Does being a resident attract more girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1408392809371.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
There are a lot of misogynistic posts on TRP but that doesn't mean TRP philosophy is misogynistic. The whole purpose is to educate men about the realities of being a man in the modern era. Why is this necessary? Until about 40 years ago, being a man was a pretty well defined role in society- then feminism, mass produced birth control, and professional equality amongst the men/women arose which sort of threw everything into chaos. Now, women don't really "need" men the way they did in the past, whether or not this is a positive or negative thing isn't the point. We don't know what the long term effects of this social shift are going to be. What we do know is that for a long time, in MOST societies in the human world (not all), men played the role of provider.

So the point is to educate men about how to handle modern women- and by handling that includes anything from advice on how to attract women to handling the various "tests" your girlfriend might put you through in the course of a relationship. Overwhelming, the advice is logical and hard to swallow, but ultimately works. The reason why there are so many "misogynstic" posts on the TRP subreddit is because of the fact that most men only find that subreddit AFTER they have some kind of traumatic experience such as being cheated on, divorce raped, etc. So please, instead of going around and accusing a whole group of subscribers for misogny, try and empathize and see why its occurring to begin with. Oh, and if you're looking for the female equivalent of toxicity you find in the TRP sub (at times), go over to TwoXChromosomes and you'll be equally appalled.

Tips fedora.

Members don't see this ad :)
Summary: dude becomes a physician and starts beasting bishes, he compares an MD to being "behind the velvet rope."

And it better. I've given up everything for this career. While the fratboys were drinking themselves into their tenth stupor of the week, I was studying for the MCAT. While they were rawdogging sorostitutes, I was reading Berg's Biochem.

All of that has led up to where I am today, and where I will be 2 years from now when I become an MD. And I will face my death before I let some pretentious douche of a Pulm/CC doctor ruin that for me.

Kk back to da books

Some of us were badass enough to be a frat star extraordinaire, B L's on sorostititues' T's on the reg, AND crush the MCAT.

DT-feels-good-to-be-a-gangster.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
There are a lot of misogynistic posts on TRP but that doesn't mean TRP philosophy is misogynistic. The whole purpose is to educate men about the realities of being a man in the modern era. Why is this necessary? Until about 40 years ago, being a man was a pretty well defined role in society- then feminism, mass produced birth control, and professional equality amongst the men/women arose which sort of threw everything into chaos. Now, women don't really "need" men the way they did in the past, whether or not this is a positive or negative thing isn't the point. We don't know what the long term effects of this social shift are going to be. What we do know is that for a long time, in MOST societies in the human world (not all), men played the role of provider.

So the point is to educate men about how to handle modern women- and by handling that includes anything from advice on how to attract women to handling the various "tests" your girlfriend might put you through in the course of a relationship. Overwhelming, the advice is logical and hard to swallow, but ultimately works. The reason why there are so many "misogynstic" posts on the TRP subreddit is because of the fact that most men only find that subreddit AFTER they have some kind of traumatic experience such as being cheated on, divorce raped, etc. So please, instead of going around and accusing a whole group of subscribers for misogny, try and empathize and see why its occurring to begin with. Oh, and if you're looking for the female equivalent of toxicity you find in the TRP sub (at times), go over to TwoXChromosomes and you'll be equally appalled.

Hmm... This sounds like fertile ground for some anthropological studies on gender conceptions (misconceptions) in society.

Ok, here's the thing. Human relationships are complex and people are complex. You get divorced, you can't just simplify it to "I was married to a bitch." Girls don't like you, you can't simplify it to "I need to act in such and such a manner and then I will unlock the key to many beautiful vaginas." The redpill crowd, and the MRA crowd, and the PUA crowd, all of whom sort of overlap, their whole thing is built on generalizing about women, and treating them as a homogenous group of people who all act in a certain manner and are motivated by certain things. But it's even worse, they aren't even written about like people, more like things. If you can read what that doctor wrote and not see the inherent misogyny, you are not reading closely enough, or you hate women yourself.

