sex... on the flipside, if you can juggle multiple of these individuals simultaneously and give them enough attention to make them think you want to be that provider, then its pus galore.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, i don't find it to be much of a surprise. The guy was probably moderately attractive and decently successful with girls (no more than 2-3 month dry spells after the age of 18)- and this isn't THAT difficult to achieve if you talk to enough girls. Now couple on the fact that he's a doctor making strong 6 figure salaries, and that most of these girls are starting to get bored of their marriages/they know their looks are going downhill they need to upgrade their situation by snagging a top dog like him. I highly doubt getting an MD would make a socially awkward guy who never got laid before suddenly a stud, but it will definitely increase your dating prospects. OKCupid data showed that the #1 wanted profession for men is physician. Not lawyer, not investment banker, physician. The former two have the money and prestige, but doctors can still save your life. Also, the "snagging" doctors thing is more common than you think. A close female friend of mine (shes a bad betch too) told me all these girls know they need to snag a provider before they get old, so medical students/residents/attendings, its all fair game. Now the depressing reality is that there are plenty of guys who will fall for this **** and end up the beta provider for a trickle of guaranteed pus through obligatory sex... on the flipside, if you can juggle multiple of these individuals simultaneously and give them enough attention to make them think you want to be that provider, then its pus galore.
Ark sure seems to think so.

Wow, has the Primary Care crisis gotten so bad that now women are trying to snag doctors for their medical care?

Reactions: 4 users
Now the depressing reality is that there are plenty of guys who will fall for this **** and end up the beta provider for a trickle of guaranteed pus through obligatory sex... on the flipside, if you can juggle multiple of these individuals simultaneously and give them enough attention to make them think you want to be that provider, then its pus galore.
romantic at heart, eh?

Oh great, you're back?

Well, @fancymylotus, I think that getting me to leave SDN is finally going to happen now.

How fortuitous.

No one is "getting" you to leave. Don't try to put the burden on @fancymylotus.

Dude, she wants me to leave so I can beast this bish. And I agree, that's why I've stopped posting or logging in as much. But I think that Anasto's return might be just the impetus that I need to stay away.

Dude, she wants me to leave so I can beast this bish. And I agree, that's why I've stopped posting or logging in as much. But I think that Anasto's return might be just the impetus that I need to stay away.
Especially since you take everything that she says to heart, rather than seeing the underlying message.

The general rule of life, besides the world clearly revolving around yours truly, is that anytime you start to think that something is my fault, you should stop and realize that in actuality...nothing's ever my fault. I didn't do it! :D

#gostudyark

romantic at heart, eh?
Your back!?:D
sopranos.png

How was life without SDN?

Reactions: 2 users
It's okay to be old, as long as you don't look like it.

Atleast have a moderate marketable face and you're sold. No need to tell them you're a resident XD

It's a very misogynistic subforum of reddit

I actually started reading a bit of it this morning, and I don't see too much that's wrong with it. It does seem like a few guys report on atypical cases or cause celebres and make wild extrapolations based on them, but other that, it seems like they have some useful advice to give to men. I'll check it out after Pulm.

I also get annoyed when people just randomly throw around words like "misogynist" or "racist" without explaining why. It's a lazy method of arguing that unfairly tries to make the other side justify themselves just to be heard. If you want to call someone a "misogynist," you should at least be able to tell us why you think so.

Ok, that's my post for today, back to da books (trying to limit SDNing as much as possible).

I don't understand what I said wrong.

Last edited:
I can't

Kk back to da books

Wow. Sham-wow.

My brother got married recently and he was in a frat. He has a lot of cool friends. I was jealous.

As an aside, the doctor I shadowed a number of years ago seemed to have practically no friends and was ....weird. No exactly gaming it, LOL. I always get a kick out of the D-bag guys who think they will be 'hammin' bishes' or whatever b/c they are a doctor. You may have noticed--there are a lot of men in the world with great women, and about 99.99999% of those men are not physicians.

But hey, rock on.

Last edited:
It's a very misogynistic subforum of reddit

There are a lot of misogynistic posts on TRP but that doesn't mean TRP philosophy is misogynistic. The whole purpose is to educate men about the realities of being a man in the modern era. Why is this necessary? Until about 40 years ago, being a man was a pretty well defined role in society- then feminism, mass produced birth control, and professional equality amongst the men/women arose which sort of threw everything into chaos. Now, women don't really "need" men the way they did in the past, whether or not this is a positive or negative thing isn't the point. We don't know what the long term effects of this social shift are going to be. What we do know is that for a long time, in MOST societies in the human world (not all), men played the role of provider.

So the point is to educate men about how to handle modern women- and by handling that includes anything from advice on how to attract women to handling the various "tests" your girlfriend might put you through in the course of a relationship. Overwhelming, the advice is logical and hard to swallow, but ultimately works. The reason why there are so many "misogynstic" posts on the TRP subreddit is because of the fact that most men only find that subreddit AFTER they have some kind of traumatic experience such as being cheated on, divorce raped, etc. So please, instead of going around and accusing a whole group of subscribers for misogny, try and empathize and see why its occurring to begin with. Oh, and if you're looking for the female equivalent of toxicity you find in the TRP sub (at times), go over to TwoXChromosomes and you'll be equally appalled.