Class of 2017 cycle opening!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxillofacialMN

Osteopathic Foot Dentist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying today!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! Good luck!! I went to go create an application and there's nothing up yet! I'm on the west coast so maybe I have to wait 'til noon here? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I live on the East Coast and still can't apply yet, so don't worry :)

Edit- It's open now! Best of luck to EVERYONE!!

Last edited:
It's up now!!

Is anyone else having trouble opening the transcript request form? I'm assuming it's the little orange link to the left of the college you attended. But it won't open! Gah.

Is anyone else having trouble opening the transcript request form? I'm assuming it's the little orange link to the left of the college you attended. But it won't open! Gah.

mine worked :confused:

I would submit the MCAT and transcript asap. At my university I have to mail in a cover letter with the transcript request form and payment, apparently it takes 2-3 weeks for them to even send out the transcript, but it may be different at your school. Good luck!

So I just tried to send my MCAT scores from the AAMC website, it sent me to a 'MCAT THx' link and then I just put to send my official scores to AACPMAS...is this all there is to it? They didn't charge me so I don't know if I did it right (seriously)....anyone know if this is the way it's done? Thanks for the help in advance...:thumbup:

Sorry, just went to the AACPMAS app site and read directions under 'TESTS' tab and that is how it is done.

Really? Isn't there a greater chance of these two things getting lost without the application to connect them? I probably won't submit the actual application for another 2-3 weeks since I'm going out of the country tomorrow. Would that make a difference?

Applying 2-3 weeks into the cycle shouldn't be a problem, you're still applying very early. Also, you're sending your transcript/mcat scores to the application service, not the individual schools. You will want your mcat/transcripts in asap so that they can send it out to the schools you are applying to when you submit your application. You should request to have your AACPMAS ID # written by the registrar on your official transcript so that AACPMAS can link this to your account more quickly (it's a precaution). I'm not sure how sending in your mcat score works because I have not yet received mine.

That's just my 2 cents! Please correct me if I am wrong :)

to link your MCAT find out your AAMC id # and then copy it into your account information in your application. This is supposed to link your MCAT info.

I started my app today. I got my transcripts sent. I think I will submit monday. I forget if I have to wait for transcripts to be verified before submitting? Anyone know?

I'm 1/2 way threw getting all my letters of rec, but I won't need those till later anyways.

good luck everyone. Samuel Merritt is 1st on my list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I started my app today. I got my transcripts sent. I think I will submit monday. I forget if I have to wait for transcripts to be verified before submitting? Anyone know?

I'm 1/2 way threw getting all my letters of rec, but I won't need those till later anyways.

good luck everyone. Samuel Merritt is 1st on my list.

Go ahead and submit your application on Monday :) verification will take around a month
or so after transcripts are recieved.

Natorx, You can E-submit before you transcripts are received. It says so on the "Before You Begin" section. You know, the section you clicked the box saying you read?? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Submitted my apps and had my transcripts mailed out today. I did rush order online yesterday but totally forgot that I should attach the Transcript Request cover sheet that AACPMAS provides so I had go to the registrar first thing this morning with the sheet and tell them to staple it to my transcript before they send it out.

Letters of rec are done too. So just playing the waiting game until AACPMAS gets my transcripts and processes my apps.

Submitted my apps and had my transcripts mailed out today. I did rush order online yesterday but totally forgot that I should attach the Transcript Request cover sheet that AACPMAS provides so I had go to the registrar first thing this morning with the sheet and tell them to staple it to my transcript before they send it out.

Letters of rec are done too. So just playing the waiting game until AACPMAS gets my transcripts and processes my apps.

Nice!!!! 1st choice???

Feels great to be on top of things doesn't it :) Best of luck to you this cycle! Looking back from last years information we should see our transcripts marked as recieved sometime around August 12th or so.

Nice!!!! 1st choice???

It's a tie between Western University and Kent State. Western is in Pomona which is about a 45 minute drive from I live so I went up there a couple weeks ago to inspect the campus and I was surprised how compact it was haha but that's because I went to a huge school for Undergrad. But the people were so warm and friendly! They gave me so much information and one of the 3rd year podiatry students even gave me his card.

Kent State is probably the first place I'd consider if I had to go out of state. But in all honesty I'll probably be happy going anywhere I can get in. :)

Feels great to be on top of things doesn't it :) Best of luck to you this cycle! Looking back from last years information we should see our transcripts marked as recieved sometime around August 12th or so.

Thanks and it really does. I didn't have much to do in the month of July so I basically spent it getting my apps in order before August 1st and getting my PS finalized. Best of luck to you too!

It's a tie between Western University and Kent State. Western is in Pomona which is about a 45 minute drive from I live so I went up there a couple weeks ago to inspect the campus and I was surprised how compact it was haha but that's because I went to a huge school for Undergrad. But the people were so warm and friendly! They gave me so much information and one of the 3rd year podiatry students even gave me his card.