This is what this guy has to say about his wife: "It has worked out beautifully in that she is a red pill woman - she is astoundingly beautiful, secure and not overly demanding of my time, keeps herself in shape, and devotedly takes care of me and my children."

This is someone he claims to love, and he basically is writing about her as though she were a sex robot with some child-rearing functionality built in. "I love her but I would get over the loss of her." He doesn't love her, he values her as a status symbol/ housekeeper/ hole to put his dick in.

And to the person who says that women should try to be "empathetic" towards people who make such predatory, emotionally stunted, sometimes downright frightening statements about women in general?

Go **** yourself, because there's no way in hell I want to do it for you.

Yeah I get it, sometimes people don't get what they want. Boo ****ing hoo.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok, here's the thing. Human relationships are complex and people are complex. You get divorced, you can't just simplify it to "I was married to a bitch."
But this one time, I actually was married to a total *****. Sometimes things actually can be simplified down to, "I married an honest-to-God evil and manipulative human being." It's really hard to see sociopathy when you're wrapped up in it. Most relationships are complex and can't be simplified though. And everyone that is on TRP and takes it seriously is a waste of a human being.

I went over to The Red Pill, read a bunch of articles, what it's about, etc. Here's what I've gleaned:

1. Everyone, both men and women, want to not only maximize their happiness, but be loved as well, as the human beings they are.
2. However, due to culture, history between the genders, and a whole lot of other tidbits, everyone has established very interesting (and to many, wrong) ways of obtaining this in the "best" possible manner.

What I can't figure out is if not only the The Red Pill, but other strategies for both men and women, are truly taken seriously and enacted out in the real world. I understand people have affairs all the time, women and men can be very promiscuous, turning down good prospects, etc. What's difficult to realize for me is that for all these men and women, the generalizations/analyses they make on the opposite gender is cold, hard societal/social/cultural truth. Granted, this is my first experience with reading material related to and of The Red Pill, so maybe I am that naive. Thus, it gets me ever that so eager to take up a discussion with some fellow gender studies peeps about this; considering the sidebar Reddit page the The Red Pill had that says "Gender Studies is Nonsense." The points made would make quite a discussion with those fellow peeps.

Ok, here's the thing. Human relationships are complex and people are complex. You get divorced, you can't just simplify it to "I was married to a bitch." Girls don't like you, you can't simplify it to "I need to act in such and such a manner and then I will unlock the key to many beautiful vaginas." The redpill crowd, and the MRA crowd, and the PUA crowd, all of whom sort of overlap, their whole thing is built on generalizing about women, and treating them as a homogenous group of people who all act in a certain manner and are motivated by certain things. But it's even worse, they aren't even written about like people, more like things. If you can read what that doctor wrote and not see the inherent misogyny, you are not reading closely enough, or you hate women yourself.

This is what this guy has to say about his wife: "It has worked out beautifully in that she is a red pill woman - she is astoundingly beautiful, secure and not overly demanding of my time, keeps herself in shape, and devotedly takes care of me and my children."

This is someone he claims to love, and he basically is writing about her as though she were a sex robot with some child-rearing functionality built in. "I love her but I would get over the loss of her." He doesn't love her, he values her as a status symbol/ housekeeper/ hole to put his dick in.

Apparently you are qualified to comment on the exact nature of an internet stranger's relationship. Though I suppose calling it a "comment" does you too much credit, as all I see you doing is spewing profanity, name-calling, and strawmanning an argument you apparently find distasteful.

Honestly, I think you're projecting your own thoughts onto this guy. I didn't see anything wrong in his statement. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a beautiful sex partner and a housekeeper for a wife. And I don't see anything that he said about status or "holes." Different men prefer different things in women, and nothing gives you the right to decide that desiring certain things is "correct," and that desiring certain other things (like beauty, femininity, self-confidence, love) is "misogynistic."

I get that this kind of thinking is anathema to you because you're a big, strong female physician who don't need no man, but what does it matter? I don't think you're the kind of person these guys (or I, for that matter) are looking for anyways.

