Class of 2017 cycle opening!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just read the thread that you posted Max :) you ignited the fire hahaha!

Good job defending pod though!!!!!
These premeds and there inferiority complex w/o receiving a letter of acceptance yet...
SMH

Members don't see this ad.

Got an Interview Invite on 10/22 from NYCPM

Got a rejection letter pre-interview dated 10/19 from Temple

Reading too much SDN got to my head, this just got too real.

Last edited:
I just read the thread that you posted Max :) you ignited the fire hahaha!

Good job defending pod though!!!!!
These premeds and there inferiority complex w/o receiving a letter of acceptance yet...
SMH

Yeah, I didn't intend for that to happen. But things kept blowing my mind, and apparently I don't have more important things in my life to be doing than to argue online... haha. I had a good time though.

Got a rejection letter dated 10/19 from Temple

Keep your chin up! If this is your dream, make it happen! Rock your interview at NYCPM, and if that doesn't work, apply to some other schools! Retake the MCAT this spring if that doesn't work. Do whatever it takes to make your dream a reality - don't let one silly school rejection letter alter the course of YOUR life!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have two invites!! (Kent, CSPM)

I was wondering what was going on with DMU so I called them and they said they would get back to me. 20 Minutes later I got an email saying that they are waiting for another MCAT score. SAD. I may take the MCAT again but if I am accepted to CSPM or Kent then I most likely won't.

Oh dear.

Anyone interviewing at Barry tomorrow? Of course I would be during a hurricane weekend

Has anyone been accepted at Western? I interviewed there a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything. They told us it would be two weeks, but I'm starting to get a little worried!!

Has anyone been accepted at Western? I interviewed there a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything. They told us it would be two weeks, but I'm starting to get a little worried!!

If you look at the official acceptance thread there is only one user so far indicating acceptance. I can also tell you this user had a well above average MCAT.

Good luck.

If you look at the official acceptance thread there is only one user so far indicating acceptance. I can also tell you this user had a well above average MCAT.

Good luck.
I saw that someone got accepted the day after their interview, and was confused because admissions made it clear that all acceptance/rejection letters would come via mail. I guess there are always exceptions! Congrats to those who don't have to worry about it anymore!

Is KSU as chill of an interview as Temple was?

hey sandie! can you let us know how it goes? I'll be in NY on that day, but have an CSPM interview on Nov 28 and they are my top choice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive been lurking these boards for a while now, and just realized I made a username like 8 months ago. haha. Thank you all for the good info. I have interviews coming up on 10/13 at Western and 10/14 at SMU. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone interviewing at DMU this week?
Interviewing at DMU on monday the 5th.
Applied to all 9. 2.9 GPA sci and cum and 31MCAT
here is where I am at (applied monday the 23rd)
DMU interview on the 5th
KUSPM Interview on 9th
CSPM, interview on Dec 3rd
TUSPM, Western, Barry. Received interview offers, need to schedule them.
RFU+AZPOD acknowledged receipt of my application, no interview or rejection letter yet
NYCPM have not heard from them at all, probably thursday or Fri will call them if I hear nothing

I am waiting to schedule TUSPM once I hear from NYCPM, hopefully do something like interview at Temple on Friday, enjoy Philly and NYC sat and sun and interview at NYCPM on the monday, and similar for western and AZPOD.
Probably will schedule Barry out a bit more. It really is not my highest choice unless some nice scholarship comes by. Probably will schedule in January, I am almost out of vacation days at work as it is
Best of luck to all those waiting or interviewing.

Got a rejection letter pre-interview dated 10/19 from Temple

I am sorry to hear about this turn of events. I would try to call an admissions counselor and see what the reason was so it can be adressed. Since we are all in good company what are your stats? Is there any way you try to bump that MCAT up a few points (if you are still in college with thanksgiving and winter break coming up, those are great times to study, there is a whole MCAT strategy forum on this site somewhere). Finally look at your app from the perspective of an ADCOM member who loves to rip applicants to shreds. Be honest with your self, what in your application do you think they would go after. Grades, EC's, community service, clinical work, LORs, etc. You want to really examine that so you can anticipate it for your NYCPM interview and future interview, or should you try to apply for the 2014 cycle. I truly wish you the best of luck, what happens happens as there will be opportunities to strengthen your app and get into all 9 schools.