Kent State is probably the first place I'd consider if I had to go out of state. But in all honesty I'll probably be happy going anywhere I can get in. :)

Western is probably my first and only choice, cuz I literally live 15 minutes away from the campus, unless some other schools offer me really generous scholarships. The worst part is that I am attending college out-state and it's a long commute back to socal for interviews.

Got my transcripts sent, will be submitting my app very soon. Have all my letters ready to go, contemplating getting an extra one from my PI from this summer. I need to finish up my PS soon, then I'l be good to submit. First choice is Barry at the moment, but that may change Im sure. Good luck to every one

Sent in my app on wed...only applying to Barry. 3.69 sGPA and 3.67 overall. But last 90 hours are almost all science and that gpa is 3.87. Attended good university in TX. My mcat was 10/7/10...7 on verbal but just retook July 26. Hoping I'll a) get in and b) get some scholarships :/

Sent in my app on wed...only applying to Barry. 3.69 sGPA and 3.67 overall. But last 90 hours are almost all science and that gpa is 3.87. Attended good university in TX. My mcat was 10/7/10...7 on verbal but just retook July 26. Hoping I'll a) get in and b) get some scholarships :/

you retook a 27 for pod school??? Good luck!!

Also, you'll get in... haha

I'm excited about applying this cycle. This time has been easier. Last year I applied to Pharmacy Schools ( which I was accepted to 2) but after some sole (soul) searching (pod jk) I realized I wanted to be in more of clinic setting, and perform procedures, not stuck in retail. The only worry I have - that worried me last cylce - is I have a really crappy transcripts from 1999 - 2002. Then returning to school in 2007 I have complete pwnd my classes. So my app is probally gonna look like a overall 2.8 oGPA, and 3.8 sGPA. I hope they just ignore my transcripts from a decade ago that has drove down my gpa, and see that I've been killen it since I been back haha.

Good thing PharmCas is near the same to AACPMAS so there been a lot of copy paste =)

I'm revising my PS this weekend, and sending transcripts, and pressing submit on Monday.

Is anyone else having problems with AACPMAS getting the official MCAT score? MCAT THx says the sending was complete, but it's not showing up on my app.....? I've entered my AAMCAS ID and everything...?

Has anyone else gotten their MCAT "verified" or "received" or w/e?

Is anyone else having problems with AACPMAS getting the official MCAT score? MCAT THx says the sending was complete, but it's not showing up on my app.....? I've entered my AAMCAS ID and everything...?

Has anyone else gotten their MCAT "verified" or "received" or w/e?

Yea same for me. Says that sending in scores is complete yet it does not show that to be the case on my app.

Yea same for me. Says that sending in scores is complete yet it does not show that to be the case on my app.

WTF AACPMAS

I filled out the AACOMAS application as well, and they got my scores within like 4 hours....

Also, we should tell everyone where we are applying:

I'm applying to DMU, Midwestern and one or two more. Maybe Western, Barry or Scholl... or NYCPM. (Actually, I might just want an excuse to fly to NYC for a couple days...)

Schools applying to: Barry, OCPM, Des Moines, Samuel Merrit, and Scholl

Schools applying to: Barry, OCPM, Des Moines, Samuel Merrit, and Scholl

I feel like I know the answer to this, but where are you regionally? What made you pick SM over Western?

I feel like I know the answer to this, but where are you regionally? What made you pick SM over Western?

I am from Florida but go to school in West Virginia. I chose to apply to SM because I unfortunately earned a C- in a pre-req which is not acceptable at Western nor Azpod.

I am from Florida but go to school in West Virginia. I chose to apply to SM because I unfortunately earned a C- in a pre-req which is not acceptable at Western nor Azpod.

Ahhhhhhhhh I gotcha. So are you pretty set on Barry?? Should I apply there? I've lived in the midwest all my life and I might want to live somewhere "fun" for the four years of pod school (well i guess 3 if the last year is out on clerkships, but I digress). Is Miami the best? Lol

Location is pretty much the reason I'm only applying to Barry. There's no way I could live in ny, Ohio, or Iowa. Absolutely despise cold weather, plus I'm way too conservative for Cali. I also like the sports medicine aspect of Barry

Location is pretty much the reason I'm only applying to Barry. There's no way I could live in ny, Ohio, or Iowa. Absolutely despise cold weather, plus I'm way too conservative for Cali. I also like the sports medicine aspect of Barry

Yeah I think that's why I'm shying away from Scholl, and NOT applying to OCPM. If i'm staying in the midwest, I might as well go to Des Moines because it's closer, and in a city, whereas Scholl is like an hour (?) out of the city (of different size, I recognize).

Temple's website annoys me too much to go there. If I'm going to California, I never hear anything about SM on here, so I get biased, and I think I'd prefer a school with a DO program. Plus, I've heard Harkless is awesome. And LA is better than Oakland.