I think that there may be some merit to this TRP stuff, and that you are being unfairly judgmental. This physician is not the kind of physician I hope to be (a cheating philanderer who lets his base desires dominate him), but there's no doubt that he is a happy, successful man who has a loving relationship with his family.

Look, I don't know what feminist echo chamber you inhabited before you found SDN, but you need to justify your arguments here.

Last edited:
I went over to The Red Pill, read a bunch of articles, what it's about, etc. Here's what I've gleaned:

1. Everyone, both men and women, want to not only maximize their happiness, but be loved as well, as the human beings they are.
2. However, due to culture, history between the genders, and a whole lot of other tidbits, everyone has established very interesting (and to many, wrong) ways of obtaining this in the "best" possible manner.

What I can't figure out is if not only the The Red Pill, but other strategies for both men and women, are truly taken seriously and enacted out in the real world. I understand people have affairs all the time, women and men can be very promiscuous, turning down good prospects, etc. What's difficult to realize for me is that for all these men and women, the generalizations/analyses they make on the opposite gender is cold, hard societal/social/cultural truth. Granted, this is my first experience with reading material related to and of The Red Pill, so maybe I am that naive. Thus, it gets me ever that so eager to take up a discussion with some fellow gender studies peeps about this; considering the sidebar Reddit page the The Red Pill had that says "Gender Studies is Nonsense." The points made would make quite a discussion with those fellow peeps.

I wouldn't say that it's "truth," more that it's a bunch of extrapolations based on a few anecdotes. That said, the extrapolation is interspersed with some useful observations and advice. I agree with what they say about stopping women from trying to abuse you or take advantage of you.

But I also disagree with the people who call The Red Pill "misogynist" and say nothing else.

I wouldn't say that it's "truth," more that it's a bunch of extrapolations based on a few anecdotes. That said, the extrapolation is interspersed with some useful observations and advice. I agree with what they say about stopping women from trying to abuse you or take advantage of you.

But I also disagree with the people who call The Red Pill "misogynist" and say nothing else.

I get that, which is why I understand the affairs, encounters people have that are abusive/take advantage of men (and women), and all these other anecdotes that are brought up will make one feel this way, take up these strategies. However, and I'm chalking this up to me only reading The Red Pill as of now, I have not seen such strategies implemented by men (and women) in my life. I probably was ignorant, or wasn't looking too hard/going beneath the surface.

Which is why I don't know if I can fully call what The Red Pill purports is "misogyny" because I've never seen any of this acted upon in real life, and moreover, I would be lying to myself if I didn't realize that The Red Pill, and other similar strategies for men and women, are a response to these anecdotes mentioned above, not wanting to be used/abused, and simply wanting the ultimate love and happiness. Yes, the language and thoughts that are brought forward are at times "alarming"; when the physician was fooling around behind his wife's back, I wondered, "If she's a red pill woman, why do that?" And the relations he talks about that he has with other women are also quite uncomfortable, but also, one cannot forget that the women are also responsible for their actions, for their is no indication from him that he abuses/drugs/forces them to involve themselves with him. Other articles that talk about "bangin' all 'em strippers" to prove their alpha worth makes me think of the growing middle-aged women movement that go to "exotic" countries and have multiple relations with young, virile men to prove their sexual worth and attractiveness. It's all interconnected, somehow...

Yet how that is achieved is where it all gets muddled and people find some ways worse than others, better than others.

I get that, which is why I understand the affairs, encounters people have that are abusive/take advantage of men (and women), and all these other anecdotes that are brought up will make one feel this way, take up these strategies. However, and I'm chalking this up to me only reading The Red Pill as of now, I have not seen such strategies implemented by men (and women) in my life. I probably was ignorant, or wasn't looking too hard/going beneath the surface.