Last edited:
Interviewing at DMU on monday the 5th.
Applied to all 9. 2.9 GPA sci and cum and 31MCAT
here is where I am at (applied monday the 23rd)
DMU interview on the 5th
KUSPM Interview on 9th
CSPM, interview on Dec 3rd
TUSPM, Western, Barry. Received interview offers, need to schedule them.
RFU+AZPOD acknowledged receipt of my application, no interview or rejection letter yet
NYCPM have not heard from them at all, probably thursday or Fri will call them if I hear nothing

I am waiting to schedule TUSPM once I hear from NYCPM, hopefully do something like interview at Temple on Friday, enjoy Philly and NYC sat and sun and interview at NYCPM on the monday, and similar for western and AZPOD.
Probably will schedule Barry out a bit more. It really is not my highest choice unless some nice scholarship comes by. Probably will schedule in January, I am almost out of vacation days at work as it is
Best of luck to all those waiting or interviewing.

Good luck at DMU and Kent next week! Let us know how they go!

I sorta ran into this problem but it's still pretty early in the cycle, so you should be fine, but if you plan on interviewing at all nine schools, i would try to get them all in November.
This is because a lot of acceptances "expire." So if you get accepted at DMU November 10th let's say, and you schedule Scholl for January 5th, your DMU offer will have been rescinded.

Again it's still pretty early so I imagine most schools would give you an extension, better safe than sorry though.

Alternatively, if you have no intention of attending all your interviews then never mind. You might fall in love at Kent, and cancel all others -who knows!

Just food for thought!

thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Just got a rejection from Scholl. Ouch. 3 interview invites, 2 rejections, got 4 more to hear back from.

With the NY flood damage and the school being closed this week and my interview being Nov 7, I don't know how I'm going to make it there. Going to give them a call on Friday.

First time around, self-studied, got a 19. This time, I'm in a TPR prep course, got plans to take it in January.

I'd rather be put on hold, PRE-interview as if schools would wait for my new MCAT scores....did they not see the line of planned MCAT in January 2013? I stop there. I got 3 interviews to rock. 3 more than I had 2 months ago.

In addition,

am I the only one concerned of whether the NYCPM Nov 7 interview is still a-go? A time where I really wish this pre-podiatry forum was poppin'.

With the NY flood damage and the school being closed this week and my interview being Nov 7, I don't know how I'm going to make it there. Going to give them a call on Friday.

First time around, self-studied, got a 19. This time, I'm in a TPR prep course, got plans to take it in January.
From my understanding upper manhatten did not sustain much damage, the main issue is lower outage and transportation. Will you be driving to NYC or flying in. If you are driving I would just keep the date as it is and go from there. If I were flying I would call them Friday or Monday, if no one answers, I would probably just email them stating you are going need to reschedule. Given the circumstances I think they would be understanding to a last minute cancellation if no one in the office is picking up.

As for your 19MCAT
What were your practice MCATs looking like (remember if it you do not set it for test conditions it really does not give an accurate score of what you can do). Just keep in mind 2 things, you can only take the MCAT 3 times barring some sort of waiver. Second the AAMC sent out an email before my test stating that most who do retake the MCAT generally get the same score as their first. Where I am going with this is do not neccesarily rush into taking this again. You only have two shots left at $250 a piece, so do not waste them. Look into why you got the 19, what are your weak areas on the test, examine why you got this question wrong. Assuming you are North of 2.75 GPA you probably want 24 or better. Take the real MCAT when your AAMC practice tests are scoring that or better. Best of luck.

From my understanding upper manhatten did not sustain much damage, the main issue is lower outage and transportation. Will you be driving to NYC or flying in. If you are driving I would just keep the date as it is and go from there. If I were flying I would call them Friday or Monday, if no one answers, I would probably just email them stating you are going need to reschedule. Given the circumstances I think they would be understanding to a last minute cancellation if no one in the office is picking up.

As for your 19MCAT
What were your practice MCATs looking like (remember if it you do not set it for test conditions it really does not give an accurate score of what you can do). Just keep in mind 2 things, you can only take the MCAT 3 times barring some sort of waiver. Second the AAMC sent out an email before my test stating that most who do retake the MCAT generally get the same score as their first. Where I am going with this is do not neccesarily rush into taking this again. You only have two shots left at $250 a piece, so do not waste them. Look into why you got the 19, what are your weak areas on the test, examine why you got this question wrong. Assuming you are North of 2.75 GPA you probably want 24 or better. Take the real MCAT when your AAMC practice tests are scoring that or better. Best of luck.

It's a limit of 3 a year. I think the new "year" starts in January, so technically she can take 3 more in 2013.

Edit: Not saying that's a good idea, though.

It's a limit of 3 a year. I think the new "year" starts in January, so technically she can take 3 more in 2013.

