Class of 2017 cycle opening!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so for temple, it was 3 candidates and 1 interviewer (the associate dean). after that we had one on one interview

at NYCPM, it was one candidate and a panel (2 to 3 faculty members)

What kind of questions were at each interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got both

Let's say you get invitations from five schools but you only really like two of them. It is better to schedule interviews from the ones you dont like then cancel them a few days before you go if you get an acceptance from somewhere else before the interview date or is it best to not schedule it and wait?

Let's say you get invitations from five schools but you only really like two of them. It is better to schedule interviews from the ones you dont like then cancel them a few days before you go if you get an acceptance from somewhere else before the interview date or is it best to not schedule it and wait?

I mean, in the end it won't matter for you, but it's more courteous to not schedule the interview until you need to.

Your reserved "seat" could perhaps disallow someone else to take your day of interviewing that might be better for them. Schools won't care if you push your day back to November, but they will get agitated with you if you cancel a couple of days before. But again, if you cancel it's because you got into the school you wanted to go to, and so the opinion of the school you cancelled on won't matter.

In summation: Common courtesy dictates that you do not schedule your interview of the other 3 schools until you've heard back from the first 2.

What kind of questions were at each interview?

they asked typical interview questions regarding your app, your reason for podiatry, and etc. check the interview feedback on the reference material tab

I mean, in the end it won't matter for you, but it's more courteous to not schedule the interview until you need to.

Your reserved "seat" could perhaps disallow someone else to take your day of interviewing that might be better for them. Schools won't care if you push your day back to November, but they will get agitated with you if you cancel a couple of days before. But again, if you cancel it's because you got into the school you wanted to go to, and so the opinion of the school you cancelled on won't matter.

In summation: Common courtesy dictates that you do not schedule your interview of the other 3 schools until you've heard back from the first 2.

I agree. I haven't even responded to 2 of the schools that invited me. I will accept or deny their offers after my Temple/NYCPM/KSUCPM interviews next week. Based on how they go, I will decide if, 1) I need to look at other schools 2) I want to commit the time and money to visiting other schools. I haven't heard back back from DMU yet, but a counselor e-mailed me and said that I was under review after they received my MCAT and I should know by Friday or early next week. I will go there too if given the opportunity.

those are my top 4, so interviewing at other schools is pointless unless I don't get into one of those for some statistically anomalous reason.

there were no expiration dates on any of my invites, so I'm just putting some of my less favorites on the back burner for now. :whistle:

Has anyone interviewed at Kent or Scholl yet? If so what specific questions were you asked?

Has anyone interviewed at Kent or Scholl yet? If so what specific questions were you asked?

Go to SDN homepage, and under the "articles and interviews" tab you can click on podiatry and see TONS of stuff that former interviewers have said and info about the school.

Thanks everyone :) looking forward to those post. Im a little nervous!

Interviewed yesterday at DMU! Hope to hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Scheduled my interviews for Temple and Kent State a couple weeks ago. Am I supposed to have received an information packet in the mail or anything to confirm my dates?

Scheduled my interviews for Temple and Kent State a couple weeks ago. Am I supposed to have received an information packet in the mail or anything to confirm my dates?

Not to confirm your dates but they do both send out information packets about podiatry/their achools.

That sounds about right. All of the candidates seemed very good, so it will be interesting to see what happens!

Not to confirm your dates but they do both send out information packets about podiatry/their achools.

I received the packets when I was invited to interview but I haven't received anything after I scheduled them. You would think that I should get some confirmation email or something.

Idk why I keep getting the generic "want to be a podiatrist?" emails from kent when i interviewed with them on friday....

Idk why I keep getting the generic "want to be a podiatrist?" emails from kent when i interviewed with them on friday....

How did your interview go with Kent? What were the questions like?

Interview at Kent went well, I think. It was real 'chill' as the students there like to say haha. The best part about the weekend was watching thursday night football with some first years, cleveland vs. baltimore (they just finished their first exam week so had time although most left to study). They asked questions like: why pod, how did you accomplish your upward trend, what aspect of the doctor you shadowed did you like most, and thats all i can remember. I actually was not sold on the school, though. I did not like the feel of it actually. It is located in a beautiful building that used to be a bank headquarters among other things. The building is nice, the anatomy lab is extremely nice, however I did not like the overall lay out of the school. I would describe it as not having a university like feel,at least it did not have one to me. Also, no gym. Just a small outdated work out area. The staff on the other hand were AMAZING. After all it is just not the school for me. I am sure others feel different. I was just lucky enough to be accepted into another school, which I like more. Check it out, its a good school overall with great people, it just was not for me.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Interview at Kent went well, I think. It was real 'chill' as the students there like to say haha. The best part about the weekend was watching thursday night football with some first years, cleveland vs. baltimore (they just finished their first exam week so had time although most left to study). They asked questions like: why pod, how did you accomplish your upward trend, what aspect of the doctor you shadowed did you like most, and thats all i can remember. I actually was not sold on the school, though. I did not like the feel of it actually. It is located in a beautiful building that used to be a bank headquarters among other things. The building is nice, the anatomy lab is extremely nice, however I did not like the overall lay out of the school. I would describe it as not having a university like feel,at least it did not have one to me. Also, no gym. Just a small outdated work out area. The staff on the other hand were AMAZING. After all it is just not the school for me. I am sure others feel different. I was just lucky enough to be accepted into another school, which I like more. Check it out, its a good school overall with great people, it just was not for me.

I just booked my hotel in North Chicago for my Scholl Interview! woooo!

What kind of a discount did you get for mentioning the University?

I feel like I know this, but you're interviewing that day too right? Is it your first?

Yes it'll be my first interview. My second interview is next month at Samuel Merritt. I haven't booked a hotel yet though for Chicago.

What kind of a discount did you get for mentioning the University?

Eh, it wasn't one of the recommended hotels on their website so I didn't even call and try. The king suite was only like $83 with breakfast included!

Anyone got acceptance without the required number of recommendations? I got an interview invite but I all of my letters have not been sent out. It's like pulling teeth with some professors

Eh, it wasn't one of the recommended hotels on their website so I didn't even call and try. The king suite was only like $83 with breakfast included!

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it either. I'm more worried about catching a cab from the airport to the hotel at 10:30 the night before! haha I just wanted to see if you had tried one of their recommended hotels and if the discount was worth it...several of them do have a free shuttle to campus in the morning so that's a plus if you don't have your own vehicle there.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it either. I'm more worried about catching a cab from the airport to the hotel at 10:30 the night before! haha I just wanted to see if you had tried one of their recommended hotels and if the discount was worth it...several of them do have a free shuttle to campus in the morning so that's a plus if you don't have your own vehicle there.

Oh yikes!! That'll be a long night for you! If you're interviewing next Thursday I'd offer to give you a ride, but that is super late and I need my beauty sleep.

I'm not sure how this works, but you might want to schedule in advance a ride out to North Chicago. I'm telling you, it's like 1 hour from Chicago. I was about to stay downtown and just get up early for the interview, but I changed my mind and decided to save some dollars!

O'hare is a huge airport, there will be cabs available whenever you land. I just hate that it's going to cost a whole butt ton of money to get to the hotel near Scholl and back :(

O'hare is a huge airport, there will be cabs available whenever you land. I just hate that it's going to cost a whole butt ton of money to get to the hotel near Scholl and back :(

I honestly don't know, but are all cabs willing to drive out that far - especially that late at night??

Last edited:
So I just wanted to share this because it was really funny: during my Temple interview, our tour guide/admission "counselor"(?) (I don't remember her name) kept referring to Boise and driving to Utah when I told her/she saw I was from Iowa.

I then realized she didn't know there was a difference between Iowa and Idaho... lol

So I just wanted to share this because it was really funny: during my Temple interview, our tour guide/admission "counselor"(?) (I don't remember her name) kept referring to Boise and driving to Utah when I told her/she saw I was from Iowa.

I then realized she didn't know there was a difference between Iowa and Idaho... lol

Haha Idaho, Iowa...same difference I think.

Also, yes, Thursday night is going to be a little late. Scholl gives you the numbers and rates for cabs out of Chicago to N. Chicago so I'm going to give them a call and make sure that they will make that trip. If not I can stay with a friend that is in dental school and just make it an early morning. Either way, it's going to be interesting. And I interview the 25th so we'll be here and there on different days. Thanks for the thought though! And good luck next week! Let us know what you think!

Since I have applied early, and interviewed at DMU (my top choice), I am curious about how the next step works. Will they email with acceptance/denied or being placed on the wait list, will they call, will they use snail mail? This sounds like a stupid question, but patience is not my strongest quality and this wait is killing me lol

Since I have applied early, and interviewed at DMU (my top choice), I am curious about how the next step works. Will they email with acceptance/denied or being placed on the wait list, will they call, will they use snail mail? This sounds like a stupid question, but patience is not my strongest quality and this wait is killing me lol

They will email you a deciscion. If you interviewed last Friday you can expect to hear back today or tomorrow.

Got to interview at DMU you manana. Got to town about 10pm, and cruised around DT, scouring for a place open for a meal. I'm feelen good, ready for tomorrow.

btw you guys should rent a car if you can. I got one for 50 bucks. Makes life easier.

Got to interview at DMU you manana. Got to town about 10pm, and cruised around DT, scouring for a place open for a meal. I'm feelen good, ready for tomorrow.

Zombie Burger serves food until 2 am and it's delicious!

Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!

AACPMAS lost one of my transcripts...... I sent them all in a Manila envelope too!!

:mad: :thumbdown:

Way to push back when my application will be officially sent out!

Well overall I feel the interview went well. I hope I was able to be personable, and present good reasons why I want to be a podiatrist and that I have what it takes to succeed.

For the tally there where 5 of us.

Des Moines is a lot nicer then expected. It's starting to get cold, but the people are nice. The neighborhoods feel safe. There is lots of tree's and trails. This city is great for people that enjoy the outdoors.

Des Moines is a lot nicer then expected. It's starting to get cold, but the people are nice. The neighborhoods feel safe. There is lots of tree's and trails. This city is great for people that enjoy the outdoors.

Yeah no kidding. I'm freezing right now

It was like 88 in richmond today, I can't deal with our weather.

Accepted at Temple and DMU now... Scholl on Thursday! This is it!