Which is why I don't know if I can fully call what The Red Pill purports is "misogyny" because I've never seen any of this acted upon in real life, and moreover, I would be lying to myself if I didn't realize that The Red Pill, and other similar strategies for men and women, are a response to these anecdotes mentioned above, not wanting to be used/abused, and simply wanting the ultimate love and happiness. Yes, the language and thoughts that are brought forward are at times "alarming"; when the physician was fooling around behind his wife's back, I wondered, "If she's a red pill woman, why do that?" And the relations he talks about that he has with other women are also quite uncomfortable, but also, one cannot forget that the women are also responsible for their actions, for their is no indication from him that he abuses/drugs/forces them to involve themselves with him. Other articles that talk about "bangin' all 'em strippers" to prove their alpha worth makes me think of the growing middle-aged women movement that go to "exotic" countries and have multiple relations with young, virile men to prove their sexual worth and attractiveness. It's all interconnected, somehow...

Yet how that is achieved is where it all gets muddled and people find some ways worse than others, better than others.

According to the physician, he cheated was a weak man who could not help but be enticed by a horde of lusty women who wanted his wang because he was a charismatic, wealthy, high-status man. I kinda doubt his portrayal of events or his proclaimed lack of agency, but hey, whatever floats his boat.

I think that The Red Pill basically tells men that the romantic advice they have received over the years, "be yourself," "be a nice guy," etc, is a bunch of crap, and that women are interested in high-status men. And that is true in my experience. I've approached several women in bar and club situations who didn't give me the time of day, not because I wasn't "being myself" (whatever that means), but because I was not "high status" enough for them. So what The Red Pill says makes sense to me.

The Red Pill tells men to become those high status men, I guess. And it's a lesson needed now more than ever, as obesity ravages our population and severely reduces the pool of desirable women.

Hmm. It makes me wonder if Western culture should take a few tips from other cultures. I'm not knowledgeable in gender studies/anthropology of gender and sex, but in studying other cultures that little to no Western influence, there is a vast difference in relations among men and women. In the ones where there is an understood respect for both genders, for me, there is a refreshing perspective and different ways of viewing the gender relationship.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the physician, he cheated was a weak man who could not help but be enticed by a horde of lusty women who wanted his wang because he was a charismatic, wealthy, high-status man. I kinda doubt his portrayal of events or his proclaimed lack of agency, but hey, whatever floats his boat.

I think that The Red Pill basically tells men that the romantic advice they have received over the years, "be yourself," "be a nice guy," etc, is a bunch of crap, and that women are interested in high-status men. And that is true in my experience. I've approached several women in bar and club situations who didn't give me the time of day, not because I wasn't "being myself" (whatever that means), but because I was not "high status" enough for them. So what The Red Pill says makes sense to me.

The Red Pill tells men to become those high status men, I guess. And it's a lesson needed now more than ever, as obesity ravages our population and severely reduces the pool of desirable women.

High status? Really? My better half is not "high status" and I could care less. He loves me and respects me and my family and THAT is more freaking important than the number on his tax return or his perceived status...#gostudyark

Reactions: 2 users

The Red Pill preys on weak-minded, timid, individuals who have a habit of striking out and are looking to place blame anywhere but upon themselves.

Reactions: 3 users
if you are an ugly guy with a great personality, you should stay away from online dating, bars, and clubs.

put yourself in situations where women get to see your good qualities and won't deny you because of height, race, or looks.

if you are an ugly guy with a great personality, you should stay away from online dating, bars, and clubs.

put yourself in situations where women get to see your good qualities and won't deny you because of height, race, or looks.
The problem isn't that ark is an ugly guy with a great personality.

It's that he's a decent looking guy who doesn't understand how to read social cues and calls women bishes.

itt: bishes who are jelly that they aren't going ham in da club

I actually agree with a lot of the red pill stuff. Not all of it and I'm not going to cheat or sleep around, but some of the stuff about gender equality is absolutely true. I've yet to see an intervention by the government in an attempt to sway people towards another direction that has been successful. Affirmative action, along with those "women for science" campaigns have both been huge busts that people are starting to see them for what they really are. They just strengthen the very concepts they are trying to destroy.