Edit: Not saying that's a good idea, though.

My mistake, at the very least I am sure the AAMC is doing well enough financially, so there is no need to keep kicking them the $250 or what ever it was to sit for the test.

This is the most viewed thread of all time in the pre-pod section!! yay!!!

Now that everyone has been out interviewing, I am curious to know which schools facilities have impressed you the most?

Now that everyone has been out interviewing, I am curious to know which schools facilities have impressed you the most?

I have only seen 3 schools: Glendale, DMU and CSPM.

DMU by far has the nicest looking school, feels like a university. Glendale comes close it looks like it was cut from a similar cloth.

CSPM is ugly, and in the hood. I know Oakland well, and yea it's hood. Yet the clinic at Oakland general was booming, Students where running around with an over supply of patients.

I just lol'd

I should elaborate my thoughts on CSPM.

They have great sim lab, and have all the necessary resources for a student to succeed. When second year hits you really feel like a student doctor, because they throw you in the lions pit in Oakland General. Which I think is really awesome. There staff and attending are top notch. One of the Attending's is the pod for the SF Giants!

DMU had a nice course where they hired actors, and you practice seeing patients. In Oakland you actually see patients.

I really liked CSPM for the reasons that by the time you hit residency you will have seen SO MANY real life cases, and patients. They work in the busiest ER in the country.

Downside is that they don't have the same school/ campus life feel as DMU/ AZPOD. I will be a commuter student anyways due to having a family, so thats not a huge factor for me personally, but can see why its important for many.

should get a reply... tomorrow or wednesday... from two of the schools.... crossing my fingers... :scared:

can anyone post a link to facebook group for class of 2017?

Anyone applying around this time?
Or are most of you (like myself) waiting to take the January MCAT to apply for the cycle?

Anyone applying around this time?
Or are most of you (like myself) waiting to take the January MCAT to apply for the cycle?

At DMU the admissions lady stated that January is usually when the torrent of apps come in.

Do you know when schools usually release the data regarding how many students apply, interview, accepted, etc?

Usually AACPM releases the previous years info around September...

Kent's facilities seemed to be top notch. They are 10 times better then the school I'm at for grad school. Anatomy lab has computers with 32" screens at each station where you can view the instructors dissection and can connect to Internet if you need to look something up. Very nice!

Bumpppp. I finish school tomorrow and I want another hangout thread for prepods so imma attempt to revive this one... Post something awesome guys!

what's that mean?

Tell me about your life. Post whatever you want. Lol, I don't care. Rant about something. Tell us your experiences. Tons of other forum sections have threads like this where people just have conversations about whatever.

For instance: I took my last final ever today of undergraduate! Wooo. Now I'm just pissed I have to hang around for the next 2 days because i have to do hall checkouts which will literally take ~10 minutes total. I am wasting two days of my life for 10 minutes of work. How dumb.

You?

So does that mean you're graduating this semester? What are you gonna do in your semester off?

So does that mean you're graduating this semester? What are you gonna do in your semester off?

Yup! Only took 3.5 years! Woo!

I am applying to a lot of lab jobs - I actually have 5 interviews scheduled next week. :scared:

Going to try to make some $$ before pod school

Ohhhhh okay, I gotcha.

Well, the only exciting thing in my life is MCATs.
Yes the epitome of pathetic, I know :p

I forget, did you pick Temple or DMU Max?

For reasons that I cannot comprehend, I elected to stay in a cornfield for another 4 years....

They rejected me, Max. I'm never eating corn again.

They rejected me, Max. I'm never eating corn again.

Don't feel too bad about it. Our class is literally almost full and you have pretty good stats. It sucks that you didn't get in, but I imagine it was mostly because of how quickly it filled this year...

Good luck on your process though - you'll get in somewhere, and subsequently, be a doctor (which is the real goal here - not the school).

You might want to stay away from corn-ethanol too... and any candy/sweet food sold in the US (good ole high-fructose corn syrup!)....

For reasons that I cannot comprehend, I elected to stay in a cornfield for another 4 years....

It's still crazy to think that I rejected Western, :smuggrin: I don't know what's up with me that night when I submitted my deposit. :eek:

Anyway, you know what I'm gonna say now, get back to packing :D

It's still crazy to think that I rejected Western, :smuggrin: I don't know what's up with me that night when I submitted my deposit. :eek:

Anyway, you know what I'm gonna say now, get back to packing :D

msion, you should see my car. It is literally packed so full right now. I still have to put my computer, bedding, and some clothes in it... I'm not sure I'm going to make it... So anyways, I am very nearly done packing!