That's pretty much my train of thought. Most of it is trivial, but w/e. haha

I biked to the beach today and went for a swim in the crystal clear blue water 5 blocks from my house. I live 13 minutes (on a good day with not too much traffic) from campus. I really liked Ohio a lot, but the warmth lured me away to south florida. Not to mention, it's a great school...but, there are other great schools out there as well. I chose to go where I knew I'd be really happy for the next 4 years from a lifestyle perspective, while being very pleased with the school and all that it has to offer. Good luck with the application process!

WTF AACPMAS

I filled out the AACOMAS application as well, and they got my scores within like 4 hours....

The AACOMAS cycle has been up for two months now, it processed quickly because you don't have the large flux of applications like you would have during the beginning of a cycle. I think by around august 15th or so things should start showing up on aacpmas.

Also I am applying to temple, scholl, and dmu.

Kinda an oddball question, but how is the weather in Des Moines and Miami in terms of incliment weather? Does Dmu experience lots of tornados while barry hurricanes? Thanks in advance:)

I biked to the beach today and went for a swim in the crystal clear blue water 5 blocks from my house. I live 13 minutes (on a good day with not too much traffic) from campus. I really liked Ohio a lot, but the warmth lured me away to south florida. Not to mention, it's a great school...but, there are other great schools out there as well. I chose to go where I knew I'd be really happy for the next 4 years from a lifestyle perspective, while being very pleased with the school and all that it has to offer. Good luck with the application process!

Are you the person that posted a pic of your apartment that faces the beach awhile back?? That WOULD be nice....

Yes I am pretty set on Barry if I do end up getting in. Miami is fun thats for sure. Id like to be there just so I can still hang out with my dad and my friends in Florida. Being in WV for the last four years makes me want to go home haha. As far as weather goes, it can be hectic. One summer we got hit by four hurricanes within a month or so. That was charley and all those if you remember. I love the heat, and miss the ocean and the lifestyle I had in Florida. Plus Barry is a good school, and a big school from what I gather. The only thing I do not like about Barry is that I cannot seem to talk to anyone in admissions... Oh another plus, my dad graduated from Barry University school of Law in Orlando, where we are from. So it would be cool if we had the same alma matter.

Are you the person that posted a pic of your apartment that faces the beach awhile back?? That WOULD be nice....

No, that was Paulywog, i believe ;)

However, I can give you this... where I ride my bike to 3 min from mi casa. :D

I really wish I knew how to post a picture, but an attachment is gonna have to do.

Attachments

• boardwalk12.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 72
While I can't say I understand all the reasons, I applaud everyone who has limited their school choices to places they would actually want to live/attend! Cut those lists down people.

In other news, I moved from Texas to Des Moines and it is HOT as hell here, right now. Can't say I know what's coming, but any Texan would feel right at home. PS I found some corn fields.

I'm applying to all accept: Barry, and NYC

Top 2: CSPM and Western. I grew up in Cali, and would have a lot of family that would make the transition smooth.

I would highly advise you to cut your list down. Unless your application is highly flawed (and even then - its the beginning of the cycle) you will likely be offered interviews at every single school. Why not apply to your top choices and see how it goes. You can always apply to more schools later (you won't need to).

It's great to see some of you guys so interested in BarryU. I really want to go there, but I won't be applying until the end of Feb when I receive my MCAT results.

How long does the entire process typically take?
From submitting in the apps to finding out whether or not you are accepted...

I would highly advise you to cut your list down. Unless your application is highly flawed (and even then - its the beginning of the cycle) you will likely be offered interviews at every single school. Why not apply to your top choices and see how it goes. You can always apply to more schools later (you won't need to).

Good advise, I might just apply top 3, and then see how it goes. If my desired picks don't materialize I can just apply to some others. Its early enough that I have time on my side.

I applied to all just to have the option of being able to choose. I know it is a waste of money but I just feel more at ease with having all my options open to me, and I don't plan on applying to any other grad schools :)

my top choice is western just cause its 15 minutes from where I live.

I'm having the dilemma of applying to all schools or just a few because I have yet to receive my MCAT score (took it on July 14th). I'm not too sure how well I did on that (didn't feel too confident coming out of it at all) but I just calculated and have a sGPA of 3.44 and a cGPA of 3.51. I should just wait to see what my mcat score is before deciding. I hate waiting though!!

I'm having the dilemma of applying to all schools or just a few because I have yet to receive my MCAT score (took it on July 14th). I'm not too sure how well I did on that (didn't feel too confident coming out of it at all) but I just calculated and have a sGPA of 3.44 and a cGPA of 3.51. I should just wait to see what my mcat score is before deciding. I hate waiting though!!

I suggest just a few. Your Gpa is higher than the averages at all the schools. AZpod has the highest average gpa right at 3.5. So, while yours is marginally higher, point is it still is higher.

Good luck :)!

No, that was Paulywog, i believe ;)

However, I can give you this... where I ride my bike to 3 min from mi casa. :D

I really wish I knew how to post a picture, but an attachment is gonna have to do.

Nice!! I don't think they have that scene at DMU... lol

Also, hurricanes would be the worst.....