Also it's hilarious you guys magically say that red pill stuff is misogyny, when there are just as many people calling out the radical stuff on the reddit as there are people proposing it. It's funny how advocating for men is misogyny, and yet advocating for women is feminism. funny how that works, anyone notice the common denominator here? Women just aren't rational about gender issues, even high achieving ones. The fact that an equality movement was named feminism just proves this concept further. It's funny how we never about misandry, even though there is a WHOLE lot more of that going on now than misogyny.

Very proud of you guys for saying go ham instead of (involuntary shudder) hamming.

Ark needs to get laid. And/or get off sdn. That is my expert (and always right) opinion

I'm not a girl, I can't just "get laid" when I want to.

I can get off SDN though. And I will. Now.

Venus just irked me.

Yeah? Did you have a good time?

it was a very "who else would find this hysterical besides me, oh! tp!" moment.

i was out with a professional colleague whose wife was livid that he was at dinner with me. we're on a committee for the ADA together and had work to do. she no joke called him five times in two hours, and the volume was up on his phone so i could hear her saying "IS SHE SITTING IN FRONT OF YOU AND CAN SHE HEAR ME ASKING ABOUT HER"...

so i decided to be nice and FB friend her. maybe that will send the "i am harmless" message across. or something. these people are also like 15 years older than me..:bored:

You don't need a personality to hook up with a women. You can even be a really creepy, mean loser and still have women drooling all over you if you good enough facial aesthetics/muscles.

source: I've been miscing long enough to know how most women really think

yeah, that only works if its the temporary hook up youre after. coz after awhile, that creepy mean loser **** gets old, and if theres no substance behind the pretty face, youre donezo.

You don't need a personality to hook up with a women. You can even be a really creepy, mean loser and still have women drooling all over you if you good enough facial aesthetics/muscles.

Some truth to this, but you definitely need to be able to relate with women regardless. If all you have to talk about is video games then you're outa luck.

...yeah, the sample was literally 112 undergrad students. And if anything is indicative of what adult women want, it's the opinion of 100 women who are barely adults.
That plus their definition of "nice" was a little wonky. Just smiling at someone doesn't give off the vibe of "nice". Show me a study where dudes are helping sick puppies and I promise you the ladies will be all over them lol.

This facial aesthetics nonsense is bull. Situation from Jersey Shore had a terrible face (according to Snooki), and he still got laid all the time.

High status? Really? My better half is not "high status" and I could care less. He loves me and respects me and my family and THAT is more freaking important than the number on his tax return or his perceived status...#gostudyark

Isn't your "better half" a physician? That's very much a high status man.

In any case, the point is that women hold all the cards when they are young. In contrast, a man's value rises as he gets older and accrues money and status. When we are young, women control the romantic scene entirely, and a man's agency only rises as we get older.

It's become even worse now with obesity. As we've discussed, obesity completely torpedoes a woman's attractiveness. I'm sure it has a similar effect on a man's desirability; however, it's not the same. The male counterpart to an obese woman is not an obese man, it's a slovenly loser who lives in his parent's basement and overwhelmingly prefers Azeroth to Earth.

The end result is a dating scene in which young women have all the power and choice. And thus, to say it how they would in Game of Thrones, I cannot press a claim on these women without having the status and means necessary to defeat other claimants (the other dudes mackin on the bish).

What was it that Homer said (the Greek poet, not the Simpsons character)? "Even the bravest man cannot fight beyond his strength." But what if you build up your strength?

And that's what I'm doing.

Back to Pulm.

Pretty pissed no one wants to debate about my double post. Lame(not the fact that I double posted, just the contents of them).

I have a biochem test this week I've gotta study for, and I think our worldviews are too far apart to have a productive discussion

Pretty pissed no one wants to debate about my double post. Lame(not the fact that I double posted, just the contents of them).
It's probably bc Ark's posts as usual are so off the mark.

I have a biochem test this week I've gotta study for, and I think our worldviews are too far apart to have a productive discussion
Like Earth and Pluto far apart.

If it helps I feel like 95% of your posts are ripped straight from my brain. I just feel like a loser "liking" all of them.

This facial aesthetics nonsense is bull. Situation from Jersey Shore had a terrible face (according to Snooki), and he still got laid all the time.

Isn't your "better half" a physician? That's very much a high status man.

In any case, the point is that women hold all the cards when they are young. In contrast, a man's value rises as he gets older and accrues money and status. When we are young, women control the romantic scene entirely, and a man's agency only rises as we get older.

It's become even worse now with obesity. As we've discussed, obesity completely torpedoes a woman's attractiveness. I'm sure it has a similar effect on a man's desirability; however, it's not the same. The male counterpart to an obese woman is not an obese man, it's a slovenly loser who lives in his parent's basement and overwhelmingly prefers Azeroth to Earth.

The end result is a dating scene in which young women have all the power and choice. And thus, to say it how they would in Game of Thrones, I cannot press a claim on these women without having the status and means necessary to defeat other claimants (the other dudes mackin on the bish).

What was it that Homer said (the Greek poet, not the Simpsons character)? "Even the bravest man cannot fight beyond his strength." But what if you build up your strength?

And that's what I'm doing.

Back to Pulm.

Hes not a physician Ark, and if all I wanted was high status why on earth would I have started dating a medical student? Like srsly. I've been done with school for a few years, I could have gotten arranged married off to someone you would consider high status but I decided that love and that man were more important. But I get the feeling that preaching to you about anything other than status is a lost cause.

Like Earth and Pluto far apart.

Pluto isn't a planet anymore OKAY.

:D

what is this studying you speak of. I shall have an extra glass of vino at dinner tonight in honor of you and your test and your studying.

You mean you will be going ham on it.

Now you're getting it right :)

(Only here because my efficiency was failing. I need to rest a bit before seeing Pulm HTN).

Master yourself, then master the enemy - Lee Sin

For men, the best way to get laid is to get over your fear of rejection. This is the #1 inhibitor to getting laid. TRP advocates that you need to take life as it is. Sure, it would be great if women started approaching guys they liked and propositioning sex/relationships, but the overwhelming majority of the time, they just stand and wait, hoping the "right" guy will come along. What does that mean? A guy they find attractive, kind, and [insert other characteristics here]. Now, you can not be that guy for a variety of reasons. You might be too serious (like me), not tall enough, not rich enough, or she already has someone and isn't interested. Thats OK. You wouldn't want to be with her anyway. Her rejection of you has nothing to do with who you are- you simply weren't compatible. Whats the good part? For every girl that rejects you, you're getting closer and closer to a girl that thinks your charming/cute and will sleep with you. What better way is there to increase your chances than to increase n? I can attest to this myself. I was at a bar a few days ago and saw a really cute girl that wasn't from our MS1 class. I approached, she reciprocated with conversation, etc. When i went for her number, she made it clear she had a boyfriend (who was at the bar) and sure i was annoyed but i went my merry way to try it all over again. I tried again and again (about 4 girls later) i hit it off with another cute girl. No idea where its going to go, but its clear shes attracted to me, and i to her. Whats better than that? Do you want someone that isn't interested in you? Of course not. So work on getting over rejection- its hard but its worth it. Oh, and remember, girls want you to talk to them- they arent at a bar dressed half naked in the cold to "have fun with friends".

Oh, and for the (presuming) females posting on this thread, i can see where you're coming from but i also think you're taking a personal perspective and attempting to generalize it. It doesn't work that way. Most men, including myself, aren't chasing women that "dont need no man", we want a woman that needs her man and that is sexy. Im sure there are plenty of laid back guys that won't mind the alpha female personality, but i would argue that a majority of men don't like that. Why? Most of us are raised with the presumption that if we don't make something of ourselves, we're useless to society and in consequence, useless to women. Why are the majority of women attracted to high status men? I believe its because they're biologically wired to. This obviously might not apply to high status women because you're already financially/resource secure but there are plenty of pretty girls that just want a guy that will take care of her.

Last